Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: April 2023 Patches

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited April 2023

Not a Mod Problem
    Yes, you may have a pile of CC and sliders, but distorted faces and crossed eyes are a new game bug being reported as occurring without any. If you're able to reproduce the problem in existing and new saves with an empty Mods folder and after deleting localthumbcache, please click through to AHQ and at least "me too" that thread!

Cleared by Creator
    • Deaderpool - MC Command Centre
    • Kuttoe - all non-updated mods (see earlier)
    • PandaSama - all mods except previously-broken toddler crib and highchair lock
    • Triplis - all, but adds info about a known frustration with Lock Skills caused by a BG bug)

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    @luthienrising thank you for this list and your patreon posts. Thankfully, @Cyclelegs mods are Cleared for this patch (v1.97.42.1030).
  • Options
    simswithchellesimswithchelle Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi everyone,
    New Simmer here! Upon opening my game it immediately threw LEs and my Sim would idle and I was not able to click on them.
    I was utilizing twistedmexi’s discord to show what mods need updating or don’t work with the new patch. One that kept popping up was the Teleport Any Sim by Scumbumbo.. I deleted that mod and my game is working fine now.

Hopefully there’s a update soon!
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Hi @luthienrising , just to update you on my mods and cc <3 Thanks once again for everything you do for us simmers :)

All of My mods and cc is working after the spring kits update ;)

Baby clothes and baby bottle
    PabD3fn.png
    ISTCljD.png

Invisible infant tummy time mat default (new one since last posted ;) )
    M2KcyLJ.png

Straw and Skull terrain
    NothT3w.png
    DjJrFbI.png

Invisible animal shed
    6oGoQUH.png

Buydebug digsite, froglog, selvadorian digsite and selvadorian treasure chest
    MGhQYs2.png

Long and short french tip nails
    ZgoeetZ.png
    qil54Gy.png
  • Options
    Thanks @Cyclelegs and @mcrudd ! Will get you in this morning's list.

Hi @simswithchelle. Make sure your copy of Teleport Any Sim is the one from https://scumbumbomods.com/ - any other source might not be current, and the MTS version definitely isn't. I can't take an LE report as a "broken" unless a mod is tested as alone as possible - nothing else in the folder - to its working state (just that mod and a mod it relies on to make it work). See p. 1 for how to test. To help make sure the issue is that mod, please also feel free to pop by not only the support servers listed on p. 1 but also the one we run for the late Scumbumbo's support team (we're a group of modders and modder-support people who are keeping Scumbumbo's mods working and supported): https://discord.gg/5cbWWvh8. Someone there will know how much of an issue this is.

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    All of my mods are working fine with the latest patch 1.97.42:

Longer Starlight Accolades Events
    Better ECO Water
    Better ECO Power
    Gardening for All Seasons
    No Robot Upgrade Parts on Chemistry Lab
    Acting Career Gig Booster
    Transform some Grass Everywhere
    Scientist Career - Graveyard Shift and Gardening Fix
    Mt. Komorebi Power Fix
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Mods/CC Confirmed Broken
    • "Force To" Restored (lazarusinashes)

Obsolete Mods
    • nobabyeyeglow (Bienchen)

Mod Updates

Cleared by Creator
    all mods from:
    • frankk, gettps, halapeco, LittleRedSonja, Makarra, SimRealist, thunder1143
    and
    • Andirz - all non-updated mods/CC except Better Pie Menu social add-on (quick list for reference here)
    • KiaraSims - all mods that were cleared or updated for the previous patch; tracked here
    • lazarusinashes - Storytelling Socials, Easy Sentiment Cheats; No Flirty Wants for Friends and Acquaintances needs updating but "is probably not broken"
    • thepancake1 and MizoreYukii = all non-updated mods except Functional Spiral Staircases, Minimalist Main Menu, and Seesaw (still in testing)

• Options
    CarollDesignCarollDesign Posts: 5 New Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > Hi @CarollDesign Could you please let me know your testing methods for the SimRipper? (See the top post for testing methods.)
    >
    > @Aura47 Could you please, for the Luumia slider (not the one we absolutely will not discuss here owing to the creator), let me know your testing methods? (See the top post for testing methods.) For the eyes, are there any changes with normal eyes when no CC is installed and localthumbcache is deleted, or is the change only for CC eyes?

There is not much testing to be done in this case - upon opening the software gets a pop up it cannot read a DMap (Deformer Map) which is crucial for it to work in the first place. The creator (CMarNYC) was notified and they confirmed that software is indeed broken on ModTheSims forum.
  • Options
    cmarinetticmarinetti Posts: 147 Member
    TS4 SimRipper and TS4 MorphMaker have been updated to work with the patch.

