Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see that most likely will not happen

As the title says what is something that you would love to see in game that you feel will probably not happen. For me it’s snow depth i love the seasons EP and i feel like they did a lot right with the pack but the snow not accumulating still bothers me

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,966 Member
    edited November 2023
    refresh to all EP, GP and even SP

I know it will never happen cause money
    but gal can dream 🥲

also randomized townie toggles and npc management but I'm not willing to admit there is a chance they will not happen cause its so big need

as for future packs
    Dragons. big house burning rideable dragons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    An expansion with a more fantastic theme. (Game packs don't count.)
    Cars.
    Not all sims acting the same regardless of assigned personality.
    Sims not automatically doing things they dislike and then whine about it.
    Pooltables.
    Drums.
    Slides for pools.
    Elevators.

You know, all things that where included in every single previous sims game.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 440 Member
    I want them to change all the vacation worlds to normal residential worlds since they've made it so that any lot can be a rental anyway. But, it'll probably never happen. :'(

And circular stairs. I think if they intended to ever give us circular stairs, they would have put them in For Rent. So, that's probably not happening either.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    edited November 2023
    As an autistic person, I kind of want to see all types of disabilities, both physical and mental, be represented. However, I don't think that's going to happen because I'm worried about how the team would execute these disabilities in-game, especially if they haven't done the research. 🫠
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    I think that the team does a pretty good job of trying to add everything that people want, eventually. I have mental illness disabilities @MarteziaKing I actually was approved for disability within three weeks of applying, apparently unheard of, because they are so severe, so I understand that sentiment. However there is a lot of stigma and misinformation about my disabilities, so I would be very worried as well that the portrayal would be completely unrealistic and offensive. Honestly with how much misinformation there is about mental illness, unless they had a team of credible psychiatrists on board, I would not want it added. I think that the research for any disability would need to be carefully and ....I cannot think of the word. Something that means completely in depth. Maybe I'll just say that. Carefully done and completely in depth. And not taken from the news or from movies or tv shows.

Anyway I dunno, good job team on how hard you work to add the things that players want.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
  • Options
    fujicakes1 wrote: »
    I think that the team does a pretty good job of trying to add everything that people want, eventually. I have mental illness disabilities @MarteziaKing I actually was approved for disability within three weeks of applying, apparently unheard of, because they are so severe, so I understand that sentiment. However there is a lot of stigma and misinformation about my disabilities, so I would be very worried as well that the portrayal would be completely unrealistic and offensive. Honestly with how much misinformation there is about mental illness, unless they had a team of credible psychiatrists on board, I would not want it added. I think that the research for any disability would need to be carefully and ....I cannot think of the word. Something that means completely in depth. Maybe I'll just say that. Carefully done and completely in depth. And not taken from the news or from movies or tv shows.

Anyway I dunno, good job team on how hard you work to add the things that players want.

I totally agree with you. 👍
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,435 Member
    I find this a difficult question. At the beginning of this year I considered free babies and building apartments as things that are unlikely to happen

I would like :
    - occults updated for children. Spellcasters children can wave a wand with some child friendly spells. Mermaids toddlers and children have a fish tail. A mermaid without a tail is not a mermaid
    - realm of magic lot traits:
    1. magical leyline, like the dark layline for vampires but then with a chance of a magical baby
    2. A magical lot trait so visiting spellcaster npc behave like spellcasters. I want a magical lot that can have daylight
    - hotels we can build and enter
    - allow residential lots in granite falls and selva dorada
    - allow us to live on sixam or give a new alien planet to build on
    - unlock occult cas assets for all sims. We have base game blue and green skintones for regular sims but the purple mermaid skintones are off limits : why? And pointy ears for all! Of course best to disable these for random for the hard core realism fans out there.
    - unnatural haircolours for all ages. Blue skinned infants, toddlers and children deserve blue hair
    - small dragons as pets
    - updated plantsims
  • Options
    CaerfinonCaerfinon Posts: 644 Member
    A motorcycle with a sidecar that my pet dog Jac can ride in.... This has been a search for over 12 years across 3 different games. But still hope endures.

