Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent: What Are Your Plans?

Comments

• Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    I have remade all but 1 of the lots in the Foundry Cove neighborhood of Willow Creek to be duplexes. I have added a gym to the 30x40 lot.

I am currently working on an Old Actors Retirement Home, which will have 6 bedrooms and plenty of common areas. I am very excited about throwing all the entertainers onto one lot and then ignoring them. I have decided that I will give them 1 bathroom and it will be a shared space. It should be very exciting for Judith Ward and Brittany Cho. >:)
  • Options
    BeckyI7FanBeckyI7Fan Posts: 123 Member
    All of these ideas are making me wish Dec 7 would come faster
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

Atreya33 wrote: »

Glimmerbrook will finally be able to house a few additional households without having to sacrifice community lots.
    This is a build I did a few years ago for Glimmerbrook. It is 3 shops and a bar on the lot that has the default bar. I think this lot could be easily used for a multi family lot but I am not quite ready to give up this retail lot. But it shows how a lot with several buildings can work in Glimmerbrook..
    KMkuUVt.png

This is very lovely. I did go looking for it on the gallery but did not find it. I would like to try it out. Is this something that you would be willing to share on the gallery?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I've been building & extending on my underground Futuristic Dome Bunker to become a 6 apartment for 8 sims each. Plus a food court cafeteria, medical clinic, spa/gym, market stalls, library, gaming room, festival party room & an underground farm.
    As you my fellow simmers can see, I'm making a complex multifloor basements. Thank goodness for my packs, cause I'm only a vanilla player. Anyways, when I'm done, I'll let my fellow simmers know when I'm finished making it. And maybe I'll save it in the Gallery before I get For Rent Pack. ;)
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Maybe I'll try building something similar to this screenshot from (May?) Grunge Revival Kit :smirk: kinda feels like they were hinting
    grunge-revival-2-1024x576.jpg
    I forgot about that, but I went looking all over San Myshuno and couldn’t find that place😭

I downloaded a townhouse years ago that sort of looked like that, and it does seem like a hint.
  • Options
    CybersbeCybersbe Posts: 108 Member
    Everyone knows Zane as a legitimate businessman renting out an apartment building.

In truth, his business is a front. Little does anyone know, behind the bookcase in his seemingly ordinary office/personal suite is a staircase that leads to a high-tech basement, from which he works on various illegal operations. And also, Zane himself is actually an Alien! His ultimate goal is to establish the people of Sixam as superior to those puny earthlings, and take over the world as its rightful master!

(Short version: I plan to give my landlord Sim a large hi-tech basement suite, to accompany roleplay of him secretly being an evil mastermind, whose business is a cover operation. I think it may also work as a good way to set up conflict with snooping Sims.)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Sounds fun, @Cybersbe :)

I might allow Agnes Crumplebottom to let small affordable units to students. Establishment could be named "Love nest Apts.", with pink street front to attract the romance seeking youngsters, and Agnes could patrol the shared unit hourly with her handbag :) Tenant rule #178: "Not allowed to air kiss yourself in the bathroom wall mirror."

In fact, I never saw Agnes swing her bag, not even once... Might be the rock that she keeps in her handbag being too heavy for her elderly, weaker swing arm.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 poor O'Brien. Lol.

I just finished my more 'normal' and boring student rentals in Willow Creek:
    11-24-23_10-26-29-PM.png?rlkey=4iwk6lij997hczjq3s6ss68yi&dl=0

The apartments are very basic bedrooms with a sitting area and bathroom, then they have shared kitchen, laundry room, study, games area and computer room. They each have a small private balcony.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I'm mostly looking forward to being able to add more households to smaller worlds and make more effective use of large lots.
    I've done some prep work already.
    Del Sol Valley:
    c6dbe371e73adb752eb87cb6b3f1ab78a455243b.jpg

