Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Hustle Negative thoughts

This is Home Hustle the negative thoughts thread.

Comments

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    I think it looks kinda cool! Though I think a home-catering career would've been better where you get order requests with deadlines and then you like box up all the food and "deliver" it into a rabbit hole or something. And also a blender would've made sense, to make smoothies and maybe like, more baby food or something haha.
  • Options
    plumboy23plumboy23 Posts: 134 Member
    edited September 2023
    I have a concern, for what I've seen, the blender makes prepped ingredients that you use for later plates, but I fear you can't just click Cook...something (a cake) and your sim will not use the blender, just will do the old way.. You know? Like the blender is not integrated with the oven

What do you think?
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I am very excited about this pack and will definitely buy it right away. My only little bit of sadness is that I think the small, modern pizza oven is probably the final nail in the coffin for any hope of getting an old-fashioned brick pizza oven that comes in a pack with an Italian/Mediterranean world. Of course, I kind of expected that dream was dead anyway, since nectar-making was thrown in with horses.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    There's no Toaster & no Crockpot. :'( That's all the negative thoughts on Home Hustle I can think of. :o
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    I am very excited about this pack and will definitely buy it right away. My only little bit of sadness is that I think the small, modern pizza oven is probably the final nail in the coffin for any hope of getting an old-fashioned brick pizza oven that comes in a pack with an Italian/Mediterranean world. Of course, I kind of expected that dream was dead anyway, since nectar-making was thrown in with horses.

I think the Sims team posted that the wonderful outdoor oven from Jungle Adventures will become funktional as well.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Lol @alanmichael1 :D

My negative thought: the pizza oven is ugly as sin. I used to love the one in TS3 so much that sometimes I would place it even if I didn't use it, just cos it looked so good.
  • Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    My negative thoughts:

Weird looking spaceship pizza oven thingy..... I'll use it of course, but I won't like using it. :D

Are those Croc shoes....? Noooooooooooooo! :scream:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    The pack is okay. But two things.

1. I'd thought that EA/Maxis had gotten over the severely low-poly, poorly textured objects. Recent objects have been so much better than when the game first released. As a result, Hustle and Bustle feels like backsliding. The wallpaper is especially muddy and blurry. Why?

2. It would have been nice to see something other than kitchen stuff, recipes, and yet another sale table. There are so many other themes that haven't been touched since launch -- pool activities, for example. I don't know, I just wish that EA/Maxis would pick a theme, make one great pack then, move on. That would be so much better than the sporadic drips and drops of the same themes, over and over.

Possible ideas:
    • Pools: slides, fountains, pool bar, Marco Polo, splash wars, functional lanes, a regular diving board, super soakers.
    • Open water activities: kayak, paddle board, surfing.
    • Mainly for the kiddies/teens: skateboards, hopscotch, Double Dutch/jump rope, butterfly/firefly collecting, sidewalk chalk drawings, kite flying, model train kits, RC vehicles, push and pedal vehicles for toddlers.
    • A hobby pack: sewing, sculpting, a pottery wheel, glass blowing, jewelry-making, furniture restoration, car restoration, detailed model building -- airplanes, trains, cars. ships in a bottle.
    • Music: drum kit, electric bass, electric guitar, wind instruments, etc., and the ability to form anything from a garage band to a classical quartet.

Please consider these ideas, or any others, that have barely been touched in TS4 (if at all).

Agree about pools. What do you mean by Super Soakers? Also Pool Waterfalls need adding.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    No negative point against the pack itself, but the official German title "Lukrative Hobbyküchen-Accessoires-Pack" (Lucrative hobby kitchen accessories pack) has just won the platinum raspberry for being the subterraneously worst name in the history of videogaming.

The award ceremony will take place in Del Sol Valley on Sunday, 7 pm, if the doorkeeper lets me in.

I assume this will be a standing-room-only ceremony, as is tradition.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member

Agree about pools. What do you mean by Super Soakers? Also Pool Waterfalls need adding.

Oh. Thank you for catching my mistake. I typed fountains, but what I meant was waterfalls, yes.

Super Soakers is a brand name for water pistols. This version draws water directly from the pool:
    d5OFZ3H.jpg

I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,578 Member
    No negative point against the pack itself, but the official German title "Lukrative Hobbyküchen-Accessoires-Pack" (Lucrative hobby kitchen accessories pack) has just won the platinum raspberry for being the subterraneously worst name in the history of videogaming.

The award ceremony will take place in Del Sol Valley on Sunday, 7 pm, if the doorkeeper lets me in.

I assume this will be a standing-room-only ceremony, as is tradition.

Oh wow, is standing during Award ceremonies really still a thing in Vanilla Gameplay? I'm afraid I haven't checked that without mods for a while.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited September 2023
    Nothing real negative - kitchen and cooking stuff wouldn't be my first choice if you would ask me for a pack theme. But I'm happy for all those who look forward to this pack.

Did you ever come across the "Britechester Pfiffikusse" (= Britechester Spirit Squad in English)? That's also a pretty creative German translation :lol:
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Nothing real negative - kitchen and cooking stuff wouldn't be my first choice if you would ask me for a pack theme. But I'm happy for all those who look forward to this pack.

Did you ever come across the "Britechester Pfiffikusse" (= Britechester Spirit Squad in English)? That's also a pretty creative German translation :lol:

No, I never noticed that 😁😁.

Pfiffikus is however a very cute and nostalgic word.

The problem with the lucrative hobby kitchens was probably that there is no real German equivalent for "Hustle". I noticed that already with the new Spa Day aspirations which also used that word and resulted in a strange translation.

