Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Sim year ( a thought of a way to play)

If set to 28 day seasons and the life span is a total of lets say 115 (28X4=112, so this gives an extra couple days) I'm thinking to play one household I created to see what happens in their life. I already have many more than just Charlie.
I can play one file until it gets to playing 2 families then delete that file and make a new one in a new town, this way I can experience all of my Sims that I've created instead of just Charlie all the time.
I have all types including, friends, a homeless family, flirts, 2 families made up of Five Nights at Freddys characters William Afton and Henry Emily, and a few others, but I haven't actually played them through a life span to see what happens.
What do you guys think? Any additions to this playstyle or changes? It's pretty basic, but I think I could possibly have fun with it.
Feel free to add me to your Sims 3 friend list! I'm DMCharlie2017

Comments

• Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 720 Member
    I only play 28 day seasons with aging off. I cannot imagine having a year be a life. I would not like that. I want at least 3 years for each lifestage. So for 115 days, I would want 7 day seasons, not 28 days seasons. I like multiple same holidays for each lifestage and to compare them. I like the rhythm.

I tend to start with rags to riches, and a single player household with aging off. I get a slow start. Then sometimes I shorten the seasons and/or turn aging back on.

I have not experimented with the fountain of youth or any elixirs that affect aging.
  • Options
    CharlieBleuCharlieBleu Posts: 177 Member
    I only play 28 day seasons with aging off. I cannot imagine having a year be a life. I would not like that. I want at least 3 years for each lifestage. So for 115 days, I would want 7 day seasons, not 28 days seasons. I like multiple same holidays for each lifestage and to compare them. I like the rhythm.

I tend to start with rags to riches, and a single player household with aging off. I get a slow start. Then sometimes I shorten the seasons and/or turn aging back on.

I have not experimented with the fountain of youth or any elixirs that affect aging.

So maybe do one sim for longer, then do a different one?

• Options

So maybe do one sim for longer, then do a different one?

We all start our games with certain habits and presumptions. Your habits and presumptions might be entirely different than mine. I cannot jump from how I currently play to what you are describing. I don't know how. Someone else might know, or you might know, though.
  • Options
    I think I figured it out, it does give more time, but not way too long that I'll lose interest in the same household. It's almost 2 full years of seasons which is 112 @ 28 days per season a total of 256 lifespan, the smallest part being the teen and under. https://charlieokayasu.wixsite.com/bleusim/post/the-sim-years
  • Options
    I think I figured it out, it does give more time, but not way too long that I'll lose interest in the same household. It's almost 2 full years of seasons which is 112 @ 28 days per season a total of 256 lifespan, the smallest part being the teen and under. https://charlieokayasu.wixsite.com/bleusim/post/the-sim-years

Good luck!
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    What I like doing is setting my seasons to 28 days, with aging off until I get everyone settled. Then if I am playing with teens or younger then I will play with aging on, until a day or two before their birthday. At that point I will turn off aging, until I am ready for them to start their next stage of life.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    What I like doing is setting my seasons to 28 days, with aging off until I get everyone settled. Then if I am playing with teens or younger then I will play with aging on, until a day or two before their birthday. At that point I will turn off aging, until I am ready for them to start their next stage of life.

Yea, I'm considering that too. At the moment I'm really enjoying the legacy, but I may add a file again for this play.

• Options
    BlackSandBlackSand Posts: 2,074 Member

@CharlieBleu ...
    What I like doing is starting everyone in Town with the 112 Day Challenge.

You play one or two Sims for the entire 112 day seasonal year.
    There are things you do that develop the Sims, their wealth and their skills.
    The last challenge task is to catch a Deathfish, grow Life Fruit, cook and eat Ambrosia.

If they succeed, you know the Sim well, and they have friends and skills in town.
    Imagine what it is like when everyone in your town is a Sim you know well ... And their families.

I eat pickles on my hamburgers ... MWWAHAHAHAHA
  • Options
    BlackSand wrote: »

@CharlieBleu ...
    What I like doing is starting everyone in Town with the 112 Day Challenge.

You play one or two Sims for the entire 112 day seasonal year.
    There are things you do that develop the Sims, their wealth and their skills.
    The last challenge task is to catch a Deathfish, grow Life Fruit, cook and eat Ambrosia.

