Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A did you know Thread on For Rent

This is the place to come to see if there are any unexpected info that you might have missed.

Did You Know?

There are sharks,sting rays,sea turtles and possibly other marine wildlife in Tomorang.

Pools can get algea in them.

The swimming area in Tomorang is very large with multiple swimming spots.

There is an easel close to the ocean on a dock.

Sims may move out of an apartment on they're own if they're not happy.

The boats that go by have horns .

Comments

• Options
    flauschtrudflauschtrud Posts: 242 Member
    You can disable Rental Events in the game settings if you don't want to deal with them.
    I make gameplay mods! You can find them at CurseForge.
    My first attempt at creating a Sims comic: The Parker-Goth Legacy.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know we are getting an elephant version of this in For Rent?

• Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

I'd missed this. Does that mean we'll now have to clean all our pools in all worlds?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,608 Member
    https://youtu.be/a8G-YFcPXYQ?si=sNe35zi0VprrmZuU
    Fantayzia shows more of the absolutely gorgeous world with the new expansion pack, I had not seen this part but with the water lotus, that can be found in around Thailand, and can be seen at the Red Lotus Floating Market.
    time stamp :10:20
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited December 2023

I'd missed this. Does that mean we'll now have to clean all our pools in all worlds?

If you are using the Maintenance Troubles lot challenge, or live in a Residential Rental, then pool algae is one of the events/situations to fix.

It's usually an OK one to fix though, because you do so by swimming, which is fun... Unless your sim dislikes Fitness/has a Fear of Water, in which case I'd choose the pricy chemical cleaner.

I guess you wouldn't want to use the swimming option in winter either :p
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

If you are using the Maintenance Troubles lot challenge, or live in a Residential Rental, then pool algae is one of the events/situations to fix.

It's usually an OK one to fix though, because you do so by swimming, which is fun... Unless your sim dislikes Fitness/has a Fear of Water, in which case I'd choose the pricy chemical cleaner.

Swimming in an algae infested pool, how fun! :lol:
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 509 Member

Thanks for the info - that sounds fun! I’m actually looking forward to my sims having these maintenance troubles. Not all my households, as that would probably just get tedious very quickly, but definitely a few of them.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Hoping there is some hidden calculations deciding what unit will course more trouble, instead of only being set by our settings/lot challenges. Landlord's neglect or tenant's personality (active sims might keep a better standard than a lazy sim, lot traits might affect, too) should play a difference, as should of course the unit's individual rating. I read that we can reduce unit problems by checking it in the game settings, but I hope we could see just a little of it, or a lot of it but only in 1 or 2 units. I don't really see my sims letting out units on different lots traveling around the world to fix stuff. Maintenance will of course be easier if the rentable units are on landlord's home lot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Did you know:

There seems to be quite a bit of lag in build mode when you set the lot type to "residential rental". This will make for a frustrating experience when trying to build anything from scratch on that lot type.

So....

Lilsimsie building tip: When building a multi-dwelling, set the lot type to regular "residential". Then once you've finished building, change it to "residential rental" so you can then designate your apartment zones, shared areas, etc.

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member

Ooooo! That's a great upgrade for the robo-vacuums. It will save your sims from spending all their time running around cleaning mold. Or maybe it will only clean the not-so-deadly mold, while the deadly mold might have to be cleaned by a sim with the mold bomb?

Either way, two thumbs up for adding that functionality, devs!

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    There is apparently a Wayne ‘The Boulder’ sim 💀🤣
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member

oooo algae seems cool, is the cleaner a real option or were you making a joke? sorry i can’t tell sometimes in text :D
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    Why must we wait untill 1:00pm ?? must play, must play now , please let me play
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    Coconut27 wrote: »

oooo algae seems cool, is the cleaner a real option or were you making a joke? sorry i can’t tell sometimes in text :D

It's the pricy but fast option that all emergency/maintenance related problems have. One takes time, one takes cash.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Was playing around a bit to see what items sims will use in shared spaces. They definitely use the game table (had some sims playing simbles) along with the vending machines as well.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    If you repair some of the items in your unit before the property owner does, they will give you compensation for helping to address the issue.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member

wondering if anyone has tried redoing the balconies in Eco Living? Or even rebuilding the apartments? I can only play on my laptop for now and haven't installed any packs as yet on it. Waiting "oh so patiently" for my pc to come home to me. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Did you know the rewards like the toy stuffed tiger,tiger poster,the new floats etc are in buy debug?
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    edited December 2023
    It would appear that if your sim has the Generous trait Vlad (at least) won't feed off you when he breaks in. My sim has this trait and Vlad just came and after mesmerizing her he just stared at her for a bit, chatted for a bit then left. She then went to her computer, still under his spell, and started playing Sims Forever. Crazy lol.

ETA: At least that's my theory why Vlad didn't drink from her...