Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

December 1st - For Rent Developer Deep Dive Livestream

Comments

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Is there actually a new world? I came to it late and it looked as if they were using Newcrest to display items and play.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I fell asleep so I have to ask: are the lots built by Simmers? They looked so EA ...
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    That was a really tiny botanical garden.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,858 Member
    edited December 2023
    Simburian wrote: »
    Is there actually a new world? I came to it late and it looked as if they were using Newcrest to display items and play.

They only used the 50x40 lot in Newcrest to display all of the new BB items all at once. There is a brand new Southeast Asian inspired world coming with the pack.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I fell asleep so I have to ask: are the lots built by Simmers? They looked so EA ...

According to Lilsimsie, all the lots were built by EA. She thinks it's probably because of the apartment system not being ready in time to hire Simmers.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    telemwill wrote: »

According to Lilsimsie, all the lots were built by EA. She thinks it's probably because of the apartment system not being ready in time to hire Simmers.

Thanks, but that's bad news ... What a missed opportunity to hire fabulous Asian builders.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Well, one thing that made me laugh in today's video is when someone said they wanted to give us many options to build... while presenting the second smallest world ever introduced in an EP. I still don't understand why it's only nine lots, but at least it's beautiful. Based on what I saw in the trailers, I didn't think I was going to like the world very much, but I've changed my mind. I'm especially looking forward to the various islands you can swim to or, if you have Island Living, travel to by boat. Before, I never had much use for those boats other than riding around for fun.

The thing that excites me the most outside the new pack is that they finally fixed the disappearing stair-rail bug. I hope this will be included in next week's patch.

Nice info. Thanks!
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    I had to go halfway through- just curious if anyone was watching on twitch where they raided the stream to?
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    they didn't show any beach or water interaction?
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I'm loving the b/b!!! I can see myself using all of this. And i know it sounds bad but I'm screaming for the dirty walls😂😂
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

There is a lot in the southern neighborhood where you can go swimming. It's the empty lot on the left/west side of the map. From there you can swim to a cove that has a cave with lore about Tomarang. I missed little bits and pieces so there may be more than just that one swimmable area.
  • Options
    All the foods look so amazing 🥺🥺🥺🥺🥺
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Really excited about the new kitchen appliances. I know my sims will be using them a lot.

Also that they are providing an option to switch households without going into Manage Households.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

There is a lot in the southern neighborhood where you can go swimming. It's the empty lot on the left/west side of the map. From there you can swim to a cove that has a cave with lore about Tomarang. I missed little bits and pieces so there may be more than just that one swimmable area.

There is another swimmable location as well the one we saw in the trailer with the boats in the water.
  • Options
    I love the temple! Omg. And the shell houses in the city area are not as modern as I feared. They look pretty good actually. It will fit into my plans. Gosh I can't wait to get my hands on this world 😍
  • Options
    HopeyStarr wrote: »
    Really excited about the new kitchen appliances. I know my sims will be using them a lot.

Also that they are providing an option to switch households without going into Manage Households.

This is dream even with a leading screen because I love to switch households when my story requires it. Going into managed worlds never bothered me but now this will make it seamless.
  • Options
    Wow I really love the night market!! I'm glad they added it. My Sims will be going here often😍
  • Options

There is another swimmable location as well the one we saw in the trailer with the boats in the water.

Thank you for clarifying that. I thought there was another but I was just distracted enough that I wasn't positive about the second one.🙂
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Thats a lot of swimming area!! 🤯
    And I love the break in feature😂
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    This is dream even with a leading screen because I love to switch households when my story requires it. Going into managed worlds never bothered me but now this will make it seamless.

Yes, I gasped when I first heard it. I mean, I've been using MCCC to switch households before, which required a bit of clicking through menus.
    It's nice to have a mod-less option.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited December 2023
    I wish there was way to cheat specific secret on specific sim so it would feel bit more like its that sims special secret

you know like in sims psp strangetown game where you had to look for secrets on premade sims

would also be cool if it stayed on sim when you put them on gallery so i could choose and attach one for my simself :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    luciusstormluciusstorm Posts: 1,642 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I wish there was way to cheat specific secret on specific sim so it would feel bit more like its that sims special secret

you know like in sims psp strangetown game where you had to look for secrets on premade sims

would also be cool if it stayed on sim when you put them on gallery so i could choose and attach one for my simself :lol:

Agreed. As a rotational player, simlit writer and all-around control freak, being able to assign the secrets that I want to certain specific sims, rather than having them randomly generated is almost an essential feature for me. Worst case, I hope someone comes up with a mod for doing it.
    Fate is a riddle and we choose our own answer. Wyrd Girls
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Yay, the no shoes thing is going to be in the base game. It makes sense, I don't know anyone who wears shoes in their own home.

And yes, boiling water in the microwave is weird!

I must confess as a kid I always hated shoes. In fact, I would wear those cozy, fluffy type socks most of the time, unless I had to go out. Now, I don't have the luxury to be without shoes. I even have to wear orthotics in my slippers! Fallen arches (Planter Fasciitis) for which I've had surgery and yet I'm doomed to shoes. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Dianesims wrote: »
    The furniture is nice, but I wish they added pastel swatches as well as wood colors. It’s like we always get one or the other, but not both.

We have a pastel pack already.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    I'm having mixed thoughts about the 100 unit limit per save. Part of me says it's not enough. That said I'm happy we have 100 more units than we had before.

I would never want to live in a complex that large.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top