Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Greenhouse Haven and Basement Treasures Kits Available Now!

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    They look cool. I like the basement kit, though I wish they added actual attics and garages.
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Rags to Riches meets basement treasure kits. Oh gee which do I buy first. I have been purging my CC content because these kits have been so good. I will probably buy the greenhouse kit first. Thanks for this post showing the new content.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I was quite surprised at that greenhouse air vent, it actually goes through the wall rather than just sitting on one side of the wall, and you can see outside through the vents.

The only trouble with all these kits is the lack of being able to filter them to find things easier.

I really wish we could create collections.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Fun fact: with these two kits, to own all the kits it would cost 105 euros
    that is, unless you got the desert one for free when it was free then its 100 euros
    its now officially expensive enough for Simmingals wallet to say Yikes! and not aspire to buy them all
    I suppose its prioritizing time

Wow, they sure do add up over time. But think of how many hours of fun that provides.

Last time I ordered pizza, I could of had 3 kits with that :D

That’s the way I feel about them too….. lol… just stay home and cook one meal instead of going out and that makes money for at least 3 kits if not more, lol.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    I was very disappointed with greenhouse stuff - like no roof top or actual premade greenhouse

There are already glass roofs in the base game, which is probably why they didn’t include more. I’m excited for the screened walls myself.

oh really? i must try it out - yes love the screen walls - can make sunroom now or greenhouse or workshop -

I was actually wrong anyway - there IS a new glass roof that matches the rest!
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I was very disappointed with greenhouse stuff - like no roof top or actual premade greenhouse

There are already glass roofs in the base game, which is probably why they didn’t include more. I’m excited for the screened walls myself.

oh really? i must try it out - yes love the screen walls - can make sunroom now or greenhouse or workshop -

new roof trim to match too :)
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I saw the garden kit in action and decided to buy it. Can't wait to play with it in however many days/weeks/months it takes to fix the face glitch.

For real though, this stuff is perfect for my farms.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    SimDork23SimDork23 Posts: 524 Member
    edited April 2023
    When the kits were announced, I said that I had no interest in gardening & I thought that I would like the basement kit better; however, I ended buying the gardening kit after seeing the screened porches, LOL. :D I wish that I could use it in my main save, but I want to wait for the face glitch fix, as well. I may get the basement kit someday if I decide to do another legacy challenge, though.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    edited April 2023

Could you post a picture? I watched a few overviews on you tube and no one mentions them. I won't get the kit until a week or two but I'd like to know.

Can someone tell me if the storage chest in greenhouse haven is functional and does it have a separate inventory?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited April 2023
    @Atreya33
    https://youtu.be/6AgFIEwcPJY
    @ 11:08 roof trim (base game - new patch)
    @ 11:38 gass roof (greenhouse haven kit)

The storage chest is functional. You can see it in the video. I assume it works like the other storage chest in the game.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Not a huge fan of kits here, but Greenhouse Haven looks interesting. I've tried building greenhouses before, but without fitting windows and doors, they always ended up looking weird. That one really nice-looking greenhouse window from Romantic Garden Stuff is unfortunately useless because it doesn't come with a matching door, but now... I'm getting ideas about a family of plant sims living in a greenhouse.

Fun fact about the Basement Treasures kit: In my country, it's called Attic Treasures. Who translates these titles? I realise that attics are often used to store old stuff, just like basements, but layout-wise, it's the exact opposite.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited April 2023
    I actually really love the green swatch option in greenhouse kit it reminds me of ts2 houses i used to build for my plantsims
    I think the 2 reasons I'm little disappointed is that there isn't cable end windows so we could have all glass greenhouse and also that the base game glass roofs did not get matching swatches
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @Atreya33
    https://youtu.be/6AgFIEwcPJY
    @ 11:08 roof trim (base game - new patch)
    @ 11:38 gass roof (greenhouse haven kit)

The storage chest is functional. You can see it in the video. I assume it works like the other storage chest in the game.

Thanks for the link. I watched two other youtubers and both of them didn't notice the roof. I am so happy that everything from windows, doors, walls and ceilings matches.

As for the storage chests, we have two kinds. The base game ones with shared inventory and a few DLC ones (university, batuu and eco lifestyle) with separate inventory and the option to put the storage box into a sims inventory. The inventory option did not appear in lilsimsies video so I guess that means this one functions like the base game storage boxes. Too bad because I use the ones with separate inventories all the time.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    These kits look so good! I was originally only going to get the basement kit but I will be buying both once I update. I love the greenhouse roof and the idea of screened porches.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    I like the two new kits and I wanna get them, especially the basement one, but I haven't updated my game yet and don't wanna do so until they release another patch fixing the CAS issues from the last patch.
  • Options
    Bren91Bren91 Posts: 299 Member
    I wish the kits added a little gameplay like bust the dust did.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Bren91 wrote: »
    I wish the kits added a little gameplay like bust the dust did.

