Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

For Rent Negative thread

Comments

• Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I have a phobia of mold. I am unsure as to whether or not someone will make a mod to remove this, but I hope they do. This is the first time I've felt uncomfortable playing The Sims, ever.

For some reason I have the idea that the mold is a lot challenge. I'm not sure if I actually read that or just assumed it. Hopefully that's the case and you can decide if you want it or not.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I hope we can toggle the break ins. It sounds OK for some situations but I don't want this in all the apartments.

Either this and/or there is an alarm like there was in Sims 2 that will either make them leave immediately or make them get arrested.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I hope we can toggle the break ins. It sounds OK for some situations but I don't want this in all the apartments.
    .I want Mediterranean food. With the Mediterranean world of tartosa we got only Asian food so it would be only fair if this Asian pack finally gives us the Mediterranean cuisine we missed out on. Especially lasagna and ravioli. But I get an impression we only get more Asian food.

Break ins? I saw nothing of that in the trailer. I am very much hoping for more than just rentals, though. I'm a tad disappointed.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I have a phobia of mold. I am unsure as to whether or not someone will make a mod to remove this, but I hope they do. This is the first time I've felt uncomfortable playing The Sims, ever.

For some reason I have the idea that the mold is a lot challenge. I'm not sure if I actually read that or just assumed it. Hopefully that's the case and you can decide if you want it or not.

That would be perfect if it's a lot trait.

If not, a lot of my households are about to have a mold problem. :D It can easily take a sim day or two for me to notice broken plumbing.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Colorist40Colorist40 Posts: 7,103 Member
    .I want Mediterranean food. With the Mediterranean world of tartosa we got only Asian food so it would be only fair if this Asian pack finally gives us the Mediterranean cuisine we missed out on. Especially lasagna and ravioli. But I get an impression we only get more Asian food.

Break ins? I saw nothing of that in the trailer. I am very much hoping for more than just rentals, though. I'm a tad disappointed.

There was a sim girl bashing at a door and then held up a crow bar and then you see her in the apt. So yes it is a thing.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

I want Mediterranean food. With the Mediterranean world of tartosa we got only Asian food so it would be only fair if this Asian pack finally gives us the Mediterranean cuisine we missed out on. Especially lasagna and ravioli. But I get an impression we only get more Asian food.
    I doubt we'd get it, but I'd like to see some Portuguese food. Portugal and Thailand have had fairly good relations through history, many Thai people should be able to trace their lineage to Portuguese diaspora, both cultures would probably share a lot of fish-based dishes, and a fourth thing I'm pulling out of my butt to justify getting some malasadas in my game.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited November 2023
    bizuktag wrote: »
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    Has it actually been confirmed that apartment lots is 8 Sims total spread-out through all the possible households?

No, it hasn't been confirmed. In the trailer, the most number of sims you can see on the lot at any given time is 12.

Either:
    1) Residential rentals have a limit of 8 or 10 sims, and some of the sims on the lot are just visiting.
    2) Residential rentals have a limit of 12 sims, slightly higher than the roommate max.
    3) Residential rentals have a limit of more than 12 sims, and they were being conservative to reduce lag/errors, take smoother videos for the trailer, and allow extra spawn slots for sims to walk past the lot (the game can load 20 sims in a zone at a time without mods).

I would really like it to be 3, but based on past experience, I think it's safer at the moment to assume that we're likely to get 1) or 2).

