Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    I can't get my submissions to show up on the gallery web page as there's cc in them (both the disability related ones and buildbuy cc), even though I can see them on my profile through the in-game gallery. Am I missing some filter option or is it not possible to have them show up there with cc?

Don't worry about it, just say in the entry form there's CC, and the judges will find the lot from the online gallery. Also you can save the living room as a room instead of a lot - it's the other button in the same menu.
    image.png
  • Options
    healthxsimshealthxsims Posts: 58 Member
    Alright, thank you @SimTresa
    - Gallery ID Healthsims -
  • Options
    Alright, thank you @SimTresa

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • Options
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #177 - A Home for Everyone
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID: SimTresa
    LEVEL: Just for fun
    [b[SIMS 4 LOT NAME:[/b] 13 Acacia Lane
    NEW LOT LINK: Has cc - no link.
    LOT COST: 4000
    GALLERY COST: 127737
    TOTAL COST: 131,737 (Slightly over budget, I know. :wince:)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW:https://imgur.com/a/x29nGo6
    ENTRY DETAILS: This two-story craftsman at 13 Acacia Lane has been built to be wheelchair accessible on both floors. A slight ramp leads to the front door. A beautiful exterior with two dormers above the entry porch and a combination of clapboard and shingle siding give this house great curb appealThe kitchen has views that extend across the counter and eating bar to the fireplace on the far wall and to the sunny breakfast nook.
    The master bedroom is on the main floor and has pocket doors for the walk-in closet and the master bath where you can wheel right into the oversized shower.
    Stairs - and an elevator - take you upstairs where three bedrooms plus an office and a playspace await.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Peacemaker: Well-Crafted Expanded build set - several windows. Ravasheen: Keep It Clean Shower Walls and Detachable Shower Head, Uplifting Elevator Portals, Windkeepr:Modern Wheelchair Conversion PLASMATREE edit.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)
    08XGecy.png
    cY4EGcB.png
    image.png
  • Options
    KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    edited September 2023
    BUILD-N-SHARE CHALLENGE #177 A home for everyone
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM -
    FORUM ID: Kiteldesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Established
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Fern Park
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/743225A1A42A455C94D84C710E0D39AE?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=KitelDesigns&max=50&maxis=false
    Build cost 121,743
    Lot Cost 2000
    TOTAL COST:123,743
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW https://imgur.com/a/6goOx1n
    :
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: No CC art from the gallery

This home is for Client 2, the Hongs. The home is a nice and large home with an elevator that can take them to the 2nd floor. Plenty of space for this growing family.

q4Jt5mI.png
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: healthxsims
    EA ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Domus Familiaris
    NEW LOT LINK: I couldn't get the link from the web gallery, as there's cc and it won't show up. It's "177 Sable Square - Peura" on my page.
    LOT COST: 2,500
    GALLERY COST: 114 059
    TOTAL COST: (Lot cost plus gallery cost) 116 559
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/bzOpCsM
    ENTRY DETAILS: Here's 177 Sable Square, welcome! Johannes Peura recently had his nurse niece Maria Peura move in to help with his increasing health issues in the future, and they needed a new home. As Mr. Peura is anticipating leaving the house to Maria as he doesn't have children, they decided the decoration together for their newly built house. Their tastes and opinions don't always match, but they don't have to- they love and respect each other, and that's all they need.
    They are very happy with their new home!
    I had a specific Scandinavian-ish aesthetic in my mind, so that's part of the reason why there's a lot of cc.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: CC by Severinka_, Madlen, Necrodog and HistoricalSimsLife. All cc is listed below the images, but as imgur messed up my links in descriptions, you can also find all links to the cc used here if it's easier: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11S_8E9FhMmq1_dWGBORFG5wKB9hwzysytK4G6RHZWVU/edit?usp=sharing
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:(No more than 2 please)
    Front of the house:
    bWJzYfu.png

Birdseye view of floorplan:
    ntDODWD.png

Judges beware, there's a lot of images :D
    Post edited by healthxsims on
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL:
    ROOM: Again, I couldn't get the link from the web gallery, as there's cc and it won't show up. It's "BNS177 - Peura LivingRoom" on my page.
    GALLERY COST: 14 925
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/78Tc099
    ENTRY DETAILS: Here's a cozy living room for Johannes Peura and his niece Maria Peura! The emphasis is on comfiness, but there's also stuff to do. The livingroom includes plenty of personal touches with decor and the furniture pieces; some self-made, some from their past.
    (The empty wall will not be there at all in the complete house so that's why I left it empty.)
    I had a specific Scandinavian-ish aesthetic in my mind, so that's part of the reason why there's a lot of cc.
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: All CC by Severinka_ and Madlen. Each piece is linked below the respective image, but imgur botched the links in image decriptions. All cc used in the house and this room can be found here, if it's easier: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/home/leaving?allowTrusted=1&target=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11S_8E9FhMmq1_dWGBORFG5wKB9hwzysytK4G6RHZWVU/edit?usp=sharing
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    Bird's eye view:
    i106IwJ.png

View of half of the room:
    MYpLpvz.png
  • Options
    SIM ENTRY FORM
    ORIGIN ID: Healthsims
    LEVEL:
    HOUSEHOLD: Peura (Johannes and Maria Peura)
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/aiYDqym
    ENTRY DETAILS: Johannes Peura is having more and more health issues, so his nurse niece Maria Peura decided to step up and move in to help as he gets older, and his health worsens. Their tastes and opinions don't always match, but they don't have to- they love and respect each other, and that's all they need. Joni Peura, Johannes's brother and Maria's father, can also be seen, but he doesn't belong to the household.