If they succeed, you know the Sim well, and they have friends and skills in town.
    Imagine what it is like when everyone in your town is a Sim you know well ... And their families.

Thats kinda my thought process on it. I've never grown Ambrosia, or have caught a deathfish, that's a reason I'd like to have a file for one sim with aging off too. I just don't want to play the same sim all the time, which is why I'd like to do a sim year.
  • Options

@CharlieBleu ...
    Yeah ... I'll send one or two Sims through the Challenge when I get tired of playing one Sim or family.
    It mixes up the gameplay because the Challenge is focused and you are building a Town Resident.

First off ... To catch a Deathfish you have to have a high Fishing Skill ...
    To grow a Life Fruit you have to have a high Gardening Skill ...
    To cook Ambrosia you have to have a high Cooking Skill.
    They are also required to gain other optional skills ... That's the object of the whole Challenge.

They are Young Adults ... They eat the Ambrosia last in the Challenge ...
    So it will zero their Young Adult age back to the beginning before you set them loose in your town.
    They will always get a job that matches their skills, and they have talents, charisma ...
    And enough money to do whatever they want.

It's like having a town full of successful Sims ... And you spent at least 112 Days playing them all ... :D
    They don't have to all be the same ... And they will develop their own character during the 112 Days.

Of course, I had one that failed the Challenge because he got busted and went to prison.

50169144643_da84db4740_k.jpg

50170724482_a5383ab68a_k.jpg

But ... He eventually got out of prison, wrote a best-selling book about it all ...
    Met the love of his life, got married, and they opened an Art Gallery ... :D

50230581441_4428c6115b_c.jpg

50251915248_878a5d9e2c_k.jpg

50325365641_f6f8e13acc_k.jpg

Make the game interesting and see where it goes.
    Play the Game ... Don't Let the Game Play You ... :D

Seriously ... Happy Simming ... <3

• Options
    Thank you for letting me know about the ambrosia and the deathfish. I have grown a life plant before, I almost always have some type of garden when I play. They used to be very big, but it was so time consuming and back then I had the base game so I had timed jobs which made the time management of gardening and work more difficult.
  • Options

I get it ... And have played many of the Careers.

But ... If you have Ambitions and a few other Expansions ...
    Your Sims can make far more Simoleons and have a lot more free time than any Sim Career will get you.

I mean you can start a broke Sim wandering around picking up seeds and fishing while on a picnic in the City Park ...
    That can be worth over 10 million in 112 Sim Days ... :D

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited August 2023
    MqOVgZb.png
    I'm insane and my brain is going...
    I play 28 day seasons so multiply that by 85, less the amount of days I shortened the infant and toddlers to just because - three times around in real life is enough for me. I'm at the stage where my real-life kids are off to university - last one's starting high-school in the fall.

Just a note, you can only get THESE kind of figures by editing your Options.ini - something that newbies to working around inside the gizzards of this program should try to avoid until you know what you're doing bc you can majorly mess up your game if you don't know what you can change and what not to touch.

@CharlieBleu - I wouldn't recommend these settings unless you like playing REEEEEAALLY LOOOOOOOONG legacies or you're just writing narrative stories where you don't want the sims to age up unless you say so.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MqOVgZb.png
    I'm insane and my brain is going...
    I play 28 day seasons so multiply that by 85, less the amount of days I shortened the infant and toddlers to just because - three times around in real life is enough for me. I'm at the stage where my real-life kids are off to university - last one's starting high-school in the fall.

Just a note, you can only get THESE kind of figures by editing your Options.ini - something that newbies to working around inside the gizzards of this program should try to avoid until you know what you're doing bc you can majorly mess up your game if you don't know what you can change and what not to touch.

@CharlieBleu - I wouldn't recommend these settings unless you like playing REEEEEAALLY LOOOOOOOONG legacies or you're just writing narrative stories where you don't want the sims to age up unless you say so.

Yea, I don't want them...that long..

Heck, I still need to play longer than one generation on regular lifespan. :p I've been playing solidly since Nov 2022, all because of Game Theory.