I also dearly want to know about maximums for numbers of apartments (townhouses, whatever) on a lot and REALLY hoping it's a very, very high number, plus numbers of residents overall -- I want some overstuffed complexes! rather than being limited to cute triplexes or whatever -- but I definitely wouldn't use the number of Sims onscreen in a marketing trailer as a way to judge that. Some of the decisions are probably not even gameplay related but just about what looks good in a trailer.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member

I agree. Black mold has serious health consequences in real life. It's common in old buildings and a serious issue. I hope you can toggle that aspect off like the bags on the head in eco lifestyle and the dust bunnies dust the bust.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

The mold is an issue for me as well. Perhaps it will be tied to a lot trait or will be something very difficult to trigger. Or there will be a mod to stop it. The visual of it turns my stomach. It's one of the most unpleasant images I have seen in this game and I don't want to see it anymore. Some images have a tendency to get stuck on replay in my memory and I have a very hard time getting them out. This is one of those images. I find it very disturbing even though it's meant to be silly.
  • Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I don't mind the idea of having mold as an issue to deal with in the game, but the death making the sim look like a zombie is certainly a bit disturbing.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm almost positive I saw the mold referred to as a "challenge" in the blog somewhere, so I think (hope) it will be a lot challenge.

Where I'm concerned is how various other packs will work - or not - with the apartment feature. Laundry has been brought up somewhere, and while I don't use it, it could easily break down in an apartment setting. The other pack is one that last I knew was still somewhat on the buggy side to begin with - Dream Home Decorator. Again, I rarely play an interior designer, but how is that going to work with different household "zones"? What about Eco Footprint? That will probably be an agregate of the lots on there, but how will it impact the bill reductions?

So many cross pack questions/concerns
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The mailbox on the box art cover implies that we can have more than 4 units on a lot. I'm hoping it won't max out under 4 households because between 2 lots in Del Sol Valley, I plan to put 12 households. I feel like the big mailbox could be like the lockers in HSY where they aren't all usable though.
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »
    ULIBABA66 wrote: »
    LSM36 wrote: »
    There are only a few things I'm a little I guess concerned about. I've never been a fan of burglars, hated then actually. The Sims 3 barely worked for me but guess what did. Those guys, and zombies. At least burglars go away if you had the alarm. But that was pre-cheats beginning playing the sims me. And I wasn't super good at it, and rarely had the money for the alarm right away. 🙃 And tended to forget I needed it (mostly bc my game was so unstable I couldn't play it often) until they had already robbed me. Deep hate of those guys. Also fences Do Not keep the zombies out of your hard grown garden 😤. I digress.

So not super glad to see these guys back. While it's very interesting to see they've evolved, and it starts with snooping and casing the joint, I want a toggle. And several alarms. Like if I can't turn the burglary off entirely, I need a way to make sure none of MY sims deal with it. Not in houses or apartments. And maybe a really good security system option for the apartment itself. Like this is definitely one of those features where it's like some people love it but others hate it. I'm fine with werewolves running around everywhere, other people hated it. Toggle. I vote for a toggle for this.

Second thing, so like we're not getting bed and breakfast or hotels or any of that are we? Like I read the blog post "create a variety of dwellings, including townhomes, duplexes, apartments, and more!" All great, super even happy to see it. I just feel like if any of that "more" option included actual businesses outside of multifamily branching into other aspects of the hospitality industry, they would've mentioned at least one. Or mentioned traveling to this new world in the post, rather than simply "moving".

Like don't get me wrong I am excited, wait this is the negative thread I don't have to qualify my emotions. I wanted more than apartments. I like apartments wanted them for years. I feel like this all looks super nice. But several of these features should have already been in game. And it feels like this entire pack concept is things that should've been in game including giving more representation of places outside of America and Western Europe. But like tbh mostly America. And if they were finally giving the community what it wanted and deserved they could've given just a bit more to round it out. Especially since we've spent truly insane amounts of money on this game at this point.

Like seriously still don't even have fairies. When this game came out I wasn't even 20 yet. And now I'm pushing 30. That's a long time for people to still not have things you have provided before especially when you have a "better" format than before. And you're trying to convince then to by the next one.

So yeah I'm a little let down by not having multifunctional lots that allow live-in business, hotels, etc. And the fact that no mention has been made of elevators concerns me. Especially since this pack is obviously perfect to give us some usable ones. And that would be the perfect tie in for more diversity in representation of those with disabilities. And being able to build apartments that can accommodate those. Even the small things like having handicap buttons would be nice.