I'm very heavily picturing them as Finnish or at the very least Scandinavian, so that influences them and their house a lot :)
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Sure
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Johannes's walking cane CC by HistoricalSimsLife (no other cc used) http://historicalsimslife.blogspot.com/2017/01/ts4-walking-canes-sticks.html
    SPACE FOR PICTURES: (No more than 2 please)

Johannes Peura and his niece Maria
    cY55HN3.png

Johannes, Maria and Johannes' brother / Maria's father Joni in the kitchen and dining area of the house
    gfklFqZ.png
  • Options
    WildlingWildling Posts: 92 Member
    FORUM ID: @Wildling
    ORIGIN ID: mandacaju
    LEVEL: First entry in years, can get help here
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: 13 Acacia Avenue
    NEW LOT LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E2947C00FD9C4BF59E0AA3CF855886FE
    LOT COST: 4,000
    GALLERY COST: 118,075
    TOTAL COST: 122,075

LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/KeqgUH1
    ENTRY DETAILS:

Adapted for wheelchair:

All house:
    - Sliding pocket double doors
    - Maneuver space, mapped in last picture
    - No stairs
    - Pool with ramp
    - Plenty of storage space
    - Open living area
    - Wooden floors, no carpet in the communal areas

Delshad's room:
    - Raised wardrobe and sink
    - Low hangers
    - Double desk
    - Rolling chairs
    - Barrier-free wet area in the bathroom
    - Bathroom handrails
    - Bed with protection against fall

SPACE FOR PICTURES:

NXSVP81.png
    Jbepubg.png
  • Options
    AaleynAaleyn Posts: 301 Member
    ROOM ENTRY FORM
    FORUM ID: Aaleyn
    ORIGIN ID: Aaleyn
    LEVEL: Starting Out
    ROOM: Name: Living room - BNS177
    GALLERY LINK: https://www.ea.com/en-au/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/DB47C3E2EAA845D4972AD42AE45556C8?category=rooms&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=weekly&searchquery=Aaleyn&max=50&maxis=false
    GALLERY COST: 14,975
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/qWiLWhy
    ENTRY DETAILS: I have designed a living room for the Kaur family. The room is spacious and cozy: a nice place for the family to spend time together and Delshad can also spend time here with friends. There is storage space, and there are fun activities that Delshad can do while seated. The layout has been planned so that it's easy to move around here with a wheelchair and there is carpeted floor, which is also nice and suitable material for a wheelchair. More details are described in the slideshow.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: -
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    KcYcwXY.png
    ZkFEins.png
    "Where words fail, music speaks" ~ Hans Christian Andersen ♥*♥*♥ My Gallery ID: Aaleyn
  • Options
    BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    BNS #177 A Home for Everyone is now closed!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2023
    WNyiPH7.jpg
    Welcome to another Fall Designer showdown! Last fall, we focused ont he spooky side of fall. This fall, it’s time for the Harvest! The little farmhouse and barn below need a lot of work if they’re going to be ready for the harvest!
    https://athena.thesims.com/v2/images/1/0x000016ed/CEF06456-737F-4D39-A24B-E96CDD78AB31/00.jpg
    Gallery Link
    Your job is to get them all fixed up. Crops need to be planted too - any type you like. Feature fall colors throughout the build and landscaping - yellows, oranges, golds, copprrs, browns, purples, greens, soft blues - all the colors you see when you look outside in the fall. Take inspiration from fall leaves. As usual, there are no pack requirements, so you if you don’t have Cottage Living or Horse Ranch, it can be a crop farm only. For those with either pack, we expect to see at least one type of livestock and/or a horse.
    You can change the siding, fences, columns, roofing, doors, interior and exterior stairs and windows. You can change the wall and foundation height, but don’t move the house’s exterior walls. The porch itself stays as is. You can change interior walls, railings and fences. Farmhouse loft: Only change it if keeping it unchanged messes up your plans for the build. Barn: Can be moved, rotated, recolored, and resized as needed. Roofing can be changed.

The Brief:
    Budget: $250,000
    Lot size: 40x30 or larger. Note: if you use a big 64x64 lot, a pond stocked with fish is encouraged.
    Finish both the barn and the farmhouse in fall colors. Screenshots can be taken in fall, but remember to include some in summer so we can see the landscaping in full bloom. The farmhouse needsat least 3 bedrooms and 2 and a half baths, a kitchen, living room, dining room, and laundry. A basement may be added. Yes, debug and cc items that fit the theme are allowed.
    Landscape! Remember, fall colors only. Shade trees, bushes and flowers are all fine, but this is a working farm, so it needs lots of crops and space for livestock if they’re included.
    You can decorate the house and yard for fall or a specific holiday if you like, but it’s not required.

