Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dream Home Decorator Camera Mode

In the Interior Designer career, when sims are taking the before and after pictures you can freely move the camera around like a first person mode, but this function doesn't seem to work with normal camera modes outside of the career. Can someone explain to me if perhaps I'm doing something wrong? Or are there any mods that enable the free roam camera?

Comments

• Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    That camera is most like the Tab camera mode.
    I get that just by hitting Tab (I'm on a Macbook)
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    That camera is most like the Tab camera mode.
    I get that just by hitting Tab (I'm on a Macbook)

I'd prefer to take pictures using the in game camera modes because I can then display the photographs around my sims' home. So the tab free mode doesn't help me unfortunately.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,932 Member
    Oh you mean using a camera object or the phone camera ingame? Yes taking pictures with those is always so much harder than screenshots.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,944 Member
    That is indeed annoying. The special Interior Designer camera helps you to take pictures better, but it isn't accessible outside the career.

Unfortunately, I don't know any mods that allows you to move around freely when taking a picture. I do know though that the tripod allows you to rotate around the subject when taking a picture.
  • Options
    filipomelfilipomel Posts: 1,693 Member
    Why is the camera mode in this game so inconsistent? I hope they update the camera and streamline these modes, it's odd these basic features are so isolated from one another.