Other than that though, I already said the things I did quite like in the positive thread. 😌

Wait did some people really expect more big main features like fairies and hotels in For Rent pack? Wow…I personally expected features that have to do with the rental/neighborly theme that they teased to us before. :smiley: would you really want them to shoehorn incomplete systems like resorts in this EP? Get to Work suffered from this, they should have separated retail/Open for business aspect for another pack in my opinion, and now I do feel like there is a high chance that the reason why we may not be getting major pack refreshes is because those things like shopping malls and deeper retail gameplay will get added in new packs instead. EA/Maxis is actually quite genious for this, in a business/commercial sense. But at least they have more budget to add more content for these new packs because we will get some substantial base game updates too, so I kind of understand that their technique of ”splitting themes to separate packs” works for them. It is capitalism, but I secretly love buying more DLC for this game :lol:
    And yes the apartment/rental thing could have been part of City Living technically, but this same thing happened with Horse Ranch, people thought it could have been part of Cats & Dogs, so I am not too surprised. Mixed feelings for me, but I will love the new customization tools for residential rental lots. Preordered already <3

I think you read what I said and missed what I meant a bit. I didn't say I wanted fairies in this pack. Though yes I do think a pack about owning real estate could've been about owning various forms of real estate, especially depending on how they decided to do the systems. They decided to go super focused on renting apartments, okay. If it had been about managing rental properties, having a b&b still would've worked. A small get away would have worked. Heck adding in and air b&b type feature would've also worked. And still could've kept similar focus as they chose to do.

That's the first thing. The second is that what I was condemning was, despite this pack being interesting in it's own ways (which I already addressed in the positive thread) , the game keeps feeling undone. And not in a rush to end it and move on to the next iteration way. In a we keep asking for things that we already had, or things that definitely should've come in previous packs that fell short in some way. And because of that, we aren't getting NEW ideas. We are getting recycled things in prettier packaging. Spending over and over again. Because we still don't have the things we wanted. We're finally getting apartments that We control. But, and I gave this as an example of a thing I had wanted for a Long time and still don't have, fairies still aren't here. All the occults were broken into separate packs. And fairies in particular were teased all year. We literally got horses, and instead of adding a unicorn they added a fake horn accessory. Give it a few more cycles and we may get a fairy pack that they'll expect us to shell out cash for. Just as we do for this pack. And more money if they decide that adding Vacation rentals is a good idea afterall.

You praised this practice and said you don't mind spending all that extra money. That's your prerogative. I don't like the practice. I don't like feeling like a fool whenever a new sims pack comes out. Even if it's one I like. So the best I can do is wait for it to go on sale. But oh if you do that for EP you'll miss out on the extra items that they added. Just to get a broken and buggy pack.

My point was, as nice as the good parts are, there are some downfalls. Even just in the content of the pack. But especially in the way it was put together and the practices. But atp it's fine bc the Sims 4 is the last sims game I'm going to support.