StrangerVille:
    02b3e9b0b3ad9c2fb7b73c53f8831416df3d20d1.jpg

Newcrest:
    076f9a769ff8a1c118ac8a6ed0b7e8fb01737921.png

I've also got plans for Britechester, Willow Creek, Brindleton Bay, Henford on Bagley, Evergreen Harbour and Glimmerbrook. And probably some things in the other worlds as well. Basically almost everywhere :lol:
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Looks great! @MDianaSims

I'll do something similar, mostly duplexes, because I want to know a bit more before creating tons of 6 unit builds :) This pack will indeed allow for increased population in those smaller hoods. There are a few where this will be a very nice change.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    @Goldmoldar Well, it isn't tomorrow yet LOL but I finished my tweaks and uploaded the house. Here's the LINK

I hope you enjoy playing with it. :smiley:

I most definitely will and DL'ed it, thank you again. :)
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited November 2023
    I think I'm going to build a 3-flat on the Old Salt House lot next. Maybe with basement utilities/storage/laundry. And then a 2-flat or something on that 20x15 in downtown Copperdale.

I suddenly find myself challenged to go small...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I'm planning on placing a large waterpark I downloaded from the gallery on that large lot near the water in Tomarang.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    So I finally bit the bullet and bought My Wedding Stories and of course I had to build some town houses in Tartosa right away.

7QHVf4w.png
    Backyards
    4CPJXc3.png

Bottom Floor - All the units are laid out the same. Kitchen, small bathroom, spare room, dinning/living room, and back patio leading to pool.
    HNcbwew.png

Middle Floor - Master bedroom with en suit bathroom and balcony.
    YJ8R7mp.png

Top Floor - Two bedrooms, bathroom, and balcony
    7InG1js.png

Also, seeing the map for Tomarang got me scheming.
    mva9C7F.jpg

In the top neighborhood I'm going to turn the big lot into an apartment building of course, and add in a thrift bubble tea shop and bar or nightclub to give the residents something to do. The park I'll leave for now, but I might turn it into a pool or something later.

The lower neighborhood I'm thinking of turning into a more touristy destination by adding in a rental, spa, and restaurant. I might even just convert the lounge into the restaurant depending on what it looks like. The single house and apartments I'll probably leave alone for now.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @MDianaSims Love that side-by-side shotgun housing!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,093 Member
    Still a working progress: this is Olde Mill Court located on 2 Olde Mill Lane in Henford-On-Bagley. It was built in 1937 and will be under new management in the Summer of 2000 (This is the year my current save is set in)

It consists of nine units, i understand there will be up to six active units but that won't bother me that much (unless there is a cheat)

kCiUy48.png
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2023
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I may actually need to learn how to build. I want to rent out lodging to extended family members in my historical save. But since they live in HoB I don't imagine I'll be able to find 19th century friendly builds any time soon that would fit what I'm looking for. So I'll probably have to build it myself. Yuck.
    sounds really interesting and fun. @BlueR0se
    you might want to look up some historical examples on the internets and youtube.
    I love historical builds and historical gameplay. I heard there were a lot on the gallery for such challenges. I think there are some bloggers on tumblr in this topic.

Amazing build @Atreya33 I love row townhouses and glimmer brook is really perfect for this style.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    edited November 2023
    Everyone talks about trailer homes, but with the cheat for unlimited household, I saw no one mention the projects. Although a failed concept of living, and they stopped making these enormous building complexes, I had previously toyed with the idea of making one in San myshuno years ago. I am sure my laptop will not allow for the unlimited, but my game can sure use it.

I recently pushed all my university students to the Britechester Penthouses. I have some beyond gorgeous prestigious dorm I've been using for years. I found if it's not student housing lot, the game runs faster. The spawning of endless roommates, my laptop can not handle. I have 8 in each now and I play to have them rent their rooms and have communal living quarters for the rest.

As for the Foxbury dorms, there I will be making apartment towers.

