Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No skills, No problem (completed)

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2023
    @maggiemae8135 With the no skills one basically what happens is. You buy a house/ lot then your money resets to 0 automatically. Throughout the whole scenario no matter how hard you work on a skill eg cooking, logic and so on. You just can not gain even one skill point. Not sure what will happen once I reach the target 400 000. Will let you know once it happens ;)
  • Options
    Oh my gosh :o
    Guys Caitlin has not yet reached the end of the week, but soooo much happened, I am only at Wednesday in game but will have to update now. I will do it with the actual story line pics this time. Hopefully things will calm down and my next post will be a normal end of week one like the others.

So it all started with Caitlin's number being leaked and her now receiving several texts from her fans.
    6FjPQud.png

I was very pleased to see that Caitlin was although she is in the top of her career still receiving some raises. What a pleasant surprise.
    p7mB9U9.png

However Caitlin seems to think life is boring and she needs change. (I just don't get it, she is doing so well)
    2wKhuhW.png

Aaah she got this message arriving at work, surely that will be a nice big change. I mean going to another planet (I had to allow this travel as it was part of her job)
    NxhmfDN.png

Yeah this will definitely work, a new planet, new friends, party with the aliens :)
    9ee6FPN.png

NOT... She is still stressed and time is ticking :o
    4BPbkSA.png

Then Booooom !!!!! Full blown midlife crisis
    MTUsll4.png

I can work through some of these but not all of them due to my rules :s I will do my best to help her out.
    Biking we can do that.
    uxf1VEg.png

Just have a good rest Caitlin, we will work on this together, we can do it :)
    T2UrQGS.png
  • Options
    maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @mcrudd Thank you for the info! I was worried you couldn't do anything that was a skill such as fishing as skill would go up. Glad to know I can still do those activities. I haven't played much in Sulani so I may try there. I am enjoying your story!
  • Options
    @mcrudd Thank you for the info! I was worried you couldn't do anything that was a skill such as fishing as skill would go up. Glad to know I can still do those activities. I haven't played much in Sulani so I may try there. I am enjoying your story!

It is a pleasure, it will be interesting to see when she will start gaining skills again, so far she probably should have had atleast level 10 cooking skill and level 5 handiness skill if I had to guess, and Logic should be well ahead by now due to work as well LOL. Will see what happens once she completes the scenario :)
  • Options
    hVQqtNO.png

Oh wow, finally reached the end of week 7. Thought it would never happen, what a hectic week for Caitlin. She is now just below the half way mark of completing this scenario with a whopping 196 010 simoleons. She is still experiencing the midlife crisis, because due to my strict rules I am unable to achieve some of the midlife crisis goals. But it is all good only a mere 22 and a half hours to go ;) With all the beach combing for trash Mua Pelam is thriving and looking spectacular. Caitlin got abducted again, she of course enjoyed it very much. Work has been super stressful this week with her being angry, tense and sad all the time due to the midlife crisis, hopefully next week will be a better week for Caitlin <3

B0vbwSn.png

ECvfCCG.png

dU5ubqi.png
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,889 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    hVQqtNO.png

She's literally talking to a DOLPHIN about VOLCANOES and she feels like she's missing out on the world?? :/

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Gosh, now I want to do this scenario and have a disgruntled, skill-less scientist!
  • Options

She's literally talking to a DOLPHIN about VOLCANOES and she feels like she's missing out on the world?? :/
    I know right ;) These midlife crisisis are really bad :D

Isharell wrote: »
    Gosh, now I want to do this scenario and have a disgruntled, skill-less scientist!

Go for it Lol :) You can post your process here if you want too ;)
  • Options
    PuddinroyPuddinroy Posts: 4,451 Member
    @mcrudd: Awesome pictures. Heheh, aliens.
    :) Smile!

• Options
    Puddinroy wrote: »
    @mcrudd: Awesome pictures. Heheh, aliens.

hehehe thanks :)
  • Options
    tJLnfqS.png

Guys Caitlin finally no longer have that midlife crisis. She has ended week 8 now with 267 568 simoleons. She completed her shell collection from all the beachcombing and even got two promotions at work now. She did have a short resolution phase and then completely got over her midlife crisis. Work is better now and she even enjoyed the collection day she had. Caitlin is also now a three star celebrity :) She is much more relaxed now and enjoys life a bit more too ;) She got a sweet tan after applying sunblock this time, definitely learned her lesson from last time she got burned so bad in the sun on her birthday.

