Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent: What Are Your Plans?

Comments

• Options
    TebanGreenTebanGreen Posts: 54 Member
    I wonder if it will allow us to have businesses and living space in one build. > @Atreya33 said:
    > I wanted to wait for the new pack but I couldn't help myself. I already started with the shell for some townhouses. I know there is a chance I have to start editing these builds when we get more info on the exact requirements for the new pack. But waiting for an entire month before building is just too long.
    >
    > The awkward 20x40 lot in San Sequoia is getting 4 row houses. The exterior is coming together, now I still have to do some interiors.
    >
    >
    >
    > Glimmerbrook will finally be able to house a few additional households without having to sacrifice community lots.
    > This is a build I did a few years ago for Glimmerbrook. It is 3 shops and a bar on the lot that has the default bar. I think this lot could be easily used for a multi family lot but I am not quite ready to give up this retail lot. But it shows how a lot with several buildings can work in Glimmerbrook..
    >
    >
    > I started to prepare the other 30x20 in Glimmerbrook lot for housing. This is the first draft for the new housing in Glimmerbrook.

Those are all awesome builds. ♥ :-)
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Probably different types of play.
    1. Have a family and have the kids move in the apartments when they get old enough so it's easier to visit with them.
    2. Have my vampires and other vampires I like in the same building.
    3. Own it and have my single male sim live there and rent to young females so he can pick one for his bride.
    4. Own it and collect rent as a side job.
    5. Create a rental and live in one of the apartments and pay rent, except the apartment will be one I like instead of the premades, which some are nice.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Finally the apartments and multi family homes Ive built will be of use, and slumlords!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I forgot to add to my list, plantsims. Although I have played them in the older versions of the Sims, I have never played with them at all in TS4.

But what does that have to do with apartments, or Southeast Asia? Well, I was thinking now might be the perfect time to start the plantsim scenario, and have my sim live near the botanical gardens in Tomarang.
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I will be focusing on apartments in Newcrest and Del Sol Valley. I will be moving some existing sims around when the game is released to the new world. I have been trying to decide whether to put a high-rise apartment in Magnolia Promenade. I have a wedding venue there that I don’t even use. I also want an apartment in San Sequoia, but I feel it might only make sense for me to place it in the district with the movie theater. I was thinking of deleting my restaurant in San Sequoia because I have the home chef cart at the theater now, but since you can't order food from a player’s perspective from there, I’m going to have to leave the restaurant build in San Sequoia for now.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,531 Member
    edited November 2023
    Builder's frenzy today.
    I have nearly completed my apartment building. It got its start from this tiny home floor plan.
    11-03-23_9-27-25_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    So, two studio apartments on the ground floor.
    11-07-23_8-46-22_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Two single bedroom apartments on the second floor.
    11-07-23_8-45-48_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Fast forward and here we are.
    11-08-23_12-40-58_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    If the lot can have five apartments, I will add another level for a 2 or 3-bedroom apartment.
    11-08-23_12-43-17_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I'm not crazy about the living/dinning area, but plenty of time remains for other ideas.
    The other apartment has a better layout because of a little more space.
    11-08-23_12-43-58_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

This is as far as I am going take it until we get a game play trailer or live-stream.
    11-08-23_12-44-13_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The studio apartment got a little activity room added to it.
    A little flexible space to be used for a variety of things like an office, yoga/exercise space, SimTubers media station, or a nursery or a room for a toddler until they can get a bigger apartment or home.
    11-08-23_12-44-24_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Laundry room and mechanical room for the water heater and electical box down here.
    Plus space for extra activities.
    11-08-23_12-44-55_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The building is a bit plain and basic looking so I jazzed it up a bit with a little art deco.
    I love the little caps that you can plop above the column.
    11-08-23_12-42-16_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    It will do.
    11-08-23_12-41-50_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

The neighbors better love parties.
    11-08-23_12-42-44_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I doubt any of my sims will own this as a property.
    It might take a while to start turning a profit. But then again, If the game play is fantastic and I add that third level, my sim might live on the top floor.
    11-08-23_12-49-56_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

Project #2
    Turning this little home into a duplex.
    11-05-22_10-12-08_AM_p3SiZvgkT2ujVea83XuwhJ.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Ta-dah!
    11-07-23_8-43-40_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

And then adding a second duplex to this lot.
    11-07-23_8-42-16_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I am going to put a fair sized gazebo at the end there and a nice garden and playground area.
    11-07-23_8-44-30_AM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    @CK213, that is beautiful :) by chance are you going to upload your build?
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,449 Member
    I was energized to enter build mode and ofc like always, my mind went blank😭 I altered one of the existing houses in DSV. This alone took me a couple of hours😵‍💫 It has a long way to go until it's ready. Until then, I'd say everything is subject to change. dEhR21Z.pngwazlK3w.png
    It's 2 floors with a basement apartment as well. This is the front entrance for the basement level. 4sDax0R.png Creating this part was tricky, but I really want the basement level to have access to the backyard too. Backyard exit. rgFIkVD.png
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,577 Member
    I made this Cringe A-A-Alien a month early. She keeps pepper in the salt shaker and leaves food out to spoil while wishing she could dab but it'll be a month before she starts taking over the world.

