Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you want updated the most?

Comments

• Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited May 2023
    A pack
    Outdoor Retreat - They had some missed opportunities there.
    • Make the lake swimmable in Summer
    • Make the lake Icy for Ice skating in Winter
    • Ice Fishing
    • Canoes as water vehicles here
    • Hiking - With Others & Dogs
    • Make the Cabins purchasable as a vacation home
    • Add a Rock Climbing spot
    • Bring Big Foot back
    • Add a couple of scouting activities here like Tug o War, building a fire, erecting a tent. Add fire safety as a life skill. Scouting should have been slightly more active
    • Add some of the nostalgic Bon Voyage activities like the log roll, and axe tossing
    • Add The Archery Target from Sims 3 Store
    • Add the Bear Skin Rug (faux) with all the interactions
    • Add the Slap Dance, The Chest Pound, Bird Watching & Arm Wrestling
    • Add some nostalgic decorative items like the Cow Print Sofa Set, the Bear Statue, and the antler lighting pieces
    • Add the Hammock
    • Add Harmonica Playing
    • Add porch screening, screen door & porch swing
    • Add a stump with an axe for chopping firewood and a decorative firewood stack.
    • Add dog house that looks like a mini cabin
    • Update the Fireplace Upgrade Automatic lighting to light only when it is cold out during Fall - Early Spring
    • Update Fireplaces to have an interaction which places decorative stockings on fireplaces with mantles
    • NPC Animals - Deer, Owl, Wolves, Skunk & Raccoon - Have the animals do their unique vocalizations, interactions and movements. Raccoons getting into the bins, skunks spraying when they are threatened, owls hooting, wolves howling.
    • Toss in a few new Recipes
      • Beef Stew
      • Biscuits & Sausage Gravy
      • Cheeseburger
      • Chicken & Dumplings
      • Cornbread in a few popular recipes
      • Oatmeal
      • Smoked Meats
      • S'mores if we don't already have them (Don't remember)
      • Tomahawk Steaks
      • Waffles - Blueberry, Chocolate Chip, Pecan, & Strawberry

