Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playstation 5: How many packs without lag?

How many packs can you add without adding lag?

I bought the following today, but I have not tried the game with them all added, yet. Hopefully everything will be fine.

Outdoor Retreat
My Wedding Stories
Tiny Living
Cool Kitchen Stuff
Chef Hustle
Nifty Knitting

How much more can I add before I ruin everything?

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I own everything and I have a PS5. I only run into lag when my Sim takes a photo or I go into build/buy mode, but there's an easy "on the fly" fix for that. I click on the three dots on the top right corner to bring up the options popup and the lag usually goes away.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    Thanks! Especially for the tip to make the lag go away!

Do you think that Rent will be too much to add? Are you planning on buying it?
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Thanks! Especially for the tip to make the lag go away!

Do you think that Rent will be too much to add? Are you planning on buying it?

At some point I will. I buy everything, but I was underwhelmed by the trailer. Maybe if I find something I like about the new pack I'll buy it on release day regardless of price.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    My Playstation came with Call of Duty for free. COD seems to have HUGE updates. Do I need to uninstall COD to have enough room for all the packs?
  • Options
    animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    @Katofhyrule12 I recommend investing in an external hard drive for extra storage.
  • Options
    animevamp wrote: »
    @Katofhyrule12 I recommend investing in an external hard drive for extra storage.

I did not know that you could connect an external harddrive to a PS5. Thanks for the tip! Until this past year, I had not gamed since the early 2000's with Sims 1 on Win XP and Sims Castaway on PS2. Everything is different now.
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    I own everything and I have a PS5. I only run into lag when my Sim takes a photo or I go into build/buy mode, but there's an easy "on the fly" fix for that. I click on the three dots on the top right corner to bring up the options popup and the lag usually goes away.

How does your game handle festivals and the Finchwick Fair?
  • Options
    I will have to pay attention to where the lag is worst. I have not noticed any trends in live mode. On PC, Mt Komorebi was more laggy than other worlds, but I have not noticed that same trend on PS5. I will pay special attention to comparing the festivals and fairs with other places.

Build/Buy lags so badly that I have to restart the game sometimes. The lag lasts even after I close Build/Buy.

I am wondering if some of the lag is because of the mouse. When I used a bluetooth mouse, I had more lag than with a wired mouse. When I first started using the wired mouse, I had fewer packs. Is there any difference in lag with different wired mice?
  • Options
    TheFlyingGentlemanTheFlyingGentleman Posts: 116 Member
    I've only used a wired mouse so I'm not sure
  • Options
    I restarted the TV and that reduced the lag a LOT. I had been restarting the PS5 and the game, but not the TV.