Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The game glitches screenshot thread

Comments

• Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,964 Member
    IObelle wrote: »
    Did you zoom in to close to her in free camera mode? That's what it looks like to me.

I was going to ask the same, it always do that if camera is too close.

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Yup, this also happens to me while recording footage if I zoom in too close, especially in places high above the ground (like the San Myshuno penthouses). But these pictures look like selfies to me. It really shouldn't happen in that case...
  • Options
    becks1112becks1112 Posts: 919 Member
    Did you zoom in to close to her in free camera mode? That's what it looks like to me.

No, it was just a regular selfie on her phone. No zoom.
  • Options
    Yup, this also happens to me while recording footage if I zoom in too close, especially in places high above the ground (like the San Myshuno penthouses). But these pictures look like selfies to me. It really shouldn't happen in that case...

Yeah, they were selfies on her phone.
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member
    becks1112 wrote: »

I thought she was playing on the monkey bar. Do you have a mod that has anything to do with selfies, like maybe extra poses or something? Is the glitch only happening to this sim, or other sims too or maybe only children? If the glitch only happened at that specific time it might be the location that causes the glitch.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    That’s cc related
  • Options

I thought she was playing on the monkey bar. Do you have a mod that has anything to do with selfies, like maybe extra poses or something? Is the glitch only happening to this sim, or other sims too or maybe only children? If the glitch only happened at that specific time it might be the location that causes the glitch.

No, no selfie mods or poses. I do have a ton of mods, but nothing selfie related. It only happened this one time so far.
  • Options
    IObelleIObelle Posts: 136 Member

No, no selfie mods or poses. I do have a ton of mods, but nothing selfie related. It only happened this one time so far.

Then I would guess it's the location. I don't think it's the cas cc because I have a lot of cas cc and I've never had a glitch with selfies. The only glitch I get with cas cc is that it sometimes have broken shadows making sims look completely black in game. It's solved by deleting the affected cc's shadow in sims4studio.
    There Are No Plantsims In The Sims 4
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    And we are home from work! At the same time... and place...

53060000528_177e659264_b.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    Stretchy Gizmo.

HcVcYaZ.png
    2x8mXeI.png
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member
    edited July 2023
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Stretchy Gizmo.

HcVcYaZ.png
    2x8mXeI.png

Oh goodness, having flashbacks to one of CallMeKevin's Sims videos where a Sim died and two dogs started doing this in their freakout and just..... kept..... doing it for several minutes. I was in actual physical pain from laughter!

Also is Gizmo named after the Mogwai? He has similar colors and patterns.
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,385 Member
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Stretchy Gizmo.

HcVcYaZ.png
    2x8mXeI.png

Oh goodness, having flashbacks to one of CallMeKevin's Sims videos where a Sim died and two dogs started doing this in their freakout and just..... kept..... doing it for several minutes. I was in actual physical pain from laughter!

I didn't give him the name. Gizmo is a stray dog that my Sim adopted and she kept his original name. It suits him. ;)
  • Options
    KestrelDC wrote: »
    Stretchy Gizmo.

HcVcYaZ.png
    2x8mXeI.png

I didn't give him the name. Gizmo is a stray dog that my Sim adopted and she kept his original name. It suits him. ;)

Ah, just a fun coincidence, then. Similar thing happened with my own IRL dog. My family usually names our dogs literary names (Whitman, Dante, Truman, etc) but when my parents got me my dog (they actually saw her on the local news when it did a shelter pet spotlight thing) she already had the name Peanut and it just fit too well for us to change it. My friends have pointed out that it actually still fits the naming convention because of the Peanuts (as in Charlie Brown and co.) :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    So one of my child Sims aged up to teen and I went into CAS to touch her up and when I was done I found....

