Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Easy way to serve other sims nectar

ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member
Not sure if people will find this useful (or if someone else has already pointed this out), but I thought I’d post this anyway. I’d been hoping that there was a way of serving poured glasses of nectar to other sims like you can with the tea sets from My Wedding Stories and was a bit disappointed that there wasn’t one. But then I remembered that the interaction to serve tea is on the tea set itself, not the actual cups of tea, so I tried to see if dragging nectar glasses onto an empty tea set would allow you to use the ‘serve tea’ interaction with them.

Sure enough, it does! It looks like putting any drink onto the tea set will allow the serving option, and my sim took the glass and gave it to the other sim (who drank it).
Post edited by Childrenofhurin on

Comments

• Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited July 2023
    Thank you so much for this!
    We tried it and it works! So clever and lovely <3
    First Vlad poured three servings of Nectar
    474ccaf2e051167be99a02a45f905a54eca9d4ad.jpg
    I put them in build mode on the tea set an minimized it
    f5be3e94bb18da98bc99011f1220b20acdb29a68.jpg
    And he served it to Saiwa!
    316f6347111ab6cd2f72d1da33f0d50bda7faf5e.jpg
    04afa272e1522edfbaa9f4b3ffc364b3cf6b9cd2.jpg
    they just can't be serious!
    03271fd640c9d64e08c95bd7adf510461d82248c.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    That’s clever, I never thought to resize the tray
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,391 Member
    What a great tip, thank you! Funny, I never paid any attention to the tea set...guess now I will. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Thank you! I was hoping the nectar could be served like tea so I'm glad I'm reading this. The tea set and the trails from other packs were done so well it's disappointing the sims team didn't add these to the pack.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,903 Member
    Thank you. I haven't yet tried to have anyone so far try the new wine, even the one who made it. It's still busy aging in the rack. But I shall keep this in mind. I'm also, now wondering if this trick will work on the tray of drinks from the Globe Bar? I discovered if you click on the edge of that tray, you can call people to grab a drink.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Thank you. I haven't yet tried to have anyone so far try the new wine, even the one who made it. It's still busy aging in the rack. But I shall keep this in mind. I'm also, now wondering if this trick will work on the tray of drinks from the Globe Bar? I discovered if you click on the edge of that tray, you can call people to grab a drink.

Unfortunately it only works on the tea set.

The globe bar drinks/ tray are a single object (despite looking like 4 glasses on a tray) so other drinks cannot be slotted into it. You can put other drinks onto the summer drink tray from Backyard Stuff, but there’s no serve/ call to take drink interaction with that one.