Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4: Horse Ranch - Feature Overview Trailer Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    SiggDiggitSiggDiggit Posts: 145 Member
    Is it just me or did the elder dude have new skin details; such as his neck (the lines)? I'd be stoked if that was the case (I'm always excited for new details).

In any case.. Excellent trailer! I was already excited but now I'm even more so! I love the Arizona setting of the world (always wanted to see it in person) but I'm also excited to see horses in other worlds.. I can't wait to make horses for spellcasters and see horses on the island and in the mountains and maybe we can take them to vacation worlds??

The nectar making will be fun too! I like the idea of aging the bottles! It'll be an appropriate hobby for snobby sims, lol.
    I'm also definitely gonna make a party loving sim who makes all the drinks 😉 (bar, fizzy and nectar).

The goats are the sweetest little things I've ever seen!! I love them! ❤️

2f8164094dfe843e371b34f5333b4dff1d96e006.jpg
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Does anyone think we might be getting more detailed graveyards gameplay? The showed a graveyard for horses and sims in the trailer and she said she would take the secret recipe with her to the grave and beyond? The way she underlined beyond makes me think there might be more gameplay coming.

Perhaps you can put a death flower into the nectar maker to get a resurrection potion.
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Wonder if our sims will get kicked the first time they try this? :D

AC4jhhV.png

Gonna have to see how that plays out. Can't quite see how exactly she's standing in relation to the horse or how she's holding the hoof pick (though admittedly, I like an underhand grip myself)
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    That's it? It didn't really tell us much else aside from what we didn't already know. It didn't even cover anything about the horse competitions, or unicorns.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I'm sure horses and the minis will be fun, but as someone who wasn't a horse girl, I was hoping for more. Definitely I will buy this pack, but I'm not sure I'll get it full price.

Simply adding a pool table, a rocking horse for the toddlers and kids, maybe a diving board (pools will be desirable in such a hot world) would push it into must have now territory. Not saying those things exactly, but just two or three other small items.

It looks lovely for sure. Just left feeling unsatisfied. I'm hoping the Livestream shows more.
  • Options
    ZiafarZiafar Posts: 704 Member
    and I add to this workind saloon doors
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    telemwill wrote: »
    I'm hoping the Livestream shows more.

The Livestream will probably show in greater detail the features we've already seen. I'm not expecting to see anything new.

Just managing my expectations.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited July 2023
    telemwill wrote: »
    Simply adding a pool table, a rocking horse for the toddlers and kids, maybe a diving board (pools will be desirable in such a hot world) would push it into must have now territory.

kids can ride horses so if there was rocking horse id give it to toddlers

I'm still upset about no saloon doors though
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I expected to learn more about wool from mini sheep and milk from goats. Would be nice knowing whether they are physical objects (like llama wool/cow milk), that can be sold from a sales table, and if there is any specific recipe for the goat milk etc. Right now I suspect that we will sell it as we shear/milk, which would be good but not as appealing. We know we can sell it for money, but I'd like to know if it's possible to add anything to it like a wool/milk store.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Still looking forward to horses, but I'm with the people who found the gameplay trailer rather underwhelming. The reveal trailer already showed us everything twice, now we got it a third time with a voice-over, and I also agree that it wouldn't hurt to have a male narrator for a change. We still don't know much about the size of the world, whether there's more to unicorns than just a CAS accessory, if goats and sheep can work similar to cows and llamas, and if horses can exist outside of Chestnut Ridge (which I have no doubt they can, but many people on YouTube and Twitter think otherwise and keep stating their opinions as facts - a little word on that subject from the developers would go a long way). All we got are the names of some premades.

Speaking of which, though, I'm kind of into the redhead with the fiery horse. If he's actually in this pack and not just an extra for the trailer, he might join the exclusive club of premades that are allowed to stay in my game.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    and if horses can exist outside of Chestnut Ridge (which I have no doubt they can, but many people on YouTube and Twitter think otherwise and keep stating their opinions as facts - a little word on that subject from the developers would go a long way).

Excellent point. I've allowed myself to get my hopes up that horses can exist in other worlds, but they really do need to let us know one way or the other.

