Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you play City Living now?

Comments

• Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Yes it’s my favourite expansion pack I always take my sims to the festivals, currently have households living in that world and I’m not fussed about building my own flats and like the system in city living.
  • Options
    mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Though I'm not actively playing a household in San Myshuno at the moment, I still enjoy taking my sims to the spice festival and flea market, and taking the occasional ride on the space ship, lol. I'm currently working on a modern townhouse build which I might place in the large park in Myshuno Meadows. I mostly took my sims there to use the observatory and make use of the utilities in the empty house, and not much else. Another idea I had is to build a 'village', a cluster of small homes in the same lot, but for this I'll wait to get the pack for the new builds items.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I occasionally play in San mychuno. My sims mostly visit the city for the festivals. The new pack won't change this either way. Perhaps I will add a residential rental to one of the penthouse lots or replace a karaoke bar with an apartment building so I can play with the new apartment system in the city.

Residential rentals won't work for the penthouses.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,648 Member
    I occasionally play in San mychuno. My sims mostly visit the city for the festivals. The new pack won't change this either way. Perhaps I will add a residential rental to one of the penthouse lots or replace a karaoke bar with an apartment building so I can play with the new apartment system in the city.

beyond heartbroken about this, but every regular residential lot I have there is some sort of multifunctional family living so it will still make sense for those lots
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    Although there are a lot of things that always annoyed me about city living, it's still the closest thing we have to a crowded urban style city I always wanted so city living is not going anywhere.
    I really hope we get a better version of San Myshuno one day. Another world with a similar urban city feel. Even better with cars included. Oh and also I use everything the pack came with.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »
    San Myshuno and City Living is one of my favorite worlds and ep. I have already made muli-family lots there, so I actually can't wait to have it work out with official gameplay. I am excited for the new world and ne ep as it looks beautiful. It's giving Sulani meets San Myshuno, and Sulani is my absolute favorite world, so I really an excited.

I am from the city, so I can relate to urban context more than the other worlds. Apartments, and townhouses is what I know, and can build the best. Like he blue suburban is not my cup of tea - at all. What I like about this game and all the different worlds, is that I get to experience different types of living and lifestyles. I have even come to love and appreciate house styles I once previously loathed, as I experience in a new light, and I never would have before. And I can say they same about some of the activities in a lot of pack I have deemed myself opposed of in real life. Skiing , camping, overwater bungalows, -- I would never be that type of person, but the game has be seeing myself in virtual, and entirely different person, where I want to experience these things, I possibly would never do, or like to do in real life.

I really relate to all of this. I come from an island and moved to an urban city. Tropical places like Sulani and urban cities are my favorite. I also enjoy doing things I'd never do in real life most in this game. My sim stays in the clubs and mountain climbing.😂 it's fun experiencing so many different things we wouldn't actually want to do.
    Also agree that having the variety of worlds is awesome. I use to hate deserts since it's the antithesis of tropical islands,yet now I love the desert worlds.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    edited November 2023
    Although there are a lot of things that always annoyed me about city living, it's still the closest thing we have to a crowded urban style city I always wanted so city living is not going anywhere.
    I really hope we get a better version of San Myshuno one day. Another world with a similar urban city feel. Even better with cars included. Oh and also I use everything the pack came with.

I would love another actual city world that's built up like San Myshuno but has a bit more of the "realistic" world decoration style that they used for worlds like Del Sol, Strangerville, etc. Earlier worlds like San Myshuno and Windenburg are just a bit too tidy, empty and pretty for my liking.

San Myshuno is one of my fave worlds, especially for how busy and 'alive' the neighborhoods feel compared to other later worlds. So to answer the OP question in the thread, yes I will still play there. Being able to add my own extra apartments on some of the lots will make the city even better, if anything.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,446 Member