VKqkrYP.png
    6P1nRfk.png
    DmSd3sK.png
    jSSkdAO.png
    69MuPXZ.png
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    Pardon me for laughing @KestrelDC but that's just too hysterical. Talk about refusing to grow up. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Pardon me for laughing @KestrelDC but that's just too hysterical. Talk about refusing to grow up. LOL

The girl in the black hoodie is the one who aged up, the one in the table is her sister who was sitting at the table at the time. When I hit play she just snapped back into place and played with an action figure like nothing happened. :lol:
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Stretchy Gizmo.

HcVcYaZ.png
    2x8mXeI.png

I can't unsee this. Too creepy! :o
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 337 Member
    Abby was considering going to the festivals in San Myshuno, but she's not sure how she'll get there unless she grows wings.
    pPoYIhM.png
    0aW1YZY.png
    The Spice Festival is currently going on but that doesn't look like it, besides, I'm in the Arts Quarter, and the Spice Festival is happening in the Spice District. Can anyone identify this festival, or is it a mystery festival that will never happen? There's a table with MySims on it, and picnic tables from the Romance Festival, but I didn't think the Romance Festival sold MySims, and the stalls look different (it has been a while since I've been to the romance festival, though.) Besides, where are the sakura tea fountains? It more or less looks like someone's storing a bunch of random festival equipment in the sky lol.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,623 Member
    That is really weird. Do you use mods? If so, sometimes they can interfere and cause rather strange things to happen in the game. If you do use them, turn off your game, and go into your documents folders to remove your Mods folder from your game. Then delete any Last Exceptions and most importantly, delete the localthumbcache.package. Power up your game again and see if this phenomenon still exists. If so, seek help from the Help thread. If not, then you must suss out just which mod/mods are responsible. Some suggested the 50/50 method. I don't do that. I bring back the mods I know have been updated or cleared to work with the latest patch, one at a time, mind you, which can take hours, as you're probably surmising. Either way, you got your work cut out for you. That is a very interesting and thought-provoking glitch you've got there. If you're prone to write up your gaming events, you've already got the roots of a good story. ;) Best of luck on getting it sorted.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    rPRrNLm.png
    dvq7Gc3.png
    DQqreX0.png
    MjXbC6o.png

The girls also go to high school with Jacob Valkov and he's always in wolf-mode (which always means he's nude because apparently it doesn't count as nudity if you have enough hair....) and always full fury but he just acts like a normal student other than running around like a feral animal (and often clipping through walls and the lunch booth in the process) and occasionally snarling or howling (Also note Krista's phone not exactly working right in one shot):
    5NQqA57.png
    vjsJ2sQ.png
    5Np88ky.png
    jKame27.png

I guess Krista forgot her pencil isn't an umbrella:
    UNKFStB.png
    kkDN9hj.png
    ugSMKuC.png
    F6SlR2I.png
    Post edited by KestrelDC on
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    Oh.... oh my....

CBgT4CU.png
    Y6Ay5tT.png
    WE8CmE4.png
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    My game glitched out quite a lot today but it might be the lot/family that have some issues. One of the sims did fulfill the "talk like a pirate" tradition on the "talk like a pirate" holiday without saying a word. And after that she could not say anything in the "pirate language". My "special" sim Mika here had some problems with the game not recognizing her level of painting skill. She needed level 6 but she did go up to 7 without any reaction from the "career tab". Reloading the lot fixed that issue.

53086450697_856793df5d_z.jpg

Her son Mike is in the Floral designer branch and crafts flower arrangements to level up the skill. But he always get a default white vase for his arrangements. No other sims gets that.

53086530182_e68f0157b8_b.jpg
  • Options
    8TdKHnY.png

When you're a little too close with your sister....
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    Ouch...

sIuGev1.png
    rvnoYrE.png

Mmmmm, yummy homework!

NGXfKfE.png
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Yesterday one of my sims had five fights with stormtroopers, resulting in mutual despising, among other things. She soon started getting phone calls from people she knows who are horrified that she is despised. How are sims in Windenburg going to know what happens in Battuu?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top