If they are limited to CR, I'd rather know early so I can manage my expectations. Like, my recollection is that we found out fairly early that skiing and snowboarding were locked to Mount K, which was more palatable than finding out (IIRC, in the livestream) that high school was locked to Copperdale.
  • Options
    If horses are limited to CR there must be a way to go there to rent a horse for the day. It would be very strange if only locals there can do anything involving horses. I expect we can have them in other worlds, though.
  • Options
    Cherryrose_xCherryrose_x Posts: 524 Member
    I am also really hoping that horses aren't locked in the new world.

Looking forward to seeing more. The trailer didn't really share too much extra info. Liking the idea of a ranch hand though and agree the goats are super adorable.
    Gallery name: Anna-Banna
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    Honestly, kind of miss the times when expansion packs had like 4 (later 2) separate gameplay trailers. But I guess the devs want to put more emphasis on the livestreams now.

Overall, the trailer left me cold. A lot of the stuff seems a bit... surface level? Like yeah, you can make nectar, and it'll be bad at first, then better as you learn more, and you can sell it... but anything else? Is there an aging system? Like, the older the nectar the better it is? Can you mix and match ingredients, do experiments, host or visit nectar tasting events? (That isn't just inviting sims over and pretending they're giving out reviews lol.) If nectar making is the only big skill here, then it surely must be a bit more in depth than cooking and mixology are, right?

And HOW do the competitions work? How do you sign up? Is there a preliminary period where you have to learn certain things with your horse to ensure greater succeess? Can there be rivalries..? Do you gain some sort of reputation when you win a competition? Or what?

And the mini animals where barely in the trailer, I feel like. Yes, you can feed them, pet them, clean them, whatever. But can you do anything with the wool of a mini sheep? Make clothing? Intergrate it with nifty knitting? Can you form deep relationships with them as well?

The trailer also didn't really showcase anything new that we haven't seen yet, and alongside leaving things in the dark, it's not a good way to assure me that it is worth the price. (Though, have any of the EPs ever been?)
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I am also really hoping that horses aren't locked in the new world.

Looking forward to seeing more. The trailer didn't really share too much extra info. Liking the idea of a ranch hand though and agree the goats are super adorable.

I do wonder if there is a difference between the ranch hand and the gardener service. He obviously helps with horses, but can he help with just regular gardening, and can he help with cows and chickens too?
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I don't see how they can limit horses to only that one world if they are part of your household. That wouldn't make any sense to me. I was concerned that that would be the case in Cottage Living when that came out, but you can have them anywhere even though they weren't a part of the sims household. I believe all the animals in the ranch pack with be able to be used in all the worlds.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    I didn't see a lot that wasn't already shown in the first trailer tbh.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Loved the gameplay trailer :mrgreen: hoping to see more about the world and if they will reveal any other tidbits with the livestream. My horse lover dreams are coming true. :heart:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Hmmm... it was disappointing.

I'm still very excited for the pack but I felt like the gameplay trailer didn't really tell us much that we didn't already know.

And, yes, it would've been nice to have had the main trailer sim be a guy for a change. I'm sure @CAPTAIN_NXR7 could've given them a few pointers for one if they were stuck. I'd have liked to have seen one of his sims in the trailer 😍
  • Options
    LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    As a horse lover I'm very impressed with the animations, especially the foals... so cute!!! I can't wait to play.

Horses are really difficult to animate... I don't think people realize how much time they must have spent on it :o From what I've seen so far I think it's really well made!
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I really like that rainbow 🌈 horse statue and I love the clown horse as well.
  • Options
    mystang1972mystang1972 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > Wonder how the manure is stored? :#

Probably in your pocket, with everything else. :s :D
  • Options
    I still plan running a retail store specializing on manure ;) I hope it's possible and that flies won't become a problem.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member

It was a surprisingly boring trailer. I understand that the horses were difficult to animate, but this screams game pack, not expansion pack. I love the little goats and because of the little goats, I will end up with this pack at some point. But it's really hard to justify paying full price based on what I have seen so far.