Dine Out
    • Add Restaurant Genres EX:
      • BBQ Joint
      • Burger Bar
      • Chinese/ Dim Sum
      • Delicatessen
      • English or Irish Gastro Pub - Irish Folk Radio Station
      • French Bistro - Add French 60's Pop or French Folk Radio
      • German - & add Polka Radio Station
      • Indian - And add the Tandoori Oven
      • Italian Restaurant - Italian Radio Station
      • Japanese Hibachi - And bring back the hibachi, Japanese Radio Station
      • Korean BBQ
      • Mexican
      • Middle Eastern
      • Pizza Parlor
      • Polynesian
      • Seafood
      • Sushi Bar - And add a Sushi Bar Counter
      • Thai
    • Make family hirable
    • Fix its problems
    • Add the Sims 2 Table Interactions
      • Play Footsie
      • Propose
      • Feed a Bite
      • Steal a Bite
    • New Recipes - Mostly British, Irish, French & Italian
      • Bacon Butty - British
      • Baked Manicotti - Italian
      • Boeuf Bourguignon - French
      • Bouillabaisse - French
      • Bubble & Squeak - British
      • Cherry Pie (Baking Update) - American
      • Corned Beef & Cabbage - Irish
      • Crepes - French
      • Cubano - American/Cuban - American South - Florida
      • Dublin Coddle - Irish
      • Escargot - French
      • Fettuccine Alfredo - Italian
      • Fried Chicken w/Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans - American South
      • Full English Breakfast - British
      • Gingerbread Men Cookies (Baking Update)
      • Hot Brown - American - Kentucky
      • Irish Stew - Irish
      • Italian Beef - American - Chicago
      • Laksa Curry - Singaporean
      • Lasagne - Italian
      • Lobster Newberg - American
      • Meatball Sub - American/Italian - 1900's Origin Unknown
      • Okonomiyaki - Japanese
      • Onion Soup - French
      • Oysters Rockefeller - American - Southern - New Orleans
      • Pad Thai - Thai
      • Pastrami on Rye - American/Jewish - New York - Katz's Deli
      • Pineapple Fried Rice
      • Pineapple Upside Down Cake (Baking Update)
      • Pasta Bottarga - Italian
      • Peach Melba - French
      • Pot Au Feu - French
      • Ratatouille - French
      • Ravioli - Beef or Lobster - Italian
      • Reuben (Corned Beef on Rye) Sandwich - Jewish Deli
      • Salade Niçoise - French
      • Scampi Newberg - French
      • Sole Meunière - French
      • Spam Musabi - Hawaiian
      • Tarte Tatin (Baking Update) - French
      • Toad in the Hole - British
      • Yule Log Cake (Baking Update) - French
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    edited May 2023
    Jobs/careers
    I would love them to make all existing and future careers at least semi-active. It's no fun if you can't play the career!
  • Options
    GuthraielGuthraiel Posts: 8 New Member
    Jobs/careers
    Tbh i get really happy whenever we get a new career, plus I think some of the existing ones need an overhaul, maybe make some of the base game jobs active careers? Like gardener would be so fun!!
  • Options
    hellohannah2hellohannah2 Posts: 839 Member
    A life stage
    A stage between child and teen would be nice - I want sims that look 12 - 15, the current leap is too much imo
    s54gWQ5.png
  • Options
    熊猫酱奈熊猫酱奈 Posts: 7 New Member
    I want to update that you can take a boat to go fishing in Sulani Island, and you can meet pirates, just add more plots.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    A pack
    If I could choose one thing to be refreshed it would have to be retail in Get to Work it would need a complete retail overhaul just make it like Sims 2 but with even more options and add the hospital and police station to its 4 lot world.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Jobs/careers
    redrogue60 wrote: Outdoor Retreat - They had some missed opportunities there.

[*] Make the lake swimmable in Summer
    [*] Make the lake Icy for Ice skating in Winter
    [*] Hiking
    [*] Make the Cabins purchasable as a vacation home
    [*] Add a Rock Climbing spot
    [*] Bring Big Foot back
    [*] Add some of the nostalgic Bon Voyage activities like the log roll, axe tossing
    [*] Add the Bear Skin Rug (faux) with all the interaction
    [*] Add the Slap Dance, The Chest Pound, Bird Watching & Arm Wrestling
    [*] Add some nostalgic decorative items like the Cow Print Sofa Set, the Bear Statue, and the antler lighting
    [*] Add the Hammock
    [*] Toss in a few new Recipes
    • Oatmeal
    • Smoked Meats
    • Tomahawk Steaks
    • Waffles
    [/list]

Mere words cannot express how down for ALL of these I would be. Yes, yes, a thousand times, YES!
    ESPECIALLY the Bearskin rug! I have been wanting that back since the Sims 1 and I am exasperated beyond belief that we've not gotten it year after year, iteration after iteration.
  • Options
    lunarwolf2008lunarwolf2008 Posts: 1 New Member
    Other
    the sims should revamp swimming, perhaps as an expantion, maybe we could create cusom pool slopes and have a shallow end and a deep end, and have diving boards, waterslides, pool floaties, goggles, etc. maybe swimming could be a skill, and sims with high swimming skill can save drowning sims, and ones with lower will be more likely to drown themselves, and maybe add a life guard job
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    A pack
    redrogue60 wrote: Outdoor Retreat - They had some missed opportunities there.

