Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July 2023 Horse Ranch Patch + Aug. bugfix + Patch 1.100

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

Mod Updates

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member

The strangest thing that has happened to me with the sims game so far! Using the 50/50 method, I found out that a simple kitchen set was preventing the game from starting! Any package of the set prevents the game from starting: https://twinsimming.tumblr.com/post/673790676169900032/country-cottage-kitchen-set-happy-new-year
  • Options
    briesimsbriesims Posts: 75 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    briesims wrote: »
    Horses are getting up like sim-human and none option to ride or mount horses appear. I literally cant do anything to them, unless them make the action first and the only action they do is for the sim to listen to them.

This could be the outdated version of my awayactions Mod or LMS awayactions mod if you use any of those (or a similar mod), @briesims.

No. I checked and I didn't have this mod on my mods folder. Could you tell me other similar so I can check?
  • Options
    Emo-usagi2187Emo-usagi2187 Posts: 600 Member
    tool mod has been updated.
    [img][/img]48163509141_6d283a2fcb.jpg06-30-19_1-14-16 AM by Jeannita Szalai, on Flickr
  • Options
    amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    @Lorea That's a sims 3 set. It's a conversion from sims 4. Any sims 3 mods would break your game
  • Options
    Dollparts_Dollparts_ Posts: 3 New Member
    > @briesims said:
    > No. I checked and I didn't have this mod on my mods folder. Could you tell me other similar so I can check?

Remove all mods, delete localthumbcache, start new game, test things work without mods, start putting mods back in one at a time, you will find what's broken and what isn't. Having a modded game requires work if you want it to function, unfortunately, can be quite a pain if you have many gbs of mods like I do lol.
  • Options
    LoreaLorea Posts: 243 Member
    @Lorea That's a sims 3 set. It's a conversion from sims 4. Any sims 3 mods would break your game

Oh god, why was this even in my game? :D It's time for me to sleep :#
  • Options
    Been there, done that, @Lorea!

@Emo-usagi2187 Got that earlier, unless it updated a second time today?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options

Partially Broken Mods
    NOTE: Mods updated only for the patch aren't 100% guaranteed to be fully functional for the pack.
    • More Columns in CAS (weerbesu) - only one issue: can't change swatch on Horse coat, mane, tail, etc.

Mod Updates

• Options
    booboo Posts: 5 New Member
    Lumpinou has updated RPO again today.
  • Options
    gulvspassergulvspasser Posts: 6 New Member
    > @Lorea said:
    > TwistedMexi has already made an announcement about TOOL: "As a reminder, TOOL will need an update to support the new world."
    >
    > Please be patient.

thank you :smiley:
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    All of my mods and cc still work with the new Horse Ranch expansion, just tested them :)
  • Options
    BraxienBraxien Posts: 8 New Member
    > @Braxien, Are those all the toggle mods? TMex has two different mods with "Story" as part of the name, so is that one the Strangerville toggle? And did you check each of those *alone*, without the others as well, and deleting localthumbcache each time? Just in case there's an issue in one that's not in the others.>

Sorry, Luthien, busy day so just getting to this. Did a recheck and can confirm that the status with no mods installed EXCEPT the below, and then each at at time with nothing else in...

1) I deleted localthumbcache everytime (old school modder!):

a. alientoggle.ts4script = save game won't load, just hangs, and fires an LE in the main folder. Had to stop game using Task Manager.
    b. burnouttoggle.ts4cript = save game did load!
    c. celebquirktoggle.ts4script = save game did load!
    d. compatabilitytoggle.ts4script = save game did load!
    e. mermaidtoggle.ts4script = save game won't load, just hangs, and fires an LE in the main folder. Had to stop game using Task Manager.
    f. storytoggle.ts4script = save game did load!
    g. valuestoggle.ts4script = save game did load!
    h. vampiretoggle.ts4script = save game won't load, just hangs, and fires an LE in the main folder. Had to stop game using Task Manager.
    i. werewolvestoggle.ts4script - save game won't load, just hangs, and fires an LE in the main folder. Had to stop game using Task Manager.

Just to be sure, I put *all* my mods back in including the ones from Tmex that didn't cause a solo LE, and the save game loaded no problem.