I have no doubt EA will break them again when they fix the facial distortion bug.
    cmarNYC on MTS.
  • Options
    CarollDesignCarollDesign Posts: 5 New Member
    > @cmarinetti said:
    > TS4 SimRipper and TS4 MorphMaker have been updated to work with the patch.
    >
    > I have no doubt EA will break them again when they fix the facial distortion bug.

Yep, they just got updated
  • Options
    edited April 2023

Mod and Tool Updates

Cleared by Creator
    all mods from:
    • Littlebowbub
    and
    • Bosselady - all mods not previously reported broken ; careers work but need updating for new game features
    • Chingyu - all previously cleared/updated mods; for detailed status see this spreadsheet

• Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @luthienrising Thank you so much for all you do! Update day would be an utter disaster if you were not here.

@mcrudd Now that you can change a baby's outfit via the bassinet, does that mean we can add multiple onesies that you created?
  • Options
    QueenR0xboxQueenR0xbox Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I'm new here and appreciate all the work you're doing! I have uninstalled all my mods and added them in one by one because I thought it might've been a glitch with those but it isn't, I'm unable to click on any sims, mine or NCPs. I'm not quite sure if it's an everyone issue or just a few. I saw that someone else had the same issue too.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    @TeeSea My baby outfits still only replace the defaults ( monkey, butterfly and alien) so you can only have one package as last time, however you can change into the new ones at the bassinet any time and then back into mine.
  • Options
    TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    @mcrudd Thank you 🤗
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    Modder News
    Zafireria is retiring Home at 2 PM for teens and Mandatory School Uniform. Zafireria will also no longer be updating on MTS; look to Patreon and (a little later, because of approval times) CurseForge for updates.

Mods/CC Confirmed Broken
    • Baker, Home Chef, Night Nurse, and Paparazzi Careers (HexeSims) - non-English

Obsolete/Outdated Mods and CC
    • Home at 2 PM for teens (Zafireria) - mod retired
    • Mandatory School Uniform (Zafireria) - mod retired (see Fashion Authority by Lot51 for an alternative)
    • Slotted Objects: Bathtubs (Ilex) - no longer supported

Cleared by Creator
    all mods from:
    • Awwoo, Cyclelegs, Ilkavelle, mcrudd, YourFalseHope

Mod and Tool Updates

CC Updates
    A note from Ilex:
    Most of objects affected fall into three categories (with a little overlap):
    1. The update added new slots and my mod doesn't touch the slots. These objects do not need updates.
    2. The update added new slots and my mod also adds new slots. My mod will override the EA objects so their slots will be missing until I update the mod. Also included in this are objects where the ID of the slots has changed and my mod is not linking to the correct one yet.
    3. The update added new swatches. This is the most "broken" because my interactions will not appear on the new swatches. These are my first priority for updates, but it's not gamebreaking at least.
  • Options
    Haven't got through my complete run of things yet, but I'll do more at a break later. For now:

Cleared by Creator
    all mods from:
    • lotharihoe, Mikya
    and
    • Mythical Ascelin - all mods except Beautiful, Handsome, Kitchen Witch, Money Challenges Aspiration, which were previously broken

Mod and Tool Updates

• Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Do any of you happen to know if you go into just build/buy and not live mode if the bug will initiate with faces? Wanted to work on a build or two but wasn't sure. Thanks! :smile:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    helen912helen912 Posts: 166 Member
    Hey guies, hey luth :D,

All my careers work well with the latest patch 1.97.42 | 18th April 2023. No fix or upgrade needed. :)

And @luthienrising: Thank you to always be here for all of us struggling with patches and problems. ;)
  • Options
    ShinjiMShinjiM Posts: 84 Member
    why Andirz didn't put his updated mod on his patreon?
    how long I need to wait for his mod being approve on curseforge?

• Options
    MissyHissyMissyHissy Posts: 2,022 Member
    All mine are clear for the patch.
    Thanks again for all your efforts, Luth <3
    *All my mods can be found on The Daily Plumbob*MiAqoAE.png
  • Options
    I'm a bit behind on anyone who posts only on Tumblr, FYI, and doubt I'll get to that today. If you're really, really waiting on an all-clear from a creator, do check their socials!

Cleared by Creator
    all mods by
    • helen912, MissyHissy

Mod and Tool Updates

CC Updates
  • Options
    leberharleberhar Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you for the work maintaining this list - it saves me every day :). Quick question. When is says the "Baker" career by HexeSims is broken (non-English), I cannot find a specific non-English version on their Tumblr or Patreon, but I have the regular mod. Should I remove it to be safe?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    @leberhar If your game is in English, it's fine. If you play in another language, remove it.

Cleared by Creator
    • all mods by thepancake1

Mod and Tool Updates

Post edited by luthienrising on
  • Options
    leberharleberhar Posts: 3 New Member
    Thank you!