Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like some utilities stuff?

• Services meter (electricity, gas, water)
  • Internet routers
  • Propane tanks
  • Fuse/breaker box
  • Air conditioner units
  • Water heaters/boilers

Would you like some utilities stuff? 45 votes

Yes with gameplay, more realism
48%
GoodywoodMsMaykeekee53ULIBABA66heiblumefriendlysimmersluthienrisingDaiyujoleacoEnkiSchmidtBriana2425OceancatSERVERFRALady_Balloracody6268Flikka_FlikkaMak27skipmollie1998Tiffers3383 22 votes
Yes but without gameplay, just decoration
15%
lisamwittg01denswanAnneli112GlacierSnowSiggDiggitArarinecelysims 7 votes
I'm a PC player, I can download mods
0%
I'm not intrested
35%
redrogue60PlayerSinger2010haneulMariefoxprice83SavorySageNinja-Dan22annaliese39FreezerBunnyCowplantBehappy1stSimskristaSeashoreLiviaRememberJoySimmingalKimmerHavenRoseLeucosiaX 16 votes

Comments

• Options
    ChungyChungy Posts: 36 Member
    I guess that would be neat. Not exactly my cup of tea, but more gameplay is always a plus. I'd probably want it to be something we can disable at any time though. It would be ideal if they're part of a base game update or a refresh for a pack like Eco Lifestyle, Seasons, or City Living.
    Tune into Chungytoon on YouTube - a community for a variety of gaming and internet shenanigans including content from The Sims franchise.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Not so keen on services meters, but I like the idea that my internet might go down or have limits that restrict what my Sims can do, that I might be able to more finely control what's available for heating and cooling (one-room window airconditioners, working radiators that aren't CC). More things that need repair when they go down can be hit-or-miss depending on how frequently it happens, though.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    _DelilahsRose__DelilahsRose_ Posts: 274 Member
    I think if they incorporated more in-depth careers/career options and paths-this would come in handy! & be a great idea!
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I'm not intrested
    That just sounds like more stuff that takes up room for stuff I'll actually use.
  • Options
    Tiffers3383Tiffers3383 Posts: 3 New Member
    I totally hope I'm not the only one!! I would LOVE to see a couple spiral style stair cases added and or a way curve the pre-existing in more ways than just the boring 90' angle. Maybe even carpeted stair options.
  • Options
    Flikka_FlikkaFlikka_Flikka Posts: 436 Member
    I didn't even have to look to see who posted this thread. :)
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,357 Member
    Yes but without gameplay, just decoration
    I guess this is my answer. The only one of those items I would want to be functional is the air conditioner unit (if it worked the way the heaters work in Snowy Escape). The rest I'd love to have as decor for visual detail and ambiance, but I don't want them breaking or needing any attention and interfering with what I'm doing in the game. That would just annoy me.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited September 2023
    I'm not intrested
    I'm okay with what we have in Eco Lifestyle. The pack (or base game?) already measures power/water and allows for generators. I don't mind the heating/cooling system that we already have either. I don't want to complicate it more with Internet charges.
  • Options
    Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,116 Member
    I didn't even have to look to see who posted this thread. :)

Until we got utilities I won't stop
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    More realism will be very nice wow
  • Options
    MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    edited September 2023
    It would be cool not only we need utilities stuff, but adding a new Plumbing service or active Plumbing Career (maybe Plumbing Freelance career) feature in the sims 4. I would like sims to be able to begun a Plumbers to go by helping sims fixing any broken utilities stuff in their homes for making money.