The Sim Challenge: None this time.
    The Room Challenge: None this time.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns178 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Tuesdaty, 31st October, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.
    Post edited by BuildnShare on
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited October 2023
    WNyiPH7.jpg
    Welcome to another Fall Designer showdown! Last fall, we focused ont he spooky side of fall. This fall, it’s time for the Harvest! The little farmhouse and barn below need a lot of work if they’re going to be ready for the harvest!
    https://athena.thesims.com/v2/images/1/0x000016ed/CEF06456-737F-4D39-A24B-E96CDD78AB31/00.jpg
    Your job is to get them all fixed up. Crops need to be planted too - any type you like. Feature fall colors throughout the build and landscaping - yellows, oranges, golds, copprrs, browns, purples, greens, soft blues - all the colors you see when you look outside in the fall. Take inspiration from fall leaves. As usual, there are no pack requirements, so you if you don’t have Cottage Living or Horse Ranch, it can be a crop farm only. For those with either pack, we expect to see at least one type of livestock and/or a horse.
    You can change the siding, fences, columns, roofing, doors, interior and exterior stairs and windows. You can change the wall and foundation height, but don’t move the house’s exterior walls. The porch itself stays as is. You can change interior walls, railings and fences. Farmhouse loft: Only change it if keeping it unchanged messes up your plans for the build. Barn: Can be moved, rotated, recolored, and resized as needed. Roofing can be changed.

The Brief:
    Budget: $250,000
    Lot size: 40x30 or larger. Note: if you use a big 64x64 lot, a pond stocked with fish is encouraged.
    Finish both the barn and the farmhouse in fall colors. Screenshots can be taken in fall, but remember to include some in summer so we can see the landscaping in full bloom. The farmhouse needsat least 3 bedrooms and 2 and a half baths, a kitchen, living room, dining room, and laundry. A basement may be added. Yes, debug and cc items that fit the theme are allowed.
    Landscape! Remember, fall colors only. Shade trees, bushes and flowers are all fine, but this is a working farm, so it needs lots of crops and space for livestock if they’re included.
    You can decorate the house and yard for fall or a specific holiday if you like, but it’s not required.

The Sim Challenge: None this time.
    The Room Challenge: None this time.

Remember to include the hashtag #bns178 with your build or it will not be judged! Entries are due by Tuesdaty, 31st October, 2023, 23:5:59 New York Time/EST.

You gave us a link to a picture. Where can we download the farm, please?

edit: Never mind, I found it.
    https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/CEF06456737F4D39A24BE96CDD78AB31?category=all&searchtype=hashtag&sortby=downloads&time=all&searchquery=bns178&max=50&maxis=false
  • Options
    MaryKupMaryKup Posts: 119 Member
    There is an extra fence rail on the back porch next to an exterior wall, can we get rid of it?
  • Options
    MaryKup wrote: »
    There is an extra fence rail on the back porch next to an exterior wall, can we get rid of it?

Oops, sorry about that.Yes, you can!
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    TwtyBrd0707TwtyBrd0707 Posts: 102 Member
    Haven't been on here for a while. I'm going to try and give it a go 😊
  • Options
    It's been awhile and I can't remember if we are allowed to use NoCC gallery art or not, or if I just have to have a sim paint or take photos if I want additional art.
  • Options
    It's been awhile and I can't remember if we are allowed to use NoCC gallery art or not, or if I just have to have a sim paint or take photos if I want additional art.

You can do it whichever way you want. I know @AlJay tends to make her own art. I almost always use the gallery, have occasionally had sims take pictures, and even use debug pictures. Sim photos tend to get counted as cc though.
    image.png
  • Options
    IvyRowenIvyRowen Posts: 47 Member
    ...I've been away for quite a while. I am going to try to give this a go. Sounds challenging yet fun.
    “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” —Barbara De Angelis

My Gallery
  • Options
    EVxjqb3.png
    Attention Master Entrants for #173 - Friends from College
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    Thanks @SimTresa :)
  • Options
    Thanks @SimTresa :)

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • Options
    fcuRqPI.png
    Attention Starting Out Entrants for #176 - For the Family
    Your results are now available here

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • Options
    iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    Is there a way to get crops planted other than having a sim plant them? If there are crop plants in debug, I am not finding them. Thanks for the help!
  • Options
    iampes23 wrote: »
    Is there a way to get crops planted other than having a sim plant them? If there are crop plants in debug, I am not finding them. Thanks for the help!

There are a couple of debug giant crops that you can put on the plots that came with Cottage Living, but otherwise no. You'll need a sim on the lot to do the planting. Careful though, waiting for the plants to be harvestable will increase your lot cost.
    image.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top