Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Home Chef Hustle SP (Available 9/28)

Comments

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    It’s been so long since a Stuff pack, I was expecting kit size content but this is pleasing ☺️
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I hope the other appliances are a stand mixer (for making batter and dough) and a food processor (for preparing veggies, meat and seafood). Would be great if the prepped ingredients don’t spoil (with the fresh chef trait) and can be sold at retail stores as well if we have Get to Work.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    My sims will be eating waffles and pizza a lot. I can see they will be needed to use the gym too. hehe. I hope they add a blender so they can go on a diet soon. I will be buying the SP on release. The other thing I liked about the stream was the lore about Who is Johnny Zest. I think we need an investigative reporter or private investigator. To reach the higest career level you have to crack the mystery/lore of Johnny Zest. Since the team has not revealed any clues.

One other thing I would love to see in the future would be under the counter fridg, washer, dryer, in counter laundry hamper, garbage bins.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    If the release is similar to Paranormal Stuff we could see the release of Home Stuff Hustle on Tuesday September 26.

Paranormal Stuff: 2021
    Tuesday Jan 12-Reveal trailer
    Friday Jan 22-Livestream
    Tuesday Jan 26-Release

Home Stuff Hustle: 2023
    Thursday Sept 14-Reveal trailer
    Friday Sept 22-Livestream
    Tuesday Sept 26-Release

So the 26th is the confirmed date?
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    If the release is similar to Paranormal Stuff we could see the release of Home Stuff Hustle on Tuesday September 26.

Friday Jan 22-Livestream
    Tuesday Jan 26-Release

Tuesday Sept 26-Release

Nothing confirmed yet, just an educated guess. We’ll find out the release date tomorrow after the trailer, I think.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    lemonella wrote: »

Friday Jan 22-Livestream
    Tuesday Jan 26-Release

Tuesday Sept 26-Release

Nothing confirmed yet, just an educated guess. We’ll find out the release date tomorrow after the trailer, I think.

Oh ok. I'm glad you said that cause I was about to put up the official countdown thread. I'll wait on the trailer.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    edited September 2023
    I told you! You scoffed, but I was right! . . .Okay, I don't actually remember anybody scoffing, but still. I predicted that they were keeping the stuff pack format in their back pocket in case a right-sized concept came along.

@Atreya33 I had to google Belgian waffles. In my neck of the woods we just call them waffles. Our term for Nordic waffles is "Call the police! It's a hit and run. Some jerk ran over a waffle."
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Wasn't expecting another stuff pack to be honest.

Or Cool Kitchen 2.0

(Or what I hoped it to be back then when it first released)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Waiting for the trailer to get excited. So far the recipe/cooking menu revamp is great news. Hopefully that's a prepatch thing everyone gets to have.

I've tried cooking mods in the past. They tend to be bulky while breaking often so I decided they weren't for me.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited September 2023
    The whisk earrings and necklace are lovely. I'm happy stuff packs are back, but unsure if I'll buy this - at least not until the milestones bug is fixed.
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    Waiting for the trailer to get excited. So far the recipe/cooking menu revamp is great news. Hopefully that's a prepatch thing everyone gets to have.

I've tried cooking mods in the past. They tend to be bulky while breaking often so I decided they weren't for me.

The cooking recipe update is coming to the base game.
  • Options
    Rococo1256Rococo1256 Posts: 233 Member
    I would love to have a toaster. I have a CC one, but would love to have an official one. A toaster is a very basic, simple appliance, but we still don’t have one in game. I’m hoping this might be one of the appliances in the pack.
    I am GreenRocket on the Gallery.
  • Options
    Rococo1256 wrote: »
    I would love to have a toaster. I have a CC one, but would love to have an official one. A toaster is a very basic, simple appliance, but we still don’t have one in game. I’m hoping this might be one of the appliances in the pack.

A blender also needs to be added for shakes.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 717 Member
    Just watched the trailer- it looks wonderful, very fun, and I'm glad to have a pizza oven again! But I have no idea what the mixer is for lol
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,965 Member
    edited September 2023
    Cool Kitchen called, it wanted to inform Sims Team that Home Chef Hustle is what it wanted to be 👍

I'm happy to see that pizza oven
    and it going on top of most likely all counters in the game instead of being huge machine
    I might want that more than the waffle maker tbh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Mixer looks like it's used for baking and prepared ingredients. (I spotted that in the update screenshot)

...eh. I'll wait for homes in future expansions to invevitably be filled with these appliances and furniture for me to purchase this.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    I’ll have to see what the cabinets look like in game, but it looks like I might FINALLY be able to build my dream kitchen! I’m so excited!! Cool Kitchen has always been one of my favorite packs, so I’m excited for another more updated one, lol.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    edited September 2023
    I really have to ask: Is selling self-made food at a stand a new mechanic or can we already do this? Will NPCs grab a meal for cash and eat it?
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,676 Member
    edited September 2023
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Does the trolley always make that bell sound when it goes past? I just noticed it rang at the end of the trailer.

I am excited that the cupcakes will be freed but I hope they include everything else you can only make with the cupcake machine because it has a ton of exclusive recipes I’d want to make in the oven.

The pack looks good.
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Just seen the trailer, and I am so excited! As usual, I'll be waiting to hear the bugs situation before I purchase, but very much looking forward to this one. :)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Defs a Buy Later for me. The appliances are sweet, but selling food at a stall is not new gameplay - we've had that since City Living and could do it with multiple other packs.

Tbh after Paranormal introduced an active career, a new lot type with paranormal activity and multiple difficulty levels, Bonehilda, other special NPCs, a lot of items, a new skill and the fear emotion (also part of base game), this looks lacking.

And I'm worried appliances will be a nightmare, where sims will constantly be drawn to them, like with coffee makers and grills.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Defs a Buy Later for me. The appliances are sweet, but selling food at a stall is not new gameplay - we've had that since City Living and could do it with multiple other packs.

Tbh after Paranormal introduced an active career, a new lot type with paranormal activity and multiple difficulty levels, Bonehilda, other special NPCs, a lot of items, a new skill and the fear emotion (also part of base game), this looks lacking.

And I'm worried appliances will be a nightmare, where sims will constantly be drawn to them, like with coffee makers and grills.

I wonder if they're pushing it as a food stand like the ones that started in city living, but that our sims can own. Bc you're right, we have selling tables, like 2 different kinds. So you could have a yard sale, and sell your fizzy juices or whatever.

But nothing that looks more professional. And since they haven't fixed GTW yet (unless I missed that refresh), owning a business still has bugs. So having your own bakery can be a bit harder than it needs to be. Same with restaurants unless you use a mod to fix it .
    Even if you wanted to make cupcakes b4 you needed that ginormous machine just to sell them in your yard.

So I kind of get giving us a slightly more sturdy stand with multiple swatches. It let's you do something inbetween having a business or a restaurant, but have it look nicer.

Still a buy later for me, but definitely a buy. I do want to hear about how it plays with mods, the update, and more. Like if this stand builds the entrepreneur skill. Or its inclusion is tied back to those GTW refresh hints from those signs in a past patch/drop.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I like the choice of music for the trailer, the trailer itself almost feels like a music video.

Multiple new kitchen appliances and if the market stand works as well then this looks like a great stuff pack.