Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TEEN SURVIVOR - DEFENSIVE SMACKDOWN CHALLENGE - UPDATED JULY 28, 2023 (ON HIATUS UNTIL THE NEW YEAR)

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited February 17
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - NIGHT INTO DAY 2

JOEY-DIVES-FOR-INGREDIENTS-MUST-BE-HUNGRY.png
    The day dragged on and the teens started to feel the effects of living there. With no shelter from the elements, other than the small hut, some teens were ill-equipped to deal with the plummeting temperatures and were in jeopardy of freezing to death.

AND-NOW-NALIA-IS-FREEZING-TO-DEATH.png

FREEZING-NALIA.png

Others were overcome with the stench that permeated their clothing...and even though showers were available, it was of little help.

BOB-JUST-TOOTED.png

Nightfall descended and creepy crawlies seemed to appear, sometimes in swarms, attacking unsuspecting teens. Those bitten hoped they wouldn't succumb to any infection from the bites...

JENNY-ATTACKED-BY-BEES.png

Even the most stalwart of them was starting to feel the effects. And it seemed as if the lot itself wanted to swallow them whole as they felt the earth tremble beneath them.

GOSH-THAT-WAS-AN-EARTH-TREMOR.png

EARTHQUAKE-TREMOR.png

But the worse was to come...because then the hunger started...and nothing they did seemed to quell the gnawing emptiness they felt. Their minds were filled with thoughts of food...or lack thereof. And the words of the Head Watcher echoed in their head of dying of starvation...

MALCOLM-IS-TOO-HUNGRY-TO-CINTINUE.png

7-NAM-DAY-2-RAVENOUS.png

They were exhausted and slept where they could. With everything against them, the teens wondered if they would even make it to the next morning...

JOURNEY-HEADS-TO-BED.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SPRING - DAY 2

DAY-2-SPRING.png

The next day remained cold and there was a light rain. Most of the teens were very uncomfortable, even worse now that they were feeling cold and wet. Rex headed over to the garden and saw that the carrots were ready. He harvested them all and decided to plant 4 additional carrots in the planter which had held the death flowers in the shelter. In his haste to plant the seeds, he hadn't realized that green peppers only grew in the summer, so there was no harvest from them. He counted out the carrots and divided them up. Three carrots each. It wasn't a lot, but it would have to do. Tomorrow, they would have more.

REX-PLANTED-4-MORE-CARROTS.png

Rex went around to each teen and gifted them the carrots.

CARROTS-FOR-BREAKFAST.png

Even though they were famished, he told them to try to space the carrots out during the day, and so reluctantly, they all ate just one carrot. As he gave the last carrot to Journey, she looked strangely at Rex as if she had just discovered something about him.

Journey whispered quietly, "Rex, you're...you're glowing. I've only seen one other sim do that...and they were a...oh gosh...you're a...", she stammered her eyes widening.

JOURNEY-ALSO-KNOWS.png

Rex just nodded and he knew that Journey had discovered he was an alien, too. But what surprised him, even more, was that Journey wanted to be his friend.

Journey: "Rex, you're a good guy. You've saved a lot of us from hunger by sharing your food, and I'd be honored to call you my friend..."

REX-IS-DISCOVERED.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

During the day, the teens tried to keep busy waiting for 9 pm to arrive, when the fateful next challenge would take place.

Bob and Joey headed to the pool area.

WARM-WATER-PEE-JOEY-AND-BOB.png

Bob: "Oh yeah...there's a warm spot here, Joey! Can you feel it? Ooohhh...feels so good..."

Joey looked at Bob not wanting to tell him that he had secretly just...um...relieved himself in the water.

JOEY-JUST-PEED-IN-THE-POOL.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Afterward, Joey got out and headed over to chat with Nalia.

AHHH-JOEY-HAS-A-CRUSH.png

Joey had noticed Nalia the very first day they arrived. Yeah, she had dirt on her face, but hey, can a guy help who he's attracted to? Plus, a little dirt on a girl looks sexy. Well, it does to Joey. There was just something about her, and Joey suddenly had visions of them diving for thrills in a dumpster together. Oh gosh! Joey! Behave!

JOEY-HAS-A-CRUSH-ON-NALIA.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Bob came over and sat beside Rex on the log.

Bob: "Rex, I just wanted to thank you for those carrots, dude. I have to tell you something though. I dumpster dove and I...um...I found a meal and I...I ate it all..."

Rex: "Bob, I'm glad you listened to Joey and found something. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I won't be above doing it, too. Anything to survive, right?"

bob-and-rx.png

Bob: "So you're not mad?"

Rex: "Why should I be?"

Bob: "Because I didn't share with everyone..."

Rex: "Nah...to be honest, I don't think many teens would have wanted to eat what you found. So, we're all good..."

Bob: "You know bro, you are one special sim. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you had this aura about you..."

Rex: "Yeah, a green stench aura. It's probably time to take another shower..."

rex-is-pink.png

Bob: "No...it's like...um...a glow...but it changes...I kind of noticed it before..."

Rex: "Yeah, my emotions, I can't hide them..."

Bob: "Geez and I thought I had problems. Well, dude, you're alright by me..."

And with that they became friends and Rex knew that another teen had discovered he was an alien. Sheesh! So much for his disguise.

BOB-HAS-NOW-FOUND-OUT-ABOUT-REX.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

MALCOLM-IS-SO-HAPPY-AND-JENNY-IS-SO-MISERABLE.png

Meanwhile, a rather unlikely pair seem to be getting along. Geez...look at Malcolm smiling at Jenny, and Jenny looks so miserable. Maybe that's the thing, Jenny is the only one who will put up with him. Seriously, what do these two have in common? Malcolm is an evil snob, and Jenny is an adventurous athlete. Maybe Malcolm likes Jenny because of her adventurous nature, and maybe Jenny wishes she could be more dastardly like Malcolm. Maybe they are planning something against the Head Watcher. Malcolm has an evil plan and Jenny is going to use her muscle and carry it out. I mean she did beat up a gang member. Who really knows what is going on here, but they seem to click, and they become friends.

Yeah, Malcolm seems to be really obsessed with Jenny. Oh gosh! Malcom! Really? Can you give Jenny some privacy? Reign in those raging teen hormones of yours Malcolm!

MALCOLM-WHAT-ARE-YOU-DOING.png

And somehow the obsession is mutual. Oh no, Jenny, you too?

jenny-at-the-showers.png
    OH-GOSH-ITS-MALCOLM.png

embarassed-moodlet-from-shower.png

Oh? Just an accident you say? Alright, maybe they are just waiting in line for the shower to be free. Yeah, that's it! Regardless, take a cold shower, you two!

w-AITING-IN-LINE.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Journey was cleaning.

JOURNEY-DECIDES-TO-DO-LAUNDRY.png

A lot. All the time.

JOURNEY-CLEANS-UP-THE-LOT.png

Maybe it was her way of putting order back in the Simworld.

But we know what it really is. It's a secret neat trait. She doesn't have that "neat" trait, but it's there. Hidden. Just waiting.

And in times like this, it comes out and there is nothing she can do to stop it.

So, Journey cleans...

journey-cleaning-the-shower.png

...and cleans...

JOURNEY-AUTO-HANGING-UP-CLOTHES.png

...and cleans...

Maybe everything is just getting too much for Journey...maybe there is too much to clean...

or-maybe-not-1.png

But maybe when everything is clean, she will know that the Simworld will be alright...

journey-driving-herself-crazy.png

...or maybe not...!!!

or-maybe-not-wide-eyes.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The sun had set and it was already the evening of Day 2. Just before 9 pm, the Head Watcher arrived with two guards who were dragging some telescopes behind them. The "Starlight, Starbright" challenge was about to begin.

just-before-9pm-the-head-watcher-arrived.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I did control Rex to harvest and gift the carrots to each teen, and had the teens eat the 3 carrots over the course of the day. I know that sims take food from their inventory if it is a dish, but wasn't sure if they did this for vegetables. I don't think they do. So, yes, I did help them a bit, but seriously, it barely got their hunger up.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

All the teens now have at least one friend.

Jodi, Journey, and Bob are all friends with Rex and know he is an alien.
    Jenny and Malcolm are friends.
    Joey and Nalia are friends, and Joey has a crush on Nalia.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Options
    edited February 17
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - "STARLIGHT, STARBRIGHT" CHALLENGE

everyone-was-corralled-into-a-slot-with-a-telescope.png
    The Head Watcher stood at the entrance looking around and Rex just happened to be walking by when he arrived.

The Head Watcher narrowed his eyes at Rex: "Well I see you're still alive! I thought that maybe some of the other teens would have done you in..."

sorry-to-burst-your-bubble-but-im-still-here.png

Rex: "Nope. Still here. Still alive."

The Head Watcher smirked: "So, how many died overnight? It must have been SO sad when it happened..."

Rex turned towards him, "I don't know what you're talking about. No one died."

i-am-not-sure-how-it-happened.png

Head Watcher: "Impossible, a teen always dies the first night...hunger...cold...it gets to them...I don't believe you!"

Rex: "Well, I guess we're a hardy bunch...go ahead and check for yourself. We're all here..."

were-a-hardy-bunch.png

The Head Watcher spat out a command to the guards to set up the challenge and went to the back to check the graveyard. As he came closer, he realized that indeed there were no fresh graves.

Head Watcher: "Something's going on here...and when I find out what it is and who is responsible, I am going to personally ensure they never leave. And something tells me it's that Ranger kid...Grrrr!"

he-immediately-went-to-the-back-of-the-lot-and-there-were-no-fresh-graves.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Once all the telescopes were set up in the gated area, each teen was told to head inside. The enclosure gates were unlocked and the teens were free to leave at any time.

just-after-9pm-the-head-watcher-and-2-guards-arrived.png

Head Watcher: "This is an endurance challenge. Be the last one stargazing and you're the winner. Sounds simple, right? And I know that you will like the prize...food delivery of your choice. Maybe it will be a lovely cheese pizza, or some minestrone soup. Order what you want, the choice is yours. I will return at the end of the challenge, but we will be watching, so you won't be able to cheat. And now let's begin! A great night to do some stargazing, because you just never know what you'll see."

And with that, the Head Watcher laughed and he and the two guards left and locked the gate behind them.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And so it began. The teens stared in their telescopes and took notes. 10pm...11pm...midnight...1AM...and the teens continued to stargaze. The hours ticked by and the teens were still going strong at 2AM.

But their needs were plummeting...hunger and hygiene were the worse...and some of the teens were starting to tire...

And then it happened...poor Jenny is the first one out. She was just too exhausted to stargaze any longer...

jenny-is-out-1.png

And almost a moment later, Journey calls it quits...

journey-is-also-out-2.png

It started to rain again, which made them all wet and uncomfortable. Oh no! Another teen is out...and it's Rex...

r-EX-IS-OUT-TELESCOPE.png

And boom...a second later, Jodi is out as well.

jodi-is-now-out-4.png

There are now four teens left, Joey, Malcolm, Bob, and Nalia...

malcolm-out-nexty-3-left.png

But wait...Malcolm is out...the call of the showers is too much for him...

Three left, Joey, Bob, and Nalia. Oh, but no...Joey is out...

and-joey-is-out-next-6.png

Which leaves Nalia and Bob. Who will win?

down-to-bob-and-nalia.png

help-i-think-i-saw-something.png
    bob-get-to-shelter.png

Uh oh! Bob just saw something in the sky, and it's not a good thing! Bob looks really scared!

bob-is-out-and-nalia-is-the-winner.png

Bob can't seem to continue. He seems unnerved, and he is out. This means that Nalia is the last stargazer and wins the challenge. Congratulations to Nalia!

bob-you-better-seek-shelter.png

Something is wrong...Bob isn't moving. It's like he is standing there in shock.

Rex runs over, "Bob...it's over...what are you doing? Come on, get out of here!"

i-have-a-bad-feeling-about-this-rex.png

Bob: "Can't...it's coming....right for me! Can't move..."

15-mins-left.png

The realization hits Rex, and he yelled: "Bob! What's coming? From the sky? The sky is falling? Dang it! Run for shelter! Come on...now! Go! Run for the shelter and you'll be safe!"

But Bob just crouched down where he was with his hands over his head, and Rex wondered what was going on. Rex looked up and saw a bright light in the sky heading toward them. Holy Plumbobs!

bob-run.png

Rex shouted: "Everyone, take cover! Meteor in-coming! Hurry!"

All the teens scrambled for cover, but the only one who didn't move was Bob. It was too late.

bob-hit-to-smithereens.png

The ground shook when the meteorite hit and smoke filled the air. And Rex knew that Bob hadn't made it.

Rex was in shock, "Oh Bob...it's all my fault. I spun that darn challenge...oh bro...I'm so sorry..."

omg-its-all-my-fault.png

The other teens came over and several started crying. When the smoke cleared, there lay Bob, with the meteorite beside him.

it-was-too-late-the-grim-reaper-was-here.png

And then from behind, they felt a cold blast of air and a "whoosh". The Grim Reaper had arrived. And with Grim's arrival, they knew that Bob was dead.

ob-is-dead.png

Rex felt awful. The guilt of having spun this challenge and having his friend die was really hard. If there was only a way that Rex could convince the Grim Reaper to bring Bob back to life. Rex thought for a moment and then realized that maybe there was. The death flower! Jodi had said that you could give it to the Grim Reaper to save someone's life.

Rex took the death flower from his pocket and went up to the Grim Reaper, "A trade. This flower for Bob's life. Deal?"

bring-him-back-i-have-this-for-you.png

Grim took the flower and spoke to Rex, "Sims have only 1 life to live, but in exchange for this beautiful flower, I will grant this sim another chance..."

And suddenly Grim spoke some words and lifted his hands in the air, and Bob....oh my gosh...Bob was alive again! It had worked!

Bob: "Hey! Did I win? I must have passed out...but geez...I feel so tingly..."

you-da-man.png

Nalia: "Um, Bob...sorry, you didn't win. I did. How does Canadian bacon pizza,..and...um...chicken stir fry sound? Just ordering it now. The Head Watcher never said I couldn't order more than one meal, right? So, I'm ordering for everyone. We've been through enough tonight."

i-want-to-order-some-food.png

One of the other teens had videotaped the whole incident and gave Rex their phone. Rex went up to Bob and showed him the video.

dont-watch-funny-videos-at-a-time-like-this.png

Bob: "Holy smithereens! I was dead? And you saved me? Rex, you're my hero, bro. I owe you my life man. Anything you want, I will do it...just name it...anything..." Bob and Rex are now good friends.
    bob-ha-been-saved-1.png

yeah-friends-forever.png

And just then the pizza and Zoomer orders arrived, and Nalia headed out to get them.

your-pizza.png

Bob, eating a piece of pizza: "This is the best pizza I've ever tasted! Thank you Nalia for sharing with everyone, and thank you Rex for saving my life. This is the best night ever!"

best-pizza-ever.png

Just then the gate opened, and the Head Watcher and two guards had returned. The Head Watcher saw the Grim Reaper there but noticed that all the teens were accounted for. He headed over to speak with Grim. After speaking for a few minutes, forbidden words were heard spewing from the Head Watcher's mouth. The Head Watcher wasn't happy.

how-are-they-still-alive.png

The Head Watcher turned and gave Rex an icy glare and then pointed to Nalia, "You, Nalia...spin the wheel for the next challenge..."

Nalia went over and gave the wheel a good spin. "Electric Boogie" was what she spun, and no one knew what that meant.

electric-boogie-chosen.png

The Head Watcher smiled an evil smile,"Excellent choice...and from the teen who loves to dance and party! Oh, this is rich!" he said laughing, "We will return later today to set up for the next challenge. It will begin at 9 PM tonight."

The Head Watcher then went over and placed ribbons beside everyone's photo. Before he left, the Grim Reaper left a Lil Grimmie statue beside Bob's photo. It was a rather eerie reminder that Bob had been raised from the dead.

BESIDE-BOB-THERE-WAS-A-LIL-GRIM.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Yes! The death flower worked and Rex saved Bob! However, this means that Rex doesn't have any more death flowers, so he can't save any of his other friends that way. He can; however, still plead for their lives...which may or may not work. Since Bob was saved once, he can't be saved again.