After seeing the map, it confirmed what I suspected. To wait for the world to come out to get a feel for the new world and its context. Beyond that I have been building like mad in San Sequoia because I have always felt, there, if based on San Francisco, it should be all townhouses. It's really shaping up to look like how I remember it when I visited, years ago. It will most likely be my favorite place to play, with the new system.
    Post edited by LeucosiaX on
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 Those builds look realy nice. Especially the castle is interesting.

I am still working on the same lot I had started on in Glimmerbrook. I have been starting over and over because I just couldn't get the shape right. But not I finally reached the point where it is all coming together. I did not want to go for row houses/townhouses. I wanted each unit to be on a single floor because that's the lots I prefer to play.
    nk1RiE6.png
    This building will have 4 units and a small community space.

Cheers @Atreya33 !
    I'll be looking out for your Glimmerbrook houses assuming they'll be available on the gallery? I recently downloaded another one of your cosy looking magic lots, thanks for sharing!

I confess, I prefer to build everything myself, because well...I know exactly what I want and building gives me so much joy, but I figured that I just don't have time to build something for every single lot if I also want to have a good time in live mode. So the wonderful gallery itis itis!

Dark Horse Castle will be available on the gallery soon. Possibly after the release of the EP. It stands on one of those whopping 64x64 lots, it will lose its charm if placed on anything smaller - although I didn't build it for the new world with the ehr...teeny wee lot sizes anyway...😏

It being a castle, it has 6 en-suite units and one large shared kitchen, dining room and ballroom. One of the units belongs to the stable / dog boy, and now I'm wondering, what if I don't want him to have access to the main kitchen and the dining room and the ballroom? The landlord and lady that also live there, simply wouldn't allow it, plus Stable Boy prefers to eat with the animals anyway- Note: he's a one of those hairy full moon guys, bless the poor lad.
    I wonder will we be able to toggle access to shared spaces for each tenant/ unit. If not, I suppose the lockable door system works the same way as on any residential lot, at least I hope so...

• Options
    PhilSimsPhilSims Posts: 190 Member
    I'm now thinking of having a youth hostel style apartment, catering to short term rents for backpackers in Tomarang.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    It being a castle, it has 6 en-suite units and one large shared kitchen, dining room and ballroom. One of the units belongs to the stable / dog boy, and now I'm wondering, what if I don't want him to have access to the main kitchen and the dining room and the ballroom? The landlord and lady that also live there, simply wouldn't allow it, plus Stable Boy prefers to eat with the animals anyway- Note: he's a one of those hairy full moon guys, bless the poor lad.
    I wonder will we be able to toggle access to shared spaces for each tenant/ unit. If not, I suppose the lockable door system works the same way as on any residential lot, at least I hope so...

It would be nice if the like/dislikes worked well enough for you to give him an aversion to those spaces by making him dislike the fancier decor . As it is, it might not be enough to make him fully avoid those areas, but could make him feel awkward and uncomfortable when he's there, and happier when he's in the more rustic stables. Particularly if you also make his personality traits incompatible with the lord and lady of the house, and vice versa, so that even if he does wind up there, the interactions will be negative.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »
    I'm now thinking of having a youth hostel style apartment, catering to short term rents for backpackers in Tomarang.

Oh, that's a fun idea!
  • Options
    jennieeffinjennieeffin Posts: 184 Member
    PhilSims wrote: »

I have hostels in a few worlds: Mt. Komorebi, Willow Creek, Britechester, and I have one Hostel and one Boarding house in Windenburg. Right now they are all other types of lots (bars, cafes, or restaurants), but yeah, I think at least one of them is turning into a residential rental. It'll be a fun playthrough to have your traveler sim "stay" at each hostel.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    So my plans changed! The first thing I plan to do after getting this pack (on launch day) is create a new personal base save file. I have a new vision for various worlds with the addition of rental residential lots. It’s going to be a lengthy project, but it will be well worth it in the long run.

This is going to be fun! :)
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·