Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Hustle Negative thoughts

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member

It's just not my theme.

Paranormal was such a great Stuff Pack that was right up my alley. First I was hoping for a faires gamepack but the expansion for the fall looks like something for houses and now a Stuff Pack for making waffles and pizza. I love my little wafflemaker in my real life home that makes heartshaped waffles just like in the pack. We usually eat waffles with skagenröra but salmon looks good. It just wasn't what I was hoping for in the game. Oh well, I still haven't explored the Werewolf pack really, I just ragequit after the Highschool pack came out. I just haven't found the right sim and story for it yet. Oh well.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I agree, the pizza oven is not-so-great looking. I get its a contemporary styled oven, but a brick pizza oven like TS3 offered would've been really nice.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited September 2023
    My gripe is seeing a few people here and there calling the mixer a blender. :lol:
    But this is a sims version of a mixer. Seems they didn't have too much time to include more appliances. Hard to tell from the trailer what's going on @ 1:04. RL fancy mixers have an attachment to shred/slice but it screws onto the front.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,609 Member
    plumboy23 wrote: »
    I have a concern, for what I've seen, the blender makes prepped ingredients that you use for later plates, but I fear you can't just click Cook...something (a cake) and your sim will not use the blender, just will do the old way.. You know? Like the blender is not integrated with the oven

What do you think?

@plumboy23 If youre taking about the trailer for the new pack, that is a stand mixer- can be used for cakes, and breads. I really wanted blenders in the game for smoothies but it probably should be a base game update or with fitness stuff.

I saw her blending ingredients like a food processer in it- not what that's used for.
  • Options
    My negative critique- I would never buy food from someone selling it on a table. It's usually on a food truck. How long has the food been sitting there unrefrigerated and uncooked. Usually you set up a stand for a work day at least 8 hours. The portable waffle makers and pizza ovens are battery operated?!!! You really need a food truck. There is already something that looks like it in game, in the werewolf's pack- the bar at the lot. That would be perfect.

Other than that I can't wait because waffles, pizza are my favorite foods. I want to see if I can set up a pizzeria on the ground floor of a apartment building, and even sell pies at Hendford on Bagley.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Well... The only "negative" thing I can say about it is that I personally don't care much about its theme. I think we have enough food in the game, don't need any more recipes, because as long as we don't get food likes and dislikes, they all serve the same purpose.

This is how I feel. I haven't played the game for a few weeks as it happens but I have no interest in a cooking-themed pack. Then again, my PC has been so erratic lately I've felt that buying new content isn't a good idea for me right now, even though I do like the thought of having horses in my game.

At this point, only certain fantasy or historical content could persuade me to buy a new pack. And back to sitting in my corner now.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I hope they integrate all the new dishes with Dine Out so we can serve waffles and new pizza recipes in our restaurants. Also, there's quite a lot of tables and seats around Tartosa and San Sequoia neighbourhoods, would be nice if they made them useable, so we could plop the new food stand around there and have sims use the neighbourhood tables for eating. I wonder if we can sell both single servings and the group dish. Hope we can use this stand to sell ice cream and popcorn. Speaking of popcorn, some more flavours would be nice too.

LeucosiaX wrote: »
    My negative critique- I would never buy food from someone selling it on a table. It's usually on a food truck. How long has the food been sitting there unrefrigerated and uncooked. Usually you set up a stand for a work day at least 8 hours. The portable waffle makers and pizza ovens are battery operated?!!! You really need a food truck. There is already something that looks like it in game, in the werewolf's pack- the bar at the lot. That would be perfect.

Other than that I can't wait because waffles, pizza are my favorite foods. I want to see if I can set up a pizzeria on the ground floor of a apartment building, and even sell pies at Hendford on Bagley.

A food truck would still need to be connected to electricity and running water in order to be operational and for hygiene reasons there is usually one person doing the cooking and another attending the cash register. I guess you could build something resembling a food truck and place the food stand there if it seems more reasonable for you. But with the open food stand you can at least see how the food is prepared, stored, etc.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Depends on the kind of food table. In Oxford there is a multi-day open air flea market, part merchandise and part food. The food vendors are in what looks a lot like the food stalls in TS4, where everything is cooking on site so is fresh on the scene. The one in the pack seems to be of the cook at home, sell elsewhere, variety - which means there is no way for the prospective buyer to know how long it has been out there. So I agree with LeucosiaX's view.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Depends on the kind of food table. In Oxford there is a multi-day open air flea market, part merchandise and part food. The food vendors are in what looks a lot like the food stalls in TS4, where everything is cooking on site so is fresh on the scene. The one in the pack seems to be of the cook at home, sell elsewhere, variety - which means there is no way for the prospective buyer to know how long it has been out there. So I agree with LeucosiaX's view.

There are the mixing bowl and the pizza oven, you can see them in the trailer on each side of the food stand, so the food can most certainly be cooked there. You can cook it there if you want to or cook at home in fancy kitchen and sell it at the food stand before it spoils. :smiley:
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited September 2023

Do sims really care about that though? As long it’s ‘good’ or better. They will probably have the time for expiration too
  • Options
    DaiyuDaiyu Posts: 771 Member
    Cooking and gardening is soooo over done. We have so much of that content already!!

I would like some expansion for my artistic sims, the musicians and the painters. A variety musical instruments, and bands!! Not every artist is a painter, what about sculpting and multi-media etc etc. There is so much content that could be created for those types of sims. I hate how they all just paint the same thing over and over and over.... They're ARTISTS!!!

And sporty sims... there's like one sport that every sim has to join as a career. And the career ladder makes absolutely zero sense.