Electric Boogie (Electric Slide) is a song by Marcia Griffiths, 1990.
  • Options
    IrishsongIrishsong Posts: 1,754 Member
    Lot Tour Part 1:
    "After his purchase, he handed the horseshoe to Nalia and said that he hoped it would bring her luck. They stood there for a moment, and when Nalia gazed into his eyes, it was as if she felt her heart beat a bit faster." That's how you flirt! Fantastic. Love it!

Aye! Kelly Clarkson! Journey has good taste lol.

Lot tour Part 2:
    Aw, friends already! That's awesome, and a good source of drama if it were to arise. (I'm always looking for drama, it's just how my brain works.)
    [/spoiler]

Night to Day 2
    "Well, it does to Joey. There was just something about her, and Joey suddenly had visions of them diving for thrills in a dumpster together. Oh gosh! Joey! Behave!" aw, that's sweet! I hope that works out. I don't have the teen pack, so I don't deal with crushes, but I'm considering getting it once my sims have kids that age. Do you recommend it?

"Rex knew that another teen had discovered he was an alien. Sheesh! So much for his disguise." Honestly, aliens are a cool concept, but the fact that they keep being discovered over and over again makes them a hassle for me. They're in a disguise! Or you've known this about them before, why is this a new revelation? I wish we could turn it off.

Lol, Journey cleaning is fantastic. I love it. Gotta keep busy some how, may as well clean everything! So proud of my sim daughter.

Rex seems to be a leader! He's really becoming the center of a wheel here.

Starlight Star Bright Challenge

Hopefully they can get their feet under them soon in terms of hunger. Soon they'll be swimming in carrots, *fingers crossed*. Good chapter, I enjoyed it!
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    edited February 17
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - DAY 3 - IT'S GOOD TO BE ALIVE

BOB-HAVING-HIS-OWN-KIND-OF-FUN.png
    After the Head Watcher had left, most of the teens headed over to the pool area to eat their food. They weren't really chatting, just eating quietly and thinking about what had just happened...and thinking that it could have been them.

AS-THEY-SAT-BY-THE-EDGE-OF-THE-POOL-THEY-ALL-THOUGHT-ABOUT-WHAT-HAD-JUST-HAPPENED.png

Bob, on the other hand, was in great shape. He had eaten delicious food and was now ready to head to his comfy dumpster for a good sleep. He didn't know why more teens didn't sleep in them. They were so warm and comfy, must better than those prickly bushes.

bob-is-definitely-not-above-diving-for-meals.png

FROM-SLEEPING-IN-THE-DUMPSTER-BOB.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SPRING - DAY 3:

In the morning, Bob was the first one up and headed over to the garden area. All night, Bob had thought about Rex and how he could ever pay him back for saving his life. Bob hadn't been very active on the lot, and as far as helping out, he hadn't done too much. But today was the start of a new Bob. He saw that the carrots were ready and quickly harvested them all. What a haul today!

DAY-3-SPRING-BOB-IS-UP-HARVESTING.png

brush-with-death-bob.png

He brought them over to Rex and saw the surprised look on Rex's face.

Bob: "Hey, bro, I wanted to help you out, so I harvested the carrots."

rex-and-bob-chat-on-the-log.png

Rex thanked him and then counted them and divided them up, "Each sim can have 5 carrots today."

Bob: "Rex, if there is anything else I can do for you...ever... let me know..."

Rex nodded his head and then looked at Bob, "You know Bob, this might be asking too much, but, well, if something happens to me, would you...would you ensure my lil bro is safe and makes it to the "mystery" world?"

Bob: "That's your wish, right? For you, Rex, no problem. But hey...you're going to make it, Rex, I know you will. But if not...don't worry, I'll do it...just tell me where he is...and I'll talk to The Fates about it."

Rex told Bob about the Granite Falls' secret location and thanked him, "So, what about you, Bob, what was your wish? I mean, if you want to tell me..."

hey-rex-i-wanted-to-say-thanks-for-the-carrots-man.png

Bob: "Yeah, it's okay...that...well, you know when I wrote that wish I thought I was really going to the "mystery" world. Thought we were all going. So, my wish was pretty basic. I just wanted to make some pancakes for everyone in the "mystery" world and I needed ingredients to do it. The teens really liked the pancakes in Copperdale, and I just wanted to make some as a thank you for being in that "mystery" world. But now, knowing what happened to those teens who attended the parties, I just feel bad about my pancakes being so popular and bringing in more teens to those parties."

Rex: "Bob, all you were trying to do was make the teens happy with your pancakes. You didn't do anything wrong. It was the Watchers who took advantage of the fact that your pancakes were so popular. You should still do it, Bob. Make the residents of the "mystery" world happy with your pancakes."

Bob thought about it, "Yeah, you're right, Rex. If I get there, I'll make pancakes for everyone. A big community event. I put my best pancake recipe in that box along with my wish...so, Rex...can I ask you...if I...well, if you...could you...?"

Rex: "Bob, say no more, if I get to that "mystery" world, I'll make sure I'll carry out your wish..."

if-the-fates-agree.png

Bob: "Thanks, you're the best. Maybe we should make a pact or something Rex, you know, with the other teens, that whoever makes it out of here will carry out the wishes of the others. Do you think they'd go for that?"

Rex: "That might be up to The Fates to decide, but, yes, it sounds good."

Bob picked up the carrots, "Okay, well let's hand out these carrots and talk to everyone. It's worth a try...and if they don't make it, at least their wish might be granted if The Fates agree."

Rex thought about Jodi's wish then, "Some of the teens might not want to reveal their wish to us. I don't think we should press them, just that whoever survives would carry out everyone's wishes..."

Bob: "Agreed."

JOEY-AND-REX-CHAT-DAY-3.png

And so Bob and Rex went around to all the teens handing out the carrots and talked about the wishes. All of the teens agreed, that if the Fates agreed, they would carry out everyone's wishes, too. But one teen did not agree. Malcolm Landgraab.

how-are-you-going-to-make-my-wish-come-true.png

Malcolm was rather scathing when Rex and Bob approached him, "How the heck do you think you're going to make my wish come true, huh? My wish was to get married and start a family...so how is anyone else going to do that? It can't be done! I am the one who has to survive and get to the "mystery" world and make sure that the Landgraab name is carried on. It's my genes, the Landgraab genes! The Landgraab name! I'm the only one who can do that. And I was already supposed to be there...not here! Paid good simoleons to get to the "mystery" world. So, when I am the sole survivor, the only wish I will be carrying out is my own!"

Rex and Bob just looked at each other. They hadn't known what Malcolm's wish had been. But, it was true. It might be rather impossible to carry out Malcolm's wish if he didn't survive.

heres-your-dang-carros.png

Malcolm looked at them angrily, "And if you want your dang carrots back because I won't agree to carry out your wishes, then you can have them! I can survive on my own. I don't need you!" he said as he flung the carrots in their direction and walked off in a huff.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

forlorn-malcolm.png

Malcolm stomped off to the area near the showers and stood there in silence trying to calm down. Having witnessed Bob actually dying last night had brought back bad memories of his parents and how helpless he had felt knowing there was nothing he could do.

mother-im-sorry.png

A tear rolled down his cheek, as he whispered softly, "Oh Mother, everything is a mess...I may not make it...the Landgraab name may die with me...I know I promised...but, I'm sorry...I'm so sorry..."

He wiped the tear away. Dang! This wasn't like him. He had to get a grip! He had to survive! And then he remembered the carrots that he had thrown away in anger. He shook his head. Geez! That was a bad move.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Around the camp, the teens were doing various activities.

Jenny decided to play the violin. Journey came over to listen to her, and from the look on Journey's face...um...well, Journey has never heard anything like this before.

JENNY-HAS-DECIDED-TO-PLAY-THE-VIOLIN.png

Oh gosh! Maybe Jenny should stick to cheerleading. Or perhaps that violin is defective. Um...yeah...that's it...nothing at all to do with Jenny's having no skill in violin at all. Right?

jenny-violin-time.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jodi plays the Don't Wake The Llama game. Over and over she concentrates and pulls out a stick.

jodi-practicies-dont-wake-the-llama.png

Ugh! That last stick just toppled it all over. Oops! Keep practicing Jodi.

i-cant-believe-that-happened.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Nalia was cold...

nalia-freezing-to-death.png

Yep, freezing to death.
    nalia-freezing-to-death-notice.png

You would think that with the cold temperature, Nalia would change her clothes. But nope she doesn't. But she does head to the fireplace and lights it. That should get her nice and warm soon.

nalia-warming-herselfup.png

Oh no! Maybe too warm! More like hot! She's on fire! FIRE!

nalia-on-fire-and-bob-springs-to-action-from-his-dumpster.png

Bob is the first to respond. I guess it's a good thing that he naps in the dumpster. Look at him just jump right out! He must have found a fire extinguisher in there because he brings it with him.

Everyone comes running and screaming, but Bob saves the day! Thankfully, Nalia only got her hair singed a bit.

fire-erupts-int-eh-camp-nalia-on-fire.png

being-on-fire-moodlet.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After all the stress of that fire, Journey needed a relaxing soak in the pool. Joey swims beside her. Um, Joey...you better not have relieved yourself again! (No, he didn't lol)

JOURNEY-AND-JOEYT-IN-THE-POOL.png

Afterward, yep, we already know what Journey does...more cleaning.

journey-cleans-up.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Joey had gone over to the bonsai bush and was trimming it. Who knew he was so creative?

JOEY-DECIDES-TO-TRIM-THE-BONSAI-TOO.png

Ahhh....how sweet, he made a bonsai heart. He must be thinking of Nalia.

JOEY-DOES-A-BONSAI-HEART.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And, just before 9 PM, the Head Watcher arrives with the guards bringing in some curious items. This meant that the dreaded next challenge was about to begin.

the-head-watcher-arrives-for-electric-boogie-challenge.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    It still cracks me up that Journey auto cleans everything. Love that!

I hadn't thought of what Journey and Joey's wishes would be, I wonder what everyone's wishes are.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Irishsong

A bit picture heavy due to the challenge pics.

TEEN SURVIVOR - ELECTRIC BOOGIE CHALLENGE

BROKEN-ELECTRICAL-ITEMS.png
    The Head Watcher instructed the guards to set up the challenge and surveyed the lot. He thought he saw one of the teens eating something. He believed her name was Jodi.

Head Watcher: "You, Jodi...what are you eating?"

jodi-eating-the-darrot.png

Jodi was taken aback and tried to hide the item in her hand, "Er...nothing...just something I found...in the garden..."

The Head Watcher demanded to see what it was, and Jodi held out her hand with the carrot in it.

what-is-in-your-hand.png

The Head Watcher narrowed his eyes and snatched it from her, "A carrot? From the garden you say?" he said and snapped the carrot viciously in half.

eatcher-yelling-at-jodi-for-carrot.png

The Head Watcher then went to the garden and saw that there were little mounds where items had been planted. The Head Watcher thought for a moment and then realized where these had come from, and grew angry just thinking about it.

Head Watcher: "That kid...Rex! He got vegetables as a prize. He planted these! Well, we'll see about that..."

The Head Watcher called the guards over and instructed them to uproot whatever was buried in those garden plots.

uprooting-the-plants.png

Head Watcher: "The kid thought he had out-smarted us by planting his vegetables in the garden. Sharing his food! Unheard of! Well, he's in for a surprise!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After the guards had set up the challenge area, the teens were corralled into their stalls again.

start-of-electric-boogie-challenege-2.png

The Head Watcher surveyed them all and spoke sharply, "This is a handiness challenge. Your task is simple. There are 4 items that you have to repair: a sign, a stereo, a computer, and a stove. After the sign is repaired, a small rubble pile will form, and you are to scavenge for parts and rummage through the pile. Once this is done, then the stereo is to be repaired, followed by scavenging and rummaging. This then continues for the computer, and lastly the stove. When all of the items have been repaired and all the rubble piles scavenged and rummaged, your scavenged piles will be evaluated. And the last one standing, with the most valuable scavenged items, will be the winner. Any questions so far?"

The teens were silent.

explainging-the-electric-boogie-challenge.png

Head Watcher: "Excellent! Now the winner of the challenge will be able to use the computer for 4 hours, order a meal of their choice, listen to some of their favorite tunes, and even dance. Who knows, some of you may even give us a demo of your "electric boogie" dance skills during the challenge!" he said chuckling.

The teens looked at each other.

Head Watcher: "Oh...I almost forgot...those garden plots were a bit weedy, so I instructed the guards to ensure that they were taken care of. I am sure that you won't find anything there anymore..."

jodi-it-was-all-her-fault.png

Jodi glanced at the gardens and noticed that there were no mounds anymore. Oh no! They had uprooted all the carrots! But before she could say anything, the Head Watcher told everyone to begin. Oh gosh! This was all her fault!

The Head Watcher and the guards promptly left and locked the gate behind them, letting the teens know that they were being watched.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The teens grabbed a screwdriver from the toolkit that had been provided and started working on the sign.

HARAT-WORK-ON-THE-FIRST-ITEM.png

They worked quietly and everything seemed to be fine with the first item.

bob-is-the-first-done-and-scavenges-for-parts.png

Bob is the first one finished and scavenges the rubble pile, and then rummages through it. He then moves onto the radio.

BOB-GETS-THE-FIRST-SHOCK-FROM-RADIO.png

Oh no! Bob gets a shock from the radio, and now is feeling seriously fried. Oh gee! He can't stop and continues repairing it.

JOEY-NOW-HAS-SERIOUSLY-FRIEND-MOODLET-2.png

All the other teens have now finished repairing the first item, have scavenged for parts and have moved on to repairing the radio.

everyone-now-on-item-2.png

Some commotion is happening over where Rex is. Oh no! Rex has been attacked by bats during the competition...

in-the-middle-of-the-challenge-rex-gets-attack-by-bats.png

Oh gosh! Rex got bitten! And then, Joey gets shocked at repairing the stereo. He must have been startled when Rex was attacked by bats and hit a live wire. This is not good at all!

JOEY-NOT-GOOD-BRO.png

Two of the teens now have the seriously fried moodlet, Bob and Joey, and they still have three items to repair.

JOEY-NOW-HAS-SERIOUSLY-FRIEND-MOODLET-2.png

Well, thankfully, Bob has finished repairing the radio, has scavenged his rubble pile, and is on to repairing the computer.

bob-is-now-on-no-3.png

It looks like everyone is now finished repairing the stereo and rummaging through their piles. Rex and Bob are repairing the computer.

rex-is-now-on-3rd-item.png

Nalia and Jodi are the last two to finish rummaging through their stereo piles as they head to the computer.

bobs-luck-has-run-out.png

And suddenly, just as everyone is repairing the computer, Bob gets another electric shock.

doing-the-electric-boogie.png

Oh no! This just isn't a little shock. Bob's whole body is dancing in mid-air.

boogie-on-down-bob.png

And as the last shock curses through his body, Bob falls down with a thud.

electric-bob.png

bob-electrocuted.png

Bob has been electrocuted and is dying.

GRIM-IS-BACK-AGAIN.png

And the Grim Reaper is back again. But this time, before any of the teens can even plead for Bob's life, Grim just waves his sickle and Bob disappears. Grim gave him another chance, but now Bob is really gone.

MALCOLM-LOOKS-AT-THE-URN-OF-BOB.png

Malcolm comes over and just looks at the urn. Maybe Malcolm had tried to run over and save Bob?

After a few moments, Grim waves for them to return to the challenge, and with mixed emotions, they continue. But Grim stays there. This is not a good sign. Does this mean that another teen might...might die tonight?

GRIM-JUST-STOOD-THERE-LIKE-HE-WAS-WAITING-FOR-SOMEONE-ELSE-TO-DIE.png

The teens are now down to their last item to repair, the stove...

CLEANING-AND-REPAIRING-THE-LAST-ITEM.png

Suddenly Rex gets shocked...and he's only halfway done. Rex is dazed, and very uncomfortable because he cut himself, is still recovering from the bat attack, and his best friend just died. He's not in good shape.

STOVE-REPAIR-MOODLET.png

And thankfully, Rex has finished repairing the stove without getting shocked again.

