Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you use clubs in your game?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2023
    I create clubs for coworkers, classmates, friend groups, family groups and hobby groups, but I also like to use clubs to make NPCs and custom community lots.

If there's a particular community lot I want but the game doesn't have, like a bank for my business sims to roleplay in an active work environment, I create a club filled with sims in the business career, create their work uniforms, and set up the rules so that they mimic actively working at a bank, talk to clients, refine skills, drink coffee, etc.

Before cottage living added Mrs. Crumplebottom I made a club to mimic having her in my game, she would show up at night clubs, always be in an angry mood, never do romantic interactions, be mean to everyone, and knit.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,912 Member
    I tried to create a club based on what another Player had created, but sadly, the club still fails epically for me. Mostly I don't bother. The notion of having a Family Club that you could use to gather the family together more easily just didn't work out. I guess my families are too big, or something. I don't get the concept of wining points to expand the membership. Unless you throw club meetings left, right and sideways, it's a waste of time to me.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,829 Member
    edited June 2023
    In the past I've used clubs to boost a sim in skill building and to make friends along the way. In the future I plan on using the club system in a more creative way like a homework club or a singles club. I think people forget that you can make hangouts. Find or build a community lot with extra space so you can make a club space.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,120 Member
    When I was playing my mermaid sim who was a conservationist, I started a club for cleaning up the beaches to make the process faster lol. Bit cheaty I guess, but I really wanted to see the baby turtle hatching. <3
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,101 Member
    When I set up a new game I like to create clubs for NPCs so that there will be life in different venues. For instance a pool club for the park in oasis springs, a movie club for my "cinema" (actually a restaurant) and so on, that way those things get used even when they're not the "right" lot type... I generally like the game to feel more alive that way.

For my played sims, I usually create clubs with all the family members (especially as kids move out). Makes holidays and birthdays dead simple to arrange. For teens and kids friends or homework clubs are good too, and if my sim work in a semi-active career I usually create a work club for that career and a "work place" for them to go (usually in some kind of retail lot, basement or on top of it). That way my sim can go to work, talk to their co-workers and do their work tasks and then go home at the end of the day, just like an active career.

I tried hobby clubs but I kept forgetting them.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    MiddayMidday Posts: 32 Member
    Like @GalacticGal said, I think this only works when you have a small family. They outgrow the function real quick

For me I like to buy the rally the troops option and rally the troops. You can do it as many times as you want and it boosts them through the night, also it's good for if your sim's needs are bad right before work
  • Options
    JimG72JimG72 Posts: 1,161 Member
    The notion of having a Family Club that you could use to gather the family together more easily just didn't work out. I guess my families are too big, or something. I don't get the concept of wining points to expand the membership. Unless you throw club meetings left, right and sideways, it's a waste of time to me.

I don't mess with all that. I use MCCC to bump up the club member count. My Family Club has 11 members and additional ones can be added by simply "inviting" them to join the club directly. It's a very easy way for me to get all the family members together for a BBQ or something like that. It's also helpful because the activities can be set. I have mine set so they don't browse the internet, watch TV or work out during club meetings. I also have a "Neighbors" Club with the 3 families that live nearby to my main family and have kids the same age. Same thing. It's an easy way to quickly get all the neighbors together to hang out.
  • Options
    MrPlumbobMrPlumbob Posts: 339 Member
    I don't get the concept of wining points to expand the membership. Unless you throw club meetings left, right and sideways, it's a waste of time to me.

As @JimG72 said you can use MCCC to increase the number of club members, but I also wanted to mention that there's an option to increase club points as well. I use it so I can buy the member capacity upgrade right away.

As for me, In my main save, I have around 200 sims (I play with aging off) I have a few clubs. (they are listed in the spoiler)
    a teen club for my teen sims: They get together and eat pizza and watch movies. (one of the families have a home theater room)

clubs for the parents: The moms get together and talk and have snacks, and the dads get together and grill and occasionally go to the local bar.

a club for my famous sims: who meet at the lounge in del sol valley or at each others mansions and watch each other play music (most of my celebrities are musicians) and have fancy food and juice.

a club for the wealthy sims: (the Landgraabs, the Goths, and a few of my families.) They meet at Club Calico in Brindleton Bay where they drink coffee and socialize

a cooking club: They meet at either the Britechester University Commons, where I have built a restaurant-grade kitchen in the basement, or at Summer Holiday's house in Tartosa (she has a culinary degree and level 10 cooking and owns a restaurant in Magnolia Promenade.)

In addition to these, I have the clubs that appear if you delete all of the default clubs (cosplay club, fishing club, i think there's a swimming club?)

I may have more, but I haven't played in that save in a few months.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited June 2023
    I mostly have "family clubs" for all my families to gather (playing rotational with ageing off, my families are rather big, multi-generational and spread out all over the worlds), also some friends clubs and the very important coven for my witches.

One of the things I find so useful is that you can lock doors and only allow members of clubs through, so for example of only members of the coven (club) can go through the gate and enter the "secret" part of my "witching woods" (park).
    And because dancing is one of the club activities, they tend to dance arround the bonfire I placed there autonomously.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    momelimberhammomelimberham Posts: 75 Member
    I use clubs so rarely I actually forgot where the club option even was! I pretty much just make homework clubs for the kids in a household so they'll all actually do their homework. In my most recent save that didn't work great, one of the kids just kept moping every time the club met up and never did his homework. And then I forgot for 3 (sims) days that I was supposed to end the gathering at some point.
    Can one awkward man find love when nobody knows what he looks like? Check out Joe Baghead season 1