Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    Considering my personal experiences with renting an apartment, I was triggered by the trailer. If there's ten people max on the lot, I hope nine of them aren't sharing the same unit above my Sim.

I also have concerns about the klepto NPCs. There still isn't a fix for the ones that barge into your unit in San Myshuno...
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,441 Member
    garapoes wrote: »
    Such a pet peeve that they made such a huge mailbox when not all the mailboxes are usable. It doesnt make any sense, just make a smaller one..

I the trailer you can see a smaller freestanding mailbox with 3 boxes together. It is shown at the end with the different styles of apartments. A smaller wall mounted version would be useful as well but I didn't see that in the trailer.

• Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    I really hope cringe sims can do even more cringe things than just dabbing. There are so many more ways to be cringe and to only have them be cringe in one way would be extremely... cringe
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,535 Member
    I really hope cringe sims can do even more cringe things than just dabbing. There are so many more ways to be cringe and to only have them be cringe in one way would be extremely... cringe

Apparently my introversion and ignoring a lot of media has been strong lately.
    Dabbing seems to be a 7-8 year meme that I was never aware of until now. :D
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,962 Member
    CK213 wrote: »
    Apparently my introversion and ignoring a lot of media has been strong lately.
    Dabbing seems to be a 7-8 year meme that I was never aware of until now. :D

LOL same, and I am not an introvert or been ignoring media, at that time, at least :smiley:

negative: still the same, the world was not a city :(
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    The new trailer looks nice but its a new low to use content from other DLC in the trailer.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited November 2023
    This isn’t really a negative (yet, lol), but more of a concern. I really hope that we can use pre-existing townhomes that other players have built & don’t have to start over with the new tool. There are some really nice ones on the gallery & I may have already gotten excited & decorated one, lol. (That’d be totally my fault for assuming, though. :D)
    The new trailer looks nice but its a new low to use content from other DLC in the trailer.

Yeah, I was surprised to see them do that. I’d hate to be someone who doesn’t own one of the packs & think that I was getting something in this one that I wasn’t.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    SimDork23 wrote: »
    This isn’t really a negative (yet, lol), but more of a concern. I really hope that we can use pre-existing townhomes that other players have built & don’t have to start over with the new tool. There are some really nice ones on the gallery & I may have already gotten excited & decorated one, lol. (That’d be totally my fault for assuming, though. :D)

Yeah, I was surprised to see them do that. I’d hate to be someone who doesn’t own one of the packs & think that I was getting something in this one that I wasn’t.

If it's a lot traits I imagine we can
  • Options

If it's a lot traits I imagine we can

Good point! I hope you’re right!

• Options
    mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 172 Member

Interesting, I didn't notice the content from another DLC in the trailer. What is it? :blush:
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I will have to turn this Mirage Garden 8-plex of Simply Nisey YT into a 6-plex, if For Rent stops at 6 units. I wanted to fit a 3 bedroom unit into this apartment anyway. I just changed the roof color to match the surrounding area but I haven't started remodeling it yet.

I have been redesigning and renovating the L.A. 4-plex apartment next to it, and I don’t know who originally created it because several people have uploaded their versions of this build to the gallery. I really like having rundown apartments in Del Sol Valley.

I hope sims can use a shared washroom.

I downloaded a high rise from somebody and I’m pretty sure that build has more than 6 units. If I end up keeping them, I will have to redesign them to fit 6 units, or maybe when the new pack comes out I’ll find something else I’ll like.

11-05-23-7-03-19-PM.png
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Interesting, I didn't notice the content from another DLC in the trailer. What is it? :blush:

Honestly, I only noticed the doors from Growing Together, lol. :D It says that they also used items from Get Famous & Discover University, but I didn’t notice which ones.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 513 Member

Honestly, I only noticed the doors from Growing Together, lol. :D It says that they also used items from Get Famous & Discover University, but I didn’t notice which ones.

The featured lots were shown in San Seqouia, Britechester and Del Sol Valley (as well as Tomarang and Oasis Springs). So while I don’t know what items from those packs were used, the worlds certainly were.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,397 Member

The featured lots were shown in San Seqouia, Britechester and Del Sol Valley (as well as Tomarang and Oasis Springs). So while I don’t know what items from those packs were used, the worlds certainly were.

They showed those to show that it's possible to build the apartments in any world.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I guess, to be fair, they were trying to show that you can build these lots in any world. Perhaps they should have chosen the base game worlds, though, lol.
  • Options
    FreddyFox1234FreddyFox1234 Posts: 513 Member

I guess, to be fair, they were trying to show that you can build these lots in any world. Perhaps they should have chosen the base game worlds, though, lol.

It does act as a nice bit of advertising for those other packs :)
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    I think they're using other content from packs not mentioned. The doors on the 4-unit townhouses in San Sequoia are from the Strangerville pack, I'm pretty sure.

Overall, it doesn't bother me because I view this trailer as an advertisement for the feature of building in any world, rather than as a trailer explicitly for the build/buy coming with this pack. But I can kind of understand why it might annoy others.
  • Options
    I think showing how this pack can be used with other packs can be seen as a positive as well. It shows how versatile the pack is and I am happy to see it. The base game world of oasis springs is also included so even with nothing but the base game, simmers can see how to use this pack in other worlds.

• Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    @SimDork23 They did. One lot was in Oasis Springs
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,021 Member
    edited November 2023
    My concerns are will there be enough content to justify an expansion pack? I’m assuming we can pick the owner and they choose the tenants? Or the game selects who moves in? Do you get to choose whose the snooper? How is nosey different to snooper?

What is the max limit of apartments? How do we define what’s a duplex, town house or apartment? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    From what I learned via twitter/youtube a guru confirmed the households can have the usual max of 8 sims per household unit :) so thats a plus! But I agree that there needs to be more than just a building/lot type mechanic to justify this as an EP. Though I'm not sure because I saw how HR turned out and that was considered an EP, so. Idk shrugs. I really am holding out a sliver of hope that we get extra little gameplay objects besides what we saw in the trailer.
  • Options
    Simgurunova confirmed on twitter/x that we can start pre-building since converting to a residential rental is easy, so that is one less concern! Lol.
    Ziafar wrote: »
    @SimDork23 They did. One lot was in Oasis Springs

Oh, okay. I somehow missed that, lol. Thanks!
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 705 Member
    It was easy to miss. Everything went so fast! :)
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2023

The packs used in the new sneak peek were shown @ 0:28 (pack icons)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options

My concerns are will there be enough content to justify an expansion pack? I’m assuming we can pick the owner and they choose the tenants? Or the game selects who moves in? Do you get to choose whose the snooper? How is nosey different to snooper?

What is the max limit of apartments? How do we define what’s a duplex, town house or apartment? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️

The game probably only sees the new lot type and units. The shape of the units and name you give to it is totally up to you. . Just choose the name you think is most appropriate. Compare this to the existing residential lot. You can build a mansion, tiny cottage or suburban family homes, to the game they are all residential lots.

Yesterday's trailer showed an example of 6 units. We don't know the max number yet but it won't be just 2 or 4 units like some players feared.