ALL-DONE-NOW-WHO-WON.png

Pretty soon, all the teens have finished repairing the stove and rummaging through their rubble piles. Grim comes over and writes the tally in his ledger (See Notes for the final tally), and finds that Jenny's rummaged pile is worth the most at 165 simoleons, and Jenny wins the challenge. Congratulations Jenny! She might have won, but she doesn't look too happy.

jenny-wins-electric-boogie-take-2.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

When the challenge was over, Jenny ordered the food delivery. And, as Nalia had done last night, Jenny ordered for everyone. When the food arrived, the teens headed to the graveyard and placed Bob's urn there. Jenny places a portion of the food delivery on the ground, and Rex places Bob's photo next to the grave. The teens are silent remembering Bob, until they hear some voices and realize that the Head Watcher has returned and that Jenny will have to spin for the next challenge. RIP (teen) Bob Pancakes. You will be missed.

rip-bob.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Apparently, there is a cheat code using TwistedMexi's mod to break all items on your lot. However, I don't use mods. So, in order to have all the electrical items break at once, I placed them on the lot before midnight. The Gremlins lot trait is enabled; which is supposed to break all the appliances overnight; however, that didn't work. So, I went into worldview and had two mermaids travel to the lot (They stayed outside the lot). Using the first mermaid, I had them use their mermadic powers and call for a rainstorm. This instantly broke all of the electrical items. Once that was done, I had the 2nd mermaid call for clear skies. I couldn't use the same mermaid to do both, as there is a cool-down period to use mermadic powers. Then I just saved, went back into worldview, and had the teen survivor sims start the challenge.

None of the teens had any handiness skills. Even though there was the pumpkin carving station, and I added the woodworking table, none of the teens went to these autonomously.

I was going to have Rex "plead" for Bob's life, as he was Bob's only friend, but before I had a chance for Rex to do that, Grim just took Bob's soul and Bob was gone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Electric Boogie Challenge Results:

Jenny wins the Electric Boogie Challenge: 12 common upgrade parts; 5 robot parts; 1 Appaloosa Plains postcard = 120 + 20 + 25 = 165

JENNY-ELECTRIC-BOOGIE.png

Rex: 11 common upgrade parts; 1 plumbing upgrade part; 3 robot parts = 110 + 30 + 15 = 155

ITEMS-FROM-ELECTRIC-BOOGIE-REX.png

Journey: 8 common upgrade parts; 2 plumbing upgrade parts; 3 robot parts = 155

JOURNEY-PARTS-ELECTRIC-BOOGIE.png

Jodi: 9 common upgrade parts; 1 plumbing upgrade part; 4 robot parts = 90 + 30 + 20 = 140

JODI-ELECTRIC-BOOGIE-PARTS.png

Nalia: 9 common upgrade parts; 2 plumbing parts; 3 robot parts = 90 + 60 + 15 = 130

NALIA-ELECTRIC-BOOGIE.png

Joey: 1 Houdstooth dye; 10 common upgrade parts; 3 robot parts = 10 + 100 + 15 = 125

oey-houdstooth.png

Malcolm: 7 common upgrade parts; 1 plumbing part; 3 robot parts = 70 + 30 + 15 = 115

malcolm-the-real-parts-electric-boogie.png
  • Options
    @Irishsong - Yes, Journey loves to clean. But she's not the only one, and it's rubbing off on everyone else! lol

As for the wishes...everyone has one...and I made some for Journey and Joey to align with their background stories. So far, Rex's wish, Bob's wish, Jodi's wish, and Malcolm's wish have been revealed. Some will be revealed soon, and some will be revealed at the end of the challenge.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - BUNNY TO THE RESCUE

BUNNY-HOME-AND-CARROTS.png
    The Head Watcher and the guards arrived, and the Head Watcher immediately sensed that something had happened. He chatted with Grim and was told that one of the teen survivors, Bob Pancakes, had passed. The Head Watcher couldn't hide the smile on his face when he heard the news.

head-watcher-smiles-after-hearing-about-bob.png

The teens walked back towards the entrance, and the Head Watcher asked Jenny to come forward.

Head Watcher: "Jenny, it's time for you to spin the wheel for the next challenge."

Jenny spun the wheel and "Flash Fishing" was chosen.

flash-fishing-challenge.png

The Head Watcher nodded his head, "An excellent choice for an adventure in the outdoors! And who knows...a few fish might even get fried! The challenge will commence at 7am tomorrow..."

The Head Watcher went over to the wall of photos and placed ribbons beside each one. He moved Bob's photo to another wall, and instead of a ribbon, the Head Watcher placed a death symbol beside Bob's photo.

after-the-electric-boogie-challenge-board.png

Jenny was brought to the shelter and told that she could use the computer and stereo for 4 hours, after which, they would be removed.

jenny-playing-a-game-her-prize.png

One of the guards whispered to the Head Watcher that The Fates had summoned him. That was odd, but as everything was in order, the Head Watcher and the guards left and would return again in 4 hours.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Head Watcher was escorted into a room and told to sit. Shortly afterward, The Fates entered the room and sat down.

all-the-fates.png

The Fates: "Head Watcher, we understand that there was an incident that occurred at the survival lot."

Head Watcher: "Yes, it did...so tragic really...Bob Pancakes was electrocuted when he was trying to repair a computer..."

WATCHER-WAITING.png

The Fates: "We have already been informed about Bob Pancakes' demise from the Grim Reaper. No, we are talking about another incident."

The Head Watcher looked confused, "I am sorry, but I do not know of another incident. Did another teen perish after I left the lot?"

The Fates: "We are talking about the garden, Head Watcher. Apparently, the teens had some plants growing in there and you instructed the guards to uproot the items. Do you care to explain?"

pirate-surprised-face.png

Head Watcher: "Oh yes, the garden. Well, they were growing carrots...sharing their food! I saw one of the teens eating a carrot which alerted me to this fact."

The Fates: "Do you have any idea which one of these teens came up with the idea to do this?"

Head Watcher: "I am almost positive it was that alien...Rex Ranger...he got vegetables as a prize in the first challenge. I am sure it was that kid who did it."

DEFENDING-HIMSELF.png

The Fates quietly looked at each other.

the-fates-2.png

The Fates: "Dr. F will be quite interested to know that it was the alien who came up with this plan. Sharing food has never happened before on the survival lot. I knew that having the alien there would have some unusual outcomes."

Head Watcher: "Yeah, that kid thought he could get away with it...sharing the food..." he said but was abruptly cut off.

we-do-not-approve.png

The Fates: "Head Watcher, there is nothing in the rules that says they cannot share their food. In fact, it was quite ingenious of them to think about that. Food is a basic survival requirement. And to work together as a community, it is quite commendable."

The Fates: "What we don't understand, Head Watcher, is why you did not report this sharing of food to us first, before taking matters into your own hands?"

Head Watcher: "I didn't think you'd approve of them sharing food. This is a survival lot."

this-happened-before.png

The Fates: "May I remind you Head Watcher, that we are trying to find the most suitable teen with the best survival skills to head to the "mystery" world. This teen was smart. He increased the food supply. And yes, sharing of food has never happened before, but this group seems to be different. They are working together. Excellent survival thinking as far as we are concerned. We cannot undo what you have done, but in the future, you will report any unusual findings to us first, and WE will determine a suitable outcome."

The Head Watcher was fuming but just nodded, "I understand."

YOU-HAVE-MADE-A-MISTAKE.png

The Fates: "Furthermore, to instill this directive, one day's food and water rations will be withheld from you. I trust that it will remind you of who is in charge before you take action. You are dismissed."

The Head Watcher left the room muttering Rex's name.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

jodi-tells-rex-about-the-carrots.png

At the survival lot, Jodi went up to speak with Rex.

Jodi: "Rex, the Head Watcher, and the guards...they took all the produce from the garden...and...and it's my fault..."

Rex: "What do you mean? They said they weeded it..."

Jodi: "No, the Head Watcher saw me eating a carrot, and then he went over to the garden and told the guards to uproot all the produce. I am so sorry, Rex. I never meant for this to happen..."

im-so-sorry-rex-about-the-carrots.png

Rex shook his head, "It's not you, Jodi. It's me. The Head Watcher probably figured out that I had planted those vegetables, and what he did was directed at me. I told you, the Head Watcher is out to get me..."

Jodi: "But now we have no food, Rex...."

Rex: "We should tell the others..."

telling-everyon-about-the-carrots.png

Rex called everyone together, except Jenny who was having her computer time. Jodi then told them all about the carrots and the garden.

Joey: "Well, the carrots in the garden might be gone...but we've still got carrots..."

well-there-are-carrots-joey.png

Everyone turned to Joey.

Joey: "Yeah...the bunny...I don't know how he got some...but he's got his own little carrot patch growing right behind his bunny hole. I saw it when I went to the graveyard, to um.., pay my respects. In fact, there are these carrot clumps all over the place...I found 5 of them...buried in the grass...there could be more..."

showing-the-carrots-stash.png

Malcolm turned to Joey: "Did you say you found 5 carrot plants?"

Joey: "Yeah, come on, I'll show you..." And with that, all the teens followed Joey as he pointed out the carrot clumps on the lot.

Malcolm shook his head, "Those carrots...those are the ones that I...that I threw on the ground..."

THEYRE-MY-CARROTS.png

Nalia: "Why would you throw good carrots away?"

WHY-DID-YOU-THROW-AWAY-GOOD-CARROTS.png

Malcolm: "I was mad about something..."

Rex: "Malcolm's right...those are his carrots...so he has a right to them..."

Joey: "Well, actually, I do believe they belong to the bunny now...and I'm sure the bunny would share if we are nice to him...like not make rabbit stew out of him or anything..."

WELL-THEY-ARE-THE-BUNNIES-CARROTS.png

Malcolm looked at Rex, "They were originally Rex's, so he should make the decision..."

Rex: "Joey, your bunny friend, and Malcolm might have just saved us..."

WELL-IF-IT-HADNT-BEEN-FOR-THE-BUNNY-AND-MALCOLM.png

Malcolm looked at Rex.

Rex: "If Malcolm hadn't thrown those carrots away, we would really be in dire straights right now. I suggest that we leave the carrots where they are as they are well hidden. And don't hurt the bunny, either. Who knows what else the bunny has found on the lot that we've missed..."

WHAT-IS-THAT-OVER-THERE.png

Nalia motioned near one of the planters, "Um...Rex...I see something growing over there. Do you think that the guards might have dropped a carrot and it's growing there, too?"

They all walked over to the garden, and sure enough, there was a plant growing there.

Jodi looked closely at it, "It's a plant, but it's not a carrot plant. It's a...it's a trash plant. I've only seen one once in a book. It is quite rare, but apparently, the trash fruit is edible."

IVE-ONLY-SEEN-ONE-IN-A-BOOK.png

Journey: "You're right, Jodi. I've seen these all over Everygreen Harbor, growing in amongst the trash there..."

Joey: "So, it looks like we've got some food again," he said plucking a fruit from the trash plant, "Oh yum! Carrots and trash fruit are my favorite foods ever! And you know...you can still find food in those dumpsters...you just have to dive for it..."

JEY-EATING-TRASH-FRUIT.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few hours later, the gate opened, and in walked the Head Watcher and the guards. The guards went to the shelter and removed the computer and stereo. Meanwhile, the Head Watcher walked over to the garden area and saw something growing there. A guard approached him and said that the task had been done.

Guard: "Head Watcher, I see a plant growing near the garden. Should I uproot it?"

leave-it.png

Head Watcher: "NO! LEAVE IT!" he shouted, "I don't know what type of plant it is, but it is not a carrot plant. Maybe it is poisonous. Perhaps in their hunger, the teens might eat it and perish. And that would be such a loss..."

maybe-it-will-be-poison.png

As they turned to leave, the Head Watcher spotted Rex and glared at him.

the-head-watcher-really-hates-rex.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

When I was surveying the lot, I noticed that there was a plant growing near Skellie and it turned out to be a carrot. Perhaps someone had dropped one there, or the bunny stole one from the garden. Anyways, it was growing there all on its own. As well, a trash plant had sprouted near the garden. So, because Malcolm had thrown his 5 carrots on the ground, and we already met the resident bunny, let's just say the teen survivors now have a bunny friend. I did place 4 other carrot plants in amongst the grass, which accounts for Malcolm's 5 carrots that he threw away.

And because the Head Watcher is so bent on destroying Rex, he didn't think his actions through. He should have reported the carrot findings to The Fates first, and not removed them himself. Because of his actions, he was punished by The Fates which makes him hate Rex even more.
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - FLASH FISHING CHALLENGE

flash-fishing-cover.png
    The next morning, the teens were again able to harvest some carrots and trash fruit. The quota was 6 carrots each and 1 piece of trash fruit. All the teens ate a carrot right away as they were quite hungry.

It was a cool day and the weather was going to be "mysterious". The teens scrambled to get ready before the Head Watcher arrived.

MYSTERY-WEATHER-FISHING-CHALLENGE-DAY.png

Joey chatted with Rex for a bit and discovered that Rex was an alien. They are also now friends.

joey-rex-and-the-bunny-and-joey-discovers-rex-is-an-alien.png

joey-has-discovered-that-rex-is-an-alien.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Head Watcher and the two guards arrived just before 7AM. They were carrying some fishing rods and what looked like a camp cot. The Head Watcher instructed the guards to set up the items.

He then assembled the teens and told them about the challenge.

the-start-of-flash-fishing.png

Head Watcher: "Living off the land is a crucial survival skill," he said just as the teens heard some thunder rumbling. "So today, you will fish until midnight and the teen who catches the most fish will win the challenge. If there is a tie, the teen who catches the most goldfish will be the tie-breaker. If for some reason, you need a break because you can't fish, you can either cloud gaze or..." he held out his hand as he felt a drop of rain, "...play in the rain. You cannot leave this area and the shelter enclosure will be locked. Any questions?"

The teens were silent and just looked at the darkening sky.

Head Watcher: "The prize will be a fish feast, and also some quality time in the shelter overnight. A tub, a cozy place to sleep, and a cooler stocked with food and beverages will be available to the winner until 7am tomorrow morning. We will return then, and as always, we will be watching you," he said as a bolt of lightning streaked through the sky, "...and who knows...you might even flash fry some fish!"

AS-SOON-AS-THEY-START-FISHING-IT-STARTS-RAINING.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And so it begins, and so does the rain. Everyone is fishing, except Malcolm...who has to play in the rain.

MALCOLM-IS-MORE-INTERESTED-IN-PLAYING-IN-TEH-RAIN.png

And the first one to catch a fish is Rex, who catches a guppy.

REX-CATCHES-A-GUPPY.png

Journey has caught something, too...but it doesn't look like a fish.

NOT-EXACTLY-WHAT-JOURNEY-WANTS.png

And finally, Malcolm starts fishing.

FINALLY-MALCOLM-IS-FISHING.png

Oh gosh! It looks like Malcolm "caught" a lightning bolt! Yep, it definitely was "flash fishing".

FLASH-MALCOLM-STRUCK-ONCE-BY-LIGHTNING.png

Malcolm is a bit charred but continues to fish and catches the first goldfish.

MALCOLM-CATCHES-A-GOLDFISH.png

And Jodi also catches a goldfish.

JODI-CATCHES-A-FOLDFISH.png

And look at that huge tuna that Joey just caught.

JOEY-THAT-IS-GOOD-EATING-TONIGHT.png

Nalia is an on-and-off-again angler, but she does catch a goldfish.

NALIA-CATCHES-A-GOLDFISH.png

Jenny catches a box with a WaffleKone the Llamacorn Talking Toy in it. Great catch, Jenny, but you really need to catch a fish.

FINALLY-NALIA-JOINS-EVERYONE-FISHING.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It is already afternoon, and the thunderstorm is still in effect. Everyone is very uncomfortable and tense. And wet...they are all soaking wet standing there fishing.

EVERYONE-STILL-FISHING-NALIA-PLAYS-INT-EH-RAIN.png

Nalia isn't doing too well in this challenge. She prefers to play in the rain rather than fish...but even that ends up badly. Oh gosh, Nalia! That's an acid rain puddle! Get up! Quick!

POOR-NALIA-SLIPS-IN-AN-ACID-RAIN-PUDDLE.png

Oh no! And another teen is struck by lightning. This time it's Jenny!

JENNY-IS-NOW-HIT-BY-LIGHTNING.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It is now evening and look who has appeared to cheer on the teens! It's Bob! Even as a ghost, he's giving it his all!

BOB-HAS-COME-TO-CHEER-THEM-ON.png

All the teens are still fishing, and with less than 3 hours to go Rex is struck by lightning...