This was never meant to be a full real estate pack the way they mention residential rental lots and property management, this clearly is not including those features. Why would we assume just because this EP didn't include community lot ownership or other real estate features means we will not get them in some other EP like a more Business-focused EP? And yes I know we got Get To Work but recently it feels like the pack refresh idea has been revamped into this paid DLC model, so would we really be that surprised if we got Shopping Malls, Home Business and Real Estate (venues ownership) and other entrepreneur features we currently don't have in its own pack? I wouldn't be personally surprised, also cars seem to be confirmed to be in the works the way they reply to TikToks even yesterday or today. I saw them replying on someone's comment about cars so I am not going to pretend to be shocked when they get officially announced, which seems like it will happen sometime around February-March 2024? That is just my prediction but we will see. Also if next year starts off with Fairies GP or Grim Reaper GP I won't be surprised at all either. I just hope the potential competition Sims is soon about to get has inspired Maxis to work harder on Sims 4, so that all of us who love and care about this large game platform will benefit from everything. I also heard from a source it is possible now that Rachel Franklin became the executive producer for Sims 4 again will have a huge impact on this game maybe starting next year (2024). And I do have to say I still have hope for this game for some reason, this year we got infants (not tied to the EP, yes I know they put the deeper features like infant milestones and learning to crawl behind the EP but still, base game infants got added for everyone even without the Growing Together EP), horses (in their own EP...no occult unicorns though BUT, some people noticed this For Rent EP seems to have more Unicorn-themed objects so maybe proper unicorns are still planned? Hmm we will see), and we also got some long-awaited stuff like the return of stuff packs with Home Chef Hustle SP, so I expect literally everything can be possible with this game, YES I do know we don't have all the customization in the world in Sims 4, but in my opinion this is an awesome game because of the variety and endless playstyle possibilities and stories this game can offer, even further with new game, expansion and stuff packs and Kits (I don't hate them as much as I didn't care about them before but now I am fine with them, the return of gameplay kits would be very very cool though), and I have no plans to stop buying new content for this game, despite the fact the base game is free to play nowadays, well I still have my lovely Sims 4 Collector's edition physical copy and the Plumbob lamp, and the visual book about Sims 4 development (I still LOVE it! I love real books and the Sims used to have those Prima guide books, I still have many of them, for Sims 3 base game and some expansion packs and The Sims 4 base game, love them forever!) so I am so happy I still got to keep what my grandpa paid for so that he got me this game with lots of potential at launch in September 2014. (forever grateful for him and my grandma, I love them and my family, but I won't go too much off topic, sorry <3)

But yes, I did notice your enthusiasm for pack refreshes in the forums earlier this year, but I did feel like they were done with them after they noticed how people will pay for the content anyway, so this is not just MY prerogative, do I need to feel like you are blaming me for preordering new EP for Sims 4? And yes this is a negative thread, so I am going to say I do have mixed feelings about this expansion pack, but I was not surprised that we won't get an awesome City Living pack refresh with all the content For Rent EP is going to have + a second world. Maxis probably just does what they feel like they have to in order to get more resources and budget for this game, and this For Rent does remind me of Apartment Life from Sims 2, which is a good thing for me, I always wanted this type of pack for Sims 4, so I decided it was necessary for me to preorder this expansion pack, I am happily paying for a working pack, and this time I ordered it almost immediately as this was one pack I was especially interested in. And this pack seems also like a setup for the technology and the groundwork for a future hotels/resorts system in its own pack, but I am not upset by the fact this one didn't include hotels or resorts (or both), I only expected this EP to be more like a distant relative to Sims 2 Apartment Life, not like Ambitions or the pack for Sims 3 with real estate features like owning a community lot, after the leak happened I was able to see this is meant to be the equivalent of Sims 2: AL, not Open For Business/Entrepreneur at all. I am sure they will most likely make an expansion pack called Sims 4 Entrepreneur or something like that, there was a pack survey back in 2017 or so and it mentioned this kind of EP and it could include stuff like owning and managing your own cafe, art galleries, and more. And I am sure they may add upon that old idea with stuff like the introduction of multipurpose venues so we will be able to make shopping malls with restaurants, retail stores, cafes, ice cream shops etc. Also wasn't there that survey from 2020 and it did mention Shopping Malls pack too? Not giving up hope on anything but I understand your concerns, even I was hoping for pack refreshes, but for some reason my reaction for this EP announcement feels more like mixed rather than negative. But I do have my own concerns for this pack too, but we will see. I love the addition of rice cooker and kettle kitchen objects and the other new features though <3

I don't have much to say in regards to your response, and don't really want to do a back and forth here. I only responded the first time because it felt like you had misunderstood things I was saying and based your opinion on that. I wanted to defend my point, as you did in this response.

