Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will you buy the Horse Ranch EP?

Comments

• Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited June 2023
    I won't buy it.
    Did the trailer and descriptions convince you?

No the trailer didn’t convince me.

The world looks too similar to StrangerVille.
    It’s coming across more as a game pack.
    The small animals are cute but they should have been added to Cottage Living. Goats and sheep are farm animals.
    Are horses tied to the world only? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Is the new world open and you can ride your horse all over? Or just to the edge of your lot and then loading screen?

The horse CAS looks good but I’m hoping they get a skills tree. Similar to vampires but far more detailed as they have an expansion pack dedicated to them.

Line dancing is good but for an expansion pack there has to be more.

The trailer looked cute but didn’t show enough as to why it’s an expansion pack size.

Why were the Sims staring at each other at the start? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.

Also if it’s a cowboy theme is there a town sheriff? Duelling? Will there be some Wild West voices added? Lore to the Sims living in the world? How big is the world, how many lots? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️👨‍💻.

I need more information but based on the trailer, I wouldn’t buy the pack.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I will wait, perhaps for a sale.
    I plan to wait, I still want to get High School years, and Growing Together. Wedding Stories is at the bottom of the list, however, this pack is going to be either moved up above High school years, or under it.
    I plan to wait to see what bugs, and other issues this expansion may have, and then get it on sale when I can.
  • Options
    mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I've not even seen the trailer and yes preorder. I never played with horses in 3 and doubt I will here either. But the world should be nice and it has mini goats and sheep. And of course centaurs are a bonus! Right?
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I will pre-order the pack.
    Yup! Right after my end of the month bills are paid.🤩😛😉
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,856 Member
    Other.
    I'll buy it but I want to know that nectar making is working first. That more than anything is why I'm interested in this pack right now. At first it was the new world that had my interest. Once I learned nectar making was coming back that replaced the new world as my main reason for purchasing this pack. I love getting new worlds, but even as an American simmer I want something more than another world that's less than a day's drive away from what's outside my door. I'm keeping an open mind, but from what I've seen there's nothing in the new world we're getting that I can't get in my car and find in less than a day.

It's too late now, but please EA/Maxis, in 2024, take us some place far away from what most of us can see on any given day or with only a little bit of travel.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited June 2023
    I preorder all EPs (certainly including this GP, just for the exclusive bonus, not for it worth buying.
    I love the world but the gameplay lacks little. Like Island Living, it's an exotic fantasy for me while boring for American players or Western enthusiasts, which I regret this.
    Post edited by RandomTokenCode on
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    I will buy it soon enough to get the bonus content.
    I am definitely interested in this pack, and the trailer made me excited. However I had a really bad experience pre-ordering Growing Together. I bought it through one of their trusted sellers (Amazon), and spent the majority of the first 36 hours after release trying to get it to show up. It all worked out eventually but it was really stressful, not something I want to go through again. Perhaps they've corrected things with the launcher so that it won't do it again but I don't want to chance it. I'll wait until after the pack has been released to buy it.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Definite buy!! Wanted horses since forever!! I never got to play ts3 horses so this should be awesome and my sim is going to look soooooooooooo good on a horse lol 😍
    I would honestly buy it just for that and nothing else. But everything that comes with it is a bonus and seems really fun. I love that we can get a group of goats or sheeps ❤
    I will purchase the day it comes out because there is no particular reason to pre-order.

The only slight bummer (not related to the pack) is that when a new pack comes out I enjoy seeing all the excitement surrounding it, the ideas, and preparation in the sims community.
    But all I see on social media are complaints complaints complaints and more complaints. It doesn’t make me love the game any less but the constant wave of negativity is a downer.
    People of course have a right to express themselves the way they please so I just mind my business and stay away from social media but it kinda sucks because I would love to engage more. 🥺
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    You know, I voted BEFORE I saw the trailer. Needless to say, the west, especially the Old West is one of my favorite periods in time. Sims 3 had Appalossa Plains (butchered that spelling), but it felt more modern instead of old timey. A simmer everyone familiar with the sims knows, EHaught had built an Old West town in Sims 3 and I played the heck out of that world...my favorite in Sims 3.

