Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SPOILERS for Dreadhorse Caverns: What you need in the inventory at different levels

amjoieamjoie Posts: 3,516 Member
I thought maybe some people might appreciate a spoiler or two if they get stuck on a level, so I thought we could pool knowledge to help out someone who is stuck.

The first thing you will need is a sheep in your inventory to get past the "baa" door.

The goose needs to be fed prairie grass.

To defeat the dino you will need red meat, and more than one, because the dino repeats a few times.

To put out the fire, you need a glass of water that you get from the sink. The fire repeats, so have more than one glass.

For the gnome I had a cup of chamomile tea, a cup of coffee, and a sleeping bag. I think it was the coffee that worked.

The gnome rog needs prairie grass nectar. That is as far as I have gotten, so far.

On another forum, some people say they have "finished" and said when you do, you will know it. Apparently you can go back and continue quests, just for fun, after you finish, so the code makes it look like it goes on forever. But people have reported that there is an end. No one has said how many levels, yet. But one person was on 31 and not yet finished, so plan on the long haul. That is why I felt we might need a spoiler thread. :)

Feel free to ask questions and give answers. I won't be able to make it very far on my own. I do not do well at this kind of thing, as a general rule, so I will not be much help beyond the start of this thread.
Post edited by amjoie on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    Here's a complete walkthrough. 🙂

https://simscommunity.info/2023/07/24/sims-4-horse-ranch-secret-cave/

I'm going to try to do it on my own first. We'll see how that goes. 😄
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2023
    so it doesn't actually lead to anywhere?
    just a rabbithole activity like cave in IL? :<

I wish they would at least make it so the rabbithole caves optionally lead to the base game hidden lots if no new hidden lots

like this one could very well lead to Forgotten Grotto
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Lenny_OggLenny_Ogg Posts: 3,696 Member
    edited July 2023
    @amjoie thank you!
    Here is the complete walkthrough from Game Rant

4de37aeb79bed54ab77dcc5c9be34cd2e3ae9689.jpg
    d70aead6bd57d9113e587b03ecffce84b09267d0.jpgThe Boys 2 - Therapy Game 🛺 A Dramedy 🚶🏼🚶🏻🚶🏽🚶🏽 The Boys 🥇 Their first year - A Dramedy 🚀 Lost In Space - A Space Opera 🐎 The Stables - A Horse Drama
    🎁 Best of Buydebug ☃️ Short trips to the Oggiverse - Short Clips 🎬 My Builds: Houses 🏘 Rooms 🛋 SciFi 👾 creatively edited Screenshots 🎨
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I can't FIND the cavern to even try to get through it. :'(:'(:'(
  • Options

its in GG closest to Dons lot somewhere down from there

I think it was in one of those world overview videos i watched but i can't for life of me remember which one
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »

I think it was in one of those world overview videos i watched but i can't for life of me remember which one

I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it. I have read the walkthrough on The Sims Community & in there it says "Once you have spotted the secret cave it’s time to make your way down to the entrance. To make the journey even easier, you can task your Sim with the journey to the entrance from the bridge beforehand." but haven't been able to do that either. I assume that it's somewhere near the stone bridge?
  • Options

I've been looking for it but haven't been able to find it. I have read the walkthrough on The Sims Community & in there it says "Once you have spotted the secret cave it’s time to make your way down to the entrance. To make the journey even easier, you can task your Sim with the journey to the entrance from the bridge beforehand." but haven't been able to do that either. I assume that it's somewhere near the stone bridge?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1UULVuesII
    there about 23 minutes mark
  • Options

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1UULVuesII
    there about 23 minutes mark

I've found it now = thanks! I think my initial search was made harder by snow on the ground everywhere. I was able to find it once winter ended & the snow melted.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2023
    so it doesn't actually lead to anywhere?
    just a rabbithole activity like cave in IL? :<

I wish they would at least make it so the rabbithole caves optionally lead to the base game hidden lots if no new hidden lots

like this one could very well lead to Forgotten Grotto

Don't expect any more hidden lots that aren't rabbit holes. :( I wish I knew how to find the tweet and it's been so long I don't remember the full details... Pretty much the team saw not a lot of players knew about or were going out of their way to use hidden lots. They opted for rabbit hole adventures like the Werewolves GP and this one.

Leading to the BG hidden lots would have been crafty and at least something as you mentioned. Given the amount of players who don't know about them, they would think it's new. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Bookmarking! Thanks for the tips. I love the hidden lots, kinda hard to locate the entrance to deep woods, but love to go there for awhile. I love Sylvan Glade and Forgotten Grotto. It's too bad not many players use these great spots!
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    #justiceforhiddenlots
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited August 2023
    Hack for people who want to explore, but don't have the patience to gather supplies:
    Shift-clicking the cave with testingcheats on gives an option to get all cave supplies/requirements