Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's Your Sims' Lifespan?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member
    Custom
    I use MCCC with the following settings. I play rotationally with aging on in current household only but I will turn aging off now and then for the purposes of storytelling.

Newborn 3
    Infant 14
    Toddler 14
    Child 28
    Teen 28
    YA 56
    Adult 70
    Elder 56
    Total 269
  • Options
    jamie2112jamie2112 Posts: 86 Member
    Long
    Long, I like being able to make use out of every day for each Sim by focusing on skills, hobbies and relationships.
    Gallery/EA ID: xh0neybucket | Sims 3 Exchange: jamiemarie2112 | Simblr: xh0neybucketsims | Melvins rule, you do not.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited October 2023
    None
    None, I play all sims in my save at some point
    and age them up myself when I feel like its good timing for that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 332 Member
    None
    None, because I don't play with aging on. I age my sims up when I'm ready. I've tried turning it on quite recently, but I ran into a few problems (due to mods) so I turned it off again. When I did turn it on, I played on Long.
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    Normal
    my sim is a young adult mermaid named kipper and she has a baby named arnold
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    None
    none since i keep aging fully turn off and my sims living forever
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    Long
    I do a very loose calculation of just how old my Sims are. I decided Erik was seventeen when I began this save. Being that it took three Terms at University for them to graduate, I calculated each term as one year. Which means, Erik was twenty years old when he and Kayleigh got married in 2279. Jamison came along in 2280. I've just now gotten around to making a chart for myself to help me keep track. Once all four seasons have completed (and my season's are set for 14 days), then everyone will 'age up'. Erik will become 37, since he's 36 currently. When the game ages them up, I shall have to work out just what age they are then.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    ALazySimmerALazySimmer Posts: 16 Member
    Long
    I have a custom built off the long lifespan:

newborns- 5
    Infants- 15
    toddlers 20
    Children 40
    Preteen 40 /Teens 40 (Technically the Teen stage is 80 sim days, but half of that is the pre-teen trait/stage)
    young adult 120
    adult 125
    elder 80

I don't mess with pregnancy, beyond pausing pregnancy for the families in my rotation *if* I care about naming the baby. I have a rotation where I play multiple families and so I like to be there when new babies are born but otherwise I do like my families aging/getting older and even being surprised by a birthday. But I don't want it to happen too fast and I found normal was too short for my rotation. It was fine when I had 4 familes, but now I have like 6-8 in various levels of roatation management. I like my kids to have grandparents. Grandparents are really useful for managing large households and I like large households, so I don't want grandparents dropping dead too fast.
  • Options
    keene61keene61 Posts: 259 Member
    Long
    I have found the long lifespan works best for my attention span. It's long enough that I can do everything I want, and I normally age up before the end of the life stage most of the time (except for toddlers, I love the milestones).
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Custom
    2 days babies/5 days infants/7 days toddlers/10 days children/ 14 days teens/ 35 days young adults/14 days adults/10 days elders. But I also play with aging off for played households.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    Custom
    Only my played households age so I can have all the townies around when I want them to interact with. Like Sims 2. What length lifespan I play on varies, depending on how I feel or what I'm doing. I age Sims up myself whenever I feel like it.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    SimmingBee90SimmingBee90 Posts: 24 Member
    Of the life spans available, long suits me best for my goals when I play. Also, if its not too much of a bother will some of you guys please "like" my comments so that I can share my building creativity here? Thank you! :)
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    None
    I have like 6 or 7 saves; one of them has aging on (and set to fast), the rest of them have aging turned off