So now we get horses in Sims 4...YAY!! (Running around, arms flailing.) I know what I voted, unfortunately I just pre-ordered, lol. I have been taking a break from the sims and this news will put me right back to playing every day. Thanks EA, the trailer looks great! I'm off to watch the trailer, again. <3
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Other.
    I'm torn at this point, I haven't seen enough to convince me that this has the content of an EP. It seems like it would have been a great GP. If the world is amazing with several large lots I will buy it at launch. I suppose at this point it all comes down to the world for me unless they have some more major gameplay we haven't seen yet. If the world is only okay imo I will likely wait for a sale and pay closer to a GP price point.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Other.
    My usual 'maybe'. Depends on what the pack really has as opposed to the hype, complaint/frustration level, how badly broken it is (EA's not been too good in that department for a while now), how much havoc the preliminary patch/update wrecks, & stuff like that.
  • Options
    lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    As always, I will purchase on launch day. If the bonus content were to be a “pre-order exclusive” then I’d purchase it now, but there’s no incentive for me to purchase a pack before it’s release.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    I love horses but this does not look like an EP.
    I will be waiting to see when gameplay videos come out.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Other.
    I am pre-ordering it but not in a EA approved site. So I won’t be getting the bonus items. But I’m not interested in them enough to warrant paying an extra $10.
  • Options
    AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    I already gave my two cents on this pack; look at what I posted on the positive and negative sections if you care enough. lol

But, I am a sucker for limited time content.
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    If it has enough amount of good content to do with horses and some off the grid stuff, I might buy this alongside Cottage Living for my medieval/fantasy save file that I will eventually do, but definitely not for a full price.
  • Options
    DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    edited June 2023
    I have pre-ordered it already I have been waiting for horses for years now in the sims 4 so can’t wait to see how they work out. Also see how the world works too 😊 The only way to find out if it is buggy is to get it and let the team know as soon as.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

Absolutely not a chance, maybe in the very distant futu...hu....HA.....HA....*ACHOOOOOOOOSHHH!!!!*

Oh no. I accidentally hit pre-order again. Silly hayfever. Oh well. 😋

*wipes screen*
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    edited June 2023
    I just want unicorns 🦄

But I don't think they're coming 🥺
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Other.
    I will 100% be purchasing, but I will be waiting till any inevitable teething issues are sorted out before I do.

Also, even though I love what I've seen and read, I don't feel like there is enough content to justify expansion pack price, but I don't think I will have the patience to wait for a sale. :D
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    waiting till any inevitable teething issues are sorted out before I do.

I read this and thought..... same. Then I realized you weren't talking about a baby. My 6 month old just started not eating and sleeping and teething like a nightmare making any gameplaying impossible. I told my husband I 100% want to buy this pack but what's the point at this point, I'm jsut going to purchase, download and then log off and then it will sit until the "Teething issues are sorted out" lol.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,383 Member
    edited June 2023
    It's always nice to get more animals/pets, but this pack seems to be a bit small to be EP. It feels more like a game pack to me. I know I should wait for a sale, but I know myself and as soon as I see people posting gameplay videos I will buy it. I just can't wait.
    I wish that there would be more content in this pack, though. :neutral:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    I will be pre-ordering today, in fact. I'm not sure if I'll be able to have a horse in my game, since my main save is full up, but I can certainly use the mini-sheep and goats to augment my Ancestral game save I've been working on these past couple of days.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    Other.
    "Holy Horses Batman! There's More In the Code!" Thread called out the code in September '19. So exited they are following through with putting them in game, but I'm so nervous. I hope they aren't tied to the barns like cows and lamas, but I fear they are. I won't buy if they are.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Thus far from how it looks, majority of gameplay seems to just be centered around horses (yeah, duh 'horse ranch') and everything else seems pretty 'meh'. Only see myself using nectar item quite often.

Also where's the mechanical bull in this pack?
    5vJrxmT.png