REX-HAS-NOW-BEEN-STRUCK-BY-LIGHTNING.png

But even in his charred state, Rex keeps fishing.

REX-CARRIES-ON.png

Wow! Look at that huge fish that Journey just caught!

JOURNEY-HUGE-FISH.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The challenge is over and everyone is placing their fishing rods on the ground, and then suddenly, out of nowhere, a lightning bolt hits Rex.

No! No! This can't be happening! Rex is dying from being struck by lightning.

DYING-FROM-LIGHTNING-STRILE-REX.png
    REX-IS-DYING-STRUCK-BY-LIHTNING.png

Oh gosh! Will someone save him?

OH-GOSH-REX.png

Poor Rex is lying on the ground and Grim appears. And all at once, another streak of lightning hits Malcolm! Oh no! Not another teen!

AND-WHILE-GRIM-IS-THERE-MALCOLM-GETS-STRUCK-AGAIN.png

But thankfully, Malcolm's moodlet of having been struck by lightning the first time had expired, so he is fine, other than being dazed again.

HES-PRETTY-CHARRED-BUT-HE-GOES-FISHING.png

Journey comes over to Grim and offers him a death flower in exchange for Rex's life.

PLEASE-GRIM-SAVE-HIM.png

Grim accepts the flower and then waves his hands and mumbles some words, Rex is lifted off the ground and is alive again!

ALRIGHTY-THEN-REX-IS-ALIVE-AGAIN.png

All the teens cheer. Rex looks rather dazed and is just thankful that the challenge is over.

POOR-REX.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

As it is now after midnight, Grim tallies all the teen's fish. It's a tie between Journey and Joey with 18 fish each. But it turns out that Journey caught 3 goldfish and Joey only caught 2, so Journey is declared the winner of the challenge. Congratulations Journey!

JOURNEY-HAS-18-FISH-3-GOLDFISH.png

JOEY-HAS-18-FISH-2-GOLDFISH.png

Oh yeah! Journey looks so excited that she can hardly stand it!

JOURNEY-IS-THE-WINNER-OF-FLASH-FISHING.png

(...to be continued...)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Yes, the mermaids were used again to change the weather to a thunderstorm with their mermadic powers.

Because some of the teens were so uncomfortable and terrified due to the thunderstorm, the option to fish didn't come up. So, instead, they had to either cloud gaze or play in the rain until they were able to fish. During the challenge, full autonomy was turned off, and if I saw they were going to run away due to the storm, I x'd that out. The only thing I helped them with was their hunger, and they were given 1 carrot for lunch and 1 carrot for dinner. They were in pretty bad shape at the end of this challenge as most of their needs were in the red, and, yes some of them had peed themselves. I probably should have given them a washroom break, too. Oh well! lol

The "Struck By Lightning" moodlet lasts 3 hours, and if a sim is hit with lightning a second time within that time, they die. So, even though Malcolm was struck by lightning twice, his "Struck By Lightning" moodlet had expired. So, Malcolm was rather lucky.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Flash Fishing Challenge Results:

None of the teens had any fishing skills. The teens did catch other items; however, for purposes of the challenge, only the fish caught counted.

JODI-HAS-15-FISH-AND-2-GOLDFISH.png

Jodi: 15 fish including 2 goldfish

REX-HAS-9-FISH-1-GOLDFISH.png

Rex: 9 fish including 1 goldfish

MALCOLM-HAS-9-FISH-1-GOLDFISH.png

Malcolm: 9 fish including 1 goldfish

JENNY-HAS-7-FISH.png

Jenny: 7 fish

NALIA-HAS-3-FISH.png

Nalia: 3 fish including 1 goldfish
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - UNEXPECTED FIRE

MALCOLM-IS-NO-FOOL-AND-WAMRS-HIMSELF-AT-THE-FIRE.png
    Once the challenge was over, Journey headed over to the firepit and started the fish fry dinner. The dinner would take a while and most of the teens were heading to the shower area.

JOURNEY-COOKS-FISH-FEAST-FOR-EVERYONE.png

Journey headed to the shelter area, and was thankful that she could use the portable tub. Journey couldn't remember the last time that she had such a luxurious bath. This was the prize that Journey had won in the Flash Fishing Challenge.

JOURNEYS-PRIZE-SHE-WAS-IN-HEAVEN.png

When she was finished, she changed, and then headed over to the fireplace and lit it. She was still a bit chilled and needed to warm up. That might not have been a wise choice.

journey-on-fire.png

Oh no! Journey is on fire!

joey-and-malcolm-are-on-it.png

There must have been a few fire extinguishers found in the dumpsters, because suddenly Malcolm and Joey come running and try to douse the flames.

journey-crest-is-dying-from-a-fire.png

The fire seems to be out of control, and Journey seems to be engulfed in flames. Nalia runs over with another fire extinguisher, but Journey is coughing uncontrollably. There's too much smoke....

nalia-tries-to-save-her.png

And even though Malcolm, Joey, and Nalia tried to save her, Journey succumbed to the flames and fell to the ground.

journey-cied-in-a-fire.png

Oh gosh! No! Journey, who saved Rex from the lightning bolt has herself, now died. And then Grim appears.

and-here-comes-grim.png

stop-dont-take-her.png

And Jodi comes to the rescue, and offers Grim a death flower in exchange for Journey's life.

journey-is-alive-again-jody-saved-her.png

And Journey lives!

right-after-she-was-saved-she-takes-a-selfie-journey.png

And, it's always good to take a selfie after a near-death experience to squelch any of those Social Bunny rumors that might be swirling around. Yes! Journey was alive.

Journey then heads over to Jodi and thanks Jodi for saving her life. and they become BFF's.

bffs-journey-and-jodi.png

grim-reaper-joins-them-in-some-food.png

The fish feast was ready now, and Journey invited everyone to join her. Even the Grim Reaper decided to have a bite to eat. And it looks like Journey might need another bath.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

At 7AM, the day started with another thunderstorm. The Head Watcher returned and spoke with the Grim Reaper who was still there.

Upon hearing about Rex dying, the Head Watcher couldn't hide what he was feeling. Finally, he was rid of that kid! But the Head Watcher's joy was short-lived when Grim told him that Journey had saved Rex.

he-died.png

Head Watcher: "Does that kid have 9 lives? How is he still alive?" he fumed.

Grim then went on to tell him that Journey, too, had died, but that she had been saved by Jodi.

that-rex-has-9-lives.png

The Head Watcher couldn't believe that two teens had actually died but were miraculously saved by other teens. He just couldn't believe that all these teens were still alive. This had never happened before! He saw Rex walk by and narrowed his eyes.

Head Watcher: "I heard about what happened Ranger. You were lucky. But who is going to save you the next time, huh? Your time is running out....and when you're gone, there won't be any hope for that little brother of yours either. Such a shame..." he said laughing and went over and placed ribbons beside the photos. Grim then followed the Head Watcher and placed Lil Grimmie statues beside Rex's and Journey's photos.

whos-going-to-save-you-nexgt-time-kid.png

The Head Watcher called Journey over and had her spin the wheel. The spinner stopped on "It's My Life".

befre-the-love-day-challenge-another-one-saved-from-death.png

it-s-my-life-challenge.png

Head Watcher: "An interesting spin. And with Love Day tomorrow, it will be even more interesting. We will return at 6am tomorrow. Enjoy your day...as you never know...:" he said looking pointedly at Rex, "...if it could be your last... And with that, the Head Watcher and the two guards left the lot.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Journey was friends with Rex and Jodi, and since Rex didn't have any death flowers left, the task of saving Journey fell to Jodi. Afterwards, I noticed that there was an option for Journey and Jodi to become BFF's, so I figured that they would be since Jodi had saved Journey's life. And, apparently, Journey and Joey are now also friends.

Friend Up-Date:

Journey: Rex, Jodi, Joey
    Jodi: Rex, Journey, Nalia
    Joey: Nalia, Rex, Malcolm, Journey
    Malcolm: Jenny, Joey, Bob (deceased)
    Jenny: Malcolm, Nalia, Rex
    Nalia: Joey, Journey, Jenny, Jodi
    Rex: Jodi, Journey, Joey, Jenny, Bob (deceased)
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - MORE WISHES REVEALED

more-wishes-cover.png
    Once the Head Watcher had departed, the teens were on their own once again. Journey had stayed near the spinner and cast a look at the Lil Grimmie that was beside her photo. She bit her lip and then glanced at Bob's photo.

journey-despair.png

Joey had quietly come up behind her.

Joey: "Hey, Journey, you good?"

Journey turned to him and tried to smile, "Yeah...I'm okay..." she started to say, and then shook her head, "...actually, no, I'm not okay..."

actually-not-ok-joey.png

Joey: "It's alright Journey. That was a close call, but you were saved...."

Journey: "Yeah, but so was Bob...but then in the next challenge...he didn't make it..."

Joey: "That doesn't mean anything, Journey. You can't dwell on the negative...you gotta keep being positive, okay? You can't let being here start affecting you..."

Journey: "But I can't help but think about being here Joey. I don't know how you do it. You're always so positive..."

talking-to-journey-about-the-plan.png

Joey: "No, not always positive...but you have to just appreciate each day, Journey, and go from there. Keep thinking that you will get out of here... I know it's hard sometimes, but you can't give up. I saw that happen every day, Journey. I passed teens on the street who had given up...I saw them sitting there with an empty look in their eyes...they had lost hope, Journey. You can't be like them.

My life on the streets was rough, Journey, I can't deny that, but I never gave up hope about getting out of that life and getting to the "mystery" world. That's why I went to those parties, Journey, I wanted to get out of there and get to a better life."

serious-face-journey-talking-to-joey.png

Journey: " And now how do you feel Joey, knowing that you were lied to?"

joey-thinking-back-face.png

Joey: "Well, that's quite a downer...but the thing is, I am still hopeful, Journey, and even if I don't make it, at least there's a chance that my wish will be fulfilled. That is what matters..."

Journey: "Yeah, I guess you're right. I guess there is hope in that..."

Joey: "Journey, I haven't told anyone about my wish. I know this sounds stupid, but I didn't want anyone laughing at me..."

Journey: "Why would anyone laugh at you about your wish? I wouldn't..."

Joey: "Yeah, I know you wouldn't...because of all the stuff you told me about what you did back in Evergreen Harbor...but some of the others...well...they might think it's more of a pipe dream, and really could never happen..."

i-just-want-the-machines-to-be-turned-off.png

Journey: "I know about those dreams, Joey...I think I made a similar wish. A wish for something that I know could probably never happen. I wished for those machines to be turned off in Evergreen Harbor, Joey. No one knew how to turn those machines off, and I was hoping that The Fates would intervene and help. And maybe then...maybe the air would clear over time...I don't know. I just know that I never want something like that to happen again, and I wanted to do everything I could to help keep the "mystery" world a pristine paradise...like, I don't know work on conservation efforts, or something...so that the "mystery" world would never have to face what we did in Evergreen Harbor..."

Joey looked at Journey, "Geez, Journey...do you think The Fates could do that?" he replied and then shook his head, "Yeah...you're right, I think we both wished for pipe dreams...only mine is bigger...much, much bigger..."

i-want-to-tell-you-my-wish-journey.png

Journey: "You don't have to tell me your wish, Joey..."

joey-shocked-expression.png

Joey: "Oh but that's the thing, Journey, you're the first person I want to tell. You know, I was not in a world like Evergreen Harbor where everyone helped each other. Mine was a violent world, Journey...and I just wanted everything to go back to how it was before. And I often thought about the "mystery" world and why we couldn't all go there. Like, what was preventing all the teens and children from just going there. I was obsessed with that thought because we really hadn't been told much about the "mystery" world other than it was a fragile eco-environment and there was limited space. And so I had this crazy dream of going to the "mystery" world and finding out who was in charge there, and maybe finding out why we couldn't just relocate there. I wanted to make it work, you know...to get everyone to safety. And I started thinking about it, and I wrote down some ideas of how it could work. I did a lot of research...I mean there weren't a lot of sims in the library...and, Journey, I even found an elder who had survived the plague. He had been a university professor and when the plague first hit and they found out about the plague-free world...the "mystery" world...he had been working on such a plan...."

i-made-a-step-by-step-plan.png

Joey paused for a moment before speaking again, "...And he told me that my ideas were sound, and he helped me formulate this step-by-step plan. But for it to work, I had to get someone to listen to me. And being a teen from a violent world, no one paid any attention to me. So, I figured the only way it would work was if somehow I got noticed at one of the parties and got chosen to go to the "mystery" world. Then, I could make it happen. And so that was my wish...to get The Fates to talk with those sims in charge in the "mystery" world and use my plan to get everyone to safety. And I wanted to be a part of it...to help carry it through...like a liaison between the "old" world and the "mystery" world."

you-have-a-plan-joey-i-hope-you-get-out.png

Journey: "Wow! You came up with a plan to bring everyone to the "mystery" world? That is huge! And I could see you being like a kind of Ambassador...isn't that how you got here, because you calmed a teen down who was going to punch you out with your great negotiation skills?"

Joey laughed: "Yeah, that's right, Never thought about that before. Great negotiation skills, huh? So, do you think The Fates would grant the wish?"

you-have-a-plan-joey.png

Journey: "Oh gosh, Joey, The Fates need to hear your plan. Your wish...it's the wish we all have. And with your plan, geez, it could come true. We could all go to the "mystery" world. I hope you get out of here Joey to put your plan in motion..."

Joey spoke quietly "Journey, I just want all of us to get out of here...like us being here never had to happen..."

thinking-face-joey.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Meanwhile, around the lot, the other teens were trying to keep busy.

Jodi was stargazing on the telescope. What? Jodi, don't you remember what happened to Bob? Get away from that thing!

jodi-was-stargarzing.png

Jenny had decided to water the plants.

jenny-auto-water-take-2.png

Malcolm does the back float in the freezing cold pool.

malcolm-relaxing-in-the-pool.png

Rex tries some yoga poses.

rex-trying-some-yoga.png

And Nalia discovers that Rex is an alien! Poor Rex, that disguise just isn't working.

FINALLY-NALIA-DISCOVERS-THAT-REX-IS-AN-ALIEN.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

watcher-arrival.png

Just before 6am, the Head Watcher and the guards arrived on the lot with what looked like some wells on carts. The Head Watcher shouted to them to set up the challenge. He looked around and saw Journey coughing profusely.

Head Watcher: "You! Journey! When did this start?" he asked tersely.

Journey looked confused, "When did what start?"

journey-coughing.png

Head Watcher: "You know what I am referring to. Your cough..."

Journey: "Um...I don't know...before I came here...but, it's nothing...it's just because of the air..."

The Head Watcher narrowed his eyes, "You know these are the first symptoms..."

Journey: "Look...It's just a cough...it's not the..."

jsuta-cough.png

The Head Watcher glared at her, "The plague? Well, we can't be so sure now, can we? Even though no teen has been infected as yet, there is always a possibility that it could happen..."

The Head Watcher grabbed her arm roughly.

Journey tried to wrestle her arm away, but the Head Watcher held fast and started dragging her towards the entrance.

Journey: "Let go of me!" she shouted.

you-are-coming-with-me.png

Joey saw a commotion at the entrance and went over, "Hey...what's going on?"

Head Watcher: "She is being brought to the lab for testing..."

Joey: "For testing?"

Head Watcher: "She has symptoms...her cough..."

joey-negotiation-with-watcher.png

Joey: "Her cough? Geez! You might as well take all of us there in that case, because we have all been coughing. It's the dang air..." he said pausing, "...but then, if we all go, I guess we won't have to do the next challenge, will we? A shame really, it looks rather interesting..."

The Head Watcher scowled at Joey and remembered what had happened with The Fates. As much as he hated to admit it, he needed to report this to The Fates before he took matters into his own hands and removed any of these teens from the survival lot. He had to follow protocol.

dont-think-this-is-over.png

The Head Watcher released Journey's arm and glared at her, "Don't even think that this is the end of this matter!" he spat out. He then started shouting to the guards and headed to the challenge area.

Journey rubbed her arm and moved closer to Joey, "Thank you...thank you for that..."