But I want to be clear, I am not judging you for pre-ordering. In fact everything you've said really gives no other expectation other than to assume you would, if anyone just took the time to read your words. I'm not sure why you think I have personal feelings about your choices of purchasing a game, especially one that everyone here cares about (at least franchise wise) enough to be chatting about it in the discussions. Enjoy your game (no sarcasm in case it's the thing we're tone isn't conveyed well over text).

To be perfectly clear, and I do feel I already was, my main issue is how these packs are coming out. Yes I like refreshes. We know for a fact that the earliest packs were released half done and broken. They gave us a few where the main issue was not putting in enough content/depth of content (mermaids). And then literally everything after was game breaking. And also somehow lacking. I think refreshes represented a commitment to the players/consumers that they were going to be putting out good content from then on, and to prove their integrity they would fix all the previous ones. Yes that would attract new players, but what it would really do is make everyone who is already here more ready and willing to spend. They're introducing merch. Years ago I would've lost my mind. Now I don't even care. I used to say how much I loved the sims, now that love is a very strained relationship. Lot of history and excitement, but the current situation isn't making me exited for our future. It feels like those phone games that are pay-to-play are giving more consistently working content for the absurd price than sims 4 these days. And when you see their competition you wonder why they aren't doing the things that would ensure their audience sticks around even when the new games are out?

Like yeah part of me remembers how long I've been playing, how many computers I bought just to run this game, how much I loved it. I even bought it for my late mother and made her simself. It was, and still is, the most accurate sim I've ever made and it's like she's still alive when I look at her on the gallery. I have a lot of memories with this game. But none of that forces me to be ok with business plans that are so myopic as to only tick off the consumer and get those who really wanted the content to spend, rather than doing things in a way that would get people exited about the game all over again. Like if they did refresh the old packs that need it, the game would be way more interesting. You'd have more to do, more easily, and when actually new ideas came out, or ones that just aren't in game, you'd at least know they've improved the game and how they do things.

I used to feel nothing but excitement and joy when a new sims 4 pack came out., thinking about when to buy it and looking at all the features. I had never even watched any kind of let's plays until I found out about the ones for the Sims 4, and really started looking at pack themed ones. Now when a pack is announced, I'm excited but thinking about bugs, if it's an ep thinking about limited items, and wondering if the depth is worth it. Then I'm comparing the price of what is supposed to be basically a complete entry in the game, just using BG to make it work, to other standalone games of the same price or previous Sims games, and I'm depressed. We've had to get used to being ok with less bc we aren't going to get more. And if we are, it's going to cost money even if it should've been with a different pack(s).

To reiterate I hope you enjoy your preorder. I'm likely going to get it after it's out, maybe in time for the bonuses, maybe not this time. It does have things I wanted, missing others including solely apartment things unless those are in the patch. Honestly, we'll see I think I might wait for let's plays and forum comments. But that is just me.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    LeucosiaX wrote: »

I agree. Black mold has serious health consequences in real life. It's common in old buildings and a serious issue. I hope you can toggle that aspect off like the bags on the head in eco lifestyle and the dust bunnies dust the bust.

Honestly same, I had a really bad situation with landlord who wouldn't handle mold very recently and moved. My health was quite impacted. So this death was really triggering, and if I do get the pack after it come out, I need a way to turn this off. Burglars too but definitely this.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited November 2023
    Gordy wrote: »

I want Mediterranean food. With the Mediterranean world of tartosa we got only Asian food so it would be only fair if this Asian pack finally gives us the Mediterranean cuisine we missed out on. Especially lasagna and ravioli. But I get an impression we only get more Asian food.
    I doubt we'd get it, but I'd like to see some Portuguese food. Portugal and Thailand have had fairly good relations through history, many Thai people should be able to trace their lineage to Portuguese diaspora, both cultures would probably share a lot of fish-based dishes, and a fourth thing I'm pulling out of my butt to justify getting some malasadas in my game.

