Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Moonlight Falls: Have you played it?

There are a LOT of videos on Youtube for Moonlight Falls!

I started Sims 4 playing Rags to Riches in Moonwood Mills. I think mostly because I watched some videos for runaway teens that showed me how to play that scenario.

I have been playing a bit in Sunset Valley, but I deleted my entire Sims 3 folder and started over in Moonlight Falls. I think this might be the world where I really learn how to play this version of the game. I certainly have all the video tutorial support that I could ever need. It looks like Moonlight Falls was more popular than Moonwood Mills.

In Sims 4, we start off in CAS building a character. In Sims 3, it looks like we are meant to play the premades. I remade Bailey into more of what I once heard the author of Twilight describe the character Bella. Has anyone remade any of the characters, especially Waylon Wolff? He looks like a dirty old man. I absolutely must do something drastic to him.

I really like the Sims version that gives Edward/Tristan a single sister that dates the werewolf, instead of the triangle for Bella.

If you played this world, I'd love to know how you played it. Especially if you have played both Moonwood Mills and Moonlight Falls.

Comments

• Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,930 Member
    I play Moonlight Falls like any other world. The only difference is the townies include a variety of supernatural as well as human sims and ghosts. I have population control options turned off for all supernaturals so the game won't turn my sims into supernaturals and that works well most of the time. The only time I've had a sim turned into a supernatural was when one was turned into a vampire In Moonlight Falls. I suspect one of the townie vampires did it. I sent her to the hospital for a cure and when she got it she was back to normal as the human sim I wanted her to be. These days I could have used the NRAAS mod to remove the vampire occult from her.
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    Supernatural is one of my favorite EPs. And I love playing in Moonlight Falls. I just love the green glow on the full moon, especially in that town.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    Katofhyrule12Katofhyrule12 Posts: 725 Member
    I need to learn to use NRaas better.

Is it my imagination, or does the lore and backstory have more impact on the autonomous action of sims in Sims 3? In Sims 4 Moonwood Mills, the main characters are NPCs or own their houses in another world. In Sims 3 Moonlight Fall, I can play the sims discussed in the lore.

It feels so entirely different to play in Moonlight Falls than it did to play in Moonwood Mills. I think I will quickly lose interest in playing Bella/Bailey and Edward/Tristan, but I will learn to play townies while playing in Moonlight Falls. It will be here that I learn to play differently, because something is fundamentally different in ways that will be easiest for me to discover while playing these characters.

The attention to detail in this game is shocking to me. In a video, I learned that the pictures change at night, but have not had time to observe this for myself.

I think I should use NRaas to change Bella to a homeschooler, because I do not have time to explore the world between school and curfew. Charlie/Chester takes himself to work autonomously, but he does not clean up, cook, pay bills, or repair what he breaks autonomously. I usually play one-player families. I need to learn to multitask enough to play a family or remove him from the family.
    Karritz wrote: »
    I play Moonlight Falls like any other world. The only difference is the townies include a variety of supernatural as well as human sims and ghosts. I have population control options turned off for all supernaturals so the game won't turn my sims into supernaturals and that works well most of the time. The only time I've had a sim turned into a supernatural was when one was turned into a vampire In Moonlight Falls. I suspect one of the townie vampires did it. I sent her to the hospital for a cure and when she got it she was back to normal as the human sim I wanted her to be. These days I could have used the NRAAS mod to remove the vampire occult from her.

Karritz thank you for these tips! I don't think I want Bella to turn.
    Supernatural is one of my favorite EPs. And I love playing in Moonlight Falls. I just love the green glow on the full moon, especially in that town.

I will look for the green moon!

I want to go explore the beach. I saw it in a video and it looked amazing! I love the beaches in Sims 3!
  • Options
    MantleJackalMantleJackal Posts: 374 Member
    Moonlight Falls is one of my favorite worlds. Supernatural was my first expansion pack so it's a world I played the most in.

I love the lore that was included in this town with the Supernaturals. You can find out a lot about supernaturals by having your sim going to places like the Vault of Antiquity or Arboretum. (Sims Lore on YouTube also has several videos going over the lore of the townies :wink: )

Fun fact: Apparently there's something in a vampire's brain that gives them great fashion sense hence why they're always sharply dressed according to the vault.

It's a great world if you enjoy playing supernaturals sims or just like the old, small town feel with a fantasy element.
  • Options
    KevinL5275KevinL5275 Posts: 2,489 Member
    I keep confusing Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow.
    I'm a 48 year old married man, with a beautiful wife, a cat, and a simverted personality.My Sims 3 Pictures
  • Options
    Moonlight Falls is one of my favorite worlds. Supernatural was my first expansion pack so it's a world I played the most in.

I love the lore that was included in this town with the Supernaturals. You can find out a lot about supernaturals by having your sim going to places like the Vault of Antiquity or Arboretum. (Sims Lore on YouTube also has several videos going over the lore of the townies :wink: )

Fun fact: Apparently there's something in a vampire's brain that gives them great fashion sense hence why they're always sharply dressed according to the vault.

It's a great world if you enjoy playing supernaturals sims or just like the old, small town feel with a fantasy element.

Yes, I have been watching the Sims Lore videos. They are SO helpful!

The "old, small town feel". Yes! That is what attracts me to these worlds in both Sims 3 and Sims 4. When I first started playing in Moonwood Mills, I was avoiding the occult gameplay as much as possible.