Joey smiled at her, "What can I say? Someone once told me that I had great negotiation skills..."

great-negotiation-skills.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - IT'S MY LIFE CHALLENGE - PART 1 - SIMOLEONS

Screenshot-2023-07-01-143328.png
    Once the guards had set up the challenge, the Head Watcher summoned all the teens.

Head Watcher: "Today you stand before the ancient wells which were originally in the gardens of Princess Cordelia's Palace, and were discovered by explorers centuries ago. Legend has it that these wells were crafted by gnomes and that on Love Day, the power of the wells will grant a sim 3 wishes. And so, since today is Love Day, each of you will toss 3 coins in the well and be granted three wishes. The three wishes will coincide with what you want in life. Perhaps you will want to wish for youthful vigor, simoleons, or even romance. And who knows...the well might even summon forth your perfect soulmate..."

Screenshot-2023-06-30-081521.png

The teens looked at each other confused.

Head Watcher: "As a group, you must decide what type of wish you want to wish for, but you can only make that wish once. A wish can only be made every 8 hours. But, beware! Legend also states that these wells are cursed. Afterall, gnomes are renowned pranksters, and so, with every wish, there are good and bad outcomes. Once the three wishes are completed, the teen with the best outcome will win the challenge. The final prize will be a special dinner and a night in the shelter."

Screenshot-2023-06-30-081215.png

As there were no questions, the Head Watcher instructed the guards to provide each teen with 3 offerings for the well. He and the guards then turned on their heels and locked the front gate.

When they were gone, the teens just stood there looking at the wells.

Journey looked at the simoleons in her hands, "Do you think that if we offered the well more simoleons for each wish that we would get a good outcome? Maybe we should wish for more simoleons. Then the next wish might go better..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-091757.png

Jenny: "And so if we get more simoleons, what would be a bad outcome? I mean we could lose all of our simoleons, right...or maybe it's something even worse..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-093111.png

The teens were silent for a moment.

Malcolm: "I think Journey is right and the well might grant us a better wish if we give a better offering. I think we should wish for simoleons first. And then I want to use my simoleons for a wish for romance. Did you hear what the Watcher said...that the well might summon forth our soulmate? Do you think that could happen? I need that soulmate...it might be my only chance to carry out the Landgraab name..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-091924.png

Nalia: "But what if you already have a soulmate...what happens then? I...um...I already met someone...and we were going to be together in the "mystery" world...he was going to bring me there..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-092833.png

Jenny: "Nalia...I think you got played, girl. And that guy you told me about...Bryan...he didn't even meet you at the party. It was a set-up. You probably had some qualities that he thought would make you a good survivor...and he had someone else choose you at that party. You heard what the Head Watcher said...the Watchers are betting on us, Nalia. He's probably working with someone else and gets a cut. For all you know, Bryan is setting up some other teen doing the same thing he did to you...romancing them and promising them the world..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-092112.png

Nalia: "NO! You're wrong! That's not true! Yes, Bryan was a Watcher...but he wasn't like that...something must have happened to him..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-092549.png

Joey cringed when he heard that Nalia had thought she had found her soulmate. She hadn't even told him any of this. It was especially hard to hear since Joey had a huge crush on Nalia: "Nalia! Jenny! Calm down! Look, we're not getting anywhere by arguing. We still need to decide what wish to wish for first...."

Screenshot-2023-06-30-075808.png

Jodi: "Maybe we should all wish for youthful vigor first. In Glimmerbrook, I heard of a tale once about mythical wells capable of preserving life. I think that these wells may be the wells that they spoke of, and I think "preserving life" means the well is capable of granting the wisher youthful vigor or long life. I mean what good is having simoleons or romance if we're stuck here? If we wish for long life, then, maybe we can all get out of here. We could all survive this..."

Screenshot-2023-06-30-075637.png

Jenny: "Well, that might be true...but what about the bad outcome? If the good outcome might be a long life, then the bad outcome might be...it might be death..."

Screenshot-2023-06-30-080634.png

Rex: "Look, I know what you're saying Jenny, but the Head Watcher is going to force us to make those wishes whether we like it or not. We don't have a choice here. And whatever we wish for...there is a risk that we could have a...um...bad outcome, but we could also have a good outcome. So, I am going to take my chances...we might not have an opportunity like this again. I am with Jodi. I want to wish for youthful vigor and I am going to be positive that this wish will come true and that I will live a long life. But it seems we are all divided on what to wish for first, so I think we should vote on it..."

Screenshot-2023-07-01-092150.png

The teens talked amongst themselves and then they took a vote. And so it was decided that they would wish for simoleons first, which would hopefully help the other wish outcomes.

They each took $100 simoleons and offered it to the well. When they did so, an eerie glow seemed to come from the well. Most of the teens had a green glow, but a few had a yellow glow.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-101011.png

Some of the teens even thought they heard a voice coming from the well saying that their offering was "wanting". They didn't know what it meant and several of them were nervous.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103209.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103245.png

After the glow faded, the teens tossed in a coin and made their wish for simoleons. And that's when things started to happen.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-101419.png

Malcolm's well seemed to have a positive outcome and he got back the same amount of simoleons that he had offered. This was the best outcome that any of the survivors had.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-101552.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103449.png

~ ~ ~

Jodi, Joey, and Nalia's wells appeared to have given them some dark secret on a fellow survivor, which they could use to blackmail them and gain simoleons that way.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-101702.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103436.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103410.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103425.png

~ ~ ~

Jenny's well figured that she could lose some more simoleons, and took them from her.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-123827.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-102313.png

~ ~ ~

Rex's well gifted him with some simoleons...

Screenshot-2023-07-02-105447.png

...but then suddenly something took control of Rex...he couldn't stop what was happening. He pulled out his phone and started gaming...and then there was a pop-up...cosmetic hats...oh he needed that...it would gain him extra lives in the game...and another pop-up....yes...buy it...he was addicted...nothing could stop him...and just like that...he lost it all.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-105532.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-105614.png

~ ~ ~

But the worst, by far, is what happened to Journey. Her simoleons burned up...and a fire started in the well which moved on to engulf her! She had been set on fire.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103112.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-101754.png

Screenshot-2023-07-02-103308.png

If not for the speediness of Nalia, Journey might not have made it.

Screenshot-2023-07-02-105125.png

~ ~ ~

After everyone was relieved that Journey was alright, Jodi noticed something about the faces on the well.

Jodi: "Oh my gosh! The faces! They've changed! Look at the one over Journey's well! It looks...it looks deadly..."

Screenshot-2023-07-02-102208.png

And sure enough, everyone turned to look at the face on Journey's well. And then they looked around and noticed that the other well faces had changed too. They weren't sure if the well's face reflected the wish that they had just wished for or the outcome of their next wish.

Jenny: "I knew it...these wells are death traps. All of the wishes are meant to end in some bad outcome. Journey nearly died with her wish for simoleons. And the next wish that we make...for youthful vigor...will only be worse..."

Screenshot-2023-07-02-102345.png

Rex: "Look, it seems that we can't make another wish right now...we have to wait another 8 hours. I suggest we take this time to be prepared for whatever happens next..."

Screenshot-2023-07-02-124931.png

Everyone nodded and headed off to sleep, eat their food rations, or shower. Poor Journey felt rather sick to her stomach that she had nearly died in a fire...again!

Screenshot-2023-07-02-105226.png

The only one who stayed behind was Malcolm who went over to the outdoor area near the shelter and looked around. A table with candles had been set up for two and it looked rather romantic.

Malcolm: "I'm the only one who got simoleons. No one else did. This is my lucky day...and I know that my soulmate will come to me..."

Screenshot-2023-07-02-124849.png

~ ~ ~

Scores After First Wish - Wish For Simoleons:

No sim received 6 points as no-one won the lottery.

Malcolm: Fortunes Abound - 5 points
    Jodi: Learned Darkest Secrets - 4 points
    Joey: Learned Darkest Secrets - 4 points
    Nalia: Learned Darkest Secrets - 4 points
    Jenny: Sadim Touch - 3 points
    Rex: Microtransactions - 2 points
    Journey: My Simoleons Burned Up - 1 point

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

I just embellished the story of the Wishing Well for some background. (The description for The Wishing Well in The Sims 2 states that it was crafted by gnomes, so I used that.) The wishing well has a cool-down period of 8 hours. Since teens are unable to die from emotional deaths, I decided that they would wish for youthful vigor, simoleons, and romance. Before making a wish, each teen will make a $100 offering to the well. Each wish has 6 outcomes, and the winner of the challenge will be the teen who has the most points, where an "overwhelmingly positive" outcome will be 6 points, and a "death" outcome will be 1 point. The outcomes are all random.

Possible Simoleon Outcomes:

There is 1 possible death outcome. The teen's simoleons are lost "burned up", and the teen is set on fire. It will be up to the other teens to save the teen on fire, or if that teen dies, to possibly save them with Grim.:

simoleon-wish-outcome.png

For more Wishing Well Outcomes go HERE.
  • Options
    Flash Fishing challenge:
    Yay Journey! I was hoping she'd win a challenge. I'm happy she saved Rex. He's got lots to live for. And Joey came in second in the challenge! Good for him!

Unexpected Fire
    Journey, no! These teens just can't catch a break! Good thing Jodi was able to step in. All of these kids are going to be trauma bonded, they're going to be so grief stricken by the end when one is left.

More Wishes Revealed
    So Joey wants to bring everyone over to the mystery world? Seems impractical, why wouldn't they have done that already if it were possilble? I like his positivity though. Very contagious.

It's My Life Pt1
    Dear me! Journey, stay away from fire for a while! Let someone else have main character energy for a while! Jeez Louise! I'm happy Nalia put her out.

I stay away from wells, they never go well for me. Unless I trick them to being the best possible outcome, I like messing with characters by getting a game made soulmate or offspring.
    jzZP0sJ.png
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    I'm really enjoying this story!
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Irishsong

TEEN SURVIVOR - IT'S MY LIFE CHALLENGE - PART 2 - YOUTHFUL VIGOR

Screenshot-2023-07-08-081402.png
    After 8 hours had passed, the teens gathered again before the wishing wells. Even though Malcolm had wanted to wish for romance, the vote was cast, and this time, they were all going to wish for youthful vigor.

Malcolm was the only one who had gained simoleons from the last wish and he wanted to keep those extra simoleons for his romance wish. So, with that, everyone offered the well $100 simoleons each.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-115007.png

This time, most of the wells emitted a yellow glow and only one emitted a green glow. The wells did not seem very happy with anyone's offerings this time. And again the teens thought they heard a voice bellow up from the well telling them that their offering was "wanting".

Screenshot-2023-07-03-115203.png

When the glow cleared, they all cast a coin into the well hoping that their wish for youthful vigor or long life would come true. For some, the well would grant them a good outcome. But for others...only bad outcomes awaited them...very bad outcomes.

~ ~ ~

Rex's well had this white light coming from it. He didn't know what to expect. Was this the end? But no, the well had actually reversed his age, and he was actually younger. It wasn't the long life that Rex had hoped for, but being a few years younger suited him just fine.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-134644.png

Screenshot-2023-07-03-134911.png

~ ~ ~

Both Malcolm and Jodi seemed to have gained a few extra days to their lives.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-135701.png

Screenshot-2023-07-08-094504.png

~ ~ ~

And Jenny was feeling energized and younger. And so was Joey, who was filled with overflowing vigor and it felt good.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-080906.png

Screenshot-2023-07-08-094352.png

~ ~ ~

While the teens were relishing in their newfound youth or youthful feelings of energy, the well had not been so kind to either Journey or Nalia. Green mist seemed to be coming out of the well near Nalia and something strange was happening at the well near Journey.

And almost at the same time, a scream was heard. It was Journey.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-081509.png

And instead of getting long life or feelings of youth, the well had taken some of her life away. Suddenly, without warning, she felt her teen years slip away from her. Instead of being a teen anymore...she suddenly aged up to a Young Adult. She had lost her teen years! Oh gosh! And what was worse, is that as a Young Adult, she was now susceptible to the plague.

Screenshot-2023-07-03-115249.png

Screenshot-2023-07-03-115348.png

Screenshot-2023-07-03-120131.png

Screenshot-2023-07-03-120254.png

Before Journey even had a chance to come to grips with what had happened to her, she started coughing. No...it was just the air. But her coughing didn't stop, and then she looked at her hands, which had suddenly turned white.

Journey: "No! It can't be happening! No!"

Screenshot-2023-07-08-083146.png

Jodi was coming towards her to see what was wrong, but Journey waved her away.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-102419.png

Journey: "STAY BACK! The well took my youth! I'm not a teen anymore...and I...I think I have the plague. Just...please stay back!"

And then another scream was heard. This time it was Nalia.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-080927.png

When the green mist had cleared, it was revealed that Nalia had turned into a ghost! The well had tricked her. Her wish for long life had been a lie. Yes, the well had given her perpetual youth and she would never age. It's what she had wished for, right? But the irony was that she would never age and live life as a ghost...forever.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-081115.png

Screenshot-2023-07-03-120229.png

Screenshot-2023-07-08-094911.png

Joey had rushed over to where Nalia was.

Joey: "Nalia...what happened? Are you a...are you a ghost?"

Screenshot-2023-07-08-081614.png

Nalia weeping: "Yes...the well...it's evil...it just...it just turned me into a ghost. My sim life is gone forever. My wish for long life was granted but at a price. I will now live forever...as a ghost..."

Joey: "No...this can't be happening. What can we do?"

Nalia just shook her head, "I don't think there is anything we can do..."

Screenshot-2023-07-08-081852.png

Nalia heard some shouts where Journey was standing.

Nalia: "What...what happened to Journey?"

Joey wasn't sure and together they went over to where everyone was staring at Journey, and suddenly Nalia knew.

Journey was crying: "Oh gosh! Nalia! You're a...oh no...you're a ghost..."

Screenshot-2023-07-08-082731.png

Nalia: "Yes, I got my wish...long life...perpetual youth...to be lived forever as a ghost..."

Everyone shook their heads sadly. The well was indeed evil.

Journey: "The well....the well took my youth...somehow I'm a young adult now...and I...oh gosh...I have the plague...I'm going to die..."

Screenshot-2023-07-08-083146.png

Nalia came forward and looked closely at Journey. She didn't want to say it aloud, but Nalia saw the spots forming on Journey's face. Journey didn't have much time.

Nalia: "Journey, do not be afraid. I am here. You won't be alone. I will be with you..."

Screenshot-2023-07-08-082808.png

But before Nalia had a chance to finish her sentence, Journey suddenly seemed to turn even paler.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-083257.png

And then she stiffened suddenly...

A gurgled cry was heard, and she fell to the ground. She had an anguished look on her face as if she was pleading with an unseen force.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-083855.png

But then, Journey collapsed in a heap and they all knew that she had died.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-083725.png

And as if to confirm this, the Grim Reaper suddenly appeared on the lot.

And with one swoop of his scythe, took Journey's soul.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-084127.png

He then pointed at Nalia, and Nalia knew what it meant. She was to follow Grim to the underworld. Nalia looked around and then reluctantly stepped towards Grim. And, in a cloud of black smoke, Grim and Nalia disappeared.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-084440.png

And so, Journey and Nalia were now gone, both victims of the well. RIP Journey Crest and Nalia Cullen. You will be missed.

Screenshot-2023-07-08-105848.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Oh gosh...Journey and Nalia are now gone due to the Wishing Well.

Scores After Second Wish - Wish For Youthful Vigor:

Rex: A Few Years Younger - 6
    Jodi: Extended Life - 5
    Malcolm: Extended Life - 5
    Jenny: Overflowing Vigor - 3
    Joey: Overflowing Vigor - 3
    Journey: Loss of Youth - 2 (Age-up)
    Nalia: Perpetual Youth - 1 (Ghost)

Possible Youthful Vigor Outcomes:

There are 2 possible death outcomes. One is if the teen turns into a ghost, and the other is if the teen ages up to their next life stage (Young Adult).

In the first instance, the teen is a ghost so has died. A ghost sim can wish for life at the wishing well; however, since all teens on the lot have to make the same wish, this is not possible. So, if a teen becomes a ghost, they cannot be resurrected. They are still a member of the household and a playable sim; however, for purposes of the challenge, they will be deceased. So, to make this happen, I will import the original teen sim who turned into a ghost from the gallery, and then using a cheat code, the teen will die from a "vicious killer rabbit attack". Their gravestone will be on the lot and we may see them from time to time. In worldview, I will remove the "Well Teen Ghost" from the household.