I wasn't completely serious. I don't expect any European food at all.
    I think with so many packs offer food to match the world: Japanese food for Mt komorebi, South American food for Selva Dorada, British food for Henford on Bagley, a broad selection of cultural foods for the international feel of San Mychuno. It is a shame Tartosa didn't get the same privilege. It was sacrificed for even more Asian food.
    Perhaps I am a bit biased because Mediterranean food (particularly Italian) is more my thing than Asian food. I only eat Asian dishes few times a year yet my sims' cooking menu is loaded with dishes of which I have no clue how they taste.

It wouldn't make sense to get Mediterranean food with this pack, just as it didn't make sense to only offer food from the other side of the world in Tartosa.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I think with so many packs offer food to match the world: Japanese food for Mt komorebi, South American food for Selva Dorada, British food for Henford on Bagley, a broad selection of cultural foods for the international feel of San Mychuno. It is a shame Tartosa didn't get the same privilege. It was sacrificed for even more Asian food.
    Perhaps I am a bit biased because Mediterranean food (particularly Italian) is more my thing than Asian food. I only eat Asian dishes few times a year yet my sims' cooking menu is loaded with dishes of which I have no clue how they taste.

It wouldn't make sense to get Mediterranean food with this pack, just as it didn't make sense to only offer food from the other side of the world in Tartosa.

Maybe they didn't add more dishes because we already have quite a lot of Italian dishes in game. Personally I would have loved an ice cream stand instead of the Chinese food one.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe they didn't add more dishes because we already have quite a lot of Italian dishes in game. Personally I would have loved an ice cream stand instead of the Chinese food one.

We got some but I still miss lasagna, ravioli, gnocchi, Penne Arabiata.
  • Options
    deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    @Atreya33 I have mods for Italian recipes and others. Too many probably but I like to keep my foodie sims happy😊
  • Options
    deedles64 wrote: »
    @Atreya33 I have mods for Italian recipes and others. Too many probably but I like to keep my foodie sims happy😊

Thanks for the suggestion. Once Sims 4 is 'finished' as in no more frequent updates, I will add more mods and cc, including foods.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member

It's definitely Mediterranean, but I don't really see Tartosa as Italian so much as Croatian, maybe. It was a real missed opportunity to have some Balkan dishes, along with maybe a couple of Greek or Spanish recipes. Maybe like, burek, baklava, paella, gazpacho, and then some sort of mussels dish, as that is common all across the Mediterranean.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't like the mold & the evictions. I hope there's a turn off option for that.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

I know, I'm just joking around lol
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

It's definitely Mediterranean, but I don't really see Tartosa as Italian so much as Croatian, maybe. It was a real missed opportunity to have some Balkan dishes, along with maybe a couple of Greek or Spanish recipes. Maybe like, burek, baklava, paella, gazpacho, and then some sort of mussels dish, as that is common all across the Mediterranean.

I still have a beef with that topic and I won't forgive them how they have ignored the european mediterranen cuisine completely. No other world got that ptreatment regarding to food. So basically that was my thoughts too: Are there only non-regional food or not?
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Daravi wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I still have a beef with that topic and I won't forgive them how they have ignored the european mediterranen cuisine completely. No other world got that ptreatment regarding to food. So basically that was my thoughts too: Are there only non-regional food or not?

Hopefully we get more worlds.That has that food.
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    TS2 Apartment Life was my absolute favorite pack so I am actually excited about this one and I've already decided to purchase it when it comes out. However, I definitely want to know more about how we can build our own, if you can designate separate residences for builds we created before the pack, and if the apartment designation is for only one floor. Like I have built whole towns with townhouses and multiple homes on a single lot. Can I make smaller apartments inside those humongous apartments in San Myshuno? I already built them without this pack, but I'd like the residences to be separate so I can play each family one by one.

I can be swayed from buying the pack if the apartments won't work the way I want because I'm already frustrated with this game as it is. I've been playing sims 2 and sims 3 lately and I have to say, sims 4 can't hold a candle to either of those games and it's mainly because nothing ever happens in TS4. So if the break-ins and mold add at least something unpredictable, then it's at least something.