Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can my elder Sim still die even if auto aging is disabled?

Can my elder Sim still die even if the auto aging is disabled?

Comments

• Options
    uquiuquiuquiuqui Posts: 23 Member
    If you have auto aging for played households set to no, then they shouldn't die of old age. Your Sims should just remain in the life stage they are in. They could still die in all the other ways that Sims can die though.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Yes, they can, but not from aging since you have aging turned off. But if they get over-exerted, then yes, you will get a warning in their moodlets.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,890 Member
    They can die of other causes, either while you're playing them, or as a background NPC on the lot while you're playing another household, or from Neighborhood Stories if you have accidental deaths turned on there.
  • Options
    bootsguybootsguy Posts: 890 Member
    Thanks I want them to do some other aspiration goals while they are old.. can they do winter activities in Mt. Komorebi or other goals in other worlds such as Batuu?
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    bootsguy wrote: »
    Thanks I want them to do some other aspiration goals while they are old.. can they do winter activities in Mt. Komorebi or other goals in other worlds such as Batuu?

Try winter activities out yourself. The last time I tried, it didn't cause overexertion for some reason. And if it does, a strong uncomfortable moodlet will block further activities, so no need to worry about that.

Don't know anything about Batuu and elders though...
  • Options
    fazemanpressfazemanpress Posts: 206 Member
    was also curious - if my elder sim moved out and lives nextdoor - can they die or pass away? i think i have stories turned off and aging is off too
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Only from every other deaths except old age. However, if you secretly give them the immortality ability they can't die of anything, not even the metorite. :p
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    was also curious - if my elder sim moved out and lives nextdoor - can they die or pass away? i think i have stories turned off and aging is off too

Depending how you set the aging. You can set it separately for each played type (played and unplayed).

Unless you have made them unplayed through Manage Households view, the settings set for played household will apply for them. So it will be off. Stories are only off for played households by default (as these can be individually set for each household when it is on).