Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Neighborhood EP- Emergencies/ Disasters??

Will there be neighborhood wide disasters and emergencies in the teased EP coming out? Large fires, electrical blackouts, food shortages, crime sprees, missing sims, tornados, zombies, alien invasions, etc. It’d be neat if big things happened that sims can choose to get together and help with or ignore or embrace and make the situation worse.

Comments

• Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I hope not. There’s enough of that in the real world.
  • Options
    Lady_BalloraLady_Ballora Posts: 786 Member
    I agree with g01denswan 100%. Sims is supposed to be an escape from the real world.
    Why do you hide inside these walls?
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    Not an escape, a caricature of the real world (Or used to be)
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Not really interested in that kind of (disruptive) gameplay. I already hate the Kleptomaniac trait where random Sims start stealing stuff everywhere. It's the first trait I blacklist in a new save.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I actually don't mind the idea of that kind of gameplay, but I don't see any reason to think there would be anything of the kind in this pack. But in its own dedicated pack at some point down the road, that people could choose to buy or not buy, after we get a few more basic things we've been asking for... sure, why not?
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited October 2023
    I play rotationally, so I wouldn’t really want disasters to happen that would kill my sims, even in a disaster pack, without me being able to control it. I wouldn’t mind being able to give a lot a disaster trait, because then I could choose which lot what disaster could hit, just like the volcano lot trait from Sulani and the earthquake lot from city living.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited October 2023
    Yes to some, in theory. (I loved playing Apoc challenge in ts2 and would love to play it again)
    But as I don't trust toggles enough, I say also No.
    (Only assuming it would include a toggle)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i hope not because honestly as a player its not something i would went to see in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    I think most logically if these would be added
    it should be lot challenges people can toggle on/off themselves

I don't really want burglars messing up all my builds for example
    but if I can turn them on for particular lot/household of choice it would be fun

we also already have lot challenges like quake zone and volcanic activity
    so I don't really see why tornados etc couldn't be lot challenge the same way

also as occult player I am forever sad we don't have lot challenges about occults
    that would be awesim update to occult packs

like imagine werewolf attacks lot challenge
    that will make Greg randomly show up on your lot to destroy things
    or that the alien abduction and vampire break ins were lot challenges
    so when you play realism only you don't have to worry about it
    and when you play occults you can actually get some dang break ins and abductions
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

but if I can turn them on for particular lot/household of choice it would be fun

also as occult player I am forever sad we don't have lot challenges about occults

and when you play occults you can actually get some dang break ins and abductions

Yes I agree. I don’t play occults too much really, so I’m happy they are not too intrusive to my play. And with spell caster ( that I have played ), as with other occults, I want them to be rather illusive, so most other sims don’t know about their secret. I actually buy all the packs because I like a lot of the stuff that comes in them. As long as vampires and werewolves don’t actually kill my sims, I can take the occasional break in if I forget to lock my door.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited October 2023
    Spending a RL week building my duke's estate, and another RL week to have all those family paintings created, just to se a catastrophe ruining the estate while I'm playing the neighbor? Nope. I want to control my game, and prefer nothing at all happening to my non-played households. That's why I turned off story progression. Dramas tied to lot traits would be fine though, but not if affecting the entire hood/world.

If any world wide drama, it would have to be something not affecting old heirlooms etc. For example the horrifying water tube problem, which causes all toilets and sinks in the entire world to pour out brown water making floors and walls filthy, so your servants (or maid service) would need days to clean up a larger mansion. Or the well known, but obviously hard to fix problem, where anyone jumping into a pool will sink to the bottom, and will drown unless there is someone else near by to rescue them. Or - the hated slug invasion, where a sim opening the mailbox will find that it is filled with slugs that will "fly" straight onto the sim's face - not causing a slug death, but draining you from 95% of your energy.

Such actions could take place all over the world on one random day - without a warning. And they would not harm my huge building nor all those old painted portraits.

Adding: How could I forget the "Toilet Monster" that on certain random days will jump up to bite the sim using the toilet? The bite is not fatal, but the frightened sim will probably not sit down on a toilet again in a few days.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    It would have been mentioned...

After all, you have to account for not only the buildings you build, but buildings in the background as a decoration.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    All signs are pointing to no this time around, but I would honestly love a chaotic EP based on your sims surviving in a disaster or apocalyptic world. (Zombies perhaps?)
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Exactly this. Not everyone wants disasters so it should only be implemented if it is optional. I wouldn't mind an occasional black out or a burglar (in sims) but food shortages, crime sprees and missing sims sounds really heavy. I want my sims world to be relatively safe. There is enough of those awful things in real life already.

I would like some occult related lot traits. I hate how spellcasters outside of my household never act like spellcasters outside of the dark magic realm. I would love to have a magical lot trait that makes townie spellcasters wave wands and brew potions.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited November 2023
    Well you may be sorta kinda right about the power going out, break ins, and zombies (???) They looked like The Last of Us mushroom zombies.

Good call on the zombies! Though they are probably a very mild version with no skill tree. More like temporary plant sims. Too soon to tell after the trailer today.
    edit: I think it's just a new death after watching it again. Zombies have to die first to get back up but I'm starting to think it's not that.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MarteziaKingMarteziaKing Posts: 277 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Well you may be sorta kinda right about the power going out, break ins, and zombies (???) They looked like The Last of Us mushroom zombies.

Good call on the zombies! Though they are probably a very mild version with no skill tree. More like temporary plant sims. Too soon to tell after the trailer today.
    edit: I think it's just a new death after watching it again. Zombies have to die first to get back up but I'm starting to think it's not that.

Yeah, it's just a new death that's probably a reference/shout-out to The Last of Us, so no actual zombies or anything like that. 😉
    6bkvqyxctsjq.jpg
    ♥ If you can't be the light in the shadows, be the gem that refracts the light all around ♥