G23Eufi.png

qu8llu4.png

GwvJiM9.png

uHqaT3Z.png

U0Atm0S.png

OaD2lRO.png

GYCVxq8.png

TTKwEsc.png

9AyRipN.png
  • Options
    bw0GbQf.png

It is the end of week 9. Caitlin has 346 867 simoleons, she is super duper close to 400 000 now. Her birthday is in 6 days, which means it will be at the end of week 10. I am sure we will achieve our goal before then. This week went ok. Caitlin got a new quirk... emotional bomb. I thought it would be a horrible one to have, but two of her friends died, she had a major meltdown with each for a few minutes but then it was over and done with, no more mourning for the whole two days, so this one might be a positive one ;) Caitlin got a promotion at work again, she is doing so well there. She also had a bit of a fear to be abducted again, not sure what that is about because she enjoyed all three that I am aware of. I let her relax and spent time with friends on Saturdays now, she even found out one of her friends is a merman :o All in all, everything went well :)

7Idocga.png

QJpzFr9.png

L5jGw99.png

eePpTTJ.png

49aLHzZ.png

0ryZqFt.png
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Life is going well for Caitlin. :)
  • Options
    Life is going well for Caitlin. :)

It sure is, she will be an elder is 6 days <3 I am sure she will have the 400 000 by Tuesday or even Wednesday from working and cloning serums :D But I will keep on playing until her birthday to end it off properly. Loading my game now :)
  • Options
    Hi Guys it is the end of week 10. Caitlin is an elder and she achieved her 400 000 simoleons goal just a few days before her birthday <3
    SuOo6Eu.png

The first day at work this week, she had to go to Sixam for the day, she made a whole lot of new alien friends, but did not have much time to clone serums for money, she did however get another raise ;)

7Yn9N5j.png

sENZwA7.png

zDQ3Gq6.png

Wednesday night Caitlin got abducted by her alien friends, she did however enjoy this very much :)

rcDJc6c.png

2YV1FbU.png

On Thursday she completed the scenario, but the game was being really hard on me and gave me lots of bad clonings LOL
    z4D70wK.png

O2gi8Ft.png

Friday Caitlin had an excitening day at work, she had to clone herself :o

7Z2gT31.png

It was perfect timing because her birthday is the next day and she will become an elder

VuztAPv.png

Now although she is going to age, a younger version of her will be around to help out :)

ICyD3wM.png

AjZL2Nn.png

Thanks all for joining me and Caitlin and now her clone Pricilla in our adventures, this is the end of this scenario <3

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    Congratulations! I followed silently, but got inspired to start this scenario myself.

When I saw the new post with elderly Caitlin I was a bit sad from assuming she hadn't made it in time before elderhood. Then I started reading... "is an elder now"... still sad... and then eventually reached "just a few days before her birthday". Phew, good job from both of you!
  • Options
    kerryemmiebethkerryemmiebeth Posts: 400 Member
    Congratulations on completing the scenario. I REALLY enjoyed following Caitlin's adventure. I hope you will do another scenatio sometiime that we can follow along with, maybe with Priscilla. I think Caitlin has earned the right to put her feet up for a bit now!

• Options
    Congratulations! I followed silently, but got inspired to start this scenario myself.

When I saw the new post with elderly Caitlin I was a bit sad from assuming she hadn't made it in time before elderhood. Then I started reading... "is an elder now"... still sad... and then eventually reached "just a few days before her birthday". Phew, good job from both of you!

aww thanks for following <3 Yeah I was starting to panic she was not going to make it before being an elder, but thankfully she did it with two days to spare LOL
    Congratulations on completing the scenario. I REALLY enjoyed following Caitlin's adventure. I hope you will do another scenatio sometiime that we can follow along with, maybe with Priscilla. I think Caitlin has earned the right to put her feet up for a bit now!

Yeah she is going to quit her job and enjoy the island life :D She can travel now and gain skills, so she is going to have lots of fun. Pricilla will look after her nicely in her elder years. I might have a look at some of the other scenario's. A bit busy the last few days so sorry for my late replies, thanks for following Caitlin's adventures <3

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    That was wonderful, @mcrudd! Caitlin got it all done and can go off into the sunset. With herself, sort of. ;)

I had begun playing another sim in the science career a few weeks ago and wasn't enjoying it much. But you have inspired me to give it another go with a new sim using this scenario. I have to confess I am having trouble finding things for my sim to do since I can't just set her to endlessly grinding away at skills. This scenario is strangely liberating and is forcing me to play in a different way.

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • Options
    xxnearlyperfectxxxnearlyperfectx Posts: 683 Member
    Wow. This sounds amazing! I might try to play this scenario
    4Wv5dIG.jpg
  • Options
    Isharell wrote: »
    That was wonderful, @mcrudd! Caitlin got it all done and can go off into the sunset. With herself, sort of. ;)

I had begun playing another sim in the science career a few weeks ago and wasn't enjoying it much. But you have inspired me to give it another go with a new sim using this scenario. I have to confess I am having trouble finding things for my sim to do since I can't just set her to endlessly grinding away at skills. This scenario is strangely liberating and is forcing me to play in a different way.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Hahaha love that, off into the sunset with herself :D I must say it is a bit challenging playing the scientist career at the moment, you have to pick and choose the work tasks you are able to do, the plants bug is really messing things up a bit, but what I do is buy plant seeds on the computer and open the seeds, sometimes I can use the fruits from that for analyzing and making serums ;)
    Wow. This sounds amazing! I might try to play this scenario

You will have so much fun, its pretty challenging not having skills :)
  • Options
    pacer1965pacer1965 Posts: 79 Member
    Thank you I enjoyed reading this. Not sure I could play with no skills though
  • Options
    pacer1965 wrote: »
    Thank you I enjoyed reading this. Not sure I could play with no skills though

Thanks for reading, you should give it a try, can always stop if you don't like it. I quite enjoyed the challenge of not being able to skill up.