Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live Mode Controls Changed

GalaxySimsGirlGalaxySimsGirl Posts: 172 Member
I noticed loading up my game today that the controls for switching between sims and changing game speed have swapped. I understand from the patch notes that this is to align better with CAS controls, but surely seeing as Live Mode is the most played game mode CAS should’ve switched to match Live Mode? Speed buttons are probably my most used buttons (as for many other people), so this shift is really inconvenient.

Also, as far as I remember on Xbox the bumpers were never to change Sim - I believe they were to change the outfit of the Sim/go through the outfit categories (?) so the reason for the change just doesn’t make sense and has created unnecessary, complicated changes in CAS too - now I can’t just flick through outfits, I have to go through the clothes selection menu to see them.

Also, in my mind it doesn’t make much sense to change them after 5 years - feel free to share your own experiences but many of us will be very used to the old controls so changing them is just confusing.

Basically, the update unnecessarily changed key/very convenient controls in both CAS and Live Mode for a reason that just doesn’t make sense given the layout of the old controls. Could it be changed back, or could we at least get an option in game settings to have it the old way or the new way?

(PS no hate on the devs just a thought!)

Comments

• Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    They have listened to our concerns about their BB changes and to fix it have changed our Live Mode controls (that no one has ever complained about).

All that console players have asked for is to revert our controls to the way they have been for years, and to leave them alone!

EA may be listening to us, but they are also ignoring what they hear.
  • Options
    linkypielinkypie Posts: 5 New Member
    I don't understand why they changed the controls for live mode. It was completely fine before.
  • Options
    Honestly, I wish they were more transparent and communicative with us.
  • Options
    linkypie wrote: »
    Honestly, I wish they were more transparent and communicative with us.
    Definitely, there’s nearly 200 people on the feedback thread on Answers HQ begging for the controls to be changed back due to the inconvenience and lack of actual reason for the update (no complaints, CAS controls that they said they were aligning Live Mode to never existed in the first place). Many of us are no longer playing since the update as it is so off-putting, and we have all been saying this since last week (and if you include the BB update, January) with still no acknowledgement or response from the sims team, let alone a fix - if this was PC it would’ve been reverted within a few days max.
  • Options
    Sgt_tychoSgt_tycho Posts: 1 New Member
    I haven't played for a couple of months and it has been driving me insane today when I've loaded into the game - I honestly thought that I had somehow mis-remembered the controls. Thanks to the Sims team for changing something that none of us asked for and most of us have almost 6 years of muscle memory in using, it is genuinely making the game so frustratingly unplayable.
  • Options
    I wonder when can we expect an update for controls as it been over a month. I'm very disappointed. This year wasn't very good for console players. A game that many of us spent hundreds or thousands of dollars is unplayable. Why change something that doesn't need to be fixed. If this was PC, then the issues would be addressed more quickly. I know updates take time though. Dear EA and the Sims team, please do better to listen to the console playerbase. We matter just as much as the PC and Mac playerbase.
  • Options
    BoomeyBoomey Posts: 43 Member
    I’m not sure for other platforms but I am literally on The Sims 4 now and it is working on the XBox console. Specifically the One.

It’s funny because I was irritated with the “new controls” for a week, thugged it out, and got comfortable w/ them. Now I’m struggling to remember the “old controls” again 🤦🏾‍♀️ 🤣
  • Options
    It seems that the recent patch didn't address the console controls issue. I hope it gets addressed soon.
  • Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    What is the current state of the console controls? Have they been changed back yet?

I am playing without updates until it breaks as I would rather play with the old controls.
    Unfortunately this means I can't buy any packs!

Has these been any reasons given for these changes?
  • Options
    What is the current state of the console controls? Have they been changed back yet?

I am playing without updates until it breaks as I would rather play with the old controls.
    Unfortunately this means I can't buy any packs!

Has these been any reasons given for these changes?

@GirlFromIpanema still no changes unfortunately (or updates from the team as far as I’m aware). The reason the team gave when the controls changed was to align live mode controls with existing CAS controls for switching between sims (even though these CAS controls never existed and were only put in with the update).
  • Options
    DrakaiserDrakaiser Posts: 1 New Member
    Sail the seas and just play it on PC.

They deserve no money from anyone, from overpriced content to pushing out updates by a team that is clearly disconnected from their player base.
  • Options
    Drakaiser wrote: »
    Sail the seas and just play it on PC.

They deserve no money from anyone, from overpriced content to pushing out updates by a team that is clearly disconnected from their player base.

Unfortunately not all console players can afford a PC that is able to support the Sims, and many of us have already spent years of time and money on console which would be wasted if we moved to only playing PC. I agree with your point though - the team need to better understand the needs and wishes of their players on different platforms.