Bj1yIIZ.jpg
    Cheers
    C.
    Traits: 🐶Dog Lover, 🎨Creative, 😑Loner
    Social Media: 🐘@caerfinon@mastodon.social | My Stories: 🤷🏻🐕 Simmer Tales a comic look at Sims 4 | 🌐A Sim's Life - Comic observations
    My CC: 🎨 Jac related CAS and Build CC | 🖼️ Film Noir Wall Decorations | 👩🎨Pauline King Art
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 440 Member
    Speaking of pets... controllable pets.
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Snow depth
    An age between toddlers and kids
    Controllable pets
    Being able to sit and hold toddlers and kids on lap
    Strollers
    Baby carrier for toddlers
    Toddler cribs
    Vacation worlds turned residential
    A creepy swamp/cave world
    Revamped ghosts to feel scarier and more ghosty
    Piggy back rides for all ages
    Being able to carry kids (mod I used for it for years broke with infant update and was so far unable to be fixed by the modder because it would require a script now. I miss it 🥺🥺🥺)

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 438 Member
    edited November 2023
    Probably an unpopular wish, but I want a system wherein all CAS assets other than the ones you chose when initially creating your Sim are locked until your Sim (or household, perhaps) purchases them with household funds, preferably at a brick-and-mortar store.
  • Options
    RapidRabidRabbitRapidRabidRabbit Posts: 134 Member
    edited November 2023
    Totally agreed with the snow depth!! Sometimes I find myself going back to Sims 3 just for those atmospheric seasonal changes because seeing the snow accumulate really does add to the whole experience. Where I’m from we get feet of snow, so it’s so weird to see a tiny little layer in game, and it honestly takes me out a little. Winter was just so immersive in past games and I wish the snow in Sims 4 could’ve been like that too.

Other than that, I’d love a life stage between teens and children. It’s just so jarring to see the children age up and suddenly go from 10 to 30.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,459 Member
    Something I want really, REALLY bad, but I don't think will ever be implemented, is a way to turn off the phones completely. This includes the apps, texts, calls, browsing, game-playing, the new walk, and just general face-in-the-screen animations. I hate them and just want my Sims to be able to actually turn off their phones, but they are so integrated with the UI that I don't think it will ever happen. It makes playing off-the-grid kind of obsolete.

On that note, I don't think we'll ever get land line phones either, which I'd love to put in as a replacement for the smart phones. I want to make these Sims talk to each other! Lol.

I also doubt we'll ever get an apocalyptic theme, and I also have my doubts about getting some type of actual crime and police, which leaves out my wish for real superheroes and villains. Which is a shame, since we have these "dead end" features like Kleptomaniac and Good/Evil traits, Villain studies, playable police, and upcoming breaking and entering in apartments. (I put these two themes together because lack of law and order usually leads to anarchy and crime spikes, thus a type of dystopian/apocalyptic society. But Sims 4 continues to be "optimistic" so I guess we just pretend that everyone laughs it off? Geh. Boring and also just...weird. What's the point of mischief and bad behavior if there's no punishment risk? It ceases to become "bad".

So I guess I also don't think we'll be getting actual consequential results like the previous games had. :(
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    MomsBusyMomsBusy Posts: 74 Member
    A second seasons EP with a focus on seasonal foods and activities rather than weather and holidays. A Festival lot that changes with the seasons.

A create a world tool

World packs where basically you get a world and bb/cas related to that world.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,435 Member
    Probably an unpopular wish, but I want a system wherein all CAS assets other than the ones you chose when initially creating your Sim are locked until your Sim (or household, perhaps) purchases them with household funds, preferably at a brick-and-mortar store.

That's basically what the sims 2 did. Every household had a wardrobe inventory with the clothes initially chosen in CAS. Sims had to buy clothes at the clothing store (base game feature) to get more outfits. I would also like to see this return in the sims 4.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Another thing that I want, but most likely won't happen, is more hairstyles specifically made for children and toddlers only. For the last few years, I noticed that all of the newer children/toddler hairstyles are straight conversions of the teen/adult/elder ones. That seems kind of lazy to me, but I guess to the team, it saves them money when they're creating new packs so they won't go over the budget, but still. 🫠
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    Personally I only ever play with adults and ageing off so never pay attention to any of the family stuff and other life stages.

