Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle SP (Available 9/28)

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited September 2023
    Finally a baking robot !! It’s nice to have more kitchen clutter (there’s even a scale).

The counters look weird though, I would have preferred a kitchen like Harrie’s coastal kitchen. Also I like the tiles, but I really hope they also included plain swatches of the wall tiles.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 552 Member
    edited September 2023
    I really have to ask: Is selling self-made food at a stand a new mechanic or can we already do this? Will NPCs grab a meal for cash and eat it?

@alanmichael1 as Gordy mentioned, selling things out of your inventory, including home cooked meals, isn't new. Both City Living and Jungle Adventure come with vendor's stalls that you can place in front of your home, stock with inventory, and sell to townies that pass by. They won't eat it right there though. Never tested to see if the food just disappears or if it'll be in their inventory if you play the towny's household.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Eleri wrote: »
    I really have to ask: Is selling self-made food at a stand a new mechanic or can we already do this? Will NPCs grab a meal for cash and eat it?

@alanmichael1 as Gordy mentioned, selling things out of your inventory, including home cooked meals, isn't new. Both City Living and Jungle Adventure come with vendor's stalls that you can place in front of your home, stock with inventory, and sell to townies that pass by. They won't eat it right there though. Never tested to see if the food just disappears or if it'll be in their inventory if you play the towny's household.

Yes, I thought that too. So if NPCs really grabbed single meals out of a group meal for cash and ate them right there like the trailer suggests, that would be quite revolutionary gameplay.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,907 Member
    I believe the difference is that you can place the appliance on the food stand or an adjacent table and cook to order.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,438 Member
    edited September 2023
    Is there any info on the prepped ingredients that could be seen on the updated cooking menu? We know the filters will be base game but what about prepped ingredients? Are prepped ingredients base game or part of this stuff pack. I could imagine the mixer to be involved in prepping ingredients.
    Behind-The-Sims_-A-FIRST-LOOK_-STUFF-PACKS_-THE-LATEST-ON-PROJECT-RENE-3-5-screenshot.jpg
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,394 Member
    I believe the difference is that you can place the appliance on the food stand or an adjacent table and cook to order.

It didn't look like they were cooking to order, and the stand was stocked like the sales table. But if sims will sit there and eat what they bought it would be lovely.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    edited September 2023
    Wow- that would be amazing to have a game within a game, like a mini cooking game. It gives me food truck vibes. Sims could walk up and your sim would have to watch their thought bubble to see what they wanted and then prepare it. They could then get ratings based on how well they served the customer and how well they prepared the food, kind of like the system in Dine Out. Good ratings would mean more customers and higher revenue. That could be really fun.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,024 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »
    Gordy wrote: »
    Defs a Buy Later for me. The appliances are sweet, but selling food at a stall is not new gameplay - we've had that since City Living and could do it with multiple other packs.

Tbh after Paranormal introduced an active career, a new lot type with paranormal activity and multiple difficulty levels, Bonehilda, other special NPCs, a lot of items, a new skill and the fear emotion (also part of base game), this looks lacking.

And I'm worried appliances will be a nightmare, where sims will constantly be drawn to them, like with coffee makers and grills.

I wonder if they're pushing it as a food stand like the ones that started in city living, but that our sims can own. Bc you're right, we have selling tables, like 2 different kinds. So you could have a yard sale, and sell your fizzy juices or whatever.

But nothing that looks more professional. And since they haven't fixed GTW yet (unless I missed that refresh), owning a business still has bugs. So having your own bakery can be a bit harder than it needs to be. Same with restaurants unless you use a mod to fix it .
    Even if you wanted to make cupcakes b4 you needed that ginormous machine just to sell them in your yard.

So I kind of get giving us a slightly more sturdy stand with multiple swatches. It let's you do something inbetween having a business or a restaurant, but have it look nicer.

Still a buy later for me, but definitely a buy. I do want to hear about how it plays with mods, the update, and more. Like if this stand builds the entrepreneur skill. Or its inclusion is tied back to those GTW refresh hints from those signs in a past patch/drop.
    See those are kind of weird issues. We shouldn't need a new bakery system because the GTW's bakery system is broken. And imo, a new stall that looks slightly better, but with relatively the same amount of gameplay, than the ones we already had 3 other packs, isn't a huge selling point. It feels like yet another reskin to me.
    ugMcxZk.jpeg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    UniqueKhaosUniqueKhaos Posts: 470 Member
    I think due to the customization you can do on the food stand, it won’t be the same as selling on one of the 3 yard sale tables that we have now. You can’t specify food types or rename the yard sale tables. For me, this means it will function more like the food stalls we have now/a food truck. Sure you can just pick a food type to sell on those tables and only stock that, but where’s the fun in that? 🙄 Also you can make pizza and waffles while operating the food stand. Can’t do that on the sales table.

I hope we eventually get more small appliances to use with the food stand. I wonder if you can use the drink trays to sell iced tea and lemonade 🤔
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I think they use the idea they had for the ranch entrance, where we could decorate and alter the archway, now for the new selling stand. I think it might be fun adding elements to the stand, matching your offer or your sim's style. Many wall decorations from other packs could be used to decorate the ranch gate, I hope it will be the same with this new object.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,551 Member
    I love cooking in game (hate it irl lol), so I am pleased to have mini appliances, though I wish there was a clay or brick styled pizza oven cos that one is just plain ugly.

I hope the mixer has some point to it, like speeding up the cooking process or producing higher quality results.

Loving the clutter, especially the scales. And the tiles are really nice. It looks like there may be slots in the end kitchen counters for decor, I like that they are doing that more now. And I saw what looks like under-cabinet and under-shelf lighting. Awesome, if that is true. I hope it's not just a case of what I already do, which is using a strip wall light and the ctrl key (or shift key? My mind has gone blank) to place it as close under the cabinet as possible.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,615 Member
    I'm loving this SP and looking forward to it. I just hope my poor laptop doesn't freeze up, should I get it when it comes out. So far, I'm thinking my gaming rig is on hold for the moment. Sniff, sniff.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    I was just thinking about where I want to take my game come January with all the extra time I'll have once the holidays are over, then I see this new SP being announced. Woot! This is awesome news. We're still living in our motorhome while waiting for our home to be ready to move into, and I am so ready for that to happen. Hubby and I will not be hosting any get-togethers this year, and that is fine with me! Our newest update is late November for the house to be completed. But that can always change. I have enough time between now and January to update my game and start using CurseForge to help update all my mods before winter sets in and I can finally relax. It's amazing how excited I am about this SP. And I cannot wait to play my Sims4 again!! <3