And even far, far worse is the fact that there is also no fitting German word for "stuff" which forces EA to zu use the bizarre French substitute "Accessoires". All German alternatives are either boring and pale (Sachen, 🐸🐸🐸🐸, Ausstattung) or explicitely negative (Krempel, Kram, Zeug). It would be interesting to know if other languages have similar problems.
  • Options
    PandoraTOPandoraTO Posts: 438 Member
    edited September 2023
    And even far, far worse is the fact that there is also no fitting German word for "stuff" which forces EA to zu use the bizarre French substitute "Accessoires". All German alternatives are either boring and pale (Sachen, 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸, Ausstattung) or explicitely negative (Krempel, Kram, Zeug). It would be interesting to know if other languages have similar problems.

I also thought it was weird that they borrowed a French word for "stuff. "What about "🐸🐸🐸🐸" ("things")? Too boring?
    Gallery ID: PandoraTO
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Well... The only "negative" thing I can say about it is that I personally don't care much about its theme. I think we have enough food in the game, don't need any more recipes, because as long as we don't get food likes and dislikes, they all serve the same purpose. I love pizza and always wished for sims to be able to make their own, so I'll get the pack for the pizza oven eventually. But other than that, there doesn't seem to be anything in it that I need.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited September 2023
    I agree @Cynna ! I miss the way the sims 3 did packs tbh. Like, I didn't mind getting new swatches of already in-pack objects in The sims 3 store because the main focus of the EPs were so vast and fully covered a theme, that those objects were so miniscule when it came to new gameplay. With TS4, they break up themes into micro themes? which sucks. And sometime objects become a huge part of gameplay with TS4 packs because new gameplay is so minimal.

A poolside or water activities SP would be awesome! It could offer some new stuff and then maybe new swatches of already in-game objects. Kayaking sounds so fun! I feel like after Island Living, they completely abandoned ocean activities, which is a shame. Especially because a one-sim boat is absolutely boring. It'd be nice to get a 4-sim fishing boat/speed boat like TS3 IP pack offered.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member

And even far, far worse is the fact that there is also no fitting German word for "stuff" which forces EA to zu use the bizarre French substitute "Accessoires". All German alternatives are either boring and pale (Sachen, 🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸, Ausstattung) or explicitely negative (Krempel, Kram, Zeug). It would be interesting to know if other languages have similar problems.

The filter makes this ordinary word more interesting now. 🙃
  • Options
    PandoraTO wrote: »

I also thought it was weird that they borrowed a French word for "stuff. "What about "🐸🐸🐸🐸🐸" ("things")? Too boring?

"Things" are too provocative 😁🤩.

"Einrichtungs-Pack“ ("Furnishings“) would be ok, but perhaps it was too close to "Erweiterungs-Pack“ (Expansion Pack).
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited September 2023
    Coconut27 wrote: »
    I agree @Cynna ! I miss the way the sims 3 did packs tbh. Like, I didn't mind getting new swatches of already in-pack objects in The sims 3 store because the main focus of the EPs were so vast and fully covered a theme, that those objects were so miniscule when it came to new gameplay. With TS4, they break up themes into micro themes? which sucks. And sometime objects become a huge part of gameplay with TS4 packs because new gameplay is so minimal.

A poolside or water activities SP would be awesome! It could offer some new stuff and then maybe new swatches of already in-game objects. Kayaking sounds so fun! I feel like after Island Living, they completely abandoned ocean activities, which is a shame. Especially because a one-sim boat is absolutely boring. It'd be nice to get a 4-sim fishing boat/speed boat like TS3 IP pack offered.

I agree. I love the way that TS3 handled themes. TS4 seems to keep drawing ideas from the same well. I would also appreciate more multi-Sim activities that don't require sitting around a table or walking along a predetermined path. For a game where complete strangers regularly interrupt private conversations, many of TS4's activities still manage to feel lonely.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,430 Member

No, I never noticed that 😁😁.

Pfiffikus is however a very cute and nostalgic word.

The problem with the lucrative hobby kitchens was probably that there is no real German equivalent for "Hustle". I noticed that already with the new Spa Day aspirations which also used that word and resulted in a strange translation.

In Dutch Stuff packs are also accessory packs (accessoirespakket). Perhaps they could have gone for 'spullen' but since accessoirespakket started in the sims 2 days I have grown used to the name.
    The Home Chef Hustle stuff pack is translated as 'Kokkerellen maar'. Kokkerellen is cooking for fun or cooking with friends. It is a fitting name. Definitely easier to remember than Home Chef Hustle.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Initial thoughts looking at this pack "Oh it's just Cool Kitchen 2.0"

Though they kinda kept with a theme 'Cold' part referring to like ice cream and such, given the sweaters and jackets in CAS.

With this one kinda just seems to revolve more around having items specifically to make homemade pizza. If not for the waffle maker it'd definitely just be a complete pizza theme stuff pack with kitchen stuff.

The stand in the pack I'm sure is just another yard sale table which is in City Living, Jungle Adventure and Eco Living. Now if sims could eat the things they pay for right after that'd be pretty neat.

Been wanting some more different small appliance in the kitchen for a long time and hoping that these won't be like the obsession sims have with the popcorn, ice cream and coffee maker.

The table top oven is kinda...well, bad looking? Pretty bulky and squarish. Thought we've pulled away from that look after so long, plus the texture on the new pizza look even more pixelated than the ones in game.
    5vJrxmT.png