Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to stop un-active sims from collecting things?

Hello everyone.
I switched households to a Sim I haven't played for a while, and I see she's been busy. Her inventory is jammed with rocks and insects.
She has:
17 yellow sapphires
66 tiny space rocks
24 rubies
38 blue topazes
17 diamonds
36 smoky quartz
18 large space rocks
59 irons
21 golds
5 palladiums
36 silvers
16 luminous gems
13 emeralds
15 tanzanites
1 rainbow gem
5 light beetles
5 rhinoceros beetles
1 stag beetle
2 mission blue butterflies
2 lady bugs
and 117 small paintings.

I tried to transfer it all to the household inventory but the game crashed.
Is there a reason townies run around collecting things? Is there a way to stop them from doing it?
Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I'm sorry, I don't have an answer for you, but I'm very curious to see what the replies will be because this never happened to me. When I make a townie active, the only thing I ever find in their inventory is a camera, an umbrella and a high school diploma, an sometimes a car or bicycle. I wonder if a mod is causing this to happen in your game, or if a mod is preventing this from happening in my game.
  • Options
    jarofpearlsjarofpearls Posts: 4 New Member
    Nraas Story Progression’s skill module can push collecting and painting, among other productive activities. Are you using that mod?
  • Options
    spankenstein89spankenstein89 Posts: 103 Member
    Yes I'm using Story Progression. Thanks for suggesting it.
  • Options
    I've also been wondering if it's a mod or maybe a certain expansion pack PalmArrow. While it is annoying that it happens, maybe it's not so bad after all because my sim made almost 20,000 Simoleans from all that stuff in her inventory.
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    It is the mod which is causing the sims to collect things. I am not playing with NRaas' SP at the moment and don't know off-hand if there is a setting which will stop that behavior. Although, Twallen was very throughoro in his mod features so I image there has to be a way. If not, the best thing you can do is sell or delete the objects (NRaas Purge).

In an unmodded game, the townies don't collect any items at all.
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    The only thing my unplayed Sims collect is books. They seem to empty out any bookshelves placed on community lots. Very annoying!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited October 2023
    ---- Pls ignore - I thought it was about TS4 :) ----

Do you have City Living? I sometimes will find a sim with lots of related items, like the entire collection. I think the sim has been tending a NPC sales table during a festival or at a market place. The game fills its inventory with say crystals r frogs, and the sim will restock the sales table. Whatever was not sold will be kept in the inventory. I assume the game will on ly assign such a task to unemployed sims, so to avoid it you could just sign up with the "work office" to add a work title, or get a real job. Your problem might come from story progression mod though, as I never saw them selling insects...
    Post edited by Simmerville on
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    mw1525mw1525 Posts: 1,216 Member
    @Simmerville - City Living is a Sims 4 game and doesn't affect The Sims 3.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    mw1525 wrote: »
    @Simmerville - City Living is a Sims 4 game and doesn't affect The Sims 3.

LOL, sorry! I must have sorted by "Discussions" not being aware. I wish so much we could sort by discussions while seeing only the series we are into :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    telemwill wrote: »
    The only thing my unplayed Sims collect is books. They seem to empty out any bookshelves placed on community lots. Very annoying!

I've noticed that to!