Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing offline is restricted?

After switching to EA app last few weeks I made sure to launch online all my sims games so I can play them offline later

But today I couldn’t launch any sim game it says i need to be online? In origin it was unlimited how many times you play offline now in EA app it’s not ?

My WiFi in laptop doesn’t work I have to be plug into Ethernet cable everytime and it’s tiring..

How to play without having to be online every while ?

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    When my wifi internet is out and I’m about to play, I will wirelessly connect to my mobile hotspot and launch the game. Once the game is launched, I disconnect from the mobile hotspot.
  • Options
    lunaodditylunaoddity Posts: 632 Member
    I have been using the Task Manager workaround. If the EA app shows the "no connection" screen open up Task Manager. End Task the EA Background Service. Log into the app again and click on the top left corner to find the "offline" option. Your installed games should show up after that.

I have been doing this automatically by now. The last step is a bit fuzzy. So I'll double check tomorrow.
  • Options
    graventhegraventhe Posts: 1,330 Member
    lunaoddity wrote: »
    I have been using the Task Manager workaround. If the EA app shows the "no connection" screen open up Task Manager. End Task the EA Background Service. Log into the app again and click on the top left corner to find the "offline" option. Your installed games should show up after that.

I have been doing this automatically by now. The last step is a bit fuzzy. So I'll double check tomorrow.

Can you do this without being connected or without having internet? Or you do this with being connected first ?
  • Options
    graventhe wrote: »

Can you do this without being connected or without having internet? Or you do this with being connected first ?

I do this without being connected. My laptop is always on airplane mode unless I want to go online.
  • Options

Just took a quick look. This should work.