Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hope this is ok to ask here

itsTheSimsGuyitsTheSimsGuy Posts: 77 Member
edited April 2023 in General Mods Discussion
If not just delete. I don’t use mods so I don’t know the “go to” places to ask, but basically I’m looking for a small non complicated mod that stops sims from automatically learning the first skill point the second they do something. I’d like it so they have to max out the entire bar the first time for the 1st skill point to count.

Most of my sims have 1 skill point in things I really don’t want them to be having. Like elders with the gaming skill even tho they’re supposed to DISLIKE gaming lol

It drives me mad
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Having Skill Level 1 is just a way of telling that the Sim has been introduced to a specific skill:

Grandad did a puzzle with Nana, and even though he dislikes jigsaws and never played a single game in his life before (I’m worried about you grandad), he did it for her because he loves the good woman and now he has experience in “gaming”. That’s gaming Skill level 1 for grandad, Go grandad! At least no one can take that away from him. ( but of course you can take it away from him with mods, I’ll get to that in a moment).

Just because I used to work as a bartender and have what?… level 3 “mixology” skill, doesn’t mean I’m into bartending or mixology…or even enjoy it. Am I glad to have experience as a barman? Sure. Let me pour you a drink.

We all have experience in things that we don’t like that much. I’m actually more surprised when healthy, adult sims have level 0 in basic skills such as cooking. Most useless person ever.

I do however understand the feeling of being driven absolutely bonkers by some stupid small thing.
    Not sure about “small” mods, but perhaps these will help:

I don’t use it personally, although I believe with UI cheat extensions you can reset skill levels.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-13-26240068

I do use MC Command Centre by DeaderPool. This one allows you to reset individual skills.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/

I don’t have a huge amount of mods installed so maybe someone else has other suggestions?

It could also be a case of “just” hopping into the tuning files yourself and manually alter the speed at which a sim gains skill points.

• Options
    Having Skill Level 1 is just a way of telling that the Sim has been introduced to a specific skill:

Grandad did a puzzle with Nana, and even though he dislikes jigsaws and never played a single game in his life before (I’m worried about you grandad), he did it for her because he loves the good woman and now he has experience in “gaming”. That’s gaming Skill level 1 for grandad, Go grandad! At least no one can take that away from him. ( but of course you can take it away from him with mods, I’ll get to that in a moment).

Just because I used to work as a bartender and have what?… level 3 “mixology” skill, doesn’t mean I’m into bartending or mixology…or even enjoy it. Am I glad to have experience as a barman? Sure. Let me pour you a drink.

We all have experience in things that we don’t like that much. I’m actually more surprised when healthy, adult sims have level 0 in basic skills such as cooking. Most useless person ever.

I do however understand the feeling of being driven absolutely bonkers by some stupid small thing.
    Not sure about “small” mods, but perhaps these will help:

I don’t use it personally, although I believe with UI cheat extensions you can reset skill levels.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/ui-cheats-v1-13-26240068

I do use MC Command Centre by DeaderPool. This one allows you to reset individual skills.

https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/

I don’t have a huge amount of mods installed so maybe someone else has other suggestions?

It could also be a case of “just” hopping into the tuning files yourself and manually alter the speed at which a sim gains skill points.

Thanks, I’ll give those a go!
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I'm not 100% sure but I think you can change the skill difficulty in MCCC. I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for though. You don't want them to skill at the first try, and I think MCCC's settings makes it harder to obtain the skills.

Maybe check out @83bienchen's mods. They have a ton of tweaks and fixes for gameplay.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    Sounds like you got some good tips here :) You can also check out the Modding & Custom Content section of the forum.
  • Options
    Sounds like you got some good tips here :) You can also check out the Modding & Custom Content section of the forum.

Ah plum, maybe I should’ve posted this over there.

But yes, I have a few options. I’m trying to avoid MCCC, I’m not looking to have to mess around with settings etc I just want something simple. Thanks everyone!