Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

LGR Posts Sims 4 Growing Together Review

simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,400 Member
Semi-annual LGR video just dropped. Take a look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9ozCul3Qfc&ab_channel=LGR
He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
Post edited by simmerorigin on

Comments

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Probably belongs in the Negative Thoughts thread. 😄
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    The goat has returned... >:)
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    Let me guess... he doesn’t like it 😂
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I was just thinking about LGR last night, wondering if we would see another review from him. I always enjoy his take on new packs. He is refreshingly honest, and I appreciate his quirky sense of humor. I was surprised he likes San Sequoia. In fact, he didn't have very many negative thoughts about GT at all. :)
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    JustinB113 wrote: »

Actually for him it was fairly positive. But then he doesn't play the game anymore ( I presume someone sent him a copy of GT) and doesn't appear to want to take it up again (Paralives and new life game incl) so didn't really expect him to be too detailed anyways. I enjoy his reviews for the laffs. He is very entertaining.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Actually for him it was fairly positive. But then he doesn't play the game anymore ( I presume someone sent him a copy of GT) and doesn't appear to want to take it up again (Paralives and new life game incl) so didn't really expect him to be too detailed anyways. I enjoy his reviews for the laffs. He is very entertaining.

FYI he doesn't get gifted packs. He's said before he has refused participation in the game changer program.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    @simmerorigin I know he doesn't. I meant sometimes simmers gift him packs. Not EA
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    FutureFuture Posts: 336 Member
    edited March 2023
    One thing I've noticed this go-round... everybody who has a platform has pretty much commented the same about this pack. Everyone has complained about the lack of infant stuff being included in base game and instead being tied to Growing Together. Everyone has complained about the world looking beautiful but expressed disappointment in not having many things to do / lack of functionality. Everyone seems to feel either CAS or Buy Build or BOTH was lacking. LGR basically says the same and then ends it with "it feels more like putting extra seasoning onto a dish versus a separate meal" or whatever food analogy he used. Entertaining video per usual.
  • Options
    @simmerorigin I know he doesn't. I meant sometimes simmers gift him packs. Not EA

Okay.
  • Options
    JustinB113JustinB113 Posts: 1,050 Member
    edited March 2023

I like him too. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but I don’t like the more critical sims creators for the most part as most of their complaints boil down to ‘corporations bad’, ‘this should be free’ or ‘I preferred sims 2’ and after a while it just gets very repetitive.

But LGR is the best of them. I think he puts his points across in a good way and he’s really funny. I think most people love his sims reviews.
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Actually thought the review both interesting and informative, with dashes of his usual humor. I see his point, though. An EP should be a full meal, as he put it, not seasoning for what we already have. He also revealed there's a bit of MFP shenanigans. Sure, the infants are free, but to get what you need to properly care for them is locked in the EP.