Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Changes to Starting Screen

Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
So I opened the game and I was confronted by this screen, which I have never seen before, including this morning when I played a little bit before work.

ztglq0dneg6k.jpg

Is it because I'm offline (which is how I usually play)? I own all the packs that are listed as required, so I am confused as to why I am unable to play.

Am I now going to be forced to play online and update every week or so, and constantly update mods? I am not happy about this attitude of forced online activity,
Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.

Comments

• Options
    Ok that's weird, I restarted the app and it worked. If anyone knows what causes the above screen I would be grateful for their input though, in case it happens again.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    You can't just hit play and enter the save?
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited April 2023
    did the game maybe load only some of your packs? or by the looks of it probably just base 😅 or maybe its the get to work since thats mentioned above eh but even so I have not seen screen like this

I actually didn't play today though since i was trying to organize my screenshot folders to not end up with new chaos :sweat_smile: but yesterday it did not look like that
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited April 2023
    I find when this happens in my game, and it's quite often now, I will exit the game (do not save). Completely exit out of, and then reboot game launcher. Then startup the game again and usually everything is back.
  • Options
    You can't just hit play and enter the save?

I couldn't, it said I would have to play without those packs, and I didn't want to mess up my saves. It was fine when I restarted the app though.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    did the game maybe load only some of your packs? or by the looks of it probably just base 😅 or maybe its the get to work since thats mentioned above eh but even so I have not seen screen like this

I actually didn't play today though since i was trying to organize my screenshot folders to not end up with new chaos :sweat_smile: but yesterday it did not look like that

Yeah, it appeared to have loaded the base game and no DLC.
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    Happened to me last week. I simply exited, quit the EA app, restarted the app and then the game loaded like normal.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My game recently failed to load a couple of my packs as well. I couldn’t figure out at first why some of my build/buy items had vanished.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    My game recently failed to load a couple of my packs as well. I couldn’t figure out at first why some of my build/buy items had vanished.

Last week I kept getting messages whilst in the game about content being removed because I didn't own it or something, but whatever that was about didn't stop me from actually playing. It's just weird.
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member

When exiting the game. Try manually closing the EA app first. After that, then Ctrl-Alt-Del to task manager and close the tracking EA program/application called: EA Background Service

zDh0LqB.png

The pack thing I think has to do mainly with the catch files. With a 'clean' boot-up of EA app and then Sims 4, it should work.
    I've had the same issue, (also not able to load Sims 4 until ending task the "EA Background Service" first). I'm in the habit of ending task it every-time now after closing the game and have lately had no issues.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

Last week I kept getting messages whilst in the game about content being removed because I didn't own it or something, but whatever that was about didn't stop me from actually playing. It's just weird.

I get that now and again on console but none of my decorations is gone. When I looked into it people said that message is usually related to game generated items that you left on lot, like an empty glass or something.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I play on Mac so I don’t have the EA app.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    edited April 2023
    I got that screen once. I was fuming. But, if memory serves, I either exited the App, and/or did an App recovery. I wish I could remember clearly, but later on it finally loaded correctly. I think it may have been a glitch on EA's end or something.

ETA: I may have done a game repair. No, I went into manage packs.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/