In the second instance, since they have aged up to a Young Adult and are no longer a teen, they are now susceptible to the plague. Since only teens are permitted to stay on the survival lot, the now-Young Adult will have to be removed. Unfortunately, before this can happen, the now-Young Adult will become afflicted with the plague and die. In this instance, I will use the same cheat code as above, and the teen will die from a "vicious killer rabbit attack". Again, they will have a gravestone on the lot, and we may see them from time to time.

Youthful-vigor-outcome.png

For more Wishing Well Outcomes go HERE.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Irishsong - Thank you so much for reading my story. Because all of the lots traits are active (except Simple Living and Foxes), things can happen at any time.

Regarding Joey's wish and your question on why no-one had done this plan before now.

When the scientists had found out about the "mystery world" a few had started working on an exodus to that "mystery world"; however, with the growing plague and deaths of many sims, no-one followed through on the research, and so it had been lost. Until Joey found the elder professor who shared his research with him. And that is how Joey found the plan. Perhaps the plan had been discovered earlier, but those in charge of choosing sims for the survival lots...the Watchers...didn't want any of the teens to leave, as they were living a good life profiting off of their bets on them. So, even though there were rumors of a plan to save the Simworld, no-one knew how to do it, or it had been deliberately destroyed by those in charge. Or perhaps some of the corrupt Watchers knew how to get there, and used it to their advantage. It's a corrupt world, and there are many secrets.

@grevilliablue - Thank you so much for reading my story. Glad you are enjoying it.
  • Options
    edited July 2023
    @Irishsong @grevilliablue

A bit long and pic heavy, but it's quite a revelation! Enjoy!

TEEN SURVIVOR - IT'S MY LIFE CHALLENGE - PART 3 - ROMANCE

Screenshot-2023-07-16-172020.png
    Nalia and Journey were gone, and the teens reluctantly headed over to the graveyard and placed candles and flowers beside their tombstones. They were all rather quiet looking at the three tombstones that stood there.

Joey spoke suddenly, "We're not going to make it, are we? We're all doomed. After seeing what happened with the well...the next wish will only spell more disaster..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-172109.png

Malcolm: "Well, I am going to wish for my soulmate. I have a good feeling...she will come to me..."

Jenny: "Yeah, I guess that would be the best outcome...and the worst...well, maybe we don't find love..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-172220.png

Joey: "Or worse...like die from a broken heart...it's how I feel right now with Nalia gone..."

Everyone was silent again.

Rex: "Look, I know this is a sad time for everyone, but we can't lose hope. Whatever happens, know that we gave it our all. In the meantime, we have to keep surviving, so I am going to head over and harvest those hidden carrots and trash fruit and then divide them up."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-172142.png

Jodi: "Rex is right...we have to stay strong. We can't let the deaths of Bob, Nalia, and Journey be for nothing. They would want us all to carry on..."

Joey: "The thing is...none of this had to happen...my wish...my plan...it's a solution to getting us all to the "mystery world". I need to plead with the Head Watcher to bring me before The Fates now! If I told him about the plan...and how this is all needless...I am sure he would agree and bring me there..."

Rex shook his head,"Joey, do you remember what the Head Watcher said when we first got here...he already read our wishes. He already knows what you wished for...what your plan is...and he didn't do anything then...and he won't do anything now..."

Joey shook his head but knew that Rex was right. Rex looked at Joey's sad face. For a teen who had always been optimistic, it looked like Joey's whole world had collapsed. It was how Rex felt, too, and he headed over and gave Joey a bro hug.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-172333.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Another 8 hours had passed, and it was time for the teens to make their final wish. A wish for romance and the end to the It's My Life Challenge. Standing before the wells, the teens didn't know what to expect. And as before, they tossed in a $100 simoleon offering into the well. Malcolm had looked at his simoleons and made two $100 simoleon offerings. He hoped it was enough to grant him the wish that he so hoped for.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-172611.png

And then, the moment of truth. The teens made their wish for romance and silently hoped that their final wishes would not involve any more deaths.

~ ~ ~

And the wells glowed like they had before, yellow and green. Would they be lucky in love or not?

It turned out that Jodi and Jenny heard the well tell them to "Give Up". They were unlucky in love, it seemed and instantly got sad thinking that they might never fall in love.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-173456.png

Screenshot-2023-07-16-173632.png
    Screenshot-2023-07-16-180857.png

On the other hand, Joey seemed to be getting romance tips from the well, and the "ultimate pick-up line" got planted in his head. If only Nalia had been here, he would have whispered that "line" in her ear, and he was sure that she would have forgotten all about that "Bryan" dude.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-182737.png
    Screenshot-2023-07-16-180836.png

Rex had never been in love before. He had always been looking out for the safety of his lil bro, but suddenly the well filled him with romantic feelings. Why was he feeling so flirty with crazy ideas that he wanted to flirt with Jodi and Jenny? Dang! He had never noticed how "hot" they looked before.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-173430.png
    Screenshot-2023-07-16-180846.png

And then there was Malcolm. When he tossed his coin in the well, he had wished so hard for his soulmate. But then, like a bad dream, he had realized where he was and knew that even if she appeared, that he could never have the life he wanted with her. To be his soulmate...to be his wife...to start that family together. Who was he fooling? And so, his wish somehow got all mixed up, and maybe the well was also confused.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-173529.png

With a whoosh of smoke, a teen girl appeared before Malcolm and all he could do was stand there with his mouth agape. All at once, mixed feelings washed over him, like he loved her and he hated her, too. Is this what love felt like?

Screenshot-2023-07-16-175941.png
    Screenshot-2023-07-16-180821.png

Malcolm: "Are you...are you my soulmate?"

The Teen Girl looked around confused "Huh? What happened? Where am I? How did I get here?"

Screenshot-2023-07-16-180007.png

Malcolm looked into her eyes, "I wished for you. I wished for my soulmate and you appeared. I'm Malcolm...Malcolm Landgraab..."

The teen girl looked at him closely, "Oh my! Can it really be true? Your face...I don't know how this is possible...but your face....I've seen your face before...in my dreams. I know this sounds silly, but in my dreams, you are always there. And I wished for you, too...wished that I could be with you...and then suddenly, I was just whisked here. So, it must be true then...you, Malcolm, must indeed be my soulmate..."

Malcolm just stared at the teen and then cleared his throat, "I...I'm sorry, I don't know your name..."

Teen Girl: "It's....it's Yumi..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-175902.png

Suddenly, Malcolm saw the Grim Reaper, who had never left the lot after the second wish. It looked like Grim was tallying up everyone's scores. As Grim came near Malcolm and Yumi, Malcolm moved in front of her, almost protecting her. Grim moved closer to them and whispered that the magic of the well ended at 7 am and then disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-183223.png

Malcolm let out a sigh of relief, and then suddenly, Malcolm and Yumi were surrounded by the other teens.

Jenny: "So, um, Malcolm...you were right...the well brought you your soulmate..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-183418.png

Jodi turned to Yumi: "Does that mean that she is stuck here like us?"

Malcolm: "No, I don't think so. Grim said that the magic of the well ends at 7 am. Yumi will probably return to the place she came from..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-182712.png

Rex cleared his throat, "So...um...Malcolm...it looks like a few of us tied for first place for the prize tonight. But, um, you were the only one who um...got a date. So, we talked it over and figured that you might want to...you know...be alone together..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-182504.png

Joey: "Yeah, just save us some food, bro...and um..." he said winking, "...good luck on the date, dude...."

Malcolm couldn't believe this was happening, and for a moment just stared longingly at Yumi.

~ ~ ~

Malcolm thanked everyone and then went to the enclosed area with Yumi.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-183658.png

Malcolm looked at Yumi, "Would you...would you like to have dinner with me?"

Yumi: "Yes, that would be lovely. And...um...I can make us some drinks..."

Malcolm and Yumi helped themselves to some food, and Malcolm kept gazing at her. He couldn't believe his luck. She was so beautiful. They sat down and talked to each other and found out that they had some similar interests. Even though he had never met her before, she told him she was from Oasis Springs. Malcolm was captivated by her and he could have talked to her all night.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-183837.png

Malcolm: "Because of you, I now have hope that I am going to make it to the "mystery world". Will you come with me there? I know this is all sudden, but... when I get to the "mystery world"...I want to...I want to ask you to marry me..."

Yumi: "Oh? That's so sweet...I always wanted to be together forever with my soulmate..."

Malcolm: "Me, too...and if it's okay with you, I'd like to start a family right away, as soon as we get married..."

Screenshot-2023-07-16-184513.png

Yumi batted her eyelashes at him, "You know...we don't have to get married to start a family. We could...you know...um...be together before then..."

Malcolm seemed to be sweating suddenly, "Do you mean...um...that you want to...um...tonight...?"

Yumi: "...Yes...tonight...and you could just promise yourself to me...like....like maybe a ring...a promise ring...until we're together again..." she replied glancing at the signet ring that was on Malcolm's finger,

Screenshot-2023-07-16-185806.png

Malcolm looked at the ring on his finger and removed it. He took her hand and they stood together and he placed it on her finger, "This is the Landgraab ring. It was passed down to me by my mother. I want to promise myself to you with this ring..."

Yumi held the ring up high and admired it, "It's so beautiful...."

Malcolm: "The ring is the key. And when we're married, and have our firstborn, the ring will be passed down to them. The Landgraab heir or heiress. But don't worry, I will get you another ring, a beautiful ring. You will never want for anything, and you will have access to everything I own...the Landgraab holdings..."

Yumi looked deeply into his eyes and suddenly pulled out a rose from her pocket and gave it to him (autonomous action), "Sweet Malcolm, I am only here until 7 am, and I know you are the one for me. We can have a special night together...don't you agree?"

Screenshot-2023-07-16-191201.png
    Screenshot-2023-07-16-191228.png

Malcolm swallowed hard, "Um...yeah....a special night..."

Yumi looked around, "But maybe we should have a bit more privacy? Don't you think?"

Screenshot-2023-07-17-123431.png

Malcolm could feel beads of sweat on his forehead. It was going to happen...tonight! Thank goodness his mother had the woohoo talk with him before she passed, "Um...yeah...sure...sure...we'll go in the shelter..."

Malcolm opened the door and spied a double air mattress inside. Oh geez!

Numi seemed to sense his nervousness and went over and switched on some music, "You seem a bit tense. Maybe we could relax a little first. Do you like to dance?"

Yumi moved over towards Malcolm and took him in her arms and they started to slow dance together.

When the dance was over, Yumi and Malcolm sat on the bed together.

Yumi: "Malcolm, being with you here is a dream...this will all be good. And maybe we'll be lucky on our first attempt. Maybe we'll even have twins...a boy and a girl...just the perfect family...don't you think?"

Screenshot-2023-07-16-185337.png

Malcolm just nodded, feeling more confident, "That sounds...um...yes, perfect. But, would it be alright if I kissed you first? You know...before we um..." he asked, and as he leaned in, Yumi suddenly put her arm out to stop him. Malcolm looked surprised.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-192324.png

Yumi: "Oh Malcolm, I'm sorry, I was so enamored about you being my soulmate that I forgot about the precautions..."

Malcolm: "Precautions? But, Yumi, I thought you wanted a family as much as I did...I don't understand..."

Screenshot-2023-07-17-121519.png

Yumi nodded and pulled out something from her bag, "Oh Malcolm, there is nothing in this world that I would want more, but we have to get tested first. You know, for the plague..."

Malcolm: "I was already tested for the plague when I was brought here...I'm fine..."

Yumi "So, there were no plague outbreaks here then? That's such a relief...I guess I was just being careful...." she said as she moved closer to him and started unbuttoning his jacket.

Screenshot-2023-07-17-121710.png

Malcolm put his hand on hers to stop her as he thought about Journey then, "Wait! No, you're right...we should be tested again before we...um...before we proceed...there was someone here who died of the plague...a young adult..."

Yumi: "Oh Malcolm! That's horrible! But, I'm so glad that I said something because well...I almost got carried away with my feelings for you...you are just so irresistible..."

Screenshot-2023-07-17-122528.png

She then grabbed a vial and smiled sweetly at him, "This won't hurt too much my love," she said and pricked Malcolm in the arm. She did the same to herself and then took some other vials out of her bag and placed some drops in each one.

Yumi: "It's an instant test...it should take less than 5 minutes, and then we'll know for sure. In the meantime, let's toast to our union..."

Yumi handed Malcolm a drink that she had brought into the shelter with her and then took one herself. As Malcolm drank from the glass, he suddenly started to feel dizzy.

Yumi noticed Malcolm sway a bit and smiled. Good. The potion was working.

Screenshot-2023-07-16-192843.png

Yumi: "Malcolm, did you really think that the wishing well would give you a soulmate?"

Malcolm tried to focus on what Yumi was saying, "What? Yes, of course, you're my soulmate...I'll be fine, Yumi...just give me a moment, and once the results are done, we'll be together...you and I..."

Suddenly Yumi laughed, "Pfft! You and I aren't doing anything together. I got what I came for..."

Malcolm felt the room spin: "What? What are you talking about?"

Screenshot-2023-07-16-192245.png

Yumi: "Your blood, Malcolm. Your blood is my ticket to the "mystery world"...you're not needed anymore...

Malcolm shook his head, but everything was starting to blur, "Yumi...we need each other...we're soulmates..."

Yumi glared at Malcolm in disgust, "We're not soulmates! The mere thought of you touching me makes my skin crawl. I would never be with you!"

Screenshot-2023-07-18-083543.png

Screenshot-2023-07-16-185522.png

Malcolm sat there in a daze. Yumi wasn't making any sense. She must be scared. He had to reassure her that everything would be fine. If only he could focus.

~ ~ ~

Screenshot-2023-07-18-104416.png

Just then the door opened and a Watcher entered and went straight to Yumi.

Watcher: "Ahhh there you are! Did you get it?"

Yumi held up the vials excitedly, "Right here!"

Screenshot-2023-07-18-093100.png

The Watcher caressed her cheek lightly, "I should probably take those vials and the ring and place them in my bag for safekeeping..."

Yumi handed the items over and the Watcher placed them in a small insulated box.

Watcher: "Let's get out of here before anyone comes in..."

Malcolm: "Wait...what's going on? Yumi...stop...who is this sim?"

Screenshot-2023-07-18-094444.png

The Watcher came close and shoved Malcolm, "Only your worst nightmare. We just needed your blood, Landgraab...and coupled with Yumi's, my team of scientists will make a science baby. A Landgraab science baby. But don't worry Landgraab, your baby will be raised in the lab. And being a Landgraab baby, all that wealth will go to us. Finder's fee you might say..."

Screenshot-2023-07-18-083726.png

Malcolm stared at the Watcher and suddenly the realization of what was going on dawned on him. Malcolm just couldn't believe what he was hearing. He had been tricked. The room was spinning and Malcolm fell down on the floor and lay there in a daze.

The Watcher smiled and turned to Yumi, "You're a natural Yumi! We have to hurry though and head to the other survival lot. Alexander Goth was celebrating his teen birthday at a "party" this weekend, and was "chosen". The last survivor of the Goth clan...just waiting for his soulmate. We've got to get you into a well at the holding area before the wells are transported to that lot..."

Yumi: "We're...we're going to another survival lot...?"

Screenshot-2023-07-18-103906.png

Watcher: "Of course, we can't pass up a Goth now can we? Those simoleons are just sitting there. Just think about it....you'll be living in a mansion in the "mystery world"... it's everything you've always wanted..."

Yumi: "Yes....in the "mystery world" with you..."

The Watcher smiled sheepishly at her, "Of course...and you will get everything you deserve. And at tomorrow night's "party" I will "choose" you and we'll head to the...er..."mystery world" together..."

Screenshot-2023-07-18-095110.png

The Watcher looked at Yumi and gave her a wink and saw her blush. They were all so easy. Looking for love and so desperate that they'd do anything to get to the "mystery world". Little did she know that she would never make it there. Oh, she would certainly be "chosen" by another Watcher at the party, but then end up on a survival lot like this one, never knowing what had happened. But those wealthy babies would already be created in the secret lab. Those poor babies of dead parents...how could he not adopt them all, and, of course, look after them and their wealth? And to ensure those babies were loyal only to him, they would, of course, all undergo modification when they became toddlers. His plan was failproof. He would never be found out. He had survived the plague, and he was looking forward to a long and profitable life ahead. And soon he and his gang would control all of the wealth in the Simworld.

