Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Plans For The Horse Ranch EP?

Comments

• Options
    Behappy1stBehappy1st Posts: 711 Member
    OMG, I started a new save with a married couple, they now have a toddler and an infant. They're both freelancers one in writing and one in painting. Aging is off. The idea is to build up their skills (gardening etc.) and their bank account so they can move to a nice ranch. I also wanted to build up all the skills in the kids. When the toddler maxes all skills I'll age her up. But I won't age up past child because there are two new skills and I want her to have them both. Well money is no longer an issue. They just won $1,000,000. from the lottery. LOL !!!!!
  • Options
    Just wondering? But can more then one sim ride the same horse. Mom rode her this morning and dad will take her out for a run tonight. And their child can practice riding in the pen. Or is it one horse per sim only?
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @Behappy1st if you're talking about one sim at a time, I don't see why not. Sims can share one bicycle 😄

I'm currently setting up a new save to move all my sims to. Certain lots are going to have ranch homes, such as Hounds Head in Brindleton Bay. I'm also adding some little farms around the worlds for goats, sheep and chickens and updating some of my community lots.

Most of my worlds, if not all, will get a rec centre. Those are so great, it's like having a gym, library and fun place all in one.

I made a map of where I imagine all the worlds to be and have chosen 16 of my fave households to play, spead around the worlds. My archaeologist couple (jungle explorers) are still the ones who are moving to the horsey world.
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am hoping that horses can travel with sims and use any walking/biking/hiking paths so can experience riding a horse in places like Henford, San Sequoia, Moonwood Mill, and even Granite Falls. That would be awesome!
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    It would be great if can go camping with horses too. I would love for my sims to sit around campfire with the horses there too, just like in the western movies/TV shows!
  • Options
    Pebbles_75Pebbles_75 Posts: 11 New Member
    My sim Jasmine has been working on a farm with her parents for some time now in Henford. When her elderly parents died she was bereft and had a one night stand resulting in her son Huckleberry.
    She has decided to move to Chestnut Ridge with her son and learn all about horses. Breaking free of Henford and painful memories of her beloved parents.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    @Pebbles_75 sounds like a fun idea. Hope you'll share your gameplay with us. 🙂
  • Options
    mulberrysimsmulberrysims Posts: 34 Member
    Harvest Moon: A New Beginning is one of my favorite games. I don't necessarily want to recreate the characters, but it'd be fun to run a farm, create bachelors/bachelorettes, and see what happens.
  • Options
    rudolpharudolpha Posts: 998 Member
    I have a couple with one kid that will move to CR. Cora has always been an outdoors gal and when her dad moved to San Myshuno she was never really happy. Dad met Grim and now Cora's married to a guy who works part time. As Cora is a fledgling interior decorator family income isn't high enough to pay for their penthouse and send the kid to uni. A second family to be moving is my apocalyptic family. They've made a success of their life in OS and want to make a fresh start.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I have been thinking and thinking trying to decide which of my familes in my main big save I wanted to really embrace the Ranch life. I think I have decided on a family currently embracing the cold of Mount Komorebi. Kristopher, the dad will complete his Extreme Sports aspiration first. Then his wife Marcia will convince him that their toddler, Aimee loves horses so much they should embrace a new life in Chestnut Ridge.

And I also have a new couple in Tartosa that have chickens on the lot, they need a mini sheep... just because.. cute!
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited July 2023
    I have been preparing this family - witch wife, human sim dad, and their dog and chickens. They live in San Seq. where he's been going to work as a gardener while she was working on her psych degree to become a teacher. She graduated, got a job, and they just had their firstborn, Olivia. All in all, things have been going well for them but with the dad being a real animal lover, his dream has always been to move to the countryside and start his own farm - growing even more crops instead of taking care of someone else's, breed horses, cows, and more, and living off of what his land and animals can produce. So we'll be moving them all to Chestnut Ridge where I'd like to move them into a more modest home and then slowly expand their farm around them.

The family :blush:
    d3G2UaB.png
    NHwejDv.png
    caXP5ak.png
    Post edited by SimTrippy on
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    You know what I suddenly thought of as I looked over the townies?

In my personal file, the Fengs adopted a kid to be their heir. His name's Alex and with his skintone and hair, I always thought of him as indigenous. Whenever I get this pack, and he ages up into Young Adulthood and past the pre-requisite college he'll be forced to take, I might just have him visit Chestnut Ridge and try to get in touch with his native heritege a bit more.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    I do believe retired Horse Trainer to the Stars/aka Sam Elliot doppelganger Don Gooseman may have had a torrid affair with Judith Ward in their younger days, while she was filming her breakout hit Simnational Velvet. Perhaps they can reconnect while she recovers from "exhaustion" during a restful nectary vacation.

(Taking recommendations for a better film name, that one is terrible, but you get the idea.)
  • Options
    HoneyinmyteaHoneyinmytea Posts: 15 Member
    My plan is to make the me I wish I could have been before my accident, I was a professional barrel racer for a while but now can barely walk and no more riding. I made my horse who passed and it's so nice to see her again <3
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    I just need to share because idk if anyone can relate but: everrry time a pack comes out that I really want, I make this amazingly fun family to play with that I plan to move to the new world when the pack releases but then when the moment finally arrives I just keep thinking of all the great memories they've made in their current homes and I hesitate forever because I am not sure I am ready to move them out :cry: but this time it's even worse because they don't have any room for horses :cry::cry:

seriously tho: every. single. time.
  • Options
    Whitedove52355Whitedove52355 Posts: 34 Member
    I made a new sim and gave her a horse. I plan to have her be a competition rider. With nectar making I put that in Tartosa and have a vineyard. Plan to sell the nectar at yard sales or open a nectar shop. The goats and sheep went to Henford on Bagley.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    And so the Blue family leave the big city and head for some clean living.