I know. I posted this yesterday just a few hours before the team shared the bad news. :(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,685 Member
    edited November 2023
    I don't play City Living, as such. I do use some of the items and skills it provided to be sure. But the one time I tried to have one of my Sims live in an apartment there, it was really tough to find one unoccupied. Also, I lost interest playing that Sim almost right away. I will possibly build an apartment building or such, but I may have to wait until later. I've been having such a difficult time with my little laptop, lately. It likes to freeze frequently, and if it's a matter of space adding yet another pack might kill it entirely. Of course, this morning before I really got started on anything I did move many of my Sims Screenshot folders (I edit my pictures in Paint and save them in folders from my Pictures files) to an external hard drive. Computer is being slightly more cooperative after this. We'll see. I'm definitely interested in For Rent.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 673 Member
    I've always been rather fond of City Living apartments for Sims in the Detective or Doctor careers. Starting out in inexpensive apartment's and working up to penthouses with career progress. Since both of these careers run into lots of different Sims it makes it fairly easy to do popularity aspirations and the city aspiration as well.
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,131 Member
    I have all of the major packs, and City Living is actually the one I regret buying the most. I don't like the game mechanics in that world
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 892 Member
    I have all the packs and use every world often, so yes I will still play in San Myshuno. I too love the spice district, it is my favorite part of the city.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,940 Member
    @Mstybl95 I love it! The detailing with the businesses surrounding the apartments. Even in that one screenshot it feels real and has some serious NYC vibes!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @DaniRose2143 Thanks! It's loosely based on the movie In the Heights so, yep, NYC. I love the way it turned out, especially with that bridge in the background and the industrial atmosphere from eco lifestyle.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,190 Member
    Of course. I will still need to live vicariously through my sim who will finally achieve living in a penthouse. Every world has at least one sim living my dreams. :D
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'm just going to say that while I'm a fan of the Spice District, I think my actual favorite neighborhood in San Myshuno is the Arts Quarter. I like having bohemian writers and artists there. I actually send my sims to the museum regularly. One of my clubs is a group of roving artists who meet up to drink and spray paint the murals as a mix of different generations and artistic socialites. I definitely send sims anywhere but I really enjoy the artistic neighborhood with its plaza and various features. I also love the penthouse lot and I have to say that any households I put in the Arts Quarter are always really happy.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    AlanSimsAlanSims Posts: 713 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    Heck yeah, I will. One of my favorite lots I built is in San Myshuno and it's a huge apartment complex. I currently play with 8 sims from different families and I'm really excited to make actual apartments and put more people and families in there!

0VZtUlD.jpg

Wow ! Is it on the gallery ? It's gorgeous.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    @AlanSims - I think I uploaded it a long time ago, but it had CC in it. I have since redone it and it's CC free, but I didn't upload it, yet. I plan to share after I make the apartments with the new EP.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Mstybl95 wrote: »
    @AlanSims - I think I uploaded it a long time ago, but it had CC in it. I have since redone it and it's CC free, but I didn't upload it, yet. I plan to share after I make the apartments with the new EP.

Yay for sharing! I love your build too and will be grabbing it from your gallery when it becomes available. The build style is perfect for that lot.... just enough grunge to give it a true industrial/factory waterfront city feel. Two thumbs up!

My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 883 Member
    I do use City Living, so if I get the Rent pack, it may not be too different, but I would have more housing.
    As for my game, City Living, and all my worlds that can have Sims live there is pretty much all full. I like to rotate my play, and I like to have bigger populations, so City Living won't see that much of an increase, since I have Sims living there.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    Of course I'll still play with City Living! I'm sure the main question is geared towards whether or not simmers will still utilize the City Living apartments, and yes, I still will use them. I'm optimistic that the city living apartments and the new residential rental lots will offer different experiences. I remember living in the uptown neighborhood in a really old save of mine, and the view of San Myshuno from those uptown apartments are just so breathtaking....simply cannot beat them! Anyway, I'll definitely still play with the City Living apartments, world and pack features.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,971 Member
    I will probably use CL now as I barely used because you could not build your own. Now with FR it has that capability and enhances the pack.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    San Myshuno is still the only actual city world we have, so of course Im still using it! Plus, Ive built a few apartment complexes in the city so Im eager to get those raring to go.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Ok well since they don't allow penthouse residential rentals (grr) what does that leave available... the ground-level lots I guess
    Waterside Warble
    Old Salt House
    Planet Honey Pop
    Skye Fitness
    Casbah Gallery
    I think that's all? Myshuno Meadows is locked as a central park