Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Horse Ranch Positive Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    I'm completely in love with horse animations!
    The way their muzzle moves, or their ears... they are so expressive!!!

And I'm obsessed with this dark horse!! I wonder if it's a premade...
    Screenshot_20230706_204156_YouTube.jpg

That horse has a tattoo on its neck?

Some horses have freeze brands that have to do with registration information. Standardbreds and Mustangs come to mind, and with Mustangs, it’s a record of when they were gathered, from which herd management area, etc which helps with age identification. Could be a Simlish freeze band on the dark horse.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Icewolf wrote: Β»
    I know there are a lot of negative comments out there about "is this all we get. just horses and nectar?" but honestly, if they did a really good job with the horses... and so far I'm optimistic... then I'm perfectly fine with that. I have agreed with some other systems or or packs, things have been narrower or shallower than they should have been. But horses were always going to be very complex, and very important to a lot of simmers, so I'd rather have them get it right than throw in a bunch of other stuff.

Right? I'm not even sure what people were expecting. This is a expansion pack focusing on HORSES. Horses is all I ever wanted since the release of The Sims 4 and now we're finally getting them. All I expected were horses, but now we're getting horses AND goats/sheeps as well. I'm super stoked.

I honestly thought if we ever got horses it would be a gamepack with just horses which would be fine. But the fact that they gave us alllll this other stuff and more animals for 10 more dollars is super to me 😁😁😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,930 Member
    I know there are a lot of negative comments out there about "is this all we get. just horses and nectar?" but honestly, if they did a really good job with the horses... and so far I'm optimistic... then I'm perfectly fine with that. I have agreed with some other systems or or packs, things have been narrower or shallower than they should have been. But horses were always going to be very complex, and very important to a lot of simmers, so I'd rather have them get it right than throw in a bunch of other stuff.

No words to describe how much I agree. And so far all animations look amazingly done!
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @Amapola76, I noticed blue, pink, black and brown sheep in the trailer and you can shear them like the llamas, so there must be treats (or can use the ones in Cottage Living?) to get the different colored wool for crafting. The cows give different flavored milk with treats, so I wouldn't be surprised if this can be true of the goats as well. Horse Ranch and Cottage Living should work well together, and I can't wait to have bigger farms with goats, sheep, cows, chickens and llamas, and of course, horses! :)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    The good thing is it'll eventually go on sale and then some will feel more comfortable paying half price.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    edited July 2023
    I'm definitely adding some horses, goats and sheep to HOB. And the world that came with magic, the name of which escapes me.

I wonder if horses will use the jogging/cycling routes in other worlds if you choose to just 'go for a ride'. And will they be turning up anywhere... be a bit strange having horses in San Myshuno lol.

I absolutely love the parts of the new world we've seen so far. I might add some old western stuff into Strangerville, it'd look great there too. Ooh, horses trotting amongst the MOTHER plants....
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @simgirl1010 awesome thread!! Omg I didn't notice how the horses lie to let kids on themmmmmmmm!!!! These are the detailed animations I love to see!!! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³πŸ₯³
    I don't care what anyone says, they really put their all into these horses.
  • Options
    pfISP4Q.jpeg

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ priceless
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    Something about those pasterns and fetlocks on the paint has me giving a bit of side eye, but it’s awful cute that the horses lie down to let the kids get on. So many plans for that in my gameplay.

I am sooooo impatient. Still just about 2 weeks to go, but the end of July is gonna be great. It’s Horse Ranch release and Shark Week is but a few days later. Can’t beat that!
  • Options
    PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    Another thing I'm excited about is interactions among horses. Realistically, I'm not expecting those to be super deep, but it would be nice if, while sharing the same paddock, two horses would autonomously interact with each other.

In the 1850s ranch legacy I'm planning for this pack, sons will be gifted a horse (daughters will get a sheep/goat, or a horse if the randomizer decides they are gonna be cowgirls), so it would be adorable to have the different horses in the family interact.

Just crossing my fingers about seeing the household size increase (no MCCC on console), so that my family can get many kids and many horses
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • Options
    Now I'm confused on which sims I should give horses because I want every one of them to have one but then that's way too many horsesπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Now I'm confused on which sims I should give horses because I want every one of them to have one but then that's way too many horsesπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    Lol. I was only going to move one of my households to the new world, but now I keep thinking so-and-so would love a horse, and also this sim and that sim... at this rate I'll be adding horses in all the worlds.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,408 Member
    edited July 2023
    Lol. I was only going to move one of my households to the new world, but now I keep thinking so-and-so would love a horse, and also this sim and that sim... at this rate I'll be adding horses in all the worlds.

When I can't get sleep I go through households in my rotation and think about who should get a horse, world by world. Helps with falling a sleep a lot. It took me about three nights to go through everyone. I've done similar think with other rotational planning before.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    edited July 2023
    musteni wrote: Β»

When I can't get sleep I go through households in my rotation and think about who should get a horse, world by world. Helps with falling a sleep a lot. It took me about three nights to go through everyone. I've done similar think with other rotational planning before.

LOL! I did the same, while waiting to fall asleep I thought of what households would have "room for a pony". I started 2 weeks ago and I think I'm only done with one small hood. I obviously never had problems falling a sleep :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    @Simmerville and @musteni
    SameπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Whenever I'm sitting somewhere bored I start plotting on horses and who should get them.
    Final conclusion after days of debate: all of them 😳
  • Options
    Considering that a majority of my thought process is centered around all things equine, I’m pretty keen on this pack. I feel like so much has been missing by not having horses in my game (and reskinned bikes and deco statues just don’t make up for it). I’ve felt like some saves I just can’t seem to play without horses. So most, if not all, of my sims are gonna have them.
  • Options
    JennhadJennhad Posts: 7 New Member
    I Hope they have new skills.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I’ll admit it. I’m not exactly chomping at the bit to buy this pack (I’ve barely touched GrT and HSY) but I am intrigued by it. I’m waiting for the livestream to see if the team can get me to pony up the cash.

(Pony puns fully intended!)
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited July 2023
    I love the thread the simguru retweeted. I agree on the trophies/ribbons. In U.K. horse competitions are associated with ribbons but I guess these were already used with cottage living. Britain tends to use ribbons and cups for all competitions. But horses especially, get the rosettes. I do like the big gold and silver plaques in the trailer though, they will be fun to collect.

It does look like a lot of work went into the horses to make them very true to life. I think it should be fun.
  • Options
    Oooooooh!

Looks like there's a screencap of a horse playing with that giant ball
    Actually, it's just my pony, but he is totally ready to be Simified
    VBGyyFsl.jpg
  • Options
    LeucosiaXLeucosiaX Posts: 1,610 Member
    I really can't wait. The world looks gorgeous. I have the characters from Outlander in my game, (among many other stories I have), but I always put the big house on Fraser's Ridge in Granite Falls, but now, I can really settle them down in a non vacation world. Chestnut Ridge is so good for historical gameplay!!! And so much more unique than the other dessert world we have with the real cowboy theme. I have Kalino Mod horses already, but they are really llamas and tied to the shed. I really cant wait to play with real horses. I'm in love with the baby sheep. Break my heart how cute they are. I really wanted horse races for my peaky blinders family and the royal family and just childhood nostalgia of visiting with my family as a kid. I hope theres a big open community lot I can make something like it, and or a modder makes betting on races a thing even if we can't see the race