[*] Make the lake swimmable in Summer
    [*] Make the lake Icy for Ice skating in Winter
    [*] Hiking
    [*] Make the Cabins purchasable as a vacation home
    [*] Add a Rock Climbing spot
    [*] Bring Big Foot back
    [*] Add some of the nostalgic Bon Voyage activities like the log roll, axe tossing
    [*] Add the Bear Skin Rug (faux) with all the interaction
    [*] Add the Slap Dance, The Chest Pound, Bird Watching & Arm Wrestling
    [*] Add some nostalgic decorative items like the Cow Print Sofa Set, the Bear Statue, and the antler lighting
    [*] Add the Hammock
    [*] Toss in a few new Recipes
    • Oatmeal
    • Smoked Meats
    • Tomahawk Steaks
    • Waffles
    [/list]

Mere words cannot express how down for ALL of these I would be. Yes, yes, a thousand times, YES!
    ESPECIALLY the Bearskin rug! I have been wanting that back since the Sims 1 and I am exasperated beyond belief that we've not gotten it year after year, iteration after iteration.

I appreciate your kind words
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    OccultmasterOccultmaster Posts: 127 Member
    Other
    > @Atreya33 said:
    > What I want most in terms of updates
    >
    > 1. Real plantsims as in an actual lifestate not a temporary affliction
    Beat me to it.
  • Options
    DarrellRBeebeDarrellRBeebe Posts: 663 Member
    Jobs/careers
    Another thing I'd like to see updated is spellcasters. I'd really love for them to have a secondary form to play around with. Like an evil old sorcerer could look like a young and handsome man to the outside world, or perhaps a green skinned young witch uses her "normal" form to hide her true heritage from superstitious townfolk. I wouldn't need every spellcaster to have a second form, but it would be nice to have the option to utilize it. I would also love, love, love to see some old Sims 1 spells return. I remember you could animate your gnomes to let them garden for you, or turn a flamingo into a dancer. You could also cast a spell to transform your pet into an actual Sim. You could cast a spell that summoned a phantom servant, but there was a chance the servant would be evil and break things and cause chaos instead. And of course, I'd want the Sims 3 "Turn into a frog" spell to come back too. Those Frog People were creepy but in fun, weird way.
  • Options
    RatqueenjeanetteRatqueenjeanette Posts: 2 New Member
    Other
    Please add dogwalkers. I have alot of pets, I cant keep up with my rodents, I need a hireable caretaker that can feed all pets, walk dogs, play with all pets kind of thing that I can hire on a daily schedule
  • Options
    RatqueenjeanetteRatqueenjeanette Posts: 2 New Member
    Other
    Also...can we fix autonomy off? I turned autonomy off, and they keep doing their own thing and cancelling what I send them to do, and running off to get on the computer. Its un-modded as well. I had this problem even in the basic vanilla game with no expansions added. 100% of the time. The setting is completely non-functional. Is it like a running joke? Like...sentient AI are out of control? Lmao
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Other
    rudolpha wrote: »
    Wants and fears are way too heavy handed in the fear of cheating spouse especially. So bad my couples can’t go out together without having their relationship destroyed.

Have you tried making them loyal?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    Other
    Other
    Mermaids
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Jobs/careers
    I voted jobs because I really want a massive update that makes every job either able to be active or work-from-home (or both).

My second choice would be for a big update to all worlds, making them all compatible: All worlds that have water have swimmable water, each world has seasons weather that makes sense for the world, there's not special snow in Mt. Komorebi, etc.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    A pack
    I'd really like refreshes on the earliest packs -- Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    A pack
    I used to love playing with Dine Out and it seems to be broken yet again. Not sure for how long as I’m on and off when it comes to playing the sims 4. I’ve seen some improvements with the game since coming back but there are packs that definitely need to be revisited. And this is one of them. I can’t even invite my sims coworkers out to have a meal without sims getting up and walking around and not sitting down to eat and chat. I remember years ago around the time cats and dogs got released that they patched the game and it was actually working! And I think it’s been broken ever since I’m not sure exactly when it happened. But it takes the joy out of it all.
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Other
    I want a new gardening system. I think this is a question of life and death for TS4.
  • Options
    LindaD2015LindaD2015 Posts: 141 Member
    Other
    I would love to see all of the above to be honest. Everyone has made great comments and I whole heartedly agree. Packs need updated to incorporate any new gameplay or stuff that has been introduced to the game after the pack was made. Also fix any issues each pack has. My sims never own a business because it isn't fun like it was in Sims 2. In Sims 2 my Sims would own a home business and do well with it. I realize there is the market board but it might be nice to have a market stall so sims could sell their home made items from such as knitting, cross stitch, canned goods, fruit & produce. Or even start an online business.
    Why can't our sims view and admire all statues in the game? My sims go to Forgotten Hollow but they can't stop and view, admire or even be horrified by any of the statues there. Speaking of Forgotten Hollow, it has a boarded up cave/mine shaft that can't be accessed. Why? It seems unfinished.
    Recently I started creating colorful sims. I have red, green, blue, pink & purple sims (I added a skin tone mod) but the makeup is lacking for them. The red, green and blue were added by EA/Maxis so why wasn't the makeup added to accommodate these new skin tones and there isn't anything for aliens to speak of. I would like makeup that is subtle. I actually took classes on how to apply makeup for film and the thing that was stressed is that makeup should look like it is natural and not applied. That is what I would like for my sims. It's fine to have the flamboyant makeup and it is suitable for some story lines and rebellious teenagers but it isn't something I use a great deal.
    I know there are things about Vampires & Meremaids that need fleshed out, revamped, updated and extended though right now my brain won't bring up the particulars.
    Realm of Magic needs the spell system revamped and extended as well as the potions. I think the spell learning should be a little harder to accomplish. It's nice they have trainers but perhaps the trainers should have sims bring them ingredients for the potion they are being taught. Spells should have to be practiced before it is truly learned and maybe there should be a time in rate with each advancement. A sim couldn't learn anymore until they had mastered the skills at that magic level and have been a neophyte for a certain length of time. Even throwing in earning skills such as logic, charisma, handiness (repario), and cooking (potion making) before advancement.
    University needs updated to have degrees for any new careers added by later packs and I think there should be another tier added to University degrees such as an associate degree or a community college implemented. 'Grandma Sim decided after retiring she was going back to school and wanted to learn pottery making. So she would earn an associates degree without taking a lot of additional courses.'
    As I stated, I agree with the other commenters on OutDoor Retreat, Dinning Out, Get To Work.... stuff packs, cas, build & buy items, jobs and carreers.... It all needs some work.
  • Options
    Essie4nierEssie4nier Posts: 1 New Member
    Other
    Hey! I'm really excited about the gender and sexual orientation options for Sims now. Is there a way to include Polyamory and Ethical Non-monogamy? Right now it's only available as a mod and I'd really love to feel represented in the game along with the rest of the Queer community. I'd especially love if there was an option to marry more than one partner, even though that's currently a felony in most of the United States. I love that with Sims you can live the life you want, even if it's impossible in the real world, and I hope that Polyamory being added to the game will help with that goal.
  • Options
    KrystalDreamsKrystalDreams Posts: 5 New Member
    I can already get my new clothes and hairstyles from the designers on a mods forum. I rather want a big update like the mentioned life stage or maybe, a new town, or a holiday world.
  • Options
    BlackGirl73BlackGirl73 Posts: 66 Member
    Jobs/careers
    It would be nice to enable the option "work from home" for the base game careers.
  • Options
    DuskregnDuskregn Posts: 40 Member
    Other
    Traits!!!
    There are way too few of them that actually relate to personality. And it makes no sense to have dietary preferences, likes and dislikes (dogs, cats, children, outdoors) as traits now that we have a likes&dislikes system and a romantic/woohoo preference tab. Such a waste to use one of the very limited 3 slots on "likes dogs," and too bad if you have multiple dietary needs - that's your whole personality now!
  • Options
    mollie1998mollie1998 Posts: 446 Member
    A pack
    a pack with supermarket and mall shopping please