Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Lot: Tomb of Rah_by ehaught58

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    edited December 2009
    Allure wrote:
    Looks awesome as always, Ed. I am gonna have to download it and add it to my collection of tombs. Can't wait to experience the Wowness. Heading over to rec. :D

Thanks Allure! :mrgreen: I hope your experience is a good one... :wink:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Susiechan wrote:
    Hi,

I just downloaded it, can't wait to play it :). I have been downloading some of your creations. They are all great. Thanks for sharing them with us. I am really thankful and appreciate that. :D

Do you have any plan to create a new world ? I believe it will turn out to be a wonderful one with all your lots inside..hmmmm...If you haven't had any plan yet, could you please consider it ? Please...please... :P

Best regards,
    Susie

Thank you Susiechan! :mrgreen: I am in the process of making a new world right now! :wink: I will be using some of my previously uploaded lots, as well as a few new ones in the neighborhood. Probably will take a while to make, though...

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    SuperPogimonSuperPogimon Posts: 2,429 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hello Ed. I saw the Tomb of Rah at the exchange and gave it a rec. I have downloaded it too and my sims took a tour around the lot. Very creative use with the huge stone for the exterior :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    jennywill wrote:
    Most excellent tomb! Looks awesome. You said it works perfectly, so I am wondering if you were able to get treasure point spawners to work and if so can you please share the solution? I have the treasure component set for both one time and regular info, as well as some with one or the other and yet no treasure :x

Treasure works in chests, holes, and sarcophaguses. Gems/metal spawner also works, but nothing from a treasure spawner. Without it you cant even use it as a trigger upon removal for something else.

I have even tried waiting many sim days to see if it would spawn treasure, and nothing. Any help or insight is appreciated as I know there are others out there with the same issue but not a whole lot of help with it on the boards.

Thanks!

Thanks Jennywill! :mrgreen: I have been having problems off and on with that myself. Sometimes they work, and sometimes not. When I placed them in this tomb, I made sure that the arrow pointed where the Sim stood. I ctrl+shift+click on it and set the reg./one time, choose the treasure, and that's it. I saw a choice where you could set the time of spawning; mine is set to 10 miniutes. You might want to check that and see what it says. Hope you get it to work.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    Jasonmazda2Jasonmazda2 Posts: 3,532 Member
    edited December 2009
    Hey ehaught, how are you. I hope you had a merry christmas and will have a happy new year. I already commented on this but I think it's amazing, i've already given you a rec :)
    hgjghj.jpg
  • Options
    jennywilljennywill Posts: 20 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Thanks Ed. I dont see where I can set the time to spawn with the treasure spawner. Pointed them toward the Sim also and that didnt work :(

Can you post a screenshot of the pie menu where you set the time with a treasure spawner?

Thanks!
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SusiechanSusiechan Posts: 3,034 Member
    edited December 2009
    ehaught58 wrote:

Thank you Susiechan! :mrgreen: I am in the process of making a new world right now! :wink: I will be using some of my previously uploaded lots, as well as a few new ones in the neighborhood. Probably will take a while to make, though...

Ed

Oh my..that's great :mrgreen: Thousands of thanks to you :lol:
    It's okay, take your time. I will be patient waiting in the corner until it finish 8)

Thanks again

Best regards,
    Susie
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hello Ed. I saw the Tomb of Rah at the exchange and gave it a rec. I have downloaded it too and my sims took a tour around the lot. Very creative use with the huge stone for the exterior :D

Thanks Pogi! :mrgreen: I am interested in knowing if you played the tomb or just went into edit mode to see it all at once. The main tomb does not reveal itself in its entirety until you enter it at the end... if you play it out correctly, this is where you get the wow effect.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Hey ehaught, how are you. I hope you had a merry christmas and will have a happy new year. I already commented on this but I think it's amazing, i've already given you a rec :)

Thanks Jason! :mrgreen: I am glad you like it. Did you play it all the way through? I am interested in your opinion and suggestions as to things I could improve on for future references. Was it too hard, too easy? Thanks for your comments and I hope your holidays are going well for you, too.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    jennywill wrote:
    Thanks Ed. I dont see where I can set the time to spawn with the treasure spawner. Pointed them toward the Sim also and that didnt work :(

Can you post a screenshot of the pie menu where you set the time with a treasure spawner?

Thanks!

Hi Jennywill,

I am sorry you are having so many problems getting the treasure spawner to work. I have been busy building a new world and have not spent much time in the game since I built the tomb. I went back to the lot to see if I could find where it sets the time, but I couldn't find it. I don't remember where I saw that, but it wasn't in the setup. I decided to show a couple of pictures showing how I set it up, though you probably are already doing it this way... but just in case, here they are. Just follow the numbered steps in order and it should work. Make sure you have testingcheatsenabled true on, and then buydebug before you place it.
    Tomb1.jpg
    Tomb2.jpg
    The only other thing that I could think of that might make a difference is that I made the tomb in Egypt, not River View or Sunset Valley. I am not sure if they will work in the regular neighborhoods. So, if you are trying to use it in RV or SV, that may be your problem. Otherwise, I don't know what else to tell you other than emailing EA with your computer specs and your problem and see if they can help. Good luck.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Susiechan wrote:
    ehaught58 wrote:

Ed

Oh my..that's great :mrgreen: Thousands of thanks to you :lol:
    It's okay, take your time. I will be patient waiting in the corner until it finish 8)

Thanks again

Best regards,
    Susie

Thanks Susie, I am glad you are excited about my new world. Keep checking my page and I'll get it up as soon as I finish. :wink:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    jennywilljennywill Posts: 20 New Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi Ed - I have started playing your tomb and it is really beautiful! I am stumped so far trying to figure out how to get to the lower levels. Initially, I thought it was too easy until I got stumped. I loaded your tomb in Sunset Valley, and I am not seeing treasure spawn in there. Heading back to Egypt to install your tomb there to see if treasure spawns, as well as to see if I can get treasure to spawn in my tomb (I am doing the steps as you have screenshot, and I am building my tomb in Sunset Valley also, so maybe that is it). I will let you know what I find!

Thanks!

Jenny
  • Options
    ChuckMeIntoHellChuckMeIntoHell Posts: 20
    edited January 2010
    Hey ehaught58,

I'm actually having the same problem as jennywill, I can't get my treasure spawners to work. I downloaded your tomb (great tomb by the way) thinking that I could see what makes your spawners work, but when I tested the tomb the spawners weren't working! (that's both in Sunset Valley and Egypt) This problem is only with player created tombs seeing as the normal EA/Maxis created tombs are spawning fine. I have a sinking suspicion that this is a glitch having something to do with the last patch. No proof to that as of yet though. Anyway, if your spawners are working fine on your comp. maybe we could see if jennywill and I are doing something different than you are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chuck
  • Options
    jteditjtedit Posts: 70 Member
    edited January 2010
    Thanks ehaught58, great tomb.

Im currently making a egypt style world and am pretty useless at making tombs. Is it alright if I put it in my world and upload it? I will give you credit in the world description. Thanks.

Jtedit
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    jennywill wrote:
    Hi Ed - I have started playing your tomb and it is really beautiful! I am stumped so far trying to figure out how to get to the lower levels. Initially, I thought it was too easy until I got stumped. I loaded your tomb in Sunset Valley, and I am not seeing treasure spawn in there. Heading back to Egypt to install your tomb there to see if treasure spawns, as well as to see if I can get treasure to spawn in my tomb (I am doing the steps as you have screenshot, and I am building my tomb in Sunset Valley also, so maybe that is it). I will let you know what I find!

Thanks!

Jenny

Jenny,

After reading other posts about this problem, it looks like certain items only work in the 3 WA destinations... at this point, anyway. I don't think we can use certain items in the regular 'hoods; spawners being one of them. Not sure about this, so if anyone can confirm this please let us know.

Ditto, Chuck. If you learn anything new, let us know.

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    jtedit wrote:
    Thanks ehaught58, great tomb.

Im currently making a egypt style world and am pretty useless at making tombs. Is it alright if I put it in my world and upload it? I will give you credit in the world description. Thanks.

Jtedit

Thanks Jtedit! :mrgreen: By all means, be my guest. I really would appreciate being given credit. :wink:

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi Ed

Another Masterpiece. Downloaded and Recommended.

I have a request: At the following Link we have a Lot for a Church and Library. I would really appreciate it if you can see your way to build this for our New City.
    It is at the following Lot and Address: Lot No 87: 1 Church Road 40X30 CHURCH and LIBRARY
    Here's the Link to the Thread where you will find our City.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/154704.page

I would really appreciate it.

Magician1
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    :mrgreen:
    magician1 wrote:
    Hi Ed

Another Masterpiece. Downloaded and Recommended.

I have a request: At the following Link we have a Lot for a Church and Library. I would really appreciate it if you can see your way to build this for our New City.
    It is at the following Lot and Address: Lot No 87: 1 Church Road 40X30 CHURCH and LIBRARY
    Here's the Link to the Thread where you will find our City.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/154704.page

I would really appreciate it.

Magician1

Hello Magician1, thank you very much. :mrgreen:

I am honored that you have invited me to participate in your new creation. I would like to help you out, and I noticed on your thread that this is running until the end of June. At this time, I am pretty busy with my own new world and I need to finish this project first. In other words, I will be glad to build you a Church/Library for the lot you have designated for me as soon as I finish my project. If this is alright with you, then count me in. I looked for pictures of the neighborhood, but could not find any. Would you happen to have any pictures that I could view so I could get an idea as to what my surroundings will look like? It would make a big difference as to how and what I will build on the lot. I assume you want me to build two buildings on the one lot, am I correct?

Let me know,

Ed
    fkgck4xkargo.png
  • Options
    magician1magician1 Posts: 3,098 Member
    edited January 2010
    Hi Ed

Thank you

No P as far as the time is concerned. I know you are a busy man. It will be waiting for you.

I'll take some pictures in a week or 2 when there are some more Builds around your Lot. (If that's ok with you)

You can make one building or 2, I leave that up to you. If you can just look at the Style for the build it would be fine.

Thank You again.