Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Soooooo something weird is happening...

fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
edited October 2023 in Mods Bugs & Issues
I have this rather large rotational save (as I do), this time basically made up of two parents and two toddlers each. I just like the toddler stage of the kids best in the game. Anyway, so, I started getting these notifications that some of my characters that were in my gallery but not in the game were npc's in the game and divorcing, remarrying, having kids, etc.....I was like hold on. Wait a second. So I went and found all of them and yes, somehow the game dragged in sims from my gallery!!!! Is this normal? Is this supposed to happen? It is also bad because they added some characters from the gallery and I added from the gallery as playable characters so in one case there are three exact same families, only now split up amongst different households because of npc drama. Kind of confusing. Has anyone else had this experience??
All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.
Post edited by EA_Solaire on

Comments

• Options
    WndblwzWndblwz Posts: 368 Member
    Somewhere, I can't find, there is an option to turn off progression, thus eliminating NPC autonomous activity (I think). I've just recently started experiencing the issue of multiple iterations of the same characters in Manage Households. (I don't have story progression enabled.)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @fujicakes1 That sounds an awful lot like MC Command Center doing that. The game itself has no NPC divorce or remarriage and doesn't pull in Sims from your Library.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited October 2023
    A few days ago I found some of my dogs currently not placed in world as stray dogs in Brindleton Bay.
    When I placed the household, the dog was there twice.
    And today I found one of my Sims declared as 'Military Personal' in red letters when I mouse over, just like in Strangerville. But he is not in the Military.
    Neighborhood stories are turned off and I don't use mods.
    (Plus this is the second time I find my Sims dressed by the game, I didn't chose this outfit and it's not in her outfit list.)
    Edit: I don't have many of my Sims in my gallery, but the one that showed up as Military actually is o.o)
    37443442fdcf6bfe75281e253f6298a9fe7491a9.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    @fujicakes1 That sounds an awful lot like MC Command Center doing that. The game itself has no NPC divorce or remarriage and doesn't pull in Sims from your Library.

That's what I thought too and you have to set up those tray settings yourself through MCCC.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    fujicakes1fujicakes1 Posts: 1,286 Member
    Hm, I must have selected something weird....there are so many selections, I just grow, what is the term, glassy eyed, eventually.
    All my daily trances, and all my nightly dreams, are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams.
    I dance to the beat of my own drum, no matter how measured or far away.
    I do love a road. You can always be wondering what is at the end of it.