Vampire fashion: thanks for the heads up!

There is so much to explore in this world that I doubt that I will get to it all.
    KevinL5275 wrote: »
    I keep confusing Moonlight Falls and Midnight Hollow.

I got these two worlds confused at first, too! I thought I had to buy the world from the store to play the occults. I figured out my mistake just in time.

• Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    edited July 2023
    I really like moonlight falls! Im playing a supernatural save right now, though it’s not in that world because i wanted a creepier vibe. But I feel like Moonlight falls is a really nice (and big) world that you can do a lot with, like victorian-styled or forest cabin homes to fit the supernatural theme. I also enjoy the lore and find it funny how it nods to twilight. It shows how slightly dated the game is but adds charm and fun backstory.
  • Options
    EA definitely did not copy the Native American part of the werewolf lore in Twilight. Are there Native Americans featured in any of the Sims 3 Worlds?
  • Options
    I believe the Fox family in Appaloosa plains are Native Americans.
  • Options
    My main household in my video series, The Perfect Genetics Challenge, live in Moonlight Falls. I leave the gates open to their home lot and there is a 'Group Science Project' in the yard so their yard attracts townies. There are always several townies playing with the GSP or trying to sleep in the one chair I placed next to their pool. I did eventually lock all of their doors to keep the townies out of the house as they were getting a bit too annoying. But there are a few ghosts living in that world as townies and they just float through the walls and that adds a bit of extra mayhem to the very overstuffed household.
  • Options
    I believe the Fox family in Appaloosa plains are Native Americans.

That makes sense that they are in Appaloosa Plains. Thanks!!!! Pets came out before Supernatural?
  • Options
    My main household in my video series, The Perfect Genetics Challenge, live in Moonlight Falls. I leave the gates open to their home lot and there is a 'Group Science Project' in the yard so their yard attracts townies. There are always several townies playing with the GSP or trying to sleep in the one chair I placed next to their pool. I did eventually lock all of their doors to keep the townies out of the house as they were getting a bit too annoying. But there are a few ghosts living in that world as townies and they just float through the walls and that adds a bit of extra mayhem to the very overstuffed household.

I will watch the videos. Thanks!
  • Options
    It does not look like the "Eat outside" mod works anywhere in Moonlight Falls. It does not work on restaurants and combined diner/grocery? We can eat food at the festivals. Are there any other non-rabbithole eat out options?
  • Options
    I love Moonlight Falls. It's one of my favorite worlds. The Victorian homes were gorgeous, and their vintage interiors were wonderfully done. When I first played in that world, I had a Supernatural family take a pink Victorian house from the Durwood family. Currently, I'm playing a legacy in that world and writing stories about my legacy family.

I have been skimming your stories. I need to read them more closely. Thanks!
  • Options
    It does not look like the "Eat outside" mod works anywhere in Moonlight Falls. It does not work on restaurants and combined diner/grocery? We can eat food at the festivals. Are there any other non-rabbithole eat out options?

I'm pretty sure the bistro has an option to eat/drink outside in the base game. It's been a while since I played my save but if a bistro or diner has outside tables there should be an option to have your food there, no mods needed.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    i liked child genies and that you can have child werewolf they get body hair and they howl.
  • Options

I'm pretty sure the bistro has an option to eat/drink outside in the base game. It's been a while since I played my save but if a bistro or diner has outside tables there should be an option to have your food there, no mods needed.

I just started over again with a young adult in a single-member household, so I don't waste so much time with school and curfews and family interactions. I want to use all the buildings, so that I can see what they do. In Sunset valley, there were always tables outside, but in Moonlight Falls, sometimes there are no tables. I need to systematically check each eating establishment. I have the rabbithole rugs mod installed too, but have not used it yet.
  • Options
    bandit5 wrote: »
    i liked child genies and that you can have child werewolf they get body hair and they howl.

I can't wait to see them!
  • Options
    @Katofhyrule12 any world or venue you buy from EA will contain only the objects that were made for that world or venue and base game objects. You need to add your own things to worlds or venues if you need them for your style of play.

For example, I have added the showtime lots to Moonlight Falls. This includes the coffee shop which has a place to eat outside plus a showtime stage.

I always add the Stones Throw Greenhouse to whatever world I play in. And I add things I want into it. I add four Fruit and Veggie stands from the Al Fresco Market venue plus the Lemonade stall from the Al Fresco Market plus some spring riders and anything else I think I'd like to include at that time. To the Al Fresco Market venue I add a ping pong table from University Life plus the Coffee Bar from University Live and a few other things. So once you've made yourself thoroughly familiar with the contents of Moonlight Falls you should be able to add extra things you need to the world.
  • Options
    @Katofhyrule12 any world or venue you buy from EA will contain only the objects that were made for that world or venue and base game objects. You need to add your own things to worlds or venues if you need them for your style of play.

Thanks! I keep assuming that things that are available in the basegame world will also be available in Moonlight Falls.

Sharing what you have added is very helpful!

• Options
    This thread is old, but most of it is relevant and quite helpful.

IMPROVEMENTS TO MOONLIGHT FALLS

https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/589331/improvements-to-moonlight-falls
  • Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,776 Member
    Moonlight Falls is the current home of my long term Sims. They did 5 or six generations in Sunset Valley prior to that.