Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to select which teens appear in High School?

It’s just as the title says, really! Does anyone know if there’s a cheat to control which teens attend high school with my own sim? Or is it a randomly generated part of the game that cannot be changed? I’ve spent time making a whole group of friends for my sim’s two teens to hang out with, but I’ve only just realised that the chances of them being the ones to turn up at school with them are pretty slim :D Any help or ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

There is a 'choose your own classmates mod' It can be found in this list

7f337beee00e70f1d8290ba83db2da78f874eba6.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,977 Member
    All I can think is that you might try to get rid of the other teens ( random ones you haven’t made ). Of course, the game might just create new ones. Also, I’m wondering if you made the teens all live in Copperdale if that would help.

I don’t use mods, but there might be a mod out there for that too.

I too have made groups of teens ( long before HSY came out ). I put them in clubs together to have them hang out at different places.
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member

I think it depends on how many teens you have in your game.
    In our save there aren't that many teens so the kids from the other class were pretty much the same each day too.
    Which was convenient for the story ^^'

6d426e1edf6beb71434a689a7021212df62c91d8.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    AnoukDuarteAnoukDuarte Posts: 58 Member
    I use "High school more classmates" from Nexusmods. First day it's not working always properly but you get the sims you want to be on the school. Second day works like a charm, also the events are more busy and with the sims that you choose.

The module also has some other mods from other creators, like faster homework, come to class early or later, less bff request, ect.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Like mentioned above might want to consider a mod, BUT if you happen to be console or just not into mods I just tend to make sure there's enough teens I made with varying traits. Noticed when I first got the game Wolfgang would always appear due to his mean trait so he was pretty much selected to be the 'bully' of sorts. Think he only ever got rotated once for a townie generated with a mean trait, but was always him though.
    5vJrxmT.png