Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hot Update! šŸ”„ New SDX!! 5/16/23

Comments

• Options
    Simmer_chiyenSimmer_chiyen Posts: 362 Member
    Personally, I looked forward to the townie refreshes mainly for updates to their lores that match with the description. Iā€™m so disappointed that they only cared about the looks and not giving them Likes/Dislikes, skills, relationships, and more
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    They're brown now at least, but at what cost?
    RIP to Katrina and Don in particular.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Have they confirmed this is the hot update referred to on the road map?

A makeover we could do ourselves? I was expecting a pack update like when they did Spa Day.

I'm guessing we're never going to get any more of those, just like we get no more gameplay kits, stuff packs and a whole heap of other stuff that has fallen by the wayside.

It's always the same: people expect cars and get a new swatch for a garden chair.
  • Options
    pvrescue1pvrescue1 Posts: 61 Member

A makeover we could do ourselves? I was expecting a pack update like when they did Spa Day.

I'm guessing we're never going to get any more of those, just like we get no more gameplay kits, stuff packs and a whole heap of other stuff that has fallen by the wayside.

It's always the same: people expect cars and get a new swatch for a garden chair.

Bingo.
    he/him Ā· read my substack
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Don looks more like his Sims 2 counterpart now and I like that.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    Thanks for posting! My Caliente sisters are seniors since long, so I won't make use of this. But good for anyone into fresh saves with a new omph in the Caliente department :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member

Haha, I should've known better by now.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    According to my Sims 4, there was only the new SDX. ;)
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Do we have to start a new game for the recipes? I have simple living lot trait, level 10 cooking skill, and no gourmet cooking skill. I can't find the new recipes on the stove or fridge.
  • Options
    leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,063 Member
    No played since SDX but watch video review of an spanish youtuber, Mina Caliente (blonde girl) is better now, and more near to her TS2 rendition
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Daravi wrote: Ā»
    keekee53 wrote: Ā»
    Can anyone please tell me what level cooking you need for the new Jewish foods. I tried to locate them last night and could not find the new recipes.

I think it was level 2 for the challah and level 4 for the matzeknƶdelsoup in normal cooking.

At topic. I'm very happy for the new dishes and for the user who had wish for it so long. Finally some dishes, which I know because the non kosher versions is also very common here, thanks to century old history.

Thank you šŸ˜Š
  • Options
    OrbizartOrbizart Posts: 6 New Member
    > @DragonAge_300905 said:
    > Do we have to start a new game for the recipes? I have simple living lot trait, level 10 cooking skill, and no gourmet cooking skill. I can't find the new recipes on the stove or fridge.

If you have the Simple Living lot trait, the new recipes are not available. Thereā€™s a post in the help center, so go press Me Too! Surely thatā€™s an oversight/bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Matzah-ball-soup-and-Challah-bread-not-available-with-Simple
  • Options
    Orbizart wrote: Ā»
    > Do we have to start a new game for the recipes? I have simple living lot trait, level 10 cooking skill, and no gourmet cooking skill. I can't find the new recipes on the stove or fridge.

If you have the Simple Living lot trait, the new recipes are not available. Thereā€™s a post in the help center, so go press Me Too! Surely thatā€™s an oversight/bug.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Matzah-ball-soup-and-Challah-bread-not-available-with-Simple

Thank you @Orbizart

I will put the link so someone else with the problem can click it to go there, since you're a new member. I also gave you an insightful.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/CoL-Matzah-ball-soup-and-Challah-bread-not-available-with-Simple/m-p/12571581/highlight/false#M250109
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Not played it since the update but i hope to goodness it doesnt change how the Calientes looked in game as i have edited mine and tweaked them a lot and would just delete them if they changed back to this look
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I was fine with my edited versions of them, but I put them all on the same lot to see them together.
    05-16-23_9-48-53_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

05-16-23_9-48-23_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

05-16-23_9-48-34_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I will be keeping my original version of Dina and Nina, but their new Don seems a little more rugged than mine, so I will keep him.
    05-16-23_9-54-47_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I deleted Katrina Caliente because she just violates the lore, in my opinion.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,971 Member
    I love that we have such a huge variety of food dishes in Sims 4, and that the ones added via update like the Hispanic grill dishes always come with an explanation of what they are and when they're typically eaten. You get to learn a little something whilst you play.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Not played it since the update but i hope to goodness it doesnt change how the Calientes looked in game as i have edited mine and tweaked them a lot and would just delete them if they changed back to this look

Nothing will change in existing saves, even ones where they havenā€™t been edited, but if you start a new save youā€™ll get the new versions.
  • Options
    EleriEleri Posts: 550 Member
    But I did think it was odd the team didn't include some kind of romantic interest between Don and Katrina. Those two have been 'close' since Sims2 and not including that relationship breaks their backstory.
    Katrina didn't exist in Sims 2. In Sims 2, the Caliente sisters had a deceased mother named Nighat who, as far as we know, never met Don Lothario.

I don't have a problem with the specific changes they made to the Calientes. My issue is with the overall idea of townie makeovers. Why do we need this? I wish the Sims team would direct their energies elsewhere. Bug fixes for example, or making the next game play DLC as thorough and smooth-running as possible, or bug fixes.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    If the teams add more new meal recipes in the future, we're going to need a way to disable the ones we don't want to use. I'm getting a loading lag every time I click on the fridge now. And the lag is getting longer every time new recipes are added. It's too bad we can't choose favorite recipes for each household that would eliminate the lag and the long search for certain recipes I prefer to use.

As for the makeovers...they don't interest me all that much. I rarely play any of the premades. But I did think it was odd the team didn't include some kind of romantic interest between Don and Katrina. Those two have been 'close' since Sims2 and not including that relationship breaks their backstory. So, the makeovers aside, the team took a step backwards by not including the romantic interest these two have shared for a long time. I'll pass on this one. I can't see where adding it will improve my game or create renewed interest in playing that family again.

"Katrina" died while Nina and Dina were still children.
    xuSlIoj.png
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited May 2023
    Yeah Katrina is just butchering lore here by existing

I think they should have at least made it like she is distant relative instead of mom

I think I might do that if I end up playing her

and maybe make her alien

and definitely not have her interact with Don Lothario cause nah
    ā­ļø AHQ Champion šŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate šŸ‰ Team Dragons
    šŸ” Gallery šŸ“– Stories šŸŒ World Project šŸ„” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    KestrelDCKestrelDC Posts: 335 Member

I think they should have at least made it like she is distant relative instead of mom

and maybe make her alien

Maybe she's a step-mom? Or Don cheated and she's the real mom and he married her after his first wife died?
    wfyfk3mg6t02.jpg
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member

and maybe make her alien

I've thought about deleting her. Then I thought about turning her into a cat because why not? :D
    i7-13700K ā€¢ 16GB ā€¢ RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    ChildrenofhurinChildrenofhurin Posts: 138 Member

This seems to be standard for recipes added via SDX - iirc a modder pointed out that some recipe-related files donā€™t seem to download via SDX deliveries (that would allow for compatibility with things like restaurants and the simple living trait). Generally the next game patch (which automatically include any SDX deliveries not downloaded) are able to add the files fully and make the recipes compatible with those features.
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    edited May 2023

I've thought about deleting her. Then I thought about turning her into a cat because why not? :D

I have removed Katrina's mother relationship with girls from my game , but ended up keeping (first version) Katrina as distant relative. Somehow my game does not feel right anymore if there is no Katrina putting her nose at every daaaang thing/place :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options

This seems to be standard for recipes added via SDX - iirc a modder pointed out that some recipe-related files donā€™t seem to download via SDX deliveries (that would allow for compatibility with things like restaurants and the simple living trait). Generally the next game patch (which automatically include any SDX deliveries not downloaded) are able to add the files fully and make the recipes compatible with those features.

Thanks for letting me know.