Yeah same, I wish the basement one had included a pool table or a functional landline, it would've been the perfect opportunity.

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited April 2023
    I feel they really missed the boat with Basement Treasures.
    There really are treasures because they are expensive for second hand items.

The price of the objects should have been half of what they cost.
    The unstable Shelves cost $225. The best Seat $450, Square Tube TV $350, RetroPlex TV console (not a TV) $150.
    Each item behind them can be bought for less.
    04-21-23_3-40-36_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I thought it would be cool to create a second-had store, but because of the way stores work in this game, even at clearance, it's more expensive than buy mode. They should have made a pack of objects that look like actual antiques at these prices. Even the Drywall wallpaper is expensive at $6 when there are better looking textures at $2 and $4, not to mention the $6 dollars ones.
    04-21-23_4-14-39_PM.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I was hoping for items that would be great for a sim starting out in an apartment or starter house, but they can buy better looking objects at a cheaper price, or a little higher. So I might as well buy those instead. EA seems to get so caught up in concept that they don't think it completely through.
    Post edited by CK213 on
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Not a huge fan of kits here, but Greenhouse Haven looks interesting. I've tried building greenhouses before, but without fitting windows and doors, they always ended up looking weird. That one really nice-looking greenhouse window from Romantic Garden Stuff is unfortunately useless because it doesn't come with a matching door, but now... I'm getting ideas about a family of plant sims living in a greenhouse.

Fun fact about the Basement Treasures kit: In my country, it's called Attic Treasures. Who translates these titles? I realise that attics are often used to store old stuff, just like basements, but layout-wise, it's the exact opposite.

Also playing in Germany 😄? I had to laugh about the attic treasures too. Obviously they didn‘t want to sell us Keller-Schätze.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Really want to play them! Had to put in a help ticket because the EA App won't acknowledge download them despite buying :disappointed:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @CK213 oh no, I didn't notice the prices when I was looking through stuff.

I don't know why they do that. They should make tatty furniture as cheap as chips - it was the same with the items in the werewolf pack. Where is the sense in making it so pricey? My rich sims aren't going to be buying that stuff for their mansions, I want it for my poor sims just starting out.
  • Options
    RandomTokenCodeRandomTokenCode Posts: 184 Member
    edited April 2023
    CK213 wrote: »
    I thought it would be cool to create a second-had store, but because of the way stores work in this game, even at clearance, it's more expensive than buy mode. They should have made a pack of objects that look like actual antiques at these prices. Even the Drywall wallpaper is expensive at $6 when there are better looking textures at $2 and $4, not to mention the $6 dollars ones.

I was hoping for items that would be great for a sim starting out in an apartment or starter house, but they can buy better looking objects at a cheaper price, or a little higher. So I might as well buy those instead. EA seems to get so caught up in concept that they don't think it completely through.

I know a mod that can expand the Flea Market goods list, and I wish it will add the basement kit objects :p
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    @CK213 oh no, I didn't notice the prices when I was looking through stuff.

I don't know why they do that. They should make tatty furniture as cheap as chips - it was the same with the items in the werewolf pack. Where is the sense in making it so pricey? My rich sims aren't going to be buying that stuff for their mansions, I want it for my poor sims just starting out.

Flabbergasted so I am.

I have this kit installed. The first time I opened the game, all the new items showed up at the top of the BB catalogue with that little ⭐️ icon, as per usual. All was happy and well.
    When I opened the game for the second time and I decided to go looking for some extra junk, I genuinely believed the treasure kit had mysteriously de-installed itself. Surely all the cheap garbage sits at the top of the catalogue?! Nope. I didn’t use that half baked kit filter feature this time, instead I scrolled all the way down to the bottom of the list and voila… there’s that sneaky auld tattered chair available at an extortionate cost! What does it think it is? Heir to the throne?!

Anyway, I bought the chair at full price, placed it in my shack and now I’m wondering, is that thing even comfortable? Is it even comfortable for goodness sake? My sim hasn’t tested it out yet, but it better be comfortable with a ludicrous price tag like that put on it!
    If I notice even the slightest achy breaky back complaints coming from my sim’s mouth or moodlets, I’ll make sure the entire Sims 4 fire brigade must be deployed to exercise aftermath- damage control. Expect to work very long extinguishment shifts and no dancing allowed.

Other than that, great kit. 👍🏼