The Watcher saw a movement and noticed Malcolm weaving unsteadily towards them.

Screenshot-2023-07-18-095322.png

Malcolm slurred his words, "You'll...you'll never get away with this..."

Screenshot-2023-07-18-094027.png

Watcher: "Oh, but I have Landgraab! And with that potion working its way through your system, you won't be talking to anyone. You'll be dead within the hour. And I guess it's a bit sad that you'll never be able to see your kid...a kid who'll call me father..." he scoffed. The Watcher then punched Malcolm in the face, and Malcolm slumped to the ground unconscious.

Screenshot-2023-07-18-094622.png

Watcher: "Let's Go!"

And with that, the Watcher and Yumi ran out of the shelter and headed to the front entrance.

Screenshot-2023-07-18-095937.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

NOTES:

This storyline came up when Malcolm got a "frenemy" instead of a soulmate. No one else got a soulmate or other mate from the well. I thought this worked rather well, as Malcolm's wish was the only wish that could not be granted by anyone else. However, that has now changed, as his blood is being used to create a science baby in the lab. The science baby is his heir, someone to carry on the Landgraab name, just like his mother wanted. So, will Malcolm change his mind now about the other survivor's wishes? Will he promise to fulfill their wishes now in exchange for them agreeing to fulfill his wish of rescuing his baby from the lab?

For a randomly generated "wishing well" sim, I thought Yumi was quite pretty. I just changed her outfit. I laughed when I saw that she had been generated with the Villainous Valentine Aspiration. So true!

Screenshot-2023-07-16-180614.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Possible Romance Outcomes:

No death outcomes; however, their soulmate could be a ghost or an "enemy with benefits".

romance-wishes.png
  • Options
    TEST ONLY
  • Options
    edited July 2023

TEEN SURVIVOR - IT'S MY LIFE CHALLENGE - PART 4 - FINALE

Screenshot-2023-07-20-175322.png
    It was a few hours since the challenge had ended. and Jenny was chatting with Jodi by the fireplace when she noticed the front gate open. A Watcher entered alone with no guards. That was strange. Why was a Watcher here now and at this time of night? And with no guards? Was he here to get that teen girl...Yumi? Jenny thought that Malcolm had said that she was here until 7 am. Had something changed?

Screenshot-2023-07-18-100214.png

And then Jenny saw the Watcher's face. She knew him! Oh my gosh, it was Zion! The Watcher from Oasis Springs who was in league with the Desert Rats' gang. The corrupt Watcher who was planning a crystal distribution system from Oasis Springs to Willow Creek. Somehow, the Desert Rats had found out where she was, and they had sent Watcher Zion to silence her...to kill her! She had to hide. Oh gosh, but where?

Screenshot-2023-07-18-100318.png

Jenny raced around the back to the shower area and went into the farthest shower stall. She looked around for something to defend herself. This wasn't like a Desert Rats' gang member, the Watchers had guns. How could she fight him here if she was trapped inside the survival lot? She had nowhere to run.

~ ~ ~

Rex had seen the Watcher enter the lot and head towards the shelter. At almost the same time, he heard Jenny gasp and run toward the shower area. Something was going on.

Jodi had seen what was going on, too, and walked up to Rex, "Hey, I thought that Malcolm said that um...Yumi was here until 7 am? Why is a Watcher here now?"

Screenshot-2023-07-20-161758.png

Rex just shrugged his shoulders and went to see what was going on with Jenny.

A few minutes later, the Watcher and the teen girl came running from the shelter and headed towards the entrance. The Watcher closed the gate and locked it again and running footsteps were heard heading down the street.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-160117.png

Joey had just stepped out from a bush when he saw the Watcher and the teen girl leave and figured that Malcolm's date with Yumi was over. He wasn't sure why it had ended early, but Joey figured that it was time for him to get some food. He entered the enclosure and saw all the food there. Wow! What a spread!

He grabbed a plate and piled quite a few offerings on it. Maybe he should knock on the door and see if Malcolm wanted to join him. Then he could hear all about Malcolm's "date". Oh yeah...that would be pretty spicy.

Joey went to the shelter door and knocked, "Hey Malcolm, bro...you asleep in there? Did that teen girl tire you out?" he asked chuckling, "I bet you're hungry. Still lots of food here...I was just fixing myself a plate and was wondering if you wanted to join me..."

There was no answer, so Joey knocked again. And still no answer. He opened the door a bit and peered inside and gave a gasp when he saw Malcolm passed out on the floor.

Screenshot-2023-07-18-100818.png

He bent down and tried to shake him, "Malcolm! Malcolm!, wake up bro..." but Malcolm just lay there not moving. Something was wrong. He heard some noises outside and saw Jodi getting a plateful of food.

Joey motioned to her: "Jodi, come here quick. I think there's something wrong with Malcolm. He's unresponsive..."

Screenshot-2023-07-18-101056.png

Jodi hurried inside and quickly took Malcolm's pulse. It was weak and his breathing was very shallow. His face had a large red welt on it like he had been punched, but overall his face looked very grey. She had seen this before. She looked around the room and spied an empty glass with some pink residue in it. She got up and took the glass and smelled the contents. It had a strong apple smell. She then put a bit of the residue on her pinkie finger and tentatively tasted it. As soon as she did, she spat it out and ran to the sink for a glass of water and spat out the contents.

Jodi: "Poison, he's been poisoned...and in the condition he's in, we don't have much time..." Jodi thought for a moment and then shouted to Joey to see if there was a salt shaker near the food area.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-162540.png

Joey ran out and was back in a moment with a salt shaker in hand unscrewing the top as he spoke. Joey and Jodi helped Malcolm to a sitting position. Joey slapped Malcolm's face, and he saw Malcolm's eyes flutter slightly. Malcolm had somewhat regained consciousness and was trying to speak.

Joey: "Bro...you have to take this...you've been poisoned...you've got to swallow this..."

Somehow Malcolm understood what he had to do and swallowed a mouthful of salt. Within minutes, Malcolm was retching on the floor.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-161009.png

They kept administering the salt, and Malcolm somehow made it to the toilet and retched some more. Malcolm looked up and shook his head sadly.

Malcolm: "...a lie...all a lie..." he said and then turned around and retched in the toilet again.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-185332.png

~ ~ ~

Rex had headed to the shower area and found Jenny hiding there. When he approached her, she was wielding a crude piece of metal, defending herself, but she dropped it when she saw it was him.

Jenny: "Rex, don't let him find me. He's going to kill me. I know who he is. I heard the Desert Rats' plans...and he is the one in charge of the whole operation. Somehow they found out I was here and sent that Watcher to kill me..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-162827.png

Rex stared at Jenny in bewilderment. What had brought Jenny to this emotional state? He had never seen her like this before. Rex heard some footsteps and then heard the front entrance gate close and lock.

Rex: "Jenny, it's okay. I think that the Watcher and um...Yumi are gone. It's fine, you can come out now..." he said holding out his hand to her. He felt her hand tremble when she took it.

Jenny looked up at him, "Rex, that Watcher...he's bad...really bad. I think Yumi's in trouble...I don't know how we can help her. We need to tell Malcolm...:"

Screenshot-2023-07-20-185704.png

Rex and Jenny headed to the shelter area and found Jodi and Joey hovering over a very pale Malcolm.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-162349.png

Jodi: "Malcolm's been poisoned. He's also talking nonsense and hallucinating...it's part of the poison they used. I know it well. Mandrake. It grows all around Glimmerbrook. It can be fatal, but I think we flushed it out in time, but Malcolm's still pretty weak."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-163342.png

Jenny: "It was the Watcher...he poisoned Malcolm...and now he's got Yumi...she may be in danger, too..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-163115.png

Joey: "No,...from Malcolm's ramblings...he's saying that Yumi poisoned him...that she's not his soulmate...that she hid in the well pretending to be...and he said he gave her the Landgraab ring as a promise...and something about his blood...I didn't get that all...but they were going to use his blood to make a baby in the lab...it makes no sense..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-163208.png

Jodi: "Actually, it does. I've read about that. It was banned years ago because of mutation defects. Test tube babies or rather science babies. Combining the blood of two parents to make a baby in the lab..."

Rex: "So, you think this is true? That Yumi took Malcolm's blood and with her blood will make a science baby? Where would she even have access to a lab to do that?"

Screenshot-2023-07-20-163013.png

Jenny: "That Watcher...I know him...he has access to many labs...for his crystal production. His drug operation. He's got to be behind this...but why would they want to create a baby?"

Malcolm uttered some words to Joey and then weakly fell back on the bed again.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-162608.png

Joey: "Holy Plumbobs! I get it now...that baby...and the ring that Malcolm gave Yumi...that baby is the heir to the Landgraab fortune...and that ring will prove it. Malcolm's the father and Yumi's the mother..and they planned on killing Malcolm...and getting all that wealth for themselves..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

By the time 7 am rolled around, Malcolm had told all the teen survivors as much as he had heard or thought he had heard. Because of the poison's hallucinogenic effects, he wasn't sure of everything, because he thought he heard the Watcher say that he was going to choose Yumi at a party and they were going to the "mystery world" together. But he couldn't be sure. As much as he hated the Head Watcher, he had to tell the Head Watcher what had happened, and somehow convince the Head Watcher to try and find his baby.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-180138.png

The gate opened and in walked the Head Watcher with two guards. The Head Watcher looked around the lot and noticed two teens missing. Journey Crest and Nalia Cullen. He had already been apprised by the Grim Reaper of their demise and learned that Journey had died of the plague. Which is why the Head Watcher was suited up in a hazmat suit. He went over to the board and placed ribbons beside the various teens' photos, and moved Journey and Nalia's photos beneath Bob's, with a death symbol beside each one.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-172709.png

Head Watcher: "Under the orders of The Fates, you will all undergo plague testing due to the death of Journey Crest from the plague..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-173754.png

Joey: "Journey aged up...the well took her youth away and aged her up to a young adult and she died of the plague at that time. She wasn't a teen when she died."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174027.png

Head Watcher: "So, you are saying that the plague hasn't affected any teens here?"

Joey: "That's right..."

Malcolm: "But someone pretending to be my soulmate stole my blood on the pretense of a plague test and she's using it to create a science baby...my baby..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174159.png

Head Watcher: "What are you rambling on about Landgraab? The Grim Reaper advised that the well granted you a soulmate. Where is she?"

Rex: "She's gone. A Watcher came in the middle of the night and took her. Apparently, she hid in the well before it was brought here, and was here to get Malcolm's blood to create a science baby. She wasn't Malcolm's soulmate, it was all a ruse..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174321.png

The Head Watcher laughed: "You have been reading too many sci-fi novels. Science babies were outlawed years ago. No such thing exists anymore. As for this Watcher...no Watcher has been authorized to be here except me..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-181013.png

Jenny: "Head Watcher, I know this sounds crazy, but believe me it's true. And I saw the Watcher who came for her. I am not sure of his entire plan for these science babies, but apparently, he is only after the baby or heir's wealth, which he wants for himself..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-180839.png

Jodi: "Malcolm was poisoned by the teen girl last night and left to die," Jodi held out the glass which she had placed in a bag, "If you analyze the residue in this glass, you will find that it has traces of mandrake. A very lethal poison."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174700.png

The Head Watcher took the glass from Jodi and handed it to the guard, "We'll have it analyzed..." He continued to look over the teens and made a decision.

Head Watcher: "You, Landgraab, accompany me to the shelter and I will hear your testimony. The rest of you will undergo the plague testing as scheduled." After giving commands to the guards to remove the wishing wells, he grabbed Malcolm and they headed to the shelter together.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-175713.png

After the teens were cleared of the plague testing, the Head Watcher and Malcolm reappeared. Malcolm was taken by a guard for plague testing as well.

Head Watcher: "Jenny, Malcolm told me you know the Watcher who was here last night. I need his name..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174906.png

Jenny: "Why should I give you his name? What's in it for me...for us? Will all our wishes be granted? Will you search for Malcolm's baby?"

Head Watcher: "I can't guarantee any of that, only The Fates can. Give me his name, Jenny or there will be consequences..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174449.png

Jenny: "I need some guarantees and therefore will only give his name to The Fates..."

Head Watcher: "This is the final time I am asking, Jenny. GIVE ME HIS NAME!"

Screenshot-2023-07-20-175019.png

Jenny nodded: "NO! Only to The Fates..."

The Head Watcher then looked around the lot, "FINE! In two hours' time, we will return. If you help us, we'll help you, if you don't...there will be consequences..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-174946.png

The Head Watcher pointed to Malcolm, "You...Landgraab...spin the next challenge..."

Malcolm spun the next challenge, and it landed on "Defensive Smackdown"
    Screenshot-2023-07-04-075948.png

The Head Watcher then barked some commands to the guards and turned to Jenny.

The Head Watcher said manacingly: "You disappoint me, Jenny. If we don't have a name, we can't begin a search. And with no search, we will never be able to find that Landgraab baby. You do know what they do in the lab, don't you? Think about it..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-182056.png

And with that, the Head Watcher and the guards left the lot and locked the gate. Malcolm just stood there feeling like his world had caved in.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-182245.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

NOTES:

FINAL RESULTS OF THE IT'S MY LIFE CHALLENGE:

Malcolm: Simoleons (5 points) + Youthful Vigor (5 points) + Romance (2 points) = 12 points
    Jodi: Simoleons (4 points) + Youthful Vigor (5 points) + Romance (3 points) = 12 points
    Joey: Simoeons (4 points) + Youthful Vigor (3 points) + Romance (5 points) = 12 points
    Jenny: Simoleons (3 points) + Youthful Vigor (3 points) + Romance (3 points) = 9 points
    Rex: Simoleons (2 points) + Youthful Vigor (6 points) + Romance (4 points) = 12 points

There were several first-place winners, but since Malcolm was the only one who got a soulmate, frenemy, or ghost soulmate, he was given use of the shelter for his "date". All of the other teens were able to help themselves to the food and use the shelter once the teen girl had left.

DISCLAIMER:

In one of the NetFlix "Travellers" series, they had someone ingest salt to induce vomiting because they were poisoned. And so that is where the idea of using salt came from. Apparently, I also read that "the internet lists salt as an emetic to induce vomiting, which is a dangerous practice." Do not do this. In cases of suspected poisoning, it is best to call 911, call the Poison Control Center, and head to the hospital emergency room as quickly as possible.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

TEEN SURVIVOR - JENNY'S REVELATION

Screenshot-2023-07-23-082818.png
    When the Head Watcher and the guards left the lot, Malcolm immediately strode over to where Jenny was standing.

Screenshot-2023-07-20-182502.png

Malcolm lashed out at her: "I thought you were my friend, but I can see that you're not. Why didn't you give the Head Watcher the name of the Watcher who was here last night?"

Jenny: "Malcolm, I am your friend, and that's why I didn't give him the name. You heard what he said, he couldn't guarantee anything..."

Malcolm: "But, Jenny, my baby...don't you get it...my baby is in the lab...they'll do...they'll do terrible things...my baby is in danger, Jenny. How could you?"

Jenny: "I'm sorry, Malcolm...I couldn't just give him the name without a guarantee. They could just arrest that Watcher and never do a search for your baby..."

Screenshot-2023-07-20-182535.png

Malcolm: "But you didn't know that Jenny...but now....now my baby will never be found...the Landgraab heir...I don't even know if it's a boy or a girl...or maybe it's twins..."

Jenny: "I'm sorry, Malcolm...I thought the Head Watcher would agree...I was just..."

Malcolm cut her off: "You were just what, Jenny? Looking out for yourself? I heard what you said..."What's in it for me?" You just want your own wish granted...you couldn't care less about my baby..."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-080943.png

Jenny: "That's not true, Malcolm..."

Malcolm cut her off: "Well then why didn't you give the Head Watcher the Watcher's name? That's my baby. Jenny! I would take any chance I could to find that baby. But you? How could you do this to me? And as far as being friends...we're not anymore. Don't speak to me ever again..." he said and then stomped off towards the graveyard.

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081215.png

Jenny just stood there not believing what had just happened. She looked at everyone, "You...you all understand why I didn't give the Watcher's name, don't you?"