I do agree about the limited wardrobe, let clothing stores actually mean something again. Even in sims 1 you could buy clothes.
    Would be more something for Sims 5 though since I don't see them changing Sims 4 that much.

I think clothing should come in three price brackets too: Expensive, regular, cheap.
    Snobbish and materialistic sims would strongly favour expensive clothes and could feel miserable in cheap clothes, while a frugal sim could dislike expensive clothing. Would be different prices when purchasing stuff from it too, so you'd really have to save up money for that fancy suit or dress and it would not cost the same as some torn pants with a stained shirt.

Even better if they maybe also add styles to clothing and there being overlap. Like a top hat could give both +formal and +goth.
    How other sims see the outfit would determine on the highest style category of the total outfit.
    It would allow for sims to also have a preferred clothing style or a disliked style.
    The dislike could only apply to the total, like they could still wear stuff from that style, as long as the total outfit does not have that as the highest style ranking.

Also, I think it's high time they layer outfits properly.

Like underwear should actually be under clothing, able to pick what they wear. And jackets could be optional. Like they could put on just a coat when going outdoors instead of switching to a completely different cold weather outfit.
    Would make coat racks actually have a function.

To prevent random NPC's from wearing weird stuff, they could just wear pregenerated combinations, that could also be picked by players in CAS but they can modify it as well.

Can also lock combinations in, save them so you can apply that specific combination to other sims too.
  • Options
    BearyBryBearyBry Posts: 88 Member
    Regional Simlish accents, so in Henford-on-Bagley, for example, you could get English/Scottish/Welsh/Irish accents for the Sims there and not the American accent that's everywhere (mostly so I can swoon over an Irish brogue speaking gibberish to me, haha).
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited November 2023
    Ability to fully edit worlds!
    • Delete fake buildings and have the ability to actually build on those lots
    • Move or remove trees or decor that's blocking the view, is an eyesore, or doesn't fit the world theme you're going for

Fully 100% open neighborhoods!
    • No more hitting a loading screen to enter the building right next door to your sim's home

World townie spawning control!
    • Let us decide who can spawn in the worlds and venues, seeing the exact same people in every single world, venue has gotten beyond old

Swimmable waters in every world
    • Why tease players with beaches that we can't even interact with?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Something else popped up in my head - Kits with new hairstyles. Like seriously, we get all of these CAS kits, but none of them have new hairstyles included? Hopefully that'll change in the future, but I don't see it happening any time soon. 😒
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
  • Options
    ST4RSPDRST4RSPDR Posts: 1 New Member
    Living in vans/ cars
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    Vanilla pet beds that don't look atrocious, unless of course we get a my first pet care kit which would be deeply hilarious and sad
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,023 Member
    Ability to fully edit worlds!
    • Delete fake buildings and have the ability to actually build on those lots
    • Move or remove trees or decor that's blocking the view, is an eyesore, or doesn't fit the world theme you're going for
    I would die to somehow have the option to take Snowy Escape's mountain, or just assets from them, and put them in another world. I want my sims to snowboard and ski, but I don't want them to fly all the way to Japan to do so.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    Mostly I just want to see features from past sims games returned that somehow still have not been added back yet, many even where in previous base games.

Sequels are supposed to improve on the series after all. It's why it's especially ridiculous that we only get three traits on sims in sims 4 and that these traits do far less than they do in sims 3.
    Sims will just ignore it, like vegetarians keep eating meat on their own.

They all just seem to have this same shallow punchable hipster personality.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    -Snow depth, of course. (the fact that even Snowy Escape - a pack that literally had snow in its title - couldn't give us snow depth is...quite something. That's putting it very nicely.)
    -For trees to flower in the Spring and then turn into leaves going into the Summer (and also fix those trees that are eternally in bloom, that's so awkward).
    -Unicorns.
    -Make each 'segment' of each world fully open.
    -Greatly expand the worlds by making at least a lot of the decor buildings into actual lots.
    -Give us worlds like in The Sims 2 and 3 where we have the freedom to place lots where we want.
    OO2UdmJ.png