Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What packs (EP's, GP's, SP's AND Kits) Do you want on sale for Black Friday and/or C*yber Monday?

Me? I want to know if the My Wedding Stories Game Pack is REALLY such a "buggy mess" like I've been reading about? It does offer what sounds like a beautiful world and additional game play (As well as some nice looking Build/Buy stuff too!) that I'm kind of interested in...So, I'm hoping that goes on sale!

What else? I'm SORT OF interested in the Dream Home Decorator Game Pack. Not a lot, but if it was at a good sale, I might get it. Maybe.

Definitely interested in the Home Chef Hustle Stuff Pack! Buuuuuuuuuuuuut, considering how new it is, I bet it wont go on sale *Blehs*

Might pick up Cool Kitchen Stuff Pack if it goes on sale though!

I highly doubt Kits will go on sale at all. But I might just have to pick up the Book Nook Kit, the....*Blinks* Woah! I didn't realize how many Kits are out now! And...And I want...*Smacks hand away from all the pretty shinies* No! Not unless something I want goes on sale! MAYBE I'll let myself buy a few kits if that's the case. But not otherwise...

*Blinks, and smacks my hands away from all the pretty new shiny Kits again* I said NO!

*LOL*

Comments

• Options
    FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 848 Member
    I'd probably buy Horse Ranch at 50% off if I could afford it when the sale starts, which is looking rather doubtful LOL.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
  • Options
    Serendipity38Serendipity38 Posts: 1,267 Member
    @FatTribble23 Oh you should definitely get The Horse Ranch EP when you can! It's awesome in my opinion. And I LOVE the world that comes with it!
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,477 Member
    I'd consider getting My Wedding Stories for the world and the CAS, but I've seen people saying that it really ruined weddings. I kind of like the simplistic base game weddings the way they are (not like I have a lot of marriages in my game, maybe three, maximum, since release) and I sometimes use the private marriage option just between the two Sims. Is that still an option after the pack, or does that change too? Is there an easier way to use the wedding arch than having an entire traditional American ceremony? I honestly don't understand why they didn't leave the old options in as an additional choice.

Wish they'd put in something more pagan as well, like a simple hand-fasting.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @LiELF Oh, I love your idea of a pagan Hand-Fasting wedding! *Smiles* That would be so cool and definitely something different!
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member
    I have my eyes on Horse Ranch but I highly doubt it will be -50% and if it's not I'm not sure about getting it right now.
  • Options
    @musteni Only you can decide if a sale price (Or buying something at full price for that matter) is good enough for you to buy, of course. But as I was telling FatTribble23, I personally LOVE the Horse Ranch EP! The horses are simply amazing, they take my breath away! And the world is awesome, beautiful in a rustic, rugged way. There's at least one riding trails area too, near the large, empty ranch lot (64x64 I believe). There might be other riding trail areas there too, I've only scratched the surface of exploring the world thus far myself. And the build/buy is SOOO perfect for that sort of American Western/South Western type of feel, I think.
  • Options
    @Serendipity38 Oh don't get me wrong Horse Ranch is actually my dream pack (I've wanted horses since the start of the game), but I'm holding onto buying any content because I'm annoyed they haven't fixed a milestones bug that came with Growing Together. But if Horse Ranch actually was -50% off then I wouldn't be able to resist it no matter what other reasons.
  • Options
    @musteni What is the milestone bug that you're talking about? And well, when you DO get Horse Ranch, I just know you're going to love it in that case!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,018 Member
    Personally none this year

as I'm even more broke than usual
    and I'd be so upsetti about missing out on sales i been waiting ages for :lol:

I mean if stuff packs go 50% off or more now of all the possible times just consider me turning in my coffin like tiny ball of silicon dioxide

other than that I am relatively safe
    I don't think Horse Ranch or the new ep are going to make it on sales list this year

and kits don't seem to get on sale either

and batuu is well, batuu so I'm still thinking i should at least watch star wars before i add it to my game :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    @Simmingal Oh man! I'm so sorry that you cant afford anything if stuff goes on sale! *Frowns sympathetically*

But on the topic of Batuu? Yeah...I've seen all the Star Wars movies and I'm STILL never going to get Batuu...*LOL* Personal choice. I view it as the Sims 4 version of the "Katy Perry" pack thing for Sims 3....*Twitch*
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,143 Member
    The only two non kit packs I don't have are My Wedding Stories and High School Years. I've been waiting for HSY to go to 50% off since it came out as I only want it for B&B and the world, so if it finally goes on sale for that I'll pick it up. Same for MWS.
  • Options
    @RememberJoy Oh you're going to love the Build/Buy for High School Years, it's all great stuff in my opinion!
  • Options
    @musteni What is the milestone bug that you're talking about? And well, when you DO get Horse Ranch, I just know you're going to love it in that case!

Yeah I think I will love it once I get it! There's a bug that causes gained milestones to reset for other played families (in rotational play). It's very annoying, especially for infants since they lose their progress and can't re-learn things.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-GRO-Milestones-reset-for-uncontrolled-sim-who-is-visited/m-p/12613564#M250912
  • Options
    @musteni Oh wow, yeah that sounds like a NASTY bug! I haven't done rotational play yet myself, but I'm sure at some point I'll want to, and I'll NOT want that bug to still be around when I do!
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    Horse Ranch. No chance I buy it at full price but the plan's been to get it on sale for a while now.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    @greydonn Well I hope that it IS on sale come Friday and/or Monday. For you and for all the others waiting to buy it!
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 39 Member
    I've been looking at Discovery University for some gameplay changes (and a little more fitting CAS), but High School Years for its BnB seem to be good too.
  • Options
    @wildflower42 I've not really played that much with the University game play itself. But I can tell you that both Discover University and High School Years have some really great BnB, yes!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,459 Member
    I'm hoping for horse ranch stuff. But it depends how much it is off. I plan to wait until it is 50% off, that would be 20€. I might consider at 25€ but not more than that. It looks like a great pack but I am not that much into horses to pay full price, especially in a year with two other EP. I expect I have to wait for a sale next year until horse ranch reaches the price I can give to it.

I also don't have HSY but don't plan on getting that.
  • Options
    @Atreya33 So you're hoping Horse Ranch EP goes on sale too! Again, I really hope it does for you and everyone else that's waiting for it to do that before getting it. When you DO get it, I think you might be pleasantly surprised by how much fun playing with the horses and all, is!
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 742 Member
    The Playstation sale has started already. The older EPs are 60% off. Some of the older stuff packs and game packs were on sale earlier, but just the EPs are on sale, now.

• Options
    @Katofhyrule12 Thank you for letting us know here that the Playstation sale has already started!
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

I also don't have HSY but don't plan on getting that.

I had HSY for PC, but I don't think I will repurchase it for PS5. The whole crush thing is so annoying! The preferences settings do not seem to fully apply to crushes no matter how hard I work at playing with the settings.

• Options
    @Katofhyrule12 Thank you for letting us know here that the Playstation sale has already started!

Here is a link
    https://store.playstation.com/en-us/search/sims
  • Options
    Satch on Sims has been posting reviews this year about the different packs. One of the most helpful features of his reviews are the part about cross-pack play. The videos all have a table of contents, so you can skip right that part. He has a reputation for just being all-over negative, but he actually gives some 10/10 reviews for certain parts of certain packs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwJ1osJqreM&list=PLY85qCBxG6sM3mTimihvYh_0ieIK0h-j9&index=27