Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Curse of Curved Walls

Hello all. I suspect the answer is a solid "no" but is there any way to get half walls to work on curved walls?

Just to torture myself I've decided to try some Art Deco style building and I'm looking at ways to finish off the roofs and a half wall would be perfect, but because of the geometric nature of the style then that does means using a number of curved walls (like I said, torture myself, haha) but just can't get a way to make it work.

I've not gone looking for mods/cc yet, though am happy to explore that route.

Cheers!

Comments

• Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    Not that I know of and I haven't come across a mod like that. Maybe I'm wrong :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited November 2023
    Place the round walls, and then click on the half walls you want. There’s an option to place over existing walls when you put the mouse above it, sometimes it appears for fencing. Does it not appear for the curved walls?
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    I believe you need to use the auto wall placement tool instead of manual, similar to how fences work.
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    @SelinaKyles and @filipomel I've tried that but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'll try again though.

I've not tried the fenced decks to see if that might allow the fence to be swapped for a half wall.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    As far as I know half walls do not work with curved walls. You can use a few low-lying fences though. I believe there was one that came with HSY that's sort of art deco inspired.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel