Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cast Your Vote for Two Upcoming Kits!

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I voted for Goth fashion and medieval stuff, but I really hope they aren't going to limit this type of content to just a kit, especially for medieval stuff. I hope they include working cannons and a drawbridge. Or at least a working wine nectar barrel.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited May 2023
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I voted for Goth fashion and medieval stuff, but I really hope they aren't going to limit this type of content to just a kit, especially for medieval stuff. I hope they include working cannons and a drawbridge. Or at least a working wine nectar barrel.
    Yeah, this does make me wonder if theres gonna be some connections to medieval themes in fairy pack
    but they maybe couldn't really add castles stuff for B/B due to needing to add the fairy stuff

just speculation ofcourse ;)
    also I was wondering what if the fairies can act as superheroes its odd concept
    but technically what do superheroes do? save the earth.
    what do fairies do? protect the earth.

this would also explain the mystery of castle vs scifi most splendidly

*xfiles theme*
    now, I will go and be delusional in my coffin until they tell me which kit themes won
    and hope to watcher Goth kit is picked because I will probably cry plasma if it isn't
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Looks like the Goth/Medieval combo is going to win, at least as far as this forum is concerned. Still... Furistic for me, because that building came straight out of Mass Effect and I love it. (We're probably not getting that building, just things to fill it with, but I take what I can get.)

As for CAS, I agree with the majority and would rather have the Goth theme. We already have so many bright and colourful CAS assets.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member

I’m sure that whatever doesn’t get voted in this time will be a kit or part of a larger pack in the future. I will certainly keep reminding the team. 😈

What I won’t do is remind them of the rainbow party stuff (carnaval 2.0)…in fact, I instantly forgot about it as soon as I noticed Goth, Medieval & SciFi was an option! 💀🏰🛸
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    Is, none, please bring back stuff packs an option? ;)
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Looks like the Sims Twitter community is aligned with the forum votes.
    Wondering what I'm going to do with the Goth kit. 🤔
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member
    Looks like the Sims Twitter community is aligned with the forum votes.

Your spellcasters might find something in the Goth kit to their liking.😉
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited May 2023
    As much as these are good content ideas, the nature of the kit model means they can't be fully-fleshed out - see for example the Courtyard Oasis kit. It'll be a collection of pretty items, but not substantial enough to complete the theme.

I miss Stuff Packs. :(
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    edited May 2023
    I love them all!! I want all four! 🤩
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member

Spellcaster. As in one. 😄 The matriarch of my one and only family. She's much better suited for the Rainbow Core kit.

I do have a teen in the family though and it might work for her. A temporary teen angst or rebellious phase.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,849 Member

Spellcaster. As in one. 😄 The matriarch of my one and only family. She's much better suited for the Rainbow Core kit.

I do have a teen in the family though and it might work for her. A temporary teen angst or rebellious phase.

That would be perfect. The whole goth aesthetic was tailor made for angsty and rebellious teens.🙂
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    For CAS I went for Goth since I think there is a lack of various styles for it. Last bit of some goth related stuff came from Realm of Magic.

Some of that rainbow core stuff looks like some stuff we already have in game
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I voted bright and medieval. Although, I do like the Goth too. I think the bright could be done really well with the family theme that we have going right now i.e. the take me home concept. More spring and summer clothing, maybe more curtains, bedding, wallpaper. The medieval that has build buy all over it. I would love the Medieval to be an EP not a kit, but with maybe fairies and dragons.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    I sure hope the percentages stay same :sunglasses:
    I do have lots of sims that would appreciate new gothy clothing
    it is so very awkward when you show up to a teen rave in your Vladdydaddys jacket, totally not cool.
    even if his fashion taste is
  • Options
    SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I hope that in the future we can get a whole Sims 4 Medieval EP, with Fairies added in that pack (unless fairies are getting their own GP), alongside kits as well. Bringing back the baby dragons that were in Sims 3 Dragon Valley and Sims 1 Makin' Magic would be perfect for a Medieval Kit, though! <3
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,173 Member
    Goth and Castle would really fit in well with vampires
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I voted for Goth Clothing & Futuristic Castle because there's already enough bright rainbow colors & medieval build modes in the game.
    I want dark rainbow colors & futuristic build modes because there's not enough of that in the game. ;)
    I have many historical timeline game saves & one futuristic timeline game save. I play vanilla & only use my up-to-date packs & most kits, so I know what's still missing for my game.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Gothic and Medieval here B)

I voted the same way.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t have a strong feeling either way — they’re just appearance kits — but I voted goth medieval too. I think all four look nice.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    *sigh* Well, I tried to see if I could create something like the futuristic building using the stuff we already have in the game. Then I remembered I completely lack the patience and the magic touch for architecture to build anything good-looking myself, and this is the best I could come up with so far:

zwischenablage01jrdzo.jpg
    zwischenablage02cqd6x.jpg

It looks nothing like those colony buildings in Mass Effect. Please help! :'(

Discover university wallpapers maybe? and HSY led strips

its pretty good so far ;)

you can also change the light colors live mode and get famous might have some scifi details maybe some floor or roof trims could give dimension too

theres that blue glow thing in realm of magic debug too that might give some more to the blue glow of the place

oh! also maybe strangerville doors
    Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Hmmm. Pessimistic me thinks that this means that this means we won't ever get a full pack for either medieval or futuristic content (and I'd like to have both).

However, cynical but optimistic me thinks that this means that packs for both are already in the works, and that the winning kit would consist of discards from the cutting room floor.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    *sigh* Well, I tried to see if I could create something like the futuristic building using the stuff we already have in the game. Then I remembered I completely lack the patience and the magic touch for architecture to build anything good-looking myself, and this is the best I could come up with so far:

https://abload.de/img/zwischenablage01jrdzo.jpg
    https://abload.de/img/zwischenablage02cqd6x.jpg

It looks nothing like those colony buildings in Mass Effect. Please help! :'(

Discover university wallpapers maybe? and HSY led strips

its pretty good so far ;)

you can also change the light colors live mode and get famous might have some scifi details maybe some floor or roof trims could give dimension too

theres that blue glow thing in realm of magic debug too that might give some more to the blue glow of the place

oh! also maybe strangerville doors

Spa Day has glowing wallpaper + flooring that could be mixed in too. Matches the Get Famous glowing stairs + fence/railing perfectly.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I had to Google 'rainbowcore fashion' because I'm not a very fashionable person. hmm I don't think everyone is aware of what they are voting for if they choose rainbow core. :D

I'm not against bright clothing... but there's enough colorful clothing already (maybe not as dramatic as rainbowcore). When it comes to gothic clothing, very few packs give solid options or players have to get creative outside of CC.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    I vote for goth and futuristic.

goth cause we severely lack the fashion and its rare to find maxis match cc that can achieve that

as much as i like medieval stuff i lean into it way more than futuristic and i really should give scifi things more of a chance so id be interested to see what would come of it
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top