S1BvESo.png
  • Options
    HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 323 Member
    I’ve been thinking about it more, and I may actually try put some of the ownable businesses. One of the challenges of owning businesses is that even if you set up a living space on the business lot, their “home lot” is wasted real estate if they never use it. I’ll either have sims with a business also rent out most of their home lot while “living” in a tiny portion of it, or cram a ton or business owners in the same apartment lot. Or maybe both. Hopefully the coding written to partition lots is the first step to true multipurpose lots and maybe hotels, too.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’m hoping to create an apartment block in Tomarang first so I can have my sims live there and fully explore the new world and all the pack details firsthand. I’d mostly like to have my sims experience apartment life as tenants if possible, but I think I’ve decided that my legacy heir will move to Tomarang and have a relationship with the daughter of a wealthy property-owning family which will lead to him being involved in the family business and having to learn how to quickly become a decent landlord :D I’m really hoping we get to experience as much apartment life drama as I remember from TS2, I just love having everyone interact like that! :D
  • Options
    BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 960 Member
    I probably visit the premade household in order to keep them for a while, and send some of my existing sims over to check community lots provided some are found in the new world.
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    I had an idea but now that I've preordered I really feel like Johnny needs to be the only guy surrounded by desperate single parents...hehe.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited November 2023
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    Also thought of little caravans on a lot to have a true cute caravan/trailer lot like they tried to mimic in Strangerville. If we ever get an apocalypse/zombie pack I could also see creating bunkers...or even for a large witch coven etc. Ideas are endless! :mrgreen:

I love how versatile this feature is going to make everything! I tried to make things like this before but of course it didn't quite work how I needed.
    I saw people on Twitter plotting on a prison!
    I made one in the past for my police station but now sims can rent out the prison cells😂
    Can't wait to hear more about how exactly this feature works because I think I'm going to be using it for literally everything now.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EneroDesyembreEneroDesyembre Posts: 64 Member
    I plan on just vibing, letting tenants rent what are essentially just abstract art pieces in house form and watching how they react to and make use of what's inside it for fun
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    My plans could change but I think one of the first things I want to do is definitely rebuild a police station for one of my most played sims who is a cop. I have a sheriff station for them in chestnut ridge from @CAPTAIN_NXR7
    But now I would like to upgrade it to a bigger one for more cell space, and to match the theme of the new world.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    I am absolutely loving this thread. Before the pack was announced, I really didn't see the need for apartments since we already had them, but it seems like so many people are excited for these and it will unlock so many new storytelling opportunities and a whole lot of gameplay. One of my favourite things about The Sims is the world around your current lot (very big advocate for story progression before it was added!), so being able to have a small glimpse of your world going about doing its own thing on the same lot you're playing is very exciting.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    So the announcement of this pack had me quite stumped when it came to planning. I wasn’t too sure how I would implement any of its new features into my current gameplay. Long story short, it won’t mesh well with my current save. However, I have an old version of my Holden save where the two kids aged up and went off to Britechester to attend university. I think I’m going to revisit that save, build a dorm (or apartments or townhouses..we’ll see) and continue that story. If these new rental residential lots come with any drama, what better way to experience that than with young adults experiencing freedom of living on their own for the first time?

My idea above suggests my sims wouldn’t be living in the new world, but I’m thinking of making it more of a destination world anyway. Maybe they can vacation there before they head off to Uni as an end-of-summer vacay? So many ideas and possibilities so things are obvi subject to change.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm…

- I would like to have one family living on a large lot in Henford-on-Bagley and my sim renting a little tiny cottage with a mini-garden plot. If the sims with the large farm would ignore plants and such on their lot I would change plans. Then I would let one family have a large cottage and my sim renting the attic.

- I want tall thin spooky houses stacked next to each other in The Forgotten Hollow. Then two lots with many plants, don’t k ow what kind of community lots I want. It shifts all the time.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,873 Member
    I'm thinking about having the new world be where Liberty Lee's family came from. I could have her and Matteo take a trip to see where her grandparents came from and explore her heritage. I don't have any ideas yet for the other aspects of the pack. I'm waiting to see the livestream before I really get into making plans for how to use everything in the pack.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    Hmm…

- I would like to have one family living on a large lot in Henford-on-Bagley and my sim renting a little tiny cottage with a mini-garden plot. If the sims with the large farm would ignore plants and such on their lot I would change plans. Then I would let one family have a large cottage and my sim renting the attic.

You could put the garden plot in a fenced or walled-in area that can only be accessed from the back door (side door, whatever), of the cottage, and then lock the door to allow only that household.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,200 Member
    Well for oasis springs,and strangerbille were going to have some nice trailer parks.
  • Options
    Bashsync2015Bashsync2015 Posts: 228 Member
    Different types of Apartments. Family friendly, pet friendly, single only etc.... Gated communities... These are what I am planning for right now, so which worlds would perfect for apartments, duplexes, townhouses etc..
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,023 Member
    1. My orc sims all live together in longhouses. I can break up their homes, make smaller houses and turn their lots into little villages.
    2. I want a big apartment complex, full of quirky neighbors, sitcom-style.
    3. I have a motel in Chestnut Ridge. I'll break off the rooms into separate units, while leaving everything else as a communal space.
    4. This landlord is a mad scientist. He has secret passages hidden in the walls, connecting him to every other apartment so he can spy on his subjects.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Maybe I'll try building something similar to this screenshot from (May?) Grunge Revival Kit :smirk: kinda feels like they were hinting
    grunge-revival-2-1024x576.jpg
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/