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081149.png

Rex: "Yeah, I understand Jenny. You felt that if you spoke to The Fates that they would provide a guarantee to look for Malcolm's baby, but the Head Watcher wasn't budging and wasn't going to let you speak to them. I don't have an answer on what to do now. We are at the mercy of the Head Watcher and now we have another challenge in 2 hours, and one or more of us may not make it. So, I understand why you did what you did, Jenny, but try to understand how Malcolm is feeling right now, too. This baby...his heir...that was his wish...a promise he made to his mother on her deathbed...and now he may never even know that baby..."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081317.png

Jenny: "Oh gosh...I didn't know..."

Joey: "Jenny...look...I've noticed things...and one thing I've noticed is that the Head Watcher admires you...he's said so many times...you have more pull with him than you think. Maybe you can talk to him again when he returns and perhaps he will change his mind..."

Jenny looked at Joey and just shook her head. She doubted that the Head Watcher would do anything.

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081432.png

~ ~ ~

Malcolm had gone over to the graveyard and thoughts of everything that had happened last night were swirling in his head. The wish for a soulmate...Yumi appearing from the wishing well...their talk of marriage...wanting to spend the night with her...plans for a baby...and Malcolm almost dying. And the sad realization that he had been deceived. The only thing that was real was that somewhere in the Simworld, his blood and Yumi's had made a science baby.

Malcolm crying: "Oh mother...you have a grandchild...somewhere...if I wasn't stuck here, you know I would do everything I could to find that baby...my baby..."

my-child-they-took-him.png

Malcolm thought about his baby in the lab, "Oh gosh...what are they going to do to my baby? What horrible atrocities will they experiment on that poor child? Why? Why did this have to happen?"

im-not-really-needed-just-my-genes-my-dna.png

He heard a noise behind him and saw it was Jodi.

Jodi: "Hey Malcolm, I just wanted to check your vitals to make sure that the poison didn't have any side effects..."

Malcolm wiped his eyes, "Yeah, sure..."

i-know-now-what-i-must-do.png

Jodi quietly took his vitals, "I never had a chance to tell you that I was sorry for everything that happened to you. Rex told us that your wish was to have a baby..."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081818.png

Malcolm quietly nodded his head, "Yeah, that was my wish...I wanted to get married and start a family in the "mystery world"."

Jodi: "It could still happen, Malcolm. Don't give up on your dream..."

Malcolm: "You know, Jodi, when Rex and Bob had talked to everyone about their wishes, and proposed that whoever survived would ask The Fates to grant everyone's wishes, I...I said I wouldn't do it. I mean how could anyone grant my wish of getting married and starting a family, right? I was the only one who could do that...no one else could fulfill that wish. So, I told them no."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-082210.png

Jodi: "And now?"

Screenshot-2023-07-23-082301.png

Malcolm: " Well now circumstances are different. I've changed my mind. I would gladly ask The Fates to grant everyone's wishes, if...if everyone would agree to ask The Fates to find my baby. I would do anything to guarantee the safety of my baby..."

Jodi: "You should let everyone know then...I know I would try to find your baby, Malcolm. All life is worth saving..."

Malcolm looked at Jodi, "Thank you, Jodi. I'm going to talk to Rex. It might be the only chance my baby has..."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-082055.png

~ ~ ~

Jenny had come around the corner and saw Jodi talking to Malcolm. She saw Malcolm's grief-stricken face and Jenny felt bad. Maybe she had done the wrong thing. Jodi saw her and nodded her head and then walked away. Malcolm saw Jenny approach.

Screenshot-2023-07-23-082753.png

Jenny: "Malcolm, I owe you an apology. I should have given the Head Watcher the name of the Watcher who was here last night. I just don't entirely trust the Head Watcher you know, and I wanted to ensure that if I gave the Head Watcher that name, he would indeed try to find your baby..."

Malcolm: "I get it, Jenny, but by not giving the Head Watcher that Watcher's name, there is no chance that maybe the Head Watcher would have them search for my baby..."

They were both quiet.

Screenshot-2023-07-23-102606.png

Malcolm: "But I've decided something after this happened. I'm going to tell Rex that if I am the sole survivor, I will ask The Fates to grant everyone's wishes...and I want everyone to grant my wish and have The Fates find my baby..."

Jenny: "I'll do that for you, Malcolm. And...um...my wish will be rather easy for you...because it now involves you, too..."

Malcolm: "What do you mean? What is your wish, Jenny?"

Screenshot-2023-07-23-083109.png

Jenny: "It's about that Watcher who was here last night. You already know I know his name, but there's something more. I haven't told anyone else about this, but I'm going to tell you...so you know. That Watcher and my sister, Reagan, were very close. He only came to the house once, but I remembered him. They were teens when they met, and my sister was crushing hard on him. He knew it and used it to his advantage. He got my sister addicted to the crystal drug and made her do drug trades for him. It got so bad, and she started using the crystal drug more and more until she...until she died of an overdose. That Watcher never even showed up when she died, nor the days following. I hated him so much and blamed him for Reagan's death. I searched for that Watcher afterward, wanting to get revenge. I was told that he had contracted the plague and I thought he was dead. But I learned that he was still alive just before I was "chosen". So, if you survive, I want you to get revenge, Malcolm, for what he did to my sister and for what he did to you...."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-084611.png

Malcolm: "Oh gosh, Jenny...I didn't know...I'm so sorry..."

Jenny: "For what it's worth, his name is Zion and he is from Oasis Springs. You have his name now, and you can tell the Head Watcher. My wish was to have The Fates find Zion, so he would be punished and put away for a long time for what he did to my sister. But my real wish, one I knew The Fates would never grant, was that I wanted to see him dead."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-084808.png

Malcolm looked at Jenny and could see the tears in her eyes, "Jenny, thank you...thank you for his name. And don't worry, if I survive, I will call in all my mother's contacts at MobWives. Zion will be found, And when he is, he won't live to see another day..."

Screenshot-2023-07-23-083039.png

~ ~ ~

NOTES:

And it seems that some other crushes have happened. Joey now had a crush on Jenny, and Jodi is crushing on Malcolm.

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081513.png

Screenshot-2023-07-23-081748.png

~ ~ ~

IS THERE REALLY A LANDGRAAB SCIENCE BABY?

You bet there is! To achieve this, I temporarily aged Malcolm and Yumi to young adults, and then Yumi chose Malcolm to have a science baby with. Yumi went off to have the baby, brought it back, and boom, a baby boy, named Dudley Landgraab. Then in CAS I changed Malcolm back to a teen again. Yumi and the baby are living in a secret location, and as you can see, Malcolm is indeed the baby's father.

Screenshot-2023-07-17-123509.png
    Screenshot-2023-07-18-102157.png

Dudley Landgraab is the name of Malcolm's son in The Sims (Console), and The Sims Bustin' Out, and there is a Sims4 version of Dudley created by Maxis available for download in the gallery.

Screenshot-2023-07-23-110749.png

~ ~ ~

And so, the final wish has now been revealed. Jenny's wish is more a wish for avenging her sister's death and bringing a corrupt Watcher to justice. Little did she know how much Zion would impact not only her life but others on her survival lot. Or, that the knowledge that she had would play a part in another sim's life.
  • Options
    edited July 2023

TEEN SURVIVOR - DEFENSIVE SMACKDOWN CHALLENGE

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083308.png
    It was the first day of summer and also Prank Day. After all that had happened yesterday, the teens' emotions were raw, and many of them hadn't slept well. So, even though they were happy about the warmer weather, they were not looking forward to the next challenge.

They heard the gate click and in strode the Head Watcher and the guards. The Head Watcher motioned to the guards to set up the challenge.

Screenshot-2023-07-28-132356.png

Head Watcher: "I have spoken to The Fates, and the empty glass contents have been analyzed. It appears that you were all telling the truth. From what I learned, similar stories have been heard from other survival lots, and many teens died from the poison they ingested. Apparently, it was an elaborate scheme that involved the wishing wells and Love Day. One teen's story, in particular, coincides with the story that you told me, Landgraab. Do you know a teen named Alexander Goth?"

Malcolm shook his head no.

Screenshot-2023-07-28-132801.png

Head Watcher: "The Goths are a wealthy family who live in Willow Creek and Alexander is the last survivor of his family. He told us that a girl named Yumi came from the well, and the story of what transpired pretty much was similar to what you told us. Alexander gave her a family ring, and she took his blood on the pretense of a plague test. After Alexander had drunk the poison, Yumi scoffed at him and told him that she would be making a science baby with his blood to get all his wealth. She then fled with a Watcher and he was left to die. Luckily, another teen on his lot was able to save Alexander, or he, too would be dead now."

Malcolm let out a gasp, "...Yumi!"

Jenny and Malcolm exchanged glances and the Head Watcher saw them look at each other.

Head Watcher: "Jenny...do you have something you wanted to say?"

Screenshot-2023-07-28-132840.png

Jenny: "Yes...yes, I do. The Watcher who was here last night is Watcher Zion. He lives in Oasis Springs. I only met him once, when he was a teen. He got my sister addicted to the crystal drug, and because of that she overdosed and died. I blame him for her death. He is in league with the Desert Rats' gang to form a crystal drug distribution system between Oasis Springs and Willow Creek..."

The Head Watcher looked at Jenny closely, "...the Desert Rats gang? The one you fought?"

Jenny nodded: "Yes. I overheard their plans for this drug distribution, and Watcher Zion and his cousin in Willow Creek were going to be their "inside guys" so the Desert Rats gang would be easily released if they got caught..."

The Head Watcher nodded his head, "So it's Zion who's behind this? I should have known..."

Screenshot-2023-07-28-132908.png

The Head Watcher mused on this for a moment and thought about Watcher Zion, and how high up in the Watcher ranks he was. Zion could easily access a lot of information and would know about the Love Day challenge involving the fabled wishing wells. He probably had this plan in place several weeks ahead of time. Zion was no fool, and it was rumored that Zion had been involved in data breach scams and simoleon-laundering, but, he had never been caught. Zion had many unsavory friends and key witnesses always seemed to mysteriously disappear or die, which seems to have happened with Zion's latest "science baby" scam.

Malcolm spoke then: "With this information, Head Watcher, will you inform The Fates and ask them to find my baby?"

Screenshot-2023-07-28-133010.png

Head Watcher: "The Fates will be apprised of the situation, and given the circumstances, they will most likely authorize a search for the labs..."

Malcolm: "And my baby...what will happen to my baby?"

Head Watcher: "In prior years, before the plague, science babies were put up for adoption..."

Malcolm closed his eyes for a moment and continued, "Head Watcher, the other teens and I have spoken, and if I...if I am not the sole survivor, whoever does survive would like to look after my baby. Everyone here has agreed to do that..."

The Head Watcher nodded, "When I report to The Fates, I will let them know of your request. That is all I can do for now..."

Screenshot-2023-07-28-133315.png

~ ~ ~

The Head Watcher then motioned for all the teens to head inside the enclosure near the garden. A set of lockers and boxes of parts were before them.

The Head Watcher cleared his throat, "One of the skills necessary for survival is to protect yourself from intruders or predators. To do this, you need to create some type of weapon, which is what you will be doing today. Each of you will make and plant a stink bomb in the locker. If you are unsuccessful on your first attempt, you must keep trying until you have successfully planted the stink bomb. Once that is done, you will claim the locker as yours and open it. Your final task is to defuse the stink bomb.

Screenshot-2023-07-28-133454.png

With every type of weapon, there is always some danger. So be warned that the stink might be like nothing you've ever smelled before and can be quite toxic.

The first teen to successfully complete all the steps will win the challenge. The prize will be a night in the shelter."

The Head Watcher then told them to begin and left the lot and locked the gate.

~ ~ ~

The teens took parts from the box and tried to fashion a stink bomb. No one had ever done that before.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083458.png

They really weren't sure what they were doing...

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083659.png

...but they tried their best...

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083633.png

...and it looks like Jenny has finished the stink bomb, and has successfully planted it into the locker. The second to do so is Rex.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083826.png

And just as Malcolm was finishing with his stink bomb, Joey triggers something and the stink bomb blows up.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083859.png

Poor Joey is engulfed in that stench, and it is really bad.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-083923.png

Jodi now plants her stink bomb and Joey still has that awful stink cloud around him.

Screenshot-2023-07-21-092031.png

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084021.png

All the teens, except Joey have now successfully finished planting their stink bomb and have now claimed the locker as theirs. Joey decides to try again.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084334.png

The teens who are finished decide to decorate their locker and then open it to retrieve an apple. And all the stink bombs seem to trigger at the same time.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084451.png

Oh no! And Joey's stink bomb backfires again.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084613.png

The teens start to defuse their stink bombs, but it appears that the toxic smell of the second backfired stink bomb is too much for Joey.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084708.png

And just as Jenny finishes defusing her stink bomb, Joey falls to his knees...

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084801.png

...and then Joey falls to the ground.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-084821.png

Rex and Jodi have now finished defusing their stink bombs; however, something is definitely wrong with Joey and he isn't moving.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-085001.png

And as Malcolm defuses his stink bomb, the teens know that Joey has died.
    Screenshot-2023-07-27-084908.png

Screenshot-2023-07-27-085103.png

And then Grim suddenly appears.

Malcolm stared at Joey on the ground and saw Grim approaching. Malcolm thought back to how Joey had found him in the shelter after Yumi had poisoned him. If it hadn't been for Joey and Jodi, Malcolm would be dead now. Malcolm remembered the death flower he had in his pocket.

Screenshot-2023-07-27-085319.png

Malcolm: "Grim, not so fast. Joey is a good friend. I heard you like these flowers, so I am giving you this to save his life. Deal?"

Grim took the flower and Joey was saved.

Afterwards, Joey went over to Malcolm: "Hey bro, thanks. I almost died of that stink..."

Screenshot-2023-07-28-132043.png

Malcolm: "Yeah, well, I owed you one. But, do us all a favor and go take a shower. Sorry to say it, but you really reek."

As Joey was about to head to the shower area, Grim barred his way and pointed to the locker.

Jenny: "Grim, you can't be serious. Joey literally died trying to plant a stink bomb..."

Screenshot-2023-07-28-135843.png

Grim didn't say a word and just pointed at Joey and the locker again.

Joey: "I guess Grim wants me to continue as I didn't plant that stink bomb successfully. This might be it for me if that stink bomb backfires again."

Jodi: "Joey, you're going to do it. Just take your time..."

Screenshot-2023-07-28-140008.png

Joey took Rex aside: "Look, if I don't make it...make sure that The Fates agree to grant my wish. It will change the Simworld...it's a plan to save everyone. Promise me..."

Rex looked at Joey and gave him a bro hug: "Yeah, I promise...but you're going to make it, Joey...just stay positive..."

And with that Joey went back to the locker and tried to make that stink bomb again. All the teens and Grim were watching him.

And just like before, Joey touched the wrong wire and the stink bomb backfired. Perhaps he was getting used to the gas smell, because he just kept on creating that stink bomb.

Screenshot-2023-07-28-135141.png

Joey finally finished and was able to plant the stink bomb in the locker. Then he claimed the locker and opened it to grab an apple. A horrid stench emanated from his locker, but he continued and successfully defused the stink bomb. He had done it!

Screenshot-2023-07-28-135519.png

He turned around and looked at everyone, "I planted that stink bomb! I did it...and I'm still alive..."

The other teens let out some cheers. Grim tallied the scores and motioned to Jenny that she had won and then disappeared from the lot.

Screenshot-2023-07-28-144405.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

NOTES:

To be able to plant a stink bomb in a locker, a sim must have Level 3 in Mischief skill. So, I did a little cheat to give all the teens Level 3 in mischief before they attempted this challenge.

Defensive Smackdown Challenge Results:

Jenny - 1st Place - Winner
    Rex - 2nd Place
    Jodi - 3rd Place
    Malcolm - 4th Place
    Joey - 5th place after dying the first time.
  • Options
    Thanks for the latest update. I'm enjoying your posts!
  • Options
    Looking forward to the next update - I've been enjoying this challenge!
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Looking forward to the next update - I've been enjoying this challenge!

Just on vacation right now. It should start up again shortly. This story is on another computer which I can't access right now. :)
  • Options
    BelalucinaBelalucina Posts: 843 Member
    I too have been enjoying your story :)
    Just in case no one has told you today, you are loved. <3