RUkEa6I.png

Ju2NRtK.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    I just need to share because idk if anyone can relate but: everrry time a pack comes out that I really want, I make this amazingly fun family to play with that I plan to move to the new world when the pack releases but then when the moment finally arrives I just keep thinking of all the great memories they've made in their current homes and I hesitate forever because I am not sure I am ready to move them out :cry: but this time it's even worse because they don't have any room for horses :cry::cry:

Next time make them live in a dump, then they will be glad to move out. HA HA
  • Options
    RazzgarRazzgar Posts: 55 Member
    My main family consists of Bill (vampire/musician) and Janine (spellcaster/paranormal investigator/business owner). They live in Forgotten Hollow and they have 7 daughters. 4 daughters are vampires and 3 are spellcasters, I let the game decide what they would be upon birth. Anyway, the 6 oldest are pursuing more intellectual careers however the youngest daughter, Karol (spellcaster), decided to get back to basics. With her mother's blessing (Dad isn't so sure) she moved to Chestnut Ridge. She is now the proud owner of The Glimmerstone Ranch! Karol inherited her love of animals from her mother. She currently has 2 horses, 2 mini goats and 2 mini sheep and she loves them all and they love her. She hopes to get her mom and dad to come visit and show them what country living is like. Especially her mom, who is stressed about her business. Karol adores and idolizes her mom and wants to so much be the spellcaster she is but she also wants her mom to be happy. Not sure where this story will go but I'm having a good time with it.
  • Options
    Behappy1st wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »

Next time make them live in a dump, then they will be glad to move out. HA HA

Lmao but then they have to live in a dump for the 1-2 weeks I pre-play them, I cantttt :cry:
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Bluegayle wrote: »
    And so the Blue family leave the big city and head for some clean living.

RUkEa6I.png

I had a family do that for Cottage Living. :)
    The father was a Detective retiring to Henford-on-Bagley to farm and write detective novels.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @CK213 My Sim left her celebrity chef job and is now writing a family cookbook. Well inbetween all those chores. Husband sim just does the odd job thing but then he is a musician. Ha ha Maybe he will pick up some tips playing piano in the saloon.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Okay okay okay, plans more or less are on track - except for the girl my sim and his brother would fight over. She caught on fire and burned to death. So now he needs a new love interest, and I'm stuck between some choices.
    Dtw2obb.png
    This is Fabian. Spellcaster rancher, overly-confident, and a flirt. He has a rescue horse named Dynamo. Dynamo needs a mama or second dad, since he's very difficult. (He has a temper, but is afraid of everything and is very clingy. He hates Fabian, but refuses to leave his side.)

hXqmCXn.png
    Love interest #1 is Melody Song, a kooky hermit/eccentric witch who makes potions. No compatibility with Fabian one way or the other. Fabian finds her weird, but her wild ways might rub off on him. And maybe she'll learn to take part in society again. There's magic in the air, but is there also love?

vnyilLy.png
    Mia Dinero has amazing compatibility with Fabian. Her dry wit and take-no-prisoners attitude put her at odds with his laid-back and flighty nature, but he loves her humor and ability to go against the grain. But while she lives in Chestnut Ridge, she spends half the year in Selvadorada, studying the ruins. But perhaps their love can stand the test of time and go down in history?

SNIECxP.png
    Alani Waves also has amazing compatibility with him. A university student who hopes to be a journalist some day. She's unhappy about living in a small town, but maybe she can warm up to it? Either way, she likes Fabian, and the two bond over their love of photography. She wants Fabian and Dynamo to become master racers, so she can capture their story and share it with the world. She can capture Fabian's image, but can she also capture his heart?

PdOMlpX.png
    Marissa Tracey has good compatibility with Fabian. He met her on the first day came to town, and they've been flirting ever since. She likes Dynamo, but her interests lie in nectar. Is the girl next door, the girl of his dreams?

AC8IAa5.png
    Do you believe love can bloom, even on a prairie field? Carter Mansfield is Fabian's ranch hand. Good compatibility. He's sturdy, tough and reliable, but soft-spoken and kind. He can't afford his own ranch, but likes working with animals. He had a hard time, growing up in Chestnut Ridge as a teenager; he was afraid to come out due to bullying, and it was already hard enough being "the poor kid." But maybe Fabian can give him the confidence he needs?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I 1st went to my Testing Game Save, made a home called Barbie’s Farm Ranch on the 30X30 lot. I also made a some I call CowgirlBarbie Doll. I’ll be making her 3 sisters soon, plus maybe 2 to 4 horses.
    It’s saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS.😉
  • Options
    dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Just giving Strangerville a Horse Ranch flavour!
    The Roswells are now horse breeders (they seem the type to raise and sell horses).
    George Cahill is no longer a pilot with a crashed plane called Penelope.....he is now an ex rodeo rider with an elderly horse called Penelope instead. oh, and a goat so Penny doesnt get lonely!

Also the Elderberrys from Britechester have moved and started up a very exclusive wine/nectary (there will be a posh new nectar bar in town too).