There is just such a lack of variety and attention to details that drives me crazy. For longevity in the game, a variety of career options within the careers would be so welcome. Expanding and paying attention to what we are lacking instead of just churning out ANOTHER kitchen based set.

*SIGH*
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I don’t care about career ladders of rabbit hole jobs. They are all the same anyway. The sims just disappear for a while then come back later and I am notified of their pay. They dress in different clothes and gain different skills, but it’s just basically the same. I prefer the active jobs so I can see what my sims are doing.

I also love getting more kitchen sets and gardening plants.

I’m with you on more musical instruments for bands and sculpturing though. I would also like to see more sports specifically tennis and water skiing added.

• Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited October 2023
    My fear came true :(
    Post edited by plumboy23 on
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    While I like that the sims don't stand and wait for the pizza. I wish that they would wait by the stand mixer and maybe the waffles. I just don't think it's very realistic.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Not enough off-the-grid kitchen appliances & lights. :'(
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Eh, I'd like to be excited about the return of stuff packs, but I wish the theme was more unique/new, since we've already had Cool Kitchen. The pack feels like it mostly boils down to three appliances which don't feel that groundbreaking, gameplay wise.

I think for me it'll depend on what the CAS & build/buy include. The game already has a plethora of aprons and I'm not fond of too-themed CAS (like Cats & Dogs including pawprints on almost every rug, curtain and clothing item) so pizza earrings and whisk necklaces aren't a big draw.

Overall, it's not the worst concept for a pack, just doesn't feel super exciting.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @SERVERFA I agree. Definitely need more off-the-grid items, especially the lamps. We have quite a few that would fit the theme, look similar to kerosene style lamps, but they require power. I need more! I love playing with simple living and off-the-grid!
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited September 2023
    Did they really not add the new pizza's to the pizza delivery menu??? 😭

This sadden's me with that oversight. I see there is a special Alien Pizza to be made if you have an alien harvestable, but was hopeful they'd do a Plasma one but don't see that.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    I think we've been spoiled by Paranormal Stuff. While I'm mostly pleased with the new stuff pack, it still doesn't compare to the content we got in the last one. But I really appreciate it nonetheless, suck it, kits!
  • Options
    SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    I thought next to San Sequoia theatre would be a nice area for a pop-up restaurant but there's some game limitations.

I wish it was easier to set-up a pop-up restaurant outside of the lot. I don't want to have to download the tool mod. I had to put the display in my sims inventory and have him place it in the world because when you are in build mode you can't place things outside of the lot. Then there's no trash cans in that area by the theatre for my costumers. You can't put the trash cans in the inventory for the sims to place it in the world.

I wish our sims could play from the costumer's point of view too, like you can pay for a bartender. I wish the sells display had an autonomous option for work clothing because I don't see my sims wearing the aprons unless they are cooking or selling food at the pop up restaurants.

09-28-23-11-30-42-AM.png

I also wish that appliances and televisions had a rain resistance upgrade. I have an outdoor park theatre in Magnolia. I know it sounds like it doesn't make sense for electronics to work in the rain but I want this to be a new upgrade feature in a patch.
  • Options
    I'm afraid the food looks so good it's going to make me hungry while playing.
  • Options
    wildflower42wildflower42 Posts: 37 Member
    One dislike I've come across with this pack is how the some objects come pre-cluttered to the degree of not being able to decorate them yourself. Personally, pre-cluttered objects can be fine, as long as they don't take over the entire surface. In this case, several objects included are pre-cluttered too much to my liking, so I can't make too much use of them.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,975 Member
    edited September 2023
    SnaveXs wrote: »
    I thought next to San Sequoia theatre would be a nice area for a pop-up restaurant but there's some game limitations.

I wish it was easier to set-up a pop-up restaurant outside of the lot. I don't want to have to download the tool mod. I had to put the display in my sims inventory and have him place it in the world because when you are in build mode you can't place things outside of the lot. Then there's no trash cans in that area by the theatre for my costumers. You can't put the trash cans in the inventory for the sims to place it in the world.

I wish our sims could play from the costumer's point of view too, like you can pay for a bartender. I wish the sells display had an autonomous option for work clothing because I don't see my sims wearing the aprons unless they are cooking or selling food at the pop up restaurants.

09-28-23-11-30-42-AM.png

I also wish that appliances and televisions had a rain resistance upgrade. I have an outdoor park theatre in Magnolia. I know it sounds like it doesn't make sense for electronics to work in the rain but I want this to be a new upgrade feature in a patch.

I too want this to work. I have an Drive in theatre in Oasis Springs. I know we don’t have cars, but I have fake cars, with some lawn chairs sitting beside, or in front of the cars/trucks so sims can sit to watch. I have it marked as a bar. So people do frequent the snack bar, I also have a popcorn popper, ice cream machine, coffee machine, and spa day stuff fridge there. Outside, I also have a jungle gym for children and a toddler slide.

I also have an outdoor theater set up at granite falls at the national park, and it’s always raining there and breaking it.

I too would also like to be able to play from the customers point of view wiith the chefs pack table. I love the eco living marketplace because my sim can buy things from the stalls, I guess I will have to see if that works with this table in a market place. I hope they made it compatible with that pack.
  • Options
    ULIBABA66ULIBABA66 Posts: 2,038 Member
    So many fires in my Sims' kitchen happening all the time and my Sims have like the highest Cooking skill wat? :open_mouth: I want to enjoy this stuff pack and cooking in-game but whenever I open the Cook... menu it freezes for like 5 seconds :cry: