Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Birds Are Happening

Outside in Tomarang, the bird noises are very obvious. There's a bird cage decor in the pack. But there's two decor plants called Birds of Paradise and Egg of Paradise with pretty obvious bird hints. Plus a wall decor of a bird.

I hope pet birds are happening and it's not just elephant decor and tiger clothes but you never get it sort of thing.

Comments

• Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    Outside in Tomarang, the bird noises are very obvious. There's a bird cage decor in the pack. But there's two decor plants called Birds of Paradise and Egg of Paradise with pretty obvious bird hints. Plus a wall decor of a bird.

I hope pet birds are happening and it's not just elephant decor and tiger clothes but you never get it sort of thing.

Oh I really hope so! I hope we can train some to talk as well!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I would like to have pet birds for my sims. I think the cage might definitely be a hint. We got most of the other pets from previous games but birds are still missing.

Perhaps it can be combined with little pet dragons as well?
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    I really hope so
  • Options
    SimChic1SimChic1 Posts: 3,449 Member
    If that's true, I hope it's not behind DLC. The Sims team needs to stop breaking up things that should have been all in one DLC (Cats & Dogs, Horse Ranch, and My First Pet, for example).
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited December 2023
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I would like to have pet birds for my sims. I think the cage might definitely be a hint. We got most of the other pets from previous games but birds are still missing.

Perhaps it can be combined with little pet dragons as well?

I'm down for dragons, though I hope they can be larger and more complex than the Sims 3 versions. I wasn't aware of dragons existing in Sims 1 until long after I stopped playing the original game (I didn't really get the hang of Makin' Magic) so I never saw what those were like.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »
    If that's true, I hope it's not behind DLC. The Sims team needs to stop breaking up things that should have been all in one DLC (Cats & Dogs, Horse Ranch, and My First Pet, for example).

That would been impossible.
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Personally, I'm only excited if my casters can get more dynamic raven and owl familiars (like the cat and dog familiars).

Still, for everyone who wants a parrot or whatever, I hope this is true.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited December 2023
    Maybe pet birds are coming in the now rumored Romance themed EP for early 2024. Not sure how they would fit in there though, maybe if the world is related to a real country or area in real life where there are lots of birds :lol: OMG wait...pet doves sending love letters...I think I am cracking the code now...I got this :lol::open_mouth: Romantic Aviary Living EP confirmed for quarter 1 2024! :lol:
  • Options
    NightwalkerArkanisNightwalkerArkanis Posts: 272 Member
    What kind of birds? Budgies, doves, parrots? Dare we hope for hawks, seagulls, falcons, eagles, ravens and vultures? If they're gonna give us a bird pack, they gotta be thorough.

What do we want to get rid of: The holiday bug, the constant showering and the weed glitch.
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Has anyone played Sims Medieval with the pirates expansion? The birds in that are simple, but amazing. Basically different skins for different species are called with a whistle and can do lots. I love the Hawks.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Personally, I'm only excited if my casters can get more dynamic raven and owl familiars (like the cat and dog familiars).

Still, for everyone who wants a parrot or whatever, I hope this is true.

Birds being familiars won't happen I think. I understand that lamas, chickens, rabbits are not familiars cause they're tied to an object, but when horses were released and they can't have any magical link to spellcasters, I lost hope for any pet familiars other than cats and dogs
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 442 Member
    Chickens as a familiar just on the home lots with chicken coop objects would be cute!!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    SimChic1 wrote: »

While they've given us some things for free, I can't see these being free. Hopefully they would at least just be in a Stuff Pack, or part of something larger.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    I would live more animals. Birds would be great. I love the little bird cage For Rent came with.
  • Options
    SarjSarj Posts: 1 New Member
    Oh, this could really be happening! Back in Growing Together the animal puzzles are:"Best Friends Fur Ever" (cats and dogs); Meadow Mare (horses); Grassland sheep and Fitness goats (also from horse ranch)...but there are also "Feathered Friends".
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Yeah, birds don't have to be the biggest pack, they can be a Stuff Pack like hamsters. Okay not like hamsters. Much better than hamsters. But still not so big that they take up a place on your Sim's family.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    jomilejjomilej Posts: 191 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    Yeah, birds don't have to be the biggest pack, they can be a Stuff Pack like hamsters. Okay not like hamsters. Much better than hamsters. But still not so big that they take up a place on your Sim's family.

Birds Should be like Rabbits and Lamas imo. Same for dragon pets if they ever introduce them. However, the team really needs to update familiars so we can have chicken familiars, rabbbit familiars, bee familiars (especially that we can bond with bees)