So it appears it's just the mods that prevent the creation of occult? Aliens; Mermaids; Vampires; and Werewolves (if there's one for Spellecasters I don't use it).
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    @Braxien I can confirm the same issue (I had both the werewolf & vampire ones). I also used 50/50, deleted caches, reset my TS4 folder, and tested with only those installed individually. I was able to get my save to load by choosing load game as opposed to resume game, but could not get any lot to load with those installed (also had to close with task manager).
  • Options
    Haileybug870Haileybug870 Posts: 1 New Member
    So I’ve been having trouble all day with my mods interfering with the new pack! I’ve deleted all of my TMex mods, as well as MC command center mods, but now I seem to be experiencing the issue where when I make a horse(in CAS) it disappears when I load into that household. I also can’t adopt or buy a horse either. Is there any mod specifically that would be causing this? Or any tips to what I should do to prevent this?
  • Options
    merin0307merin0307 Posts: 12 New Member
    @Haileybug870 make sure you download the new link for MCCC. He didn't put out a new post, just updated the file. Not sure if that'll fix the issue with horses or not, but wanted to mention it just in case.

@luthienrising, fyi, Weerbesu just updated More Columns in CAS.
  • Options
    GreenEyedDragonessGreenEyedDragoness Posts: 7 New Member
    > @merin0307 said:
    > @Haileybug870 make sure you download the new link for MCCC. He didn't put out a new post, just updated the file. Not sure if that'll fix the issue with horses or not, but wanted to mention it just in case.
    >

It was announced, for those that missed it. https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2023-86294056
  • Options
    merin0307merin0307 Posts: 12 New Member
    > @GreenEyedDragoness said:
    >
    > It was announced, for those that missed it. https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2023-86294056

Yep, I just meant that it was the same initial post that he made when the patch was first released. He just edited it to put a new download link with a small fix, rather than making a whole new post, so if you downloaded it on Tuesday then you'd need to go in and do it again post-Horse Pack. We didn't receive a new email stating there was an update, or at least I didn't. :)
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    @luthienrising hopefully in right thread to ask this question
    I use mostly curseforge for my mods when is it best to visit there after a patch when broken mods are updated to work or mods been posted updated here
    Between Monday and Wednesday or Thursday to Saturday
    If you don't have an answer thats ok will keep doing what have been doing up to now
    Thanx for everything you do to keep us updated on mods here, in Tumblr and patreon with the public postings there
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    @ZazzyKittyn With Curseforge it's a waiting game, and it seems to depend on the modder. LMS's mods are always updated more or less instantly. Always always the same day or day after something is posted in one of these threads. Kiarasims' mods are also updated quickly. Both of theirs are updated on Curseforge already (so Thursday to Sunday seems to be the answer).

With MCCC and TMex you're in for a wait of at least 1-3 weeks. I always update those from their own webpages for that reason. I have no clue why there is such a difference, maybe it's the mods' size or different modders are in different tiers or something, but I've noticed a distinct difference.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    ZazzyKittynZazzyKittyn Posts: 371 Member
    @JAL I usually update mods with Curseforge the following Monday and then check again Thursday and Saturday since I don't have the app set up to open when laptop starts. After updating any mods cc that caught my attention and don't use I see if they are on Curseforge before go back to pg 1 to download and see if they have any other mods or cc would like to check out
    I haven't used MCCC for a while since you can no longer deduct money and have it set that saves start up paused as for TMEX download from his patreon since I am a member there didn't know he was on Curseforge so once he posts in his discord I get the update mod if use
  • Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    I've updated The Hopes & Fears Mod for patch changes and the Horse Ranch EP. <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    RLBTanglewoodRLBTanglewood Posts: 37 Member
    edited July 2023
    I had to remove all of TwistedMexi's mods specifically BBB, TOOL, Toggle Alien and All Cheats Mod. I'll continue checking back on his for any updates.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Anyone know yet if we will be able to cheat the skill level of horses?

yes with the UI Cheats Mod from weerbesu
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    edited July 2023
    Thank you SO MUCH @Braxien and @Kita5399 for the careful testing! That was enormously helpful. Please do head to TMex's webpage or Discord with those reports! Modders would rather hear about this from you directly rather than roundabout.

@Haileybug870 Please see p. 1 for how to do a 50-50 to isolate a problem mod. Note that many modders won't have had a chance yet to find errors between their mods and the new pack.

Thanks, @MissyHissy!

@RLBTanglewood TOOL is updated but will only partially work until BetterBuild Buy is updated. I'll be reporting the Alien Toggle mod broken in a moment. All Cheats is a new one, though. If you could test it, that would be great. To do that, removed every other file from your Mods folder, delete the file called localthumbcache from The Sims 4 folder, and then open the game and a save (it can be a new save, or just don't save the one open before you exit). Please let me know what goes wrong or if it turns out to be okay.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top