Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SIMS 4, Discover University: My advice, don't drop anything Out of Zone

"Hey, Kids!"

So, my SIM dropped a treasure map at the beach just in front of the spawn-object where she was going to dig. Now the treasure map is blocking her from the digging. I can't put the treasure map in my inventory because, "it doesn't belong to me." I can't interact with it. It's not on a lot where build-mode could take care of it. How do I remove it?

Also, while roasting some fruit to appease the Order of Enchantment, my SIM placed the food platter on the alter directly. I cannot move the platter. I made sack lunches of the food, but the platter remained. The only interaction options are 1) wash it in a sink or 2) throw it away. Unfortunately at the garden of OOE, there's neither a sink nor a trashcan.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited April 2023
    Have you tried to enable testing cheats, then shift click on the treasure map and press delete / remove object?
  • Options
    pjericksimpjericksim Posts: 89 Member
    edited April 2023
    Future wrote: »
    Have you tried to enable testing cheats, then shift click on the treasure map and press delete / remove object?

No, I have to admit, I haven't. I'm going to have to investigate how...

[1st edit]

Okay, [Ctrl +Shift C] "testcheats on"

I still cannot interact with the map because "it doesn't belong to me." So, without being able to interact, I can't move it, and I can't delete it.

So, I make the map my head. I move out of the way and try to set the map down: 1) the original map is still in place; 2) now I have a second immovable map in my game.

Am I doing this right?
    Post edited by pjericksim on
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    testingcheats on
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    testingcheats on

Yep. I wrote it in proper, [Ctrl + Shift C] "Testingcheats on". Still I can't interact with the map, so I can't delete it. I can make the map my head and move about, but the original map remains in position, and if I drop the map that became my head, I will duplicate another map in my world.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2023
    i don't think we can delete items directly even with cheat are you sure its not mod thing? hmm strange

but you could try inferniate if you have realm of magic it did rid me of some glitched plants before but it didn't help with my mailbox that jumped off lot when i was editing yuma heights in oasis springs

its about 50/50 possibility
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Are you sure its not mod thing?
    No, I don't believe so.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    You could try inferniate.
    Well, I do have ROM, but I haven't played around with that expansion pack... so it'll be a learing curve.

In the mean time, there are other spawning rocks to dig up.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I could be wrong but I believe the option to destroy objects with testingcheats was patched out at some point. If you're on PC and don't mind mods there's a solution.

With MCCC open settings by clicking on a computer or by opening cheats and typing in mc_settings.
    MCCC Settings > Notification/Console/Menu Settings > Console Command Settings... > Debug Commands In Cheats > Enabled
    :warning: quit and relaunch the game... now shift+left-click to Destory Object (Debug)

Another option is grabbing the Destroy Object Cheat + All Cheats mods by TwistedMexi.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    If you're on PC and don't mind mods there's a solution...

So, I downloaded MCCC and followed the instructions (thank you so much, by the way). But my problem persists.

The object I want to delete is not on any specific property. And even though it fell out of my personal inventory the game does not recognize it as being mine. When I "shift+left-click to Destory Object (Debug)" it says, "You do not own the item."

It's still there. (Well, now I have three of them scattered around the area.)

Thanks for trying to help.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    That's odd :/ Sorry it didn't help you out. I used it the other day on a stranded bike a townie left off the lot so I assumed it could work here.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,040 Member
    TwistedMexis T.O.O.L allows you to delete objects that are not someone's property, however you have to be able to see the object and click on it from a lot (some twisting around usually makes that possible but sometimes it's difficult to get it right).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    That's odd :/ Sorry it didn't help you out.

WAIT!

It worked. After having tried MCCC and failing the first time, I went on to look into TwistedMexis T.O.O.L. and how they propose to delete unwanted objects. I was disheartened to observe that T.O.O.L had the same process as MCCC, but in the explanation they described how you still needed to "testingcheats enabled" before the [Shift + Left Click] would delete the object.

So, I went back into my game, having MCCC now installed and configured just like you described, and turned on testingcheats. Now the [Shift + Left Click] worked! I've successfully eliminated the three misplaced treasure maps from the